Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The biggest issue is however is head off the leisure division for fosun won’t free up funds it seems.

What can we do with say 10-15 mil max?

If we cant afford to buy a player for around 20 million, without selling a player, after 4 seasons in the Premier League then maybe we need new owners?!

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If, and I stress the if, Palhinia is one of our key targets, the optics will not be very good at all if we miss out to a newly promoted side. I can already see supporters getting pretty agitated and in some cases irate on twitter at the mere suggestion of this, let alone if it becomes a reality. That said you just don't know with Wolves, any hesitancy could be that we think a better option has become available to us or that Fulham are offering him silly money on a 5 year deal we don't think is worth matching? It could be that the chances of Neves not moving on have increased? Equally it could be as speculated, we actually do need to sell first and that isn't happening as speedily as we'd like? I have absolutely no idea tbh

Like everyone, I'm feeling anxious about our incomings and outgoings as things stand, but I'm also reminding myself that we are owned by a major global investment fund who would surely not want to put a multi million £ asset in some jeopardy for the sake of saving a few quid on transfers? It's tough, but I think we've really gotta hang on in there for a few weeks and see how we are looking heading into pre season. It could get bumpy in the meantime.

We do really need to lift our self imposed embargo on buying a decent CM and CB this summer though at the very least.

Last edited:

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAH how would we afford his wages?
I don’t buy it either, pretty poor source too.

Have a feeling we’re just being linked because Luis Campos has took the sporting director role at PSG. He has Mendes links, and with PSG looking to start a “new era” so to speak, feels like the press will link us to anyone they’re looking to potentially cast off that isn’t super super ridiculous like a Di Maria or Neymar lol

Could see Danilo Periera being linked at some point over the next few weeks just for this reason.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the main, I agree. Sa signing aside, our transfer business has been going downhill for years now. It’s no better with Molineux as well. After fitting the screens and some initial sprucing up, it’s ground to a halt and the handling of the temp stand was amateur. Yes we finished in the top half, and yes our finances are solid, but both of those will be threatened if we don’t have a competitive squad.

Looks like a stagnation at the club to me, in a number of areas.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If we cant afford to buy a player for around 20 million, without selling a player, after 4 seasons in the Premier League then maybe we need new owners?!

Wanting new ownership who Chuck money at it every year would be a dream, but getting them is another story

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm over the back 5 too. It's served us fantastically well but we have reached the end of this cycle end, for me, we need to at least have an alternative. We can't score goals....no mystery where the problems lie!

I think we need a proper box to.box midfielder who can help us move to a 4atb. A good Dendoncker. Palhinha isnt that. I hope he signs, but he wouldn't be the player who can take us to a different system of play
Agree re the midfielder. But I disagree re Palhinha. Instead of having 3 CHs protected by 2 deep lying midfielders (as per the last few seasons), he would allow us to play 2CHs protected or joined by him thus releasing 2 players to move into forward positions. Granted we'd need a new, pacy CH plus your midfielder but I think we largely have players who can play a more expansive style if we first get the right defensive players into position.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right, so just check I have this right.

You go at me for not 'speaking for all' and for being negative.

I say: We won't have a positive net spend.
You say: We will spend around £10m.
So, not much between us at all.

I say: Neves will leave.
You say: Neves will leave.

If Neves isn't sold immediately, you think we will still be willing to pay £20m for a player but I don't.

The majority of the money will be spent when Neves leaves. I agree.

So I don't really understand why you've taken such an attitude towards me this morning. Our views are broadly similar. So if you think of me as negative, what does that make you?

Unfortunately you seem to want to tip-toe around the points in order to refuse to debate them, instead turning on individual posters.

Again, the reality is that, like me and other 'negative' fans, you don't expect us to spend much (£10m is nothing in the modern game) and you are worried that Neves' likely sale is holding up what we can do. That's the main issue for most on here, just most of us are saying it straight.

Glad we're on the same page anyway ;)
May I interject? You've rightly pointed out your views are broadly similar to those of @North West Wanderer.

I think the main difference is the overwhelmingly negative manner in which you express those views.

There are two main types on the mix, those who are more measured in their posts and offer largely a neutral viewpoint, and then more reactionary negative posters who manage to give the sense of entitled whinging to their posts. To avoid any confusion, you're the latter.

There used to be a third type - the happy clapper, they seem to have disappeared though.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
May I interject? You've rightly pointed out your views are broadly similar to those of @North West Wanderer.

I think the main difference is the overwhelmingly negative manner in which you express those views.

There are two main types on the mix, those who are more measured in their posts and offer largely a neutral viewpoint, and then more reactionary negative posters who manage to give the sense of entitled whinging to their posts. To avoid any confusion, you're the latter.

There used to be a third type - the happy clapper, they seem to have disappeared though.
How can you be positive that a promoted team are beating us to a target we’ve probably been looking at for 3 years ?

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How can you be positive that a promoted team are beating us to a target we’ve probably been looking at for 3 years ?

Erm just to point out that if we’ve “probably been looking” at him for three years and haven’t signed him….. then perhaps we’re not bothered about him

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not positive. I'm neutral until this plays out. Nothing's happened either way. I can see you've nailed your negativity to the mast already though.

There's two things that can happen now, you may we'll be proved right, you can laud it over us and remind us all of how right you were and I can express my dismay at missing out on a target...

Alternatively you'll be proven wrong and have to backpeddle to join me in celebrating what is hopefully a great signing or lay low on any Palinha related threads and direct your unwavering negativity elsewhere.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really is getting pointless reading this thread, just a bunch of seven year olds whinging they haven't got what they wanted for Christmas the week before santa actually arrives.

My theory is maybe Neves doesn't actually want to leave this window, but the club are hawking him out to the highest bidder whilst we can get top dollar for him.

Will now give it a miss till the window shuts and see where the squad is then.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barcelona plan to rebuild finances to be voted on tonight .

That seems crazy. They get money now but they'll be in an even worse position further down the line

D

Deleted member (smith)

If, and I stress the if, Palhinia is one of our key targets, the optics will not be very good at all if we miss out to a newly promoted side. I can already see supporters getting pretty agitated and in some cases irate on twitter at the mere suggestion of this, let alone if it becomes a reality. That said you just don't know with Wolves, any hesitancy could be that we think a better option has become available to us or that Fulham are offering him silly money on a 5 year deal we don't think is worth matching? It could be that the chances of Neves not moving on have increased? Equally it could be as speculated, we actually do need to sell first and that isn't happening as speedily as we'd like? I have absolutely no idea tbh

Like everyone, I'm feeling anxious about our incomings and outgoings as things stand, but I'm also reminding myself that we are owned by a major global investment fund who would surely not want to put a multi million £ asset in some jeopardy for the sake of saving a few quid on transfers? It's tough, but I think we've really gotta hang on in there for a few weeks and see how we are looking heading into pre season. It could get bumpy in the meantime.

We do really need to lift our self imposed embargo on buying a decent CM and CB this summer though at the very least.

What you say is very true…..but the reality is that Fulham will not get him unless wolves don’t want him at the offer price ( and wolves will be considering alternatives) it seems als sporting want more for Nunes that we will likely get for Neves so that is another deal that is possible but not likely.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barcelona plan to rebuild finances to be voted on tonight .

That looks like a much larger-scale version of what Ridsdale did at Leeds and may well not end any better. Effectively spending future income now merely mortgages the club's future.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We shouldn’t miss out on him.

He’s a player we want, a player we need and all signs now point to him going to Fulham (a bola reporting it too).

You’re clearly in denial when you say things like ‘if we keep Neves & sign Nunes’. There’s zero chance of that happening. Zero.

That’s why I say missing out on Palhinha might wake people up. There should be real concern at the way we’re heading but a percentage of our fans are too determined to mock others instead of realising it.

Maybe when we're hovering around the drop zone at Christmas, people will finally get their heads out the sand and wake up.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any concern I have will be at the end of the transfer window, not now.
It’s called being reasonable and considerate.
But we say this every single window, and the end result is the same, ie the squad not being strengthened properly. Surely people can see a pattern here? It's happening every season now.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Thanks for that.

I'll take it on board and try to be more 'measured' like you, like calling people racist if they disagree with me ;)

I don't get the entitled thing, towards me anyway - and the majority to be fair. Seems a very lazy cop out.

In fact, I think I'm one of the most 'neutral' posters on here, I don't let supporting and wanting Wolves to do well to influence my opinion, as you can see haha.

Entitled is defined as 'deserving of privileges or special treatment', I have constantly said I'm happy with Fosun selling to buy - although I wish it wasn't as strict, so we could sign Palhinha now knowing Neves would go for example.

I certainly don't demand they put more money in and accept the situation we're in.

My main grip is actually that others don't see it. I hate the naivety that this is all a plan, that we're somehow doing something different/special. We have owners that have no interest in putting money in, no interest in improving the stadium and are no longer the excellent owners they once were.

That's a pretty bleak outlook but that's our reality. Yet I see a lot of other views that I feel are biased because it's Wolves and people understandably want to be positive.

My way of viewing Wolves is to imagine if it was another club. If any other club were in our position they would be viewed as unambitious, not serious threats to Europe, top ten etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom