Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I followed the plane touching down with Ait-Nouri on it before he signed because everyone knew it was happening! This idea that they are doing business behind closed doors is laughable.

Speak to non-Wolves fans and they all know we are skint because Jeff has told the world!

Well done you - but I think the vast majority of Wolves fans would say that the majority of our transfers don't get known about until a day or two before they happen. By the time anyone's on a plane, the deal is already effectively done.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fulham has now met the full fee for Palhinha as Sporting won't wait for Wolves to make their mind up, blimey that's not like us is it.

newsstand.png

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe if we miss out on Palhinha it might wake a few people up.
If we don’t miss out on him, what does that mean?
If we “miss out” on him, but kept Neves orn signed Nunes, what does that mean?

There’s nothing to wake up from, yet.
All I see is a load of spoilt kids throwing their toys out the pram.

Now isn’t the time to **** your pants. That’s august!!!

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Panic peddlers of the world unite!

Just been on the Fulham forum and they're whining too.
'Why would Palhinha join a guaranteed relegation battle'
'We could win the Champions League and you'd still complain'

We are a miserable lot us football fans!

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Panic peddlers of the world unite!

Just been on the Fulham forum and they're whining too.
'Why would Palhinha join a guaranteed relegation battle'
'We could win the Champions League and you'd still complain'

We are a miserable lot us football fans!
Maybe I just don’t take it as seriously as I used to, I dunno. Palinha is on a well earned holiday. There’s nothing else to report because he probably wants a break!

Well respected journalists have told us this, and another club is chancing their arm.
If he signs for a Fulham I would wager we keep Neves or sign better.

We have money, we just spent it differently to villa who some still revere.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We shouldn’t miss out on him.

He’s a player we want, a player we need and all signs now point to him going to Fulham (a bola reporting it too).

You’re clearly in denial when you say things like ‘if we keep Neves & sign Nunes’. There’s zero chance of that happening. Zero.

That’s why I say missing out on Palhinha might wake people up. There should be real concern at the way we’re heading but a percentage of our fans are too determined to mock others instead of realising it.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Each to their own mate. You're in exactly the right place if you want to dampen one's underwear
My underwear is suitably dry, like a few on here I have mates who play prem and championship footy and they have said people were speaking to them about their futures and possible options about 12-16 weeks ago.

It is worrying that nothing seem close to fruition and hinges On a sale when we are a premiership club.

Not saying smash a load up front on 3x£30m players, but to draw out the cut price demands for Paulinha is bordering on insane!

If we haven’t got the ability to pay 20m and wait a few weeks for the £50m+ for Ruben’s sale, then fosun need to stop dicking around wasting money in fashion withe the Chinese megastore and music. However i can see the benefit financially from e-sports as their are some big bucks to be made, so that is a clever decision!

Without a good squad, we could be in trouble. I still think we won’t go down but damage could be done to “the brand” for marketing and appeal to join for players and that will make us more susceptible to relegation woes in a year or two.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe I just don’t take it as seriously as I used to, I dunno. Palinha is on a well earned holiday. There’s nothing else to report because he probably wants a break!

Well respected journalists have told us this, and another club is chancing their arm.
If he signs for a Fulham I would wager we keep Neves or sign better.

We have money, we just spent it differently to villa who some still revere.
Yeah, I'm with you.

I used to live and breathe Wolves transfers. I'm a bit too old in the tooth now though. Qué Sera Sera.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This has the same feeling of Mick's final season.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He’s a player we want, a player we need and all signs now point to him going to Fulham (a bola reporting it too).

You’re clearly in denial when you say things like ‘if we keep Neves & sign Nunes’. There’s zero chance of that happening. Zero.

That’s why I say missing out on Palhinha might wake people up. There should be real concern at the way we’re heading but a percentage of our fans are too determined to mock others instead of realising it.
Great points mate!

The club is in real danger of sleep walking into a relegation battle in the next few seasons we shouldn’t be anywhere near if Jeff doesn’t wake up and realise the premier league means investment ontop of revenue generated from player sales.

The real question is where is the sanches and Botman money from Jan??? It is a real mystery as a slice of those funds could have tied paulinha up already. But they appear to have evaporated if they were even real at all and not propaganda rumours spread by the club to make it look like they might invest due to how frustrated we are with their lack of action when Europe was litterally a few purchases of those two lads away!

I guarantee their “brand” would have gotten more Money and exposure to those crucial international fans that is mere 200k local peasants can’t offer them lol

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shambles however I didn't expect anything less.

I'm pretty confident we will be fighting a relegation battle.
As confident as you were last season?
Or when you said we would go down after we lost to Albion?
All these 'tick tock' comments remind me of the phrase about the broken clock

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm dreading him going to Fulham. Not because I'd be massively disappointed, but I'm imagining the combination of the 'Fulham doing bits' and 'Wolves not doing bits' posts combining.

Terrifying stuff.
Don’t worry. As soon as he goes to Fulham many posters will be telling us he’s not that good anyway.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This has the same feeling of Mick's final season.
Oohh, not for me.

I was so confident going into that season.

We had signed a genuine top Centre Back and turned out star loanee into a full time deal.

In spite of the final day madness, we were on a good run of form from the previous season and had finally seen signs that Doyle and Fletcher would work together

I was in no way surprised that we got 7 points from 9 and expected us to be around 10th.

How wrong I was.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t worry. As soon as he goes to Fulham many posters will be telling us he’s not that good anyway.
I think he's a very good player. I've seen him play twice and I was very impressed both times. I'll be disappointed if we lose Neves and choose not to bring him in. For the money they're asking, it seems very fair.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And then the usual suspects will be telling us it's okay because the small squad gives us first team harmony - some 16yo from the academy can fill in when a midfielder is injured or one of the midfielders are filling in for the defenders etc etc etc

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

All signs now point to him going to Fulham.

This is completely and utterly made up.How do you get away with this ?!26B19332-E7EA-4CA8-81B0-8F06ACE1BF4A.jpeg

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Any concern I have will be at the end of the transfer window, not now.
It’s called being reasonable and considerate.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm pretty confident we will be fighting a relegation battle.
We know. You always are.

Disgusted by it and can't see anything going but a relegation battle.
August last year.

Makes sense to do just that as it will pretty much put us into a relegation scrap with the limited options we have.
February the previous year

I think we've accepted relegation and are looking at a full rebuild next season.

I simply can't see this current squad getting us out of this mess as the pressure hasn't even started yet we look broken
February the last Nuno year

And with a bad run of injuries and lack of confidence losses bring you put us in a relegation battle
The summer after our first season back in the PL.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any concern I have will be at the end of the transfer window, not now.
It’s called being reasonable and considerate.
Likewise.

Only problem is I said that last year and they were trying to bundle Kieffer Moore into a trolley at 10:50pm

Last year's window was poor and no amount of spin will persuade me otherwise. The fact that the club tried so hard with the spin convinced me it was a bad window.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep I'm more confident this time though

More confident than this last year?

Because people could be forgiven for thinking you're just blindly pessimistic, rather than making intelligent, well considered predictions.

With the current squad I expect relegation , anything else would be a bonus we have gone backwards whilst other teams have improved.
Aug 21

The writing was on the wall for this last season , so I totally agree unless we get some proper quality players in over the next 3 weeks (3 to 4) then I would say we have pretty much sealed our relegation...oddly enough I think in this scenario Nuno would be a far safer pair of hands than Lage.
Aug 21

Still, at least you must be delighted that the season turned out so much better than you feared, so I imagine you're happily revelling in our unexpected success?

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh without doubt I don't disagree at all...just have a very bad feeling we've been playing with fire for a while now and the lack of squad depth will eventually catch us out.
My main worry isn't actually the squad depth (we do need more though imo) but the complete lack of goals in our side...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom