Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we want Palhina we should have the deal done. If we are in such a bad state financially we cant afford a 20 million pound footballer without selling somebody then i actually think Fosun should start their exit strategy. The backlash if we dont have a decent window this time around i think will be huge.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
we made a profitof 21m last year, compared to other clubs who struggled.

Do fosun want to inject zero cash into the business?
Last years figures are skewed depending on each clubs year end though. Ours is May where as others are June or July so they’d have less income deferred from the previous pandemic delayed end of the season.

For balance we made a £40m loss the year before so across the 2 years it was roughly £18m loss.

The only way to reliably compare losses (or profits) for each club in recent times is to combine the figures from 2019/20 and 2020/21 to account for any deferrals.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last years figures are skewed depending on each clubs year end though. Ours is May where as others are June or July so they’d have less income deferred from the previous pandemic delayed end of the season.

For balance we made a £40m loss the year before so across the 2 years it was roughly £18m loss.

The only way to reliably compare losses (or profits) for each club in recent times is to combine the figures from 2019/20 and 2020/21 to account for any deferrals.
Fair and sensible comment.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In your opinion buddy!!!
I was playing devils advocate clearly, but you know as little as I do!

have they said he’s going there? Or that they are interested?
I don’t know little and nor would you if you weren’t always trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Harsh to have a go at you for being optimistic so don’t mean it in a nasty way but I ‘knew’ we weren’t signing Botman, Sanches etc & that we wouldn’t have a positive net spend - and I can see what’s happening here.

You think it’s cynicism and negativity but it’s not. Well, it might be, but it’s right.

We should all be worried about where we’re heading but many aren’t, which is why I said Palhinha going to Fulham could wake people up as it should have everyone asking questions.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t know little and nor would you if you weren’t always trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Harsh to have a go at you for being optimistic so don’t mean it in a nasty way but I ‘knew’ we weren’t signing Botman, Sanches etc & that we wouldn’t have a positive net spend - and I can see what’s happening here.

You think it’s cynicism and negativity but it’s not. Well, it might be, but it’s right.

We should all be worried about where we’re heading but many aren’t, which is why I said Palhinha going to Fulham could wake people up as it should have everyone asking questions.
We are just polar opposites. Simple as that.
You see things that don’t exist and won’t consider you could be wrong.

Writer Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Is Palhinha actually that good?

I have no idea myself as I've never seen him play. Just wondering, if the only competition for his name is a newly promoted side, then is that saying something about his quality? Maybe we can do better and will, hence the growing rumours he'll end up at Fulham.

I have a feeling we'll sign players not even mentioned on here before.

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If we want Palhina we should have the deal done. If we are in such a bad state financially we cant afford a 20 million pound footballer without selling somebody then i actually think Fosun should start their exit strategy. The backlash if we dont have a decent window this time around i think will be huge.
couldnt agree more, you can just feel it simmering under the surface, obv we all want them to smash it and get it right but if they dont i feel wolves fans will have had enough

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Palhinha actually that good?

I have no idea myself as I've never seen him play. Just wondering, if the only competition for his name is a newly promoted side, then is that saying something about his quality? Maybe we can do better and will, hence the growing rumours he'll end up at Fulham.

I have a feeling we'll sign players not ev

At 18m which fulham are offering, and the fact we need to replace moutinho/neves inevitably.

Plus hes a portugeese international with experience of playing with alot of the wolves team.

Yes hes that good, let alone he is a good footballer, with a more physical presence.
n mentioned on here

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would you rather have Neves or the Neves money?
I'm sure neves as the professional that he is would box on reluctantly with us if nobody is prepared to meet our valuation but I'm a little concerned that his form would dip if he had his heart set on going.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are just polar opposites. Simple as that.
You see things that don’t exist and won’t consider you could be wrong.
I completely consider I could be wrong.

In fact, everything I say is much more committed than you in terms of ‘could be wrong’. I remember getting pelters at the time saying there’s no way Botman would join, just as the rumour came out. So I would’ve been wrong if he joined!

In this instance, I’ll be wrong in many ways. If we keep Neves, sign Nunes, sign Palhinha straight away (I don’t mean all three, just individually). I WANT to be wrong so I certainly consider I could be.

How could you be? You’re not actually saying much other than hedging bets and even if it’s a disaster you won’t say it is (see January window).

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The youngsters maybe, but the first teamers are on too high a wage for us I think (added above).

I think some of them would have to be loans if they wanted to move them here or have PSG pay some of the wages.

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Whilst I can’t stand Shi, Sellars and Clark (they are complete frauds and incompetents), I do think people need to keep their powder dry on this one. Whilst Palhinha is better than Dendoncker, if Palhinha is being brought in as a replacement for Neves, but by not getting him means that Neves is staying, then I’m happy with that.

What should have been happening all along was the addition of a player to play WITH Neves, not someone to replace Neves. If we go ahead and buy Nunes in the same way that we should have got Sanches last year, then the team will suddenly have an elite midfield with balance. Balance being the key, we need pace and Nunes brings that.

Shi has until deadline day for me before I get ****ed off, as I know he likes a last minute bid. All that being said, we will probably end up losing Neves on a 15 year loan with no obligation to buy and will start the season with the conference north version of Keith Andrews (Cundle).

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
if the only competition for his name is a newly promoted side, then is that saying something about his quality? Maybe we can do better and will, hence the growing rumours he'll end up at Fulham.
Did people think the same about Raul for example, bench striker for Benfica so must be rubbish and why he came to us right? Or Moutinho and Patricio, sure they were Portuguese nationals but have only signed for newly promoted Wolves…

We must remember that Fulham have Marco Silva, they have a some Mendes pull too (Although not as much as us granted). Palhinha is perfectly suited to the premier league and would help Lage play the way HE wants. At a reported fee of £17m we should be paying it straight away, especially when you consider we’ll be putting down £14m in a couple weeks to make Hwang’s loan permanent.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That is an important perspective. Wolves are operating around the limits on losses of the UEFA FFP, which is pretty much what should be expected.

This, in general, means that once a club like Wolves becomes established in the Premier, with Premier level wages, then restructuring the squad requires movement of players out of the club to facilitate space on the salary account for new players. This is then one of the main arts required of senior management to enable that process as smoothly as possible, without endangering the strength of the squad overall.

So, for example, the departure of Ruddy, Saiss and Marcal, all very good and reliable experienced players, opens up space for new players to come in. But a fuller restructuring will require more player trading, such as Hoever, Adama it seems and possibly Dendonker and others. Teams can easily lose leverage if they buy players before others are sold or have moved on. Hence the logjam of signings at this particular stage of the close season, as almost everyone waits for someone else to make a move, or make a mistake.

It is a ridiculous way of handling such a central matter to the fortunes of a large football club, of course.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From the journalist that broke it last night.

‘Palhinha intends to decide by Friday whether or not to accept the proposal to strengthen Fulham. Clube de Marco Silva offers about 20 M to Sporting. Wolverhampton remains interested, but has not yet made concrete progress in the negotiation’

So we aren’t even matching it now.

The only way he joins us is if he turns them down on the HOPE we go for him.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I completely consider I could be wrong.

In fact, everything I say is much more committed than you in terms of ‘could be wrong’. I remember getting pelters at the time saying there’s no way Botman would join, just as the rumour came out. So I would’ve been wrong if he joined!

In this instance, I’ll be wrong in many ways. If we keep Neves, sign Nunes, sign Palhinha straight away (I don’t mean all three, just individually). I WANT to be wrong so I certainly consider I could be.

How could you be? You’re not actually saying much other than hedging bets and even if it’s a disaster you won’t say it is (see January window).
You over exaggerate, see the worst every time and believe tweeter rumours ahead of respected journalists.
I deal in facts, realism and common sense.
The accounts say we have money available, that’s a fact.
Romano and Richards, plus the express and star all confirm we are in for Palinha. I’d take that as a fact. The moment another club even bids for him, that’s it hes going there!!!
If he chooses a Fulham over us I’d question his mentality and how much we wanted him.

The player is currently on holiday, this is also a fact. He’s had a long season and been on international duty so probably deserves that!!

Common sense will be that he signs in the next couple of weeks whoever that may be for.

All reports with Botman and Sanches from again respected journalist show there was certainly a lot of truth there. You however choose to believe whatever you want from no marks on Twitter.

You are a walking contradiction!

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Worth noting that Fulham have also managed to get a major new stand, with huge planning, engineering and financial challenges, accomplished.

The Premier league is particularly unforgiving of lack of ambition and momentuum.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You over exaggerate, see the worst every time and believe tweeter rumours ahead of respected journalists.
I deal in facts, realism and common sense.
The accounts say we have money available, that’s a fact.
Romano and Richards, plus the express and star all confirm we are in for Palinha. I’d take that as a fact. The moment another club even bids for him, that’s it hes going there!!!
If he chooses a Fulham over us I’d question his mentality and how much we wanted him.

The player is currently on holiday, this is also a fact. He’s had a long season and been on international duty so probably deserves that!!

Common sense will be that he signs in the next couple of weeks.

All reports with Botman and Sanches from again respected journalist show there was certainly a lot of truth there. You however choose to believe whatever you want from no marks on Twitter.

You are a walking contradiction!

Deals can happen whilst a player is on holiday

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From the journalist that broke it last night.

‘Palhinha intends to decide by Friday whether or not to accept the proposal to strengthen Fulham. Clube de Marco Silva offers about 20 M to Sporting. Wolverhampton remains interested, but has not yet made concrete progress in the negotiation’

So we aren’t even matching it now.

The only way he joins us is if he turns them down on the HOPE we go for him.
So he's giving us time to fetch our finger out but we wont because neves is still here

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Admittedly I haven't seen much of him but Ive liked the little I've seen of Palhinha. I'd be disappointed if we didn't go for him (assuming Neves leaves)

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Players I think they could want to move on from

Older players
Mauro Icardi
Georginio Wijnaldum
Layvin Kurzawa
Abdou Diallo
Julian Draxler
Idrissa Gueye
Rafinha
Pablo Sarabia

Youngsters
Éric Junior Dina Ebimbe
Timothée Pembélé
Arnaud Kalimuendo
W
Players I think they could want to move on from

Older players
Mauro Icardi
Georginio Wijnaldum
Layvin Kurzawa
Abdou Diallo
Julian Draxler
Idrissa Gueye
Rafinha
Pablo Sarabia

Youngsters
Éric Junior Dina Ebimbe
Timothée Pembélé
Arnaud Kalimuendo
Wijnaldum would be perfect for us

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I was Bruno I would be walking before the first pre season fixture if these transfers aren’t sorted

Pre season will come with our new signings be the return of loan players.

I hope lage is sat back going ha no need to panic i have got these lined up boys.

I do have this image, of him head in hands. phoning scott shouting down the phone.

T

TheConcourse

Do we even want Palhinha?

If Neves stays we’ll have Moutinho, Neves, Donk and Palhinha. They’re all the same.

In an ideal world Neves stays, Moutinho stays, Donk goes and we sign a Nunes.

If we can do that business and add a CB then I’d be very happy. If we added a forward player I’d be buzzing.

We don’t need that much here, but the signing of Palhinha makes little sense right now until Neves leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom