Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly.

but it’s a shambles…..or a circus…..or Jeff is dropping his pants….or Sellers is a slime ball etc.

No credit or acknowledgment to the club for Mouthino, Neves, Jota, Sa, Patricio, Neto, Podence, Nuno, Jonny, Ran, Semedo, Raul, ………it’s as if Wolves found them under a cabbage.

No credit for trying to get Botman and Sanchez in last year…….none…..only criticism.

Today is 5 days since the window opened. It’s been only 5 days……that’s nothing. It closes Sept 1st.

I bet many an agent is telling his client to slooooooow down.…”let’s see if they will up your wages or another club might be interested. What’s the hurry, over two months to go?”
We’re now on a downward spiral if fulham beat us to palhinha maybe you’re right agents playing games to get something done sooner. Time will tell Iv lost faith in Jeff

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’re now on a downward spiral if fulham beat us to palhinha maybe you’re right agents playing games to get something done sooner. Time will tell Iv lost faith in Jeff
Ok, fair enough but I don’t get why you feel that way.

Best squad we’ve had in decades, many internationals. Top 10 finish, 3 out of 4 PL seasons. Good players brought in nearly every window.
Looking to the future with esports, music and fashion and maybe an IPO.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Best squad we’ve had in decades, many internationals. Top 10 finish, 3 out of 4 PL seasons. Good players brought in nearly every window.

Because people aren’t stupid

We got away with it last season because sa was outrageous. We will be so much weaker without neves and traore.

The midfield and defence HAS to change

We need a minimum of 2 good centre mids to sign and 1 good centre bsck

When was the.last time we signed a good cb or cm? Boly, and moutinho ?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because people aren’t stupid

We got away with it last season because sa was outrageous. We will be so much weaker without neves and traore.

The midfield and defence HAS to change

We need a minimum of 2 good centre mids to sign and 1 good centre bsck

When was the.last time we signed a good cb or cm? Boly, and moutinho ?
You bring up some good points.
My main concern though, going into next season , (which is probably different from every Wolves fan),is Bruno.
I only have about 30% confidence in him.

As for transfers, I’ll just have to wait and see what unfolds. Having being disappointed so many times in the past, I am now older and wiser and have learned not worry about the small stuff I can’t control.
Its not like I have any other options anyway.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Wolves have been working on a £3million deal to sign Slonina for a number of weeks but the Express & Star understands he will now not be making the switch to Molineux.
Instead, the goalkeeper is reportedly due to sign for Chelsea in a deal worth around £8.6million before staying with Chicago Fire on-loan."

Made me laugh.

We were trying to sign him and he goes for nearly 3x the price we were 'trying'. So, we weren't really serious at all, to no one's surprise.
Tight arses. At least the moths will be safe in Shi's pocket

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sure, we did well to recruit top players to get us out of the champ and full credit to the owners for that but we have flatlined as a football team and are going backwards at a fair rate of knots. Our performances, team selections and tactics for the better part of the 2nd half of the season were of relegation standard. We are lost as a team. The owners cannot rely on sustainability until we have sufficient talent both from within and imported to allow this to happen.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The context is key with this Palhinha debacle. I first saw links to him in the first lockdown- two and a half years ago.

We only had three seasoned pros in midfield last year. Shi knew that wasn't enough and pursued Renato in the Summer but failed.

Then in January Traore was sold and it was expected he would be replaced with a midfielder who again never came. It proved costly in the end.

Now we have a chance to sign a guy with different attributes to our current crop and 14 caps for Portugal for £17 million which should be chicken-feed to a global £multi-billion conglomerate or a PL football team.

But through stubbornness, arrogance or simply rubbish management we appear unable to get it over the line. The context is why I am annoyed- they just need to pay the money now. It's getting beyond a joke.

Last edited:

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If we keep Neves I'll cry.
I think its an outside chance though. Neves reaction after the last home game was of someone that knew they were leaving, not someone who might be.
To be fair, that reaction was before a lot of the transfer market movement and positioning.
Things can change quickly and it seems they have.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because other teams have strengthened and shown deals can be done….

Our competition in villa and Newcastle have all made signings to improve their squads.

I dont give a **** about the promoted clubs, we are ahead of them and they are relegation fodder especially Forrest who lose 8 players or something stupid due to loans and stuff.

Look upwards and see that deals are being done.
Each to their own mate. You're in exactly the right place if you want to dampen one's underwear

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do not think its pant wetting. Many are basing their worry on the previous poor performances in the last three transfer windows, Sa excepted. Bruno has , basically , worked with what he was pretty much left by Nuno and the second half of the season showed how stale that group had become and how much we needed improvement in key areas. If highly paid people like Sellars cannot see that then we will be destined for more of the same only the coming season we will have been found out. This squad needs turnover and the first team needs 3 or 4 new faces who , at least collectively, improve the balance of the team. We are currently 7th favourites to go down next season. Thats the worst pre season odds since we were promoted. Bookies are not stupid. They make fortunes and dont often get it dramatically wrong. For me , the current squad wont keep us up. There are not enough goals there and the defence cannot overperform like it did last season for 2/3 of it. I do hope that we see some sensible business soon, especially given the price rises. Raising ticket prices doesnt bring in that much income. Finishing a couple of places higher would have wiped out the increase in reality. But it does hit loyal supporters in their pockets at a time when many can least afford it. To justify increases the squad should look better not worse come the start of the season and time will tell if it does.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do not think its pant wetting. Many are basing their worry on the previous poor performances in the last three transfer windows, Sa excepted. Bruno has , basically , worked with what he was pretty much left by Nuno and the second half of the season showed how stale that group had become and how much we needed improvement in key areas. If highly paid people like Sellars cannot see that then we will be destined for more of the same only the coming season we will have been found out. This squad needs turnover and the first team needs 3 or 4 new faces who , at least collectively, improve the balance of the team. We are currently 7th favourites to go down next season. Thats the worst pre season odds since we were promoted. Bookies are not stupid. They make fortunes and dont often get it dramatically wrong. For me , the current squad wont keep us up. There are not enough goals there and the defence cannot overperform like it did last season for 2/3 of it. I do hope that we see some sensible business soon, especially given the price rises. Raising ticket prices doesnt bring in that much income. Finishing a couple of places higher would have wiped out the increase in reality. But it does hit loyal supporters in their pockets at a time when many can least afford it. To justify increases the squad should look better not worse come the start of the season and time will tell if it does.
Great post

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think its an outside chance though. Neves reaction after the last home game was of someone that knew they were leaving, not someone who might be.
Neves also thought he was leaving last summer!

Things change we all know that, once the Mendes wheel starts to spin, things will move quickly.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We don’t need a back up keeper, Sarkic was player of the season for Blues in the championship! I prefer that to any MLS keeper to be honest, the standard of MLS is less than the championship, I’ve watched a lot of it. I said straight off Almirante would struggle at Newcastle too

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It always amazes me how quickly nomark journalists can be believed!

The only thing I am certain about with regards to Wolves is that no external journos have any certainties about the goings on at Molineux. It's all guesswork. We will talk on here for months, arguing about what journo a has said, and how it contradicts what journo b has said.

And then Wolves will go and announce a Neto and Jordao double deal out of nowhere.

I understand why people get peeved: it's not nice not being in control, and we are very much out of the loop.

But I would strongly suggest putting 0 weighting in what these random Portuguese nomark journalists say. Their hit rate is around the 0 percent mark over the past few years!

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You bring up some good points.
My main concern though, going into next season , (which is probably different from every Wolves fan),is Bruno.
I only have about 30% confidence in him.

As for transfers, I’ll just have to wait and see what unfolds. Having being disappointed so many times in the past, I am now older and wiser and have learned not worry about the small stuff I can’t control.
Its not like I have any other options anyway.

You mean Bruno, who hasn’t had one signing made for him since he joined - and has been forced to give hwang game time so we get views in Korea?

I wish he had more bottle and played more attacking but he’s trying to do the best with the resources available

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed.

It’s not like we haven’t had warnings.

Let’s see what happens but I think we are all best to under promise to ourselves.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It always amazes me how quickly nomark journalists can be believed!

The only thing I am certain about with regards to Wolves is that no external journos have any certainties about the goings on at Molineux. It's all guesswork. We will talk on here for months, arguing about what journo a has said, and how it contradicts what journo b has said.

And then Wolves will go and announce a Neto and Jordao double deal out of nowhere.

I understand why people get peeved: it's not nice not being in control, and we are very much out of the loop.

But I would strongly suggest putting 0 weighting in what these random Portuguese nomark journalists say. Their hit rate is around the 0 percent mark over the past few years!
The problem is this one does actually have credibility.

We will see - but it’s a thread to discuss speculation and ifs and buts . Maybe close the forum until the window is done then we just discuss everything then!!

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do you blame Wolves?…….please gimme one adult reason why you are so sure and adamant it’s their fault.
Well maybe Paulinha hasn’t made his mind up yet. He may be interested but wants more money or maybe other clubs are talking to his agent.
There could be many factors beyond Wolves control for any perceived delay.
After all, the window doesn’t close for ages yet.
Where have you been for the last 3 years worth of transfer windows? Our business has been amateurish at best. Why is it Wolves fault? Well, this is a player we have courted for ages. We are a club that is well known to be needing a rebuild this summer. It is almost a month since the season finished, and we've done absolutely sod all. This deal has been in the pipeline for ages, and we're struggling to get it over the line? Come on... Knowing the rebuild needed, we should've had players ready to go by now - no excuses. I'm not buying the excuses anymore - we've had this rubbish for the last 2 plus years in the transfer market.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it's going to be impossible to get a great price for Neves, get it early and then be able to get all our replacements in after.

We need to spend money before we sell him just incase.

We need a João Palinha before we sell Neves. Not just after!
Seems quite clear they don’t see it that way, and we will be extremely weak in the core of the team - yet again.

Playing with fire and sooner rather than later we will go down once we have bad luck with injuries

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly.

but it’s a shambles…..or a circus…..or Jeff is dropping his pants….or Sellers is a slime ball etc.

No credit or acknowledgment to the club for Mouthino, Neves, Jota, Sa, Patricio, Neto, Podence, Nuno, Jonny, Ran, Semedo, Raul, ………it’s as if Wolves found them under a cabbage.

No credit for trying to get Botman and Sanchez in last year…….none…..only criticism.

Today is 5 days since the window opened. It’s been only 5 days……that’s nothing. It closes Sept 1st.

I bet many an agent is telling his client to slooooooow down.…”let’s see if they will up your wages or another club might be interested. What’s the hurry, over two months to go?”
If we really tried to get Sanches and Botman last year(which I don’t believe for a second we did) where’s the £60 odd million that those two would have cost gone?

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem is this one does actually have credibility.

We will see - but it’s a thread to discuss speculation and ifs and buts . Maybe close the forum until the window is done then we just discuss everything then!!
My understanding is that he's just the usual throw something until it sticks -merchant.

V true on the thread! It's annoying to be so out of the loop, as I love a good rumour! I all but lived on these threads in previous years though so I'm trying to mitigate my time spent on them!

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My understanding is that he's just the usual throw something until it sticks -merchant.

V true on the thread! It's annoying to be so out of the loop, as I love a good rumour! I all but lived on these threads in previous years though so I'm trying to mitigate my time spent on them!
Fab confirms they are in for him

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we lose out to Fulham we should liquidate the club.
They should either sell the club, or appoint a sporting director to make the decisions about the football .

13 million hwang
35 million silva
35 million semedo

I like the latter two players but not at those prices . Absolutely ludicrous waste of money to then miss out on key targets like this

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They should either sell the club, or appoint a sporting director to make the decisions about the football .

13 million hwang
35 million silva
35 million semedo

I like the latter two players but not at those prices . Absolutely ludicrous waste of money to then miss out on key targets like this
Yup

Biggest problem at Wolves is not having a football man in a key directorship position. (I'm not a big fan of Sellars on a personal or professional sense).

We need a relegation battle to remind Fosun that assets can go down in value if not properly tended.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm pretty much a half glass full when it comes to Wolves and appreciate what Fosun have done since they have come in (best Wolves side in my life time) and fingers crossed they get things right this transfer window but the noise and mood out of the club so far I'm sorry doesn't look good maybe that's me overthinking but something doesn't seem right at the moment..

The last couple of transfer windows have been underwhelming even if some more positive fans try and deny it on here and unfortunately that is where a lot of the concerns come this summer as a lot of people see it going the same way.. Lage himself said he wanted people through the doors for pre season while I know that is not always possible if it is true we are waiting for the money for Neves first then we will have no one in for a while yet...

Like I said hope I'm wrong and will hold my hands up if I am but I feel I have the right to be concerned at the moment if that makes me a pant wetter that some like to throw out there rather than actually give a reasoned response so be it...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom