Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh without doubt I don't disagree at all...just have a very bad feeling we've been playing with fire for a while now and the lack of squad depth will eventually catch us out.
Tbf, I don't think you're too far wrong. I've said for a while that Fosun need a relegation battle to wake them out of their arrogant stupor.

I don't think it will happen this year. But it WILL happen if our goal is just to tread water. It always always does. Jeff is better at business than me but I know more about football than him. Every single premier League team (without exception) whose goal is to sneak into top half and continue reaping the PL riches has at some point been relegated

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My main worry isn't actually the squad depth (we do need more though imo) but the complete lack of goals in our side...
That's my worry too. We are very safe in possession and have absolutely no unpredictability apart from when Podence is on it (or Adama is having his 1/20 game).

I'd be doing everything I could to find an attacking midfielder with genuine flair and a goalscorer. I like Fabio Silva - fee aside. But he scored 0 goals last season. We can't just continue to rely on him coming good

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I
We shouldn’t miss out on him.

He’s a player we want, a player we need and all signs now point to him going to Fulham (a bola reporting it too).

You’re clearly in denial when you say things like ‘if we keep Neves & sign Nunes’. There’s zero chance of that happening. Zero.

That’s why I say missing out on Palhinha might wake people up. There should be real concern at the way we’re heading but a percentage of our fans are too determined to mock others instead of realising it.
But are the reports that he is going to Fulham or that they have put a bid in? I don’t know what that headline translates as

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rumours, start falling through and other clubs linked with supposingly our targets..

Even worse from reputable sources like romano.

Seen about 4 pages go on in an hour.

Although i do worry i will get to meltdown stage, if we sell ruben late august and sign nobody.

Until keiffer moore on deadline day.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A big thing Spurs fans like to moan about is that Daniel Levy becomes so concerned with maximising profits off sales, dragging them out till the very last moment, that they often miss out on signings. I really hope this isn't going to be the case with Shi and Neves.

Yes it's good to get value for sales, but not at the expense of the wider project.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A big thing Spurs fans like to moan about is that Daniel Levy becomes so concerned with maximising profits off sales, dragging them out till the very last moment, that they often miss out on signings. I really hope this isn't the case with Shi and Neves.

Yes it's good to get value for sales, but not at the expense of the wider project.
100%

CologneWolf

Reaction score
I will savd any annoyance until something actually happens to get annoyed about or the time comes and nothing positive has happened.

I've always had the feeling that Palhinha is the option to replace Neves and other than that he is not wanted by us.

There are a lot of if's being banded about and no-one really knows anything.

I don't particularly believe we are skint, i just think we have to be careful how we spend, and i appreciate the Neves situatiin complicates it, bit i see it as deals we can do if he stays and deals we can do if he goes.

Not seen anything of Palhinha, only know the clamour on here for him. If we are competing with Fulham for his signature is he really that good?

My main concern is if Neves stays and doesn't sign a contract and my preference is he stsys and does. Maybe that will limit other spending, but that's my feeling.

The crucial thing is raising money from players we don't want or can do without. That to me is when self sustaining is working. We should have money from Vinagre and focus on the likes of Cutrone, Hoever, Donk, Adama and any youngsters we don't have plans for.

We have also done well out of loan to buy deals, so there is business that can be done without immediate expenditure.

I am finding it frustrating, but will wait and see, and then react
This is a long ******* of a post. Good luck.

Your post echoes my thoughts.

Neves will stay and obviously it would be a concern if he did not sign a new deal. But I’d be confident Wolves can thrash out an upgraded deal probably with a reasonable buy-out clause attached to entice him to sign. If he signs he is assuming all the risk though, because it’s entirely possible no one wants him in 12 months. So that’s his decision to make.

As for the rest of the midfield, per reports a few days ago. It is now looking likely moutinho will sign an extension. Then I’d say we will be looking to move Donk on.

So we need to bring in 2 midfielders this window with one eye on the following season. Let’s just say it is Palhina for ****s and giggs and the other is brought in on loan with an option to buy.

22/23
Neves - Palhinha - Moutinho -Player X(on loan)

If the loan works out that’s great take up the option. We can sell Neves next summer to fund his own replacement. Moutinho is released but more importantly Palhinha and Player X have already been in the league for a season. Get the 4th midfielder in on loan with an option to buy.

23/24
Player Y(Neves replacement) - Palinha - Player X - Player Z(on loan)

Of course in this scenario there are many variables, most obvious being that the loan may not work. Palhinha might be a dud for us. But I think some sort of plan like this needs to be realised to refresh the squad over 12 months instead of in just one window.

All dependant on the Neves storyline however. Really think he will be here when the window is closed.
————————————————

No point buying a forward outright. We will be wise to use the loan with option tactic again. We got stung with Cutrone as an example of what happens when we get it wrong. Willian Jose thank God if he or she does exist, we were lucky enough to be able to send back. Probably Trincao too.
————————————————
CB would most likely need come in on a permanent. What are we looking for? Someone who can defend one on one, pace, physical presence, comfortable in possession and equally as comfortable as the central CB in a 3 or in a conventional back 4. The younger the better... Not going to be cheap to get all of that in one package and a target of that description would probably have other suitors. In any case where will the money come from?

Let’s estimate Coady, Donk and Traore all at £12m +Vinagre’s £10m. Then we have got £46m to go out an find a CB on the assumption we already have £20m in the kitty to afford the Palhina fee.

Probably also need a signing similar to the Marcal deal, cheap and experienced as a stop gap solution to compete with Boly, Gomes, Mosquera for a role as the 3rd CB in a 3 alongside Kilman and the New arrival.
———————————————
There you have it we only should have to buy 2 players and get 2 in on loan and the squad is good to go. Although another cheap rotational defender wouldn’t go amiss. It’s not too much of a stretch.

Will it happen?

I don’t know.

Will I vent and be frustrated and disappointed if it doesn’t?

Nah. As @VancouverWolf mentioned we have no control over it so it’s not worth the energy to worry over such things. It’s not good for one’s mental health.

Neves is staying guys and gals.

Last edited:

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any concern I have will be at the end of the transfer window, not now.
It’s called being reasonable and considerate.
It’s also called not seeing what’s right in front of you.

As I said in the previous post the fact you even suggested we could keep Neves and sign Nunes says to me you don’t understand what’s going on here, IMO.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The likely consequence of making a pig's ear of this transfer window (as we have largely of the past few) is a relegation scrap. The last 15 games of 21/22 season was relegation form and personally I have little confidence in things being much better this time round.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's funny how things escalate as journalists up the anti when they see a report. A little bit of embellishment and exaggeration on the facts. Then alter the meaning a little to fit the story you want to write. As each journalist does this their is a domino effect until all the original meaning from the source is lost completely.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A bunch of rumours that everybody is ****ting themselves over.
Exactly. Mostly generated by 'clickbait' sites run by kids straight out of college who are regurgitating stuff from other sites because they know how to use Instagram, Twitter, FB etc etc. But they call themselves 'journalists'...

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a long ******* of a post. Good luck.

Your post echoes my thoughts.

Neves will stay and obviously it would be a concern if he did not sign a new deal. But I’d be confident Wolves can thrash out an upgraded deal probably with a reasonable buy-out clause attached to entice him to sign. If he signs he is assuming all the risk though, because it’s entirely possible no one wants him in 12 months. So that’s his decision to make.

As for the rest of the midfield, per reports a few days ago. It is now looking likely moutinho will sign an extension. Then I’d say we will be looking to move Donk on.

So we need to bring in 2 midfielders this window with one eye on the following season. Let’s just say it is Palhina for ****s and giggs and the other is brought in on loan with an option to buy.

22/23
Neves - Palhinha - Moutinho -Player X(on loan)

If the loan works out that’s great take up the option. We can sell Neves next summer to fund his own replacement. Moutinho is released but more importantly Palhinha and Player X have already been in the league for a season. Get the 4th midfielder in on loan with an option to buy.

23/24
Player Y(Neves replacement) - Palinha - Player X - Player Z(on loan)

Of course in this scenario there are many variables, most obvious being that the loan may not work. Palhinha might be a dud for us. But I think some sort of plan like this needs to be realised to refresh the squad over 12 months instead of in just one window.

All dependant on the Neves storyline however. Really think he will be here when the window is closed.
————————————————

No point buying a forward outright. We will be wise to use the loan with option tactic again. We got stung with Cutrone as an example of what happens when we get it wrong. Willian Jose thank God if he or she does exist, we were lucky enough to be able to send back. Probably Trincao too.
————————————————
CB would most likely need come in on a permanent. What are we looking for? Someone who can defend one on one, pace, physical presence, comfortable in possession and equally as comfortable as the central CB in a 3 or in a conventional back 4. The younger the better... Not going to be cheap to get all of that in one package and a target of that description would probably have other suitors. In any case where will the money come from?

Let’s estimate Coady, Donk and Traore all at £12m +Vinagre’s £10m. Then we have got £46m to go out an find a CB on the assumption we already have £20m in the kitty to afford the Palhina fee.

Probably also need a signing similar to the Marcal deal, cheap and experienced as a stop gap solution to compete with Boly, Gomes, Mosquera for a role as the 3rd CB in a 3 alongside Kilman and the New arrival.
———————————————
There you have it we only should have to buy 2 players and get 2 in on loan and the squad is good to go. Although another cheap rotational defender wouldn’t go amiss. It’s not too much of a stretch.

Will it happen?

I don’t know.

Will I vent and be frustrated and disappointed if it doesn’t?

Nah. As @VancouverWolf mentioned we have no control over it so it’s not worth the energy to worry over such things. It’s not good for one’s mental health.

Neves is staying guys and gals.
I wish I shared your confidence that "Wolves can thrash out an upgraded deal... with a reasonable buy-out clause attached". Our track record with Traore suggests otherwise.

If Neves stays his value will most likely go down, and we won't have any money to improve the team.

Do you really think Jiminez, Silva and Hwang will suddenly start scoring goals?

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There is something here saying that PSG are trying to get Mendes to move Mauro Icardi to Wolves.. :D

Signing a parasite would go well with some of the parasites in higher management at the club

JuliusCaesar

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Mauro Icardi.

If Wolves think I'm going to tolerate saying goodbye to one of the most dedicated, humble, honest, family orientated footballers without a single blemish on his record to bring in a gold-plated nutcase with a charge sheet that runs in to the 100's of pages...

they're absolutely goddamn right.

Sa
Semedo Kilman Inacio Jonny
Adama Nunes Palinha Neto
Icardi Raul

Make it happen.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mauro Icardi.

If Wolves think I'm going to tolerate saying goodbye to one of the most dedicated, humble, honest, family orientated footballers without a single blemish on his record to bring in a gold-plated nutcase with a charge sheet that runs in to the 100's of pages...

they're absolutely goddamn right.

Sa
Semedo Kilman Inacio Jonny
Adama Nunes Palinha Neto
Icardi Raul

Make it happen.

Lose palinha, sign icardi as much as icardi fantastic, id still be ****ed without a central midfield of premier standard

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you really think Jiminez, Silva and Hwang will suddenly start scoring goals?

This isn't really about the players themselves, it's about us functioning as an attacking unit.

When we did function going forward, Raul scored 44 goals in 99 games across 2 seasons.

Even last season, post-injury, he was our top scorer. Even Hwang scored 5!

If we can fix what's bost in terms of going forward, all 3 of those players can and will score goals.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There is something here saying that PSG are trying to get Mendes to move Mauro Icardi to Wolves.. :D

Icardi onloan in a deal that takes Neves to PSG for a big sum. Allowing us to bring in players and with Icardi we have cover upfront. Sign me up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom