Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We havent moved in 24 hours ie no changes to wolves position, but fulham have big, had it agreed, and then given him a contract proposal.

If he says yes will be having a medical by next week at fulham.

All with us waiting on cash to be available to bid for sporting.

We might have had discussions, talked about personal terms. But we haven't actually engaged sporting with an offer.
You don't think that if this is happening, Mendes might give us a little heads up?

"Hey Jeff, Fulham have put in a bid and a serious contract offer, so if you still want him, it's now or never".

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
See, this is my exact problem with the fans.

It appears we're going to lose out on Palhinha to Fulham. It should normally set alarm bells ringing.

Instead, the narrative is already getting twisted. Did we really want him? Is he that good?

Romano, the E&S, many, many Portuguese outlets have told us we want him, so yes we do!!

It's just pure denial, failing to acknowledge we could've messed up and it's crazy.

Again, I'll reiterate it's an 'if' but should his move to Fulham materialise don't give us this BS, just accept we didn't move because we don't have the money now.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You don't think that if this is happening, Mendes might give us a little heads up?

"Hey Jeff, Fulham have put in a bid and a serious contract offer, so if you still want him, it's now or never".

More than that. Mendes also knows the situation around Neves and Traore, since he’s also their agent. So he knows whether Wolves are likely to need Palhinha or have the funds to buy him…. now ask yourself why an offer from Fulham has popped up?

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
See, this is my exact problem with the fans.

It appears we're going to lose out on Palhinha to Fulham. It should normally set alarm bells ringing.

Instead, the narrative is already getting twisted. Did we really want him? Is he that good?

Romano, the E&S, many, many Portuguese outlets have told us we want him, so yes we do!!

It's just pure denial, failing to acknowledge we could've messed up and it's crazy.

Again, I'll reiterate it's an 'if' but should his move to Fulham materialise don't give us this BS, just accept we didn't move because we don't have the money now.

See this is my exact problem with the fans.

It appears Fulham are also interested in Palhinha. It's a very normal situation to have more than one club interested in a player.

Instead the narrative is that Jeff is an idiot, and Palhinha has already signed for Fulham, simply because no-one could ever turn down Fulham.

It's just pure desire to wallow in misery.

Again, I'll reiterate - nothing bad has happened yet.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need him already

I agree. But Mendes will know what Wolves Mgt think, which might be different. If Jeff has already told Mendes that Palhinha replaces Neves, but isn’t wanted if Neves stays, then Mendes will be duty bound to find another opportunity for Palhinha and Sporting.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More than that. Mendes also knows the situation around Neves and Traore, since he’s also their agent. So he knows whether Wolves are likely to need Palhinha or have the funds to buy him…. now ask yourself why an offer from Fulham has popped up?

Because Fulham want him!?

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You are basing it on the past 3 seasons when we’ve had a bigger squad and a younger moutinho.

With moutinho now ageing, saiss gone, traore likely to go, neves likely to go, there really isn’t much between the two sides .
Or you could base it on things that have actually happened rather than things that might. A fit Neto, Raul with a better headband, Neves is still here, traore is still here, our players have proved they can perform at premier league level, Fulham have championship level players, Fulham have sold one of their best players to Liverpool

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
See, you can't give an answer. I backed up my opinion with evidence, and you backed up yours with.....?
I CAN give an answer…..haha, could I ever but to what end?
I don‘t think you can change your mind or mine……why waste our time?
To each his own.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
Definitely not just you. Surely we haven't got two posters who are so comically negative?
It’s very easy to tell them apart. One is comically over the top with the exclamations of “outrageous!” or “disgraceful!” while the other assumes a know-it-all posture, seemingly rational, but in fact, it’s all opinionated conjecture and supposition.

It’s so bemusing to see grown men get so worked up over twitter rumors and gossip. I would rather have fun with it all, dreaming on what could be rather than driving my blood pressure up unnecessarily. Like someone said, Que Sera, Sera!

Wishes for the squad: athleticism in the midfield and back line. Want to see the high pressing game that Bruno wants. Striker optional. We probably only need 2 new players to transform how we play. Then, a couple of promising youngsters on the cusp—business done.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I CAN give an answer…..haha, could I ever but to what end?
I don‘t think you can change your mind or mine……why waste our time?
To each his own.

Give me your answer. Genuinely interested to what evidence you have that this window will be a successful one. All you've done is give a wishy washy answer with no evidence behind it

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What happened to that money we borrowed a few months back? I’d love a midfield 4 with Paulinha joining our 3 already here

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely right
The only thing thats changed is Fulham putting in a firm offer
No one knows what, if anything, we have offered,or how advanced our talks, if any ,have gone
If reports are true that its up to the player to decide, then we must have an offer in or the player would have no choice to make lol
We also don’t know how much wages he wants. Maybe Fulham were offering him an excessive amount on what he’s worth.
Theres a good business reason for Jeff keeping wages at a reasonable level.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, that's a plausible but particularly pessimistic explanation.

Yes, I agree. I imagine Mendes knows all the clubs who have his players on their target list, and likely where on the list they are. If Palhinha needs to move this summer, and the probability of Wolves wanting or being in a position to move on him, is shrinking, then likely he makes some calls to test interest from other clubs who have scouted him. All speculation of course.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

PS: If Ruben stays (whiich would be the preferred option) and is given an extended contract, with increased financial incentives, then the Palhinha saga will be confined to the Bin!
Come on Ruben, you know that it would make sense.
You know what will also be confined to the bin, our transfer window because of having no funds. Lets hope the top Portuguese clubs have some top youngsters in their B teams.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He does mention a proposal from Wolves though,which last week Palhinha said was his preferred destination
Ill eat my hat if we sign him, and get this over the line instead of fulham.

I think we have been caught waiting to see the markets and outcomes with players on holiday,

and silva at fulham has said ooh look hes available ill have a bit of that.

And it will force palinhas hand, as much as he wants wolves. They are humans, and as a human, id like to get it sorted as soon as possible so i can get a house move etc etc.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We also don’t know how much wages he wants. Maybe Fulham were offering him an excessive amount on what he’s worth.
Theres a good business reason for Jeff keeping wages at a reasonable level.
We dont KNOW anything thats my point
A lot of people getting irate over nothing concrete yet
If he wants to come, and we want him, im sure we will get him otherwise move on

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
See this is my exact problem with the fans.

It appears Fulham are also interested in Palhinha. It's a very normal situation to have more than one club interested in a player.

Instead the narrative is that Jeff is an idiot, and Palhinha has already signed for Fulham, simply because no-one could ever turn down Fulham.

It's just pure desire to wallow in misery.

Again, I'll reiterate - nothing bad has happened yet.
I'll await your response if/when he moves to Fulham :)

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4 man central midfield. Bold move.
No I’m afraid as much as we don’t like it, players get injured and Neves picks up yellow cards for fun, so regularly gets one and two game bans. I think you know what I mean old chap ;);)

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or because Mendes knows that the chances of selling Neves this window are shrinking and Wolves only really want Palhinha to replace Neves…
I don't see Palhinha as a simple replacement for Neves. Rather he will be integral if Lage wants to switch to a back 4, (even if Neves stays to play a further 20m up the pitch).

CologneWolf

Reaction score
What makes you think Jordao is up to PL football given that even Grasshoppers wouldn't give him game time ? (I quite like him btw...)
Nothing actually. But think it would be better decision overall for the club to have him as the unused midfielder on the bench instead of Cundle while Cundle goes out on loan to champ/L1 or wherever to get valuable experience.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s very easy to tell them apart. One is comically over the top with the exclamations of “outrageous!” or “disgraceful!” while the other assumes a know-it-all posture, seemingly rational, but in fact, it’s all opinionated conjecture and supposition.

It’s so bemusing to see grown men get so worked up over twitter rumors and gossip. I would rather have fun with it all, dreaming on what could be rather than driving my blood pressure up unnecessarily. Like someone said, Que Sera, Sera!

Wishes for the squad: athleticism in the midfield and back line. Want to see the high pressing game that Bruno wants. Striker optional. We probably only need 2 new players to transform how we play. Then, a couple of promising youngsters on the cusp—business done.
Ooo goody, we get to personally assess posters. I'll save your glowing reference for later :D

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spiers suggested we had a couple of signings quite far along.

In typical wolves style lets see on July 1st who is, here could have a couple of lads out of contract and someone else.

I mean here is guessing, its all guess work with wolves

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Give me your answer. Genuinely interested to what evidence you have that this window will be a successful one. All you've done is give a wishy washy answer with no evidence behind it
Here’s just one ….
I see no evidence that Wolves will ‘mess ‘ Bruno this window as you said but you said they would.
Really?…..you can see into the future?
They didn’t do it last window and they won’t this window.

You keep asking for EVIDENCE yet all you’ve said is what you think has happened last summer and this window. Don’t give me a ‘think‘……only manly, adult evidence.

or else we could just let this all slide by before it become too adversarial. This would be easier if we were sharing a pint together……typing kinda bores me, not just here but generally.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

That's what I mean. If both Wolves and Fulham are in for a player, they go to Wolves. If both Arsenal and Wolves are in for a player, they go to Arsenal. Ipso facto, if a player goes to a lesser club, the bigger club wasn't in for them!

And that's what I find puzzling
What if the one club have a plan for the future, funding, plus aspirations to improve and the other club have E-sports-some dodgy fashion gear and a music label :p

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here’s just one ….
I see no evidence that Wolves will ‘mess ‘ Bruno this window as you said but you said they would.
Really?…..you can see into the future?
They didn’t do it last window and they won’t this window.

You keep asking for EVIDENCE yet all you’ve said is what you think has happened last summer and this window. Don’t give me a ‘think‘……only manly, adult evidence.

or else we could just let this all slide by before it become too adversarial. This would be easier if we were sharing a pint together……typing kinda bores me, not just here but generally.
How did they back Bruno last window?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom