Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not fair to say we weren’t really serious about him at all. We were outbid by Chelsea, or , perhaps we didn’t think he was worth that much.

Crickey, is there anything you think Wolves do right?……anything at all?
I think it's quite reasonable for fans to be cynical about these so called bids that never come to fruition, not like many of us older fans haven't experienced it time and time again.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not signing Vitinha was a mistake and most of us knew it as the thread on him proves. As for Cundle I would reserve judgment on him not being good enough for the Premier League. Far too early to be writing him off just yet but maybe could do with a loan if the club actually start signing central midfield players again!
Maybe if vitinha moves on we could loan cundle to porto.

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yes another made up imminent tasty transfer snippet thrown to the gullible from the Fosun dept. of misinformation and lies.
Anything that outfit says should be treated as untrustworthy until proved otherwise.

Ah I must have missed the Fosun press release saying we were signing him and for how much.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, read the post literally below the one you're whinging about where I say it was the right decision not to sign Vitinha.

But you need to moan about me moaning :D

Oh and if you go in for a player at £3m and he's in talks with other clubs at the same time for £8.6m then it's very fair to say you aren't serious IMO.

What would you think if Leeds made a £15m offer for Neves tomorrow. Would you think they're serious about buying him? I don't think so.
I don’t moan……boys or weak people do…..not me.
And it NOT fair to say we weren’t serious.

A silly hypothetical situation about Neves is not applicable here, although you seem to know how I would answer in that fantasy scenario.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it's quite reasonable for fans to be cynical about these so called bids that never come to fruition, not like many of us older fans haven't experienced it time and time again.
Yeah…ok, a certain amount of cynicism is normal .

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Amazing he would choose Chelsea over us. Why an earth would any overseas player make such a choice
That's not the point, Wolves said we'd already got him on a watertight pre contract then when he turned up at Arsenal we decided to just forget we'd already signed him and do nothing. If we thought he was good enough to sign why then let another club apparently break the rules and sign him as well.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was ok against Spurs.

People get a bit carried away by saying he was excellent though. He had less touches than any other outfield player and made less tackles and interceptions than our other midfielders.

Did his job, kept it safe and kept us moving. A decent full debut, but he still has a long way to go to make it at this level.
Best pass success rate at 96%. Could have had an assist with a lovely little run and through ball if Raul Jiminez got the ball a bit better out of his feet. It was more than an okay performance. For a debut it was excellent.

The other game against Newcastle for me he wasn't noticably worse than Mouts next to him(though Newcastle bossed that game).

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
E sports, fashion and music.

Bloody hell does nobody understand why they are trying these things?! Some people need to understand just who we are as a club, how little we are and how uninteresting we are to the wider football world. Fosun simply are not allowed to spend fortunes because our small fan base does not generate enough income. Doesnt matter how loyal we are and doesn't matter that some went to Chorley once.

They have to create other revenue streams that grow our income which in turn allows us to spend more money. These things might not matter to the core fan base directly but the hope is that in time they will help to improve the club we know and love.

Could Fosun be more risk averse and go over and above sell to buy? Maybe. Helped Everton, Fulham and Villa so much in recent years didnt it?! What they will do, however, is keep us solid and consistent with (hopefully) some sustainable growth.

So far nobody knows who we are selling, who we are trying to buy and how much we may or may not spend yet all you see on here is a melt down with grown adults crying over bull **** transfer 'news'. Lets wait and see hey?

Will they let us down? Maybe. Maybe not. So far, however, they have steered us ok. Never enough for some for sure but they have my trust, for what its worth.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That's not the point, Wolves said we'd already got him on a watertight pre contract then when he turned up at Arsenal we decided to just forget we'd already signed him and do nothing. If we thought he was good enough to sign why then let another club apparently break the rules and sign him as well.
Did they break the rules though, was th document carefully drafted so as not to cover all loopholes.

Document Title: The common factor in most Pre-Contract Documents are that their titles imply there may not be an “intention to create legal relations” at the time they are signed, rather their purpose is to state the “intent” or “understanding” of the parties. They are usually intended as a non-binding record of the terms that may have been agreed in principle prior to finalising the contract.

Document Content: There is no rule that a Pre-Contract Document’s title prevents it from being a legally enforceable contract. Therefore the interpretation of the wording in the body of the Pre-Contract Document will also be a key factor in determining whether it is intended to have legal effect. Consideration would need to be made as to whether all elements of a legally enforceable contract are present, i.e. offer, acceptance, consideration, etc. If all elements are present the Pre-Contract Document may be considered legally binding despite its title suggesting otherwise.

In order to rebut the presumption that a Pre-Contract Document is intended to create a legally binding effect the parties would need to produce clear evidence that the Pre-Contract Document is not intended to create a legal relationship. However, the parties may need or want some elements of a Pre-Contract Document to be binding, such as obligations of confidentiality, allocation of costs for negotiations/document preparation, etc. If this is the case, the Pre-Contract Document needs to be clear on what is and what is not intended to have legal effect. A carefully drafted Pre-Contract Document can achieve this as well as satisfying the need to clarify the position of the parties before a final contract is signed.

Finally, and on a more commercial note, where a carefully drafted Pre-Contract Document does not create legally binding obligations there is still a practical risk that once signed it may be difficult, practically or morally, to re-negotiate any terms if during final contract negotiations an issue arises that may not have been considered at the outset.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FVURBl7XoAAMzgF.jpg

Just seen this on twitter, take it with a pinch of salt as its that CMTV who did the Palinha and Nunes story..

GV Wolf

Reaction score
No one is disrespecting him. However, the fact is at 35 he will struggle to cope with the demands of the premier league. If he stays his role will be to help us manage the game as a second half sub.

Dendocker is replaceable and if lazio offer 20 million we should sell, especially as he has two years left on contract.
But we need to replace them with better/ higher quality players if we want to progress. Our recent buying history says we no longer do that.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
T

TheConcourse

Palhinha: Fulham is stronger today in the dispute with Wolverhampton - he made an offer of approximately 20 M € to Sporting and is confident in the agreement. The "English rival" wants to define Rúben Neves' future before moving on to the business with the lions
Came here just for the reaction to this ha.

We have to laugh don’t we? DON’T WE? GUYS??!!

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloody hell does nobody understand why they are trying these things?! Some people need to understand just who we are as a club, how little we are and how uninteresting we are to the wider football world. Fosun simply are not allowed to spend fortunes because our small fan base does not generate enough income. Doesnt matter how loyal we are and doesn't matter that some went to Chorley once.

They have to create other revenue streams that grow our income which in turn allows us to spend more money. These things might not matter to the core fan base directly but the hope is that in time they will help to improve the club we know and love.

Could Fosun be more risk averse and go over and above sell to buy? Maybe. Helped Everton, Fulham and Villa so much in recent years didnt it?! What they will do, however, is keep us solid and consistent with (hopefully) some sustainable growth.

So far nobody knows who we are selling, who we are trying to buy and how much we may or may not spend yet all you see on here is a melt down with grown adults crying over bull **** transfer 'news'. Lets wait and see hey?

Will they let us down? Maybe. Maybe not. So far, however, they have steered us ok. Never enough for some for sure but they have my trust, for what its worth.

Drivel

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If true that sums up the **** poor management of the club and the total lack of ambition.

Take a ****ing gamble. So what if Neves doesn't leave and we still sign Palhinha? It is called ambition and intent and being proactive rather than reactive.

Sums up fosun of the last 2 or 3 years this utter farce does.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Palhinha: Fulham is stronger today in the dispute with Wolverhampton - he made an offer of approximately 20 M € to Sporting and is confident in the agreement. The "English rival" wants to define Rúben Neves' future before moving on to the business with the lions
Really concerning just how much we are relying on the Neves money, If we were to lose out on Palhinha to Fulham who is a Portuguese international for a really good fee in a position we need to strengthen (even if Neves stays) then questions need to be asked!

At the moment this transfer window seems to be going the same way as the last couple... Getting a bit fed up of it all now I know the ambition has been cut back a little bit by Shi's words but the more this goes on I wonder if we have any to improve the team..

I've backed Fosun and still had confident they were going to get things right for Wolves but I've got to be honest starting to lose the faith a little now..

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This guy did say were were signing Ruben Semedo last summer, so im not entirely sure we can believe him.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Romano follows him and does quote him
..... not sure we can right off what he says entirely.
Plus, we know where this road leads. Prettt confident he's not coming at this point. Just need to find someone to flog Neves to.

Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom