Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Question is also where will Neves go? Clearly Barcelona don't have the money and refuse to spend anywhere near what we want for him and the other club is Man Utd who's first choice is Frankie De Jong which means we could be waiting until the end of the window just in case they don't get their preferred target!

What I'd be saying to Ruben is.....Ruben we don't want to stop you from leaving,but Barcelona ay got any money,and don't think you are worth what we want.And man United only want you if they don't get Frankie De jong.To be honest you would be better off staying here,where the fans adore you.Because there is one thing,if you do go to United you will never hear your name sung.That's for sure.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
jesus h, we can't win - so need to focus only on those players that 'big six' (sic) want and subsequently we will never buy

but if we go for someone who might not be in their clutches, not happy with that either??!!!

is it any wonder fosun can't be ***** trying to faff around with PR tittle tattle. your logic is masterful
I dunno. Some of the big six want Neves, Ait-Nouri, Neto etc. One of them nicked Jota.

I don't want someone that doesn't improve us. I don't get why everybody else does. He has one main asset, physicality, and a tackle that'll break someone's leg someday.

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Gonna go out on a limb and say I think Neves stays purely because I don’t see who pays the asking price.

Liverpool have broken the bank for Nunez, United want De Jong, Spurs just signed Bissouma, Chelsea are stacked in midfield and I don’t see him going to Arsenal … maybe city but will they spend the money on him or look at other areas.

Look at Spain and Madrid have 2 great young cm’s and 3 established ones, Barca are skint and Neves apparently isn’t a priority.

PSG apparently need to clear players out after the Mbappe extension, Juve are getting pogba and Bayern won’t pay the money so I don’t really see where he goes?

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We might be playing silly games,and letting clubs think we are after certain players.But in reality we have no interest in em.Then BANG.Wow I day see that one coming.

I love a good WOW.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gonna go out on a limb and say I think Neves stays purely because I don’t see who pays the asking price.

Liverpool have broken the bank for Nunez, United want De Jong, Spurs just signed Bissouma, Chelsea are stacked in midfield and I don’t see him going to Arsenal … maybe city but will they spend the money on him or look at other areas.

Look at Spain and Madrid have 2 great young cm’s and 3 established ones, Barca are skint and Neves apparently isn’t a priority.

PSG apparently need to clear players out after the Mbappe extension, Juve are getting pogba and Bayern won’t pay the money so I don’t really see where he goes?
I think he would be a good shout for Madrid. I think they'll play enough games to rotate the 4 senior midfielders, especially as Modric can't have that many more seasons in him.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he would be a good shout for Madrid. I think they'll play enough games to rotate the 4 senior midfielders, especially as Modric can't have that many more seasons in him.
Not a chance he will go to Madrid they have just signed Tchouameni for 80m and also have Modric, Kroos, Valverde, Casemero, Camavinga and Ceballos no way will they bring another centre midfielder it's the last position they need to strengthen even more so with the price we will be asking for...

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think he’d do well there but they just paid 100 mil for another cm, brought Camavinga last year and still have Kroos, Morris and Casmemiro who won them a champions league and Valderde who can play centrally. Logically I don’t see them spending the money on neves this summer hence I think (hope) he stays.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dunno. Some of the big six want Neves, Ait-Nouri, Neto etc. One of them nicked Jota.

I don't want someone that doesn't improve us. I don't get why everybody else does. He has one main asset, physicality, and a tackle that'll break someone's leg someday.

serious question - did you watch him play for braga at molineux?

if we can't get players that will go to top six clubs (eg that us-based keeper) then we have to buy next best. palhinha is at top of that pile

jeez people are mind numbingly negative. yes i want CL too but it ain't gonna happen, so enjoy the here and now. fosun are decent owners

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a feeling Wolves are waiting on Moutinho rather than Neves before signing Palhinha

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
serious question - did you watch him play for braga at molineux?

if we can't get players that will go to top six clubs (eg that us-based keeper) then we have to buy next best. palhinha is at top of that pile

jeez people are mind numbingly negative. yes i want CL too but it ain't gonna happen, so enjoy the here and now. fosun are decent owners
Yeah. That game we really should have won.
Have I slagged off fosun? No. Just don't rate this guy, and can't see what the big fuss about losing out to him to Fulham would be.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Dont you dare have ambition and hope to one day be great! Stay in your lane and know your class".

I didnt know wanting Wolves to make Europe was being "negative"...

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you’d like us just to stand still and stagnate . Brilliant just brilliant
No…of course they should try……
…...my point was, Wolves are damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

transfers don’t always work out

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
Btw, to weigh in on the whole, "why do we have to sell Neves before signing a midfielder" whinge, let's consider this scenario:

If Barcelona ends up pursuing Neves, but wants to use players on their roster as make-weights for the deal - then, we have a couple different scenarios for who we want to bring in (Nico Gonzalez, for example). On the other hand, if ManU ends up pursuing Neves because their #1 option doesn't pan out, then we would theoretically have more cash to pursue entirely different options in the CM market (Matheus Nunes, for example). In both of these scenarios (which appear to be the most widely reported scenarios), we are at the mercy of the teams and players we are dealing with.

In the same way, players have their ranked choices and they are waiting to see how things play out, too (see de Jong, for example).

It's smart to be patient in the market because you are more likely to get a better deal and/or the player that you prefer the most. If we could somehow get a player like Nico or Nunes into the team, then I would be through the moon.

Lastly, does anyone seriously believe that Fulham will waltz in and entice Palhinha away from Wolves?! Really? If so, then I have some horse medicine that I can sell you that will cure Covid. If Palhinha wants to move this summer, then Mendes will ensure that he ends up at Wolves. I'm not worried in the slightest about Palhinha.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Btw, to weigh in on the whole, "why do we have to sell Neves before signing a midfielder" whinge, let's consider this scenario:

If Barcelona ends up pursuing Neves, but wants to use players on their roster as make-weights for the deal - then, we have a couple different scenarios for who we want to bring in (Nico Gonzalez, for example). On the other hand, if ManU ends up pursuing Neves because their #1 option doesn't pan out, then we would theoretically have more cash to pursue entirely different options in the CM market (Matheus Nunes, for example). In both of these scenarios (which appear to be the most widely reported scenarios), we are at the mercy of the teams and players we are dealing with.

In the same way, players have their ranked choices and they are waiting to see how things play out, too (see de Jong, for example).

It's smart to be patient in the market because you are more likely to get a better deal and/or the player that you prefer the most. If we could somehow get a player like Nico or Nunes into the team, then I would be through the moon.

Lastly, does anyone seriously believe that Fulham will waltz in and entice Palhinha away from Wolves?! Really? If so, then I have some horse medicine that I can sell you that will cure Covid. If Palhinha wants to move this summer, then Mendes will ensure that he ends up at Wolves. I'm not worried in the slightest about Palhinha.
We’re in a right old mess clubs messing us around left right and centre for a low price I wouldn’t expect much jeff can’t even take a 20m bank loan out when palhinha wants to come here.. we are being run like a circus fulham must be laughing at us

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only Wolves could **** up such a simple straight forward deal for a player we've been negotiating with for ages. Absolute shambles, we need a midfielder anyway regardless of Neves. Pathetic from Fosun
Why do you blame Wolves?…….please gimme one adult reason why you are so sure and adamant it’s their fault.
Well maybe Paulinha hasn’t made his mind up yet. He may be interested but wants more money or maybe other clubs are talking to his agent.
There could be many factors beyond Wolves control for any perceived delay.
After all, the window doesn’t close for ages yet.

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’re in a right old mess clubs messing us around left right and centre for a low price I wouldn’t expect much jeff can’t even take a 20m bank loan out when palhinha wants to come here.. we are being run like a circus fulham must be laughing at us
Well now, who doesn’t love a circus? :) ;)

Ok…ok…I’m not supposed to tell anyone but this was Fosun’s goal all the time…..to own a circus.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
we are being run like a circus fulham must be laughing at us
Yeah, I'm sure this yo-yo club is laughing at us, when we've finished in the top ten 3 out of the last 4 seasons we've been in the Premier League. I would be willing to bet that most club execs in the league admire how Wolves do business...

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure this yo-yo club is laughing at us, when we've finished in the top ten 3 out of the last 4 seasons we've been in the Premier League. I would be willing to bet that most club execs in the league admire how Wolves do business...
Exactly.

but it’s a shambles…..or a circus…..or Jeff is dropping his pants….or Sellers is a slime ball etc.

No credit or acknowledgment to the club for Mouthino, Neves, Jota, Sa, Patricio, Neto, Podence, Nuno, Jonny, Ran, Semedo, Raul, ………it’s as if Wolves found them under a cabbage.

No credit for trying to get Botman and Sanchez in last year…….none…..only criticism.

Today is 5 days since the window opened. It’s been only 5 days……that’s nothing. It closes Sept 1st.

I bet many an agent is telling his client to slooooooow down.…”let’s see if they will up your wages or another club might be interested. What’s the hurry, over two months to go?”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom