Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
I wish I shared your confidence that "Wolves can thrash out an upgraded deal... with a reasonable buy-out clause attached". Our track record with Traore suggests otherwise.

If Neves stays his value will most likely go down, and we won't have any money to improve the team.

Do you really think Jiminez, Silva and Hwang will suddenly start scoring goals?
A good point. I guess Traore valued himself more what Wolves figured him to be worth. Therefore a deal could not be reached. No idea if that contract is even still on the table. As has been said he is a luxury player and probably one not conducive to the way we want to play anyway. Neves is another story though, I’d hope they will be doing anything they can to retain his signature.

You read my post, in my eyes we have at least 20m sitting there for a CM And the rest to be spent on a CB can be recouped from sales of Donk, Coady, Traore.
Bring the others in on loan

It would be nice! But a change of shape and tactics may help. A fully fit Neto. Fresh competition.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oohh, not for me.

I was so confident going into that season.

We had signed a genuine top Centre Back and turned out star loanee into a full time deal.

In spite of the final day madness, we were on a good run of form from the previous season and had finally seen signs that Doyle and Fletcher would work together

I was in no way surprised that we got 7 points from 9 and expected us to be around 10th.

How wrong I was.
Oh man I wish I had that, I was like, is this all the business we are going to do?! We surely can't keep battling like this forever.... and well...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did they break the rules though, was th document carefully drafted so as not to cover all loopholes.

Document Title: The common factor in most Pre-Contract Documents are that their titles imply there may not be an “intention to create legal relations” at the time they are signed, rather their purpose is to state the “intent” or “understanding” of the parties. They are usually intended as a non-binding record of the terms that may have been agreed in principle prior to finalising the contract.

Document Content: There is no rule that a Pre-Contract Document’s title prevents it from being a legally enforceable contract. Therefore the interpretation of the wording in the body of the Pre-Contract Document will also be a key factor in determining whether it is intended to have legal effect. Consideration would need to be made as to whether all elements of a legally enforceable contract are present, i.e. offer, acceptance, consideration, etc. If all elements are present the Pre-Contract Document may be considered legally binding despite its title suggesting otherwise.

In order to rebut the presumption that a Pre-Contract Document is intended to create a legally binding effect the parties would need to produce clear evidence that the Pre-Contract Document is not intended to create a legal relationship. However, the parties may need or want some elements of a Pre-Contract Document to be binding, such as obligations of confidentiality, allocation of costs for negotiations/document preparation, etc. If this is the case, the Pre-Contract Document needs to be clear on what is and what is not intended to have legal effect. A carefully drafted Pre-Contract Document can achieve this as well as satisfying the need to clarify the position of the parties before a final contract is signed.

Finally, and on a more commercial note, where a carefully drafted Pre-Contract Document does not create legally binding obligations there is still a practical risk that once signed it may be difficult, practically or morally, to re-negotiate any terms if during final contract negotiations an issue arises that may not have been considered at the outset.
That may cover all of the UK bases. What law (Brazilian? Swiss?) would be applicable in this case though? Are there any other wrinkles?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wish I shared your confidence that "Wolves can thrash out an upgraded deal... with a reasonable buy-out clause attached". Our track record with Traore suggests otherwise.

If Neves stays his value will most likely go down, and we won't have any money to improve the team.

If he stays, Neves is worth a new contract.

If no one will meet our valuation, extend his contract to protect his value, make him our best paid player and put a release clause in.

A lot of people are against release clauses, but they can sometimes work to your advantage as if any club shows an interest, you just refer them back to the release clause. Similar to the approach Porto are now taking with Vitinha.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because Fulham have actually put the money up rather than a vague promise of it from us.
They are in pole position because money talks, and they may have offered him better terms than we have, who knows.
Hah, you know, weirdly, wouldn't be much a surprise if they're able to offer better terms as well.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think this about the partnerships between the players is spot on. Looking back, Doc did a great job of working with Traore. Arguably the best any player has achieved at working with him. Think Doc is a smart footballer , used his understanding to compensate for not being the most gifted technically.

Also, Jonny and Jota had a great understanding that brought out the best in each. Add in the link between Jota and Raul at that time and you can see why what worked 3 years ago just doesn't work now.

Neto and RaN have good techique, however haven't yet got that understanding of working with the team. I think this may be a lot of the problem with Hwang, too. They too often look like they don't really know what they are supposed to be doing, so end up either wasting possession or stopping and playing the safe but pointless pass back. Not helped by lack of movement and support. Disappointing that after a whole season of apparently mostly practicing attacking, it still seems to depend on individual brilliance or defensive mistake to get our chances. Defensively, until the run in, you could see that team understanding was there. But not there anywhere else on the pitch.

We had two fullbacks who were both two footed, Doherty and Jonny both comfortable either side I think.

Meant more possibilities, whereas Ran and Semedo want to get down the outside more and we have less threat in the box and in the air than we did, hence Lage wanting Seferovic.

In my thoughts anyway.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hah, you know, weirdly, wouldn't be much a surprise if they're able to offer better terms as well.

It's not that weird. Generally, newly promoted sides have a much lower overall wage bill, so have more wiggle room.

Over the next few years, there's a new FFP rule coming in to say your entire spend on transfer fees and wages can't exceed 70% of your turnover. We are already at 71% just for wages. And that's relatively good for the Premier League. 8 clubs ahead of our 71% for wages to turnover. If you're maxed out on wages already, selling to buy becomes the only option.

Based on that model, a newly promoted side, with a relatively low wage bill and a massively increased turnover from PL revenue would be able to offer more in terms of both fee and wages.

We're not quite there yet, as the new rule is being phased in, but the principles still apply currently.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s also called not seeing what’s right in front of you.

As I said in the previous post the fact you even suggested we could keep Neves and sign Nunes says to me you don’t understand what’s going on here, IMO.
In your opinion buddy!!!
I was playing devils advocate clearly, but you know as little as I do!
Romano has confirmed their interest and several Portuguese outlets saying he’s going there.

So, yes, I should’ve said most not all.
have they said he’s going there? Or that they are interested?

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A good point. I guess Traore valued himself more what Wolves figured him to be worth. Therefore a deal could not be reached. No idea if that contract is even still on the table. As has been said he is a luxury player and probably one not conducive to the way we want to play anyway. Neves is another story though, I’d hope they will be doing anything they can to retain his signature.

You read my post, in my eyes we have at least 20m sitting there for a CM And the rest to be spent on a CB can be recouped from sales of Donk, Coady, Traore.
Bring the others in on loan

It would be nice! But a change of shape and tactics may help. A fully fit Neto. Fresh competition.
Neves is a different player and I dont think he would run down his contract, but I get the feeling he wanted to leave last year and was persuaded to stay.

You are right, we should have some money to spend, not much though because Fosun investment has dried up. I hope it is spent wisely.

Seferovic is a cheap option up front (and a good choice in my view) but we need to strengthen in midfield and central defence.

Maybe we can get a loan player or two. But if that's the strategy these deals will be done late in the window.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pedro Sepúlveda

@pedromsepulveda
· 10m
Exclusivo. @Sporting_CP recebeu uma proposta do @FulhamFC de 18 M€ por João Palhinha. Frederico Varandas considera o valor aceitável e deixa a decisão nas mãos do jogador. #Fulham oferece um contrato de 5 anos. @Wolves também está interessado no médio do #SportingCP

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You mean Bruno, who hasn’t had one signing made for him since he joined - and has been forced to give hwang game time so we get views in Korea?

I wish he had more bottle and played more attacking but he’s trying to do the best with the resources available
Yet again the totally unproven BS re Hwang? You keep saying that crap - PROVE IT!

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pedro Sepúlveda

@pedromsepulveda
· 10m
Exclusivo. @Sporting_CP recebeu uma proposta do @FulhamFC de 18 M€ por João Palhinha. Frederico Varandas considera o valor aceitável e deixa a decisão nas mãos do jogador. #Fulham oferece um contrato de 5 anos. @Wolves também está interessado no médio do #SportingCP
My Portuguese isn't that great now. What's it hinting at?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm pretty much a half glass full when it comes to Wolves and appreciate what Fosun have done since they have come in (best Wolves side in my life time) and fingers crossed they get things right this transfer window but the noise and mood out of the club so far I'm sorry doesn't look good maybe that's me overthinking but something doesn't seem right at the moment..

The last couple of transfer windows have been underwhelming even if some more positive fans try and deny it on here and unfortunately that is where a lot of the concerns come this summer as a lot of people see it going the same way.. Lage himself said he wanted people through the doors for pre season while I know that is not always possible if it is true we are waiting for the money for Neves first then we will have no one in for a while yet...

Like I said hope I'm wrong and will hold my hands up if I am but I feel I have the right to be concerned at the moment if that makes me a pant wetter that some like to throw out there rather than actually give a reasoned response so be it...
That's balanced and not wildly far away from where l am.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My Portuguese isn't that great now. What's it hinting at?
Exclusive. @Sporting_CP received a proposal from @FulhamFC of 18 M€ by João Palhinha. Frederico Varandas considers the value acceptable and leaves the decision in the player's hands. #Fulham offers a 5 year contract. @Wolves is also interested in the #SportingCP midfielder

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Palhinha going to Fulham, Nunes to Everton. Wolves in talks to resign Eggy Jonsson and giving Mark Fotheringham a trial.

There is no way Everton can spend any money until they sell players.

We choose to sell before we buy, Everton have no choice.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
honestly if we stuff up palhinha, whether neves goes or not, then i give up
Just pay them what they want and, agree favourable terms with Palhinha .
Explain to him that Fulham will probably return to Championship pdq.
Tin Pot Club. Tin Pot Ground, Tin Pot supporters who only appear when they doing well.

Get it done Jeff, you know it makes sense!!
Stop FAFFING about you demics!!!
Give the LOYAL SUPPORTERS something to crow about.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t help but think that if we’re letting him go to Fulham, we’ve something bigger and better up our sleeves.

I clearly doubt that...
Palhinha seemed to be our main target. If we dont get him, then we move to next person on the shortlist...
We're arent really letting Fulham have him. We're losing out, because we've somehow decided to once again sit our hands until its too late.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
we made a profitof 21m last year, compared to other clubs who struggled.

Do fosun want to inject zero cash into the business?

Im so shocked about this all, if palinha was a big target why let him go to fulham.

Only saving grace is if neves signs a new contract, but we still need to buy players, and supposingly we are a sell to buy club.

Where are we going to get money from ?

25m from Traore, Cutrone and Vinagre - that barely covers Hwang

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score

I'm not sure i would say i'm full of confidence, but feel they are different situations. Anything we offer Ruben is going to be better than he is currently on and i imagine we are more inclined to offer him a better deal than Adama, and i don't think a release clause is a bad idea. We can only sell to someone who is interested, and we would need it to be a reasonable offer. And i like to think that Ruben knows that if a good offer came in and he wanted to go he would be allowed to go.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now Campos is at PSG we might get linked with a few of their cast offs.
Players I think they could want to move on from

Older players
Mauro Icardi
Georginio Wijnaldum
Layvin Kurzawa
Abdou Diallo
Julian Draxler
Idrissa Gueye
Rafinha
Pablo Sarabia

Youngsters
Éric Junior Dina Ebimbe
Timothée Pembélé
Arnaud Kalimuendo

westside wolf

Reaction score
I can’t help but think that if we’re letting him go to Fulham, we’ve something bigger and better up our sleeves.

or possibly Sporting are resigned to him leaving and want to get it done asap so they can sign a replacement, but we can't sign him until Neves goes, and we're not entirely sure if he will go or not.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exclusive. @Sporting_CP received a proposal from @FulhamFC of 18 M€ by João Palhinha. Frederico Varandas considers the value acceptable and leaves the decision in the player's hands. #Fulham offers a 5 year contract. @Wolves is also interested in the #SportingCP midfielder
From the most reliable journalist in Portugal as well that

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is no way Everton can spend any money until they sell players.

We choose to sell before we buy, Everton have no choice.
I thought the mention of Egbert Jonson was a huge flag that the post wasn’t to be taken seriously. Well I bloody hope not!!!!

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Well it covers us from Silva not being good enough yet and Raul not being the old Raul.

I think a front two of Raul and Icardi could work well, both like a flick, while Raul wants to go deeper and get on the ball Icardi wants to pull away from the play and find space.

Last edited:

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Players I think they could want to move on from

Older players
Mauro Icardi - £157,000
Georginio Wijnaldum - £180,000
Layvin Kurzawa - £89,000
Abdou Diallo - £92,000
Julian Draxler - £59,000
Idrissa Gueye - £99,000
Rafinha - £67,000
Pablo Sarabia - £88,000

Youngsters
Éric Junior Dina Ebimbe
Timothée Pembélé
Arnaud Kalimuendo

The youngsters maybe, but the first teamers are on too high a wage for us I think (added above).

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
or possibly Sporting are resigned to him leaving and want to get it done asap so they can sign a replacement, but we can't sign him until Neves goes, and we're not entirely sure if he will go or not.
They owe us money for vinagre, plus the mendes factor, it should be an open and shut case.

20 minute job.

Palinha - gets to play with potugeese international team mates here, at a team who have got top 7 in the last 4 years twice.

Compared to a relgated and newly promoted side.

The only thing i can think off is that neves is warming to staying, as barcelona/united have told mendes hes not a priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom