Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right, so just check I have this right.

You go at me for not 'speaking for all' and for being negative.

I say: We won't have a positive net spend.
You say: We will spend around £10m.
So, not much between us at all.

I say: Neves will leave.
You say: Neves will leave.

If Neves isn't sold immediately, you think we will still be willing to pay £20m for a player but I don't.

The majority of the money will be spent when Neves leaves. I agree.

So I don't really understand why you've taken such an attitude towards me this morning. Our views are broadly similar. So if you think of me as negative, what does that make you?

Unfortunately you seem to want to tip-toe around the points in order to refuse to debate them, instead turning on individual posters.

Again, the reality is that, like me and other 'negative' fans, you don't expect us to spend much (£10m is nothing in the modern game) and you are worried that Neves' likely sale is holding up what we can do. That's the main issue for most on here, just most of us are saying it straight.

Glad we're on the same page anyway ;)
I don’t turn on posters, if that’s how it feels then sincerely my apologies!
The difference is our expectations are different.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best to come back on 25th of June, we may be closer to identifying who we might actually sign.

and maybe find out about whats going to happen with adama/trincao

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An evidential basis.

Fulham doing bits: Both times that Fulham have come up, I've lost count of the amount of times that I've read here how they've had better windows than us. Down x 2

Villa/Everton/Saints light years ahead. All finished below a stuttering Wolves.

'Relegation battle' - Nope....not yet. Will it happen at some point? Almost certainly. But, again, evidence dictates that it's ripe for lambasting at this stage.

It's not mockery. It's light hearted ribbing, as the vast majority of my comments are on here. I mean no offence. I just enjoy a bit of ribaldry.

The mix has always been a doom and gloom house (as have most forums in fairness).

I just read the same people making the same predictions time and time again. So far, they have been almost uniformly wrong. Will they be right eventually? Absolutely.

In the same way I took joy when we did the double over Villa. Will they get revenge and do the double over us this season? Possibly. At some point in the next 10 years? Probably.

In short, I take confidence in the fact that predictions of our doom have been entirely incorrect. They probably will be again. When our boom period inevitably ends and we enter another Wolves recession, I want to look back on this golden period with fond memories. I don't want to be one of those folk who spent the whole time saying 'This is a shambles/disgrace'. Personal preference.

Let's not forget your prediction in August last year that we would go down! I have to remind myself it's the same poster. Not having a go by the way, we all get things wrong, but you were very angry against Fosun, you changed your mind which is fine, but I thought it would at least make you understand the other side.

Also untrue with Everton/Villa etc. They both finished above us one season after people said they were better than us, we reversed it last season thankfully. You can also mention West Ham if you want, people said they were better than us and have finished above us twice ;)

But yeah I'm fine with calling people out on things and having a few light-hearted digs, I'm just curious if you actually believe it?

Do you really think Fulham will fail again? Do you really think Villa will finish below us? Or that we won't avoid a relegation battle?

Fair enough if you do, I hope you're right.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Icardi onloan in a deal that takes Neves to PSG for a big sum. Allowing us to bring in players and with Icardi we have cover upfront. Sign me up

From his Wikipedia page

2020–2022: Injury struggles and decline​

By the end of the season, Icardi had only scored five goals across all competitions, his lowest tally in a campaign since his debut season at Sampdoria.​

A forward who can't score goals? Not even for PSG in Ligue 1? He will fit right in here. Either Hwang will get the blame, or Icari could be the new scapegoat for Fabio failing yet again.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Definitely not just you. Surely we haven't got two posters who are so comically negative?
Yay, here's the cheerleader.

I'm just going through your posts to check the last time you commented without digging out other posters. Onto page 2...

Edit: Stopped looking now, all you do is log on to have a pop at posters :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: why don't you offer an actual opinion on a topic?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From his Wikipedia page

2020–2022: Injury struggles and decline​

By the end of the season, Icardi had only scored five goals across all competitions, his lowest tally in a campaign since his debut season at Sampdoria.​

A forward who can't score goals? Not even for PSG in Ligue 1? He will fit right in here. Either Hwang will get the blame, or Icari could be the new scapegoat for Fabio failing yet again.

Wouldn't the 5 goals took him to one of our top scorers?

He only started 10 games, mainly used off the bench.

Probably no chance of him coming anyway

T

TheConcourse

We do want him. It's about money. It's always about money and we have owners who don't want to spend a penny.
I’m not sure we do tbh. Bringing him in with no guarantee of Neves leaving would leave our midfield so heavy on DM’s.

If there was a serious offer for Neves then I’d agree with you, but right now Barca can’t afford him, United want de Jong and it’s silent from Arsenal who can’t offer him CL football.

Why would we sign him now?

Marzt

Reaction score

Not sure on SportWitness' pedigree but one provides some doom-mongering fuel and the other an interesting 'what-if'

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not sure we do tbh. Bringing him in with no guarantee of Neves leaving would leave our midfield so heavy on DM’s.

If there was a serious offer for Neves then I’d agree with you, but right now Barca can’t afford him, United want de Jong and it’s silent from Arsenal who can’t offer him CL football.

We have three central midfielders, none of who have his physical qualities. (Dendoncker maybe should but doesn't)

In my opinion he walks into our XI straight away never mind the fact we need a fourth midfielder anyway.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think Neves and Palhinha could be pretty good in the same team. We are not exactly CDM heavy. I would gladly see Dendonker go.

The reason they are not buying Palhinha is because they are counting on the money from the Neves sale.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To me it appears one big mess at the club. Still not got Moutinho contract sorted. Saiss, Marcal gone with no sign of any replacements. A squad with a number of players on a downward trend now and badly in need of refreshing and now due to us being so unbelievably tight and so slow off the mark we risk losing out on what is reported as one of our main targets to a newly promoted club.

Starting to look to me like we supposedly show an interest in a lot of players but never make a proper bid or when we do bid they are low ball offers that clubs are laughing out loud at.

I respect that there are some posters on here who will defend Shi, Sellars and Fosun no matter what and that is their choice but to me they are looking a shambles at present and I dread what next season will bring as we all saw how bad we were in the last 3 months of the season.

My big fear is without new and positive additions we will be in a struggle next season as the form for the last 3 months of last season was relegation form.

I'm not Lage's biggest fan but I wouldnt blame him if he walked soon.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe we should have a summer transfer thread and a summer bitch and whinge thread. For those of us that come back 2 hours later and wade through 5 pages of crying and no actual transfer news.
Yes, but it would be a summer transfer page, singular.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Maybe we should have a summer transfer thread and a summer bitch and whinge thread. For those of us that come back 2 hours later and wade through 5 pages of crying and no actual transfer news.
An actual transfer thread would be about 2 pages long.

Might be a good idea though, just adding tweets and news from legit sources and no comments for those that don't want discussion.

The last legit update was Romano saying we were close to Palhinha 5 days ago I think. Nothing else since then.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's not forget your prediction in August last year that we would go down! I have to remind myself it's the same poster. Not having a go by the way, we all get things wrong, but you were very angry against Fosun, you changed your mind which is fine, but I thought it would at least make you understand the other side.

Also untrue with Everton/Villa etc. They both finished above us one season after people said they were better than us, we reversed it last season thankfully. You can also mention West Ham if you want, people said they were better than us and have finished above us twice ;)

But yeah I'm fine with calling people out on things and having a few light-hearted digs, I'm just curious if you actually believe it?

Do you really think Fulham will fail again? Do you really think Villa will finish below us? Or that we won't avoid a relegation battle?

Fair enough if you do, I hope you're right.
Oh I get millions of things wrong. In fact I think I get far more wrong than right. I thought Solbakken was an inspired appointment and Mick would lead us to top 10.

In fact the only 2 predictions I've made that were bang on the money were Zenga being meh and Clownders being hopeless.

I actually think Villa will get it right very soon and Fulham looked very good last season. But I thought that before and, as per, I was wrong!

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We were praised for pursuing evolution over revolution,
but at the moment our club stinks of slow stagnation.
I guess at least we're not Derby facing liquidation,
But I hope it doesn't go tits up with our relegation.

(or something like that)

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another ****ing year with a back 5
I'm over the back 5 too. It's served us fantastically well but we have reached the end of this cycle end, for me, we need to at least have an alternative. We can't score goals....no mystery where the problems lie!

I think we need a proper box to.box midfielder who can help us move to a 4atb. A good Dendoncker. Palhinha isnt that. I hope he signs, but he wouldn't be the player who can take us to a different system of play

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An actual transfer thread would be about 2 pages long.

Might be a good idea though, just adding tweets and news from legit sources and no comments for those that don't want discussion.

The last legit update was Romano saying we were close to Palhinha 5 days ago I think. Nothing else since then.
Could we also have a thread for those that deny, attack and belittle anyone that spouts heresy against Fosun, Shi or Sellers. Call it "Views from the management".

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
To me it appears one big mess at the club. Still not got Moutinho contract sorted. Saiss, Marcal gone with no sign of any replacements. A squad with a number of players on a downward trend now and badly in need of refreshing and now due to us being so unbelievably tight and so slow off the mark we risk losing out on what is reported as one of our main targets to a newly promoted club.

Starting to look to me like we supposedly show an interest in a lot of players but never make a proper bid or when we do bid they are low ball offers that clubs are laughing out loud at.

I respect that there are some posters on here who will defend Shi, Sellars and Fosun no matter what and that is their choice but to me they are looking a shambles at present and I dread what next season will bring as we all saw how bad we were in the last 3 months of the season.

My big fear is without new and positive additions we will be in a struggle next season as the form for the last 3 months of last season was relegation form.

The biggest issue is however is head off the leisure division for fosun won’t free up funds it seems.

What can we do with say 10-15 mil max?

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Look in the pinned there’s a thread just about who we are linked to that’s what your looking for

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After wading through 10 pages of hysteria ill finally post my views
Nothing has changed as i see it

Fulham have put in a similar bid to ours and Sporting have said ok we accept both and leave it to the player
As Palhinha openly said last week he wants to come here i put it that we are still in poll position
Ofc money talks and he could chose Fulham instead,if so then its been a massive **** up by us if we really wanted him

As usual players will rock up out of the blue,we rarely do business openly
Ive been fairly supportive of Fosun so far but if we start losing our main targets to other teams because of dithering and baulking at a couple of million my support will fade rapidly

That said im confident players will arrive in due course,and players will leave if the right offers come in

We need 3-5 players to refresh the squad and replace outgoings i hope we get at least 2/3 of our main targets in the next few weeks,but its getting harder to remain confident i must admit

Asthmatic Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A great deal of discussion on optimism and pessimism regarding future prospects, both of which I think are valid, and I am as to baffled why both opposing views can’t co-exist without personal criticism.

However, currently, Fulham according to the well respected Zach Lowy, are close to beating us to Palhinha for €20 million, when we signed Hwang early for just less than that, and also let Traore go for free without replacing him whilst competing for the top 4.

Surely no degree of positivity (which, for the record, I generally and relentlessly possess in life) can polish this turd of managerial execution?!!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

In the main, I agree. Sa signing aside, our transfer business has been going downhill for years now. It’s no better with Molineux as well. After fitting the screens and some initial sprucing up, it’s ground to a halt and the handling of the temp stand was amateur. Yes we finished in the top half, and yes our finances are solid, but both of those will be threatened if we don’t have a competitive squad.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A great deal of discussion on optimism and pessimism regarding future prospects, both of which I think are valid, and I am as to baffled why both opposing views can’t co-exist without personal criticism.

However, currently, Fulham according to the well respected Zach Lowy, are close to beating us to Palhinha for €20 million, when we signed Hwang early for just less than that, and also let Traore go for free without replacing him whilst competing for the top 4.

Surely no degree of positivity (which, for the record, I generally and relentlessly possess in life) can polish this turd of managerial execution?!!
Zach Lowy is just like Talking Wolves, he aggregates news and posts them on his feed to be in one place, citing the source.

The tweet he put up about Fulham beating us is from Abola, who aren’t the most reliable. Sure it’s known know that Fulham have put a bid in & Sporting are happy with it, but until someone reliable says so, it doesn’t mean the player will chose them.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ive been fairly supportive of Fosun so far but if we start losing our main targets to other teams because of dithering and baulking at a couple of million my support will fade rapidly
If you believe reports there's quite a lengthy list where that's happened and in most cases they've gone on to do well elsewhere...

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If not we arent interested then
The most reliable reporter in Portugal says we’ve been interested since at least last summer. He’s said with Palhinha it’s always been the case that we would move for him once Neves goes, much like the Patricio-Sa deal from last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom