Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How good is this Nunes chap? Give me a Prem player he's most similar to. I've never seen him play

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Yep the next excuse is lined up

What’s next - teams are back for pre season tours so we have to wait for them to return?

All of these issues don’t seem to be an issue for other clubs . We just have incompetent leaders
The thing having a rant on here is about it is as constructive as shaking your fist at your kitchen window because a bird **** on your path.
It's pointless, and it won't stop it ****ting again. You're welcome..

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How good is this Nunes chap? Give me a Prem player he's most similar to. I've never seen him play

I freely admit that I've rarely ever hear of most of the players we're linked with.

There's a weird phenomenon surrounding foreign talent. Certain types of posters say (of player A that we're linked with) he'd take us to the next level, I never thought we'd be able to attract them... Fast forward a month when it looks like we're unlikely to get player A, but now we're linked with player B... Forget player A this lad is a a few notches above player A, he'd transform the club and put us on the map.

Inevitably neither happen and I'm left scratching my head wondering if these posters actually watch full games that all these lads play in, watch their YouTube reels or just check football manager for the stats.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So with other clubs signing players as soon as the season ended all I keep hearing from posters on here about our signings is..

We have to wait until the transfer window opens

Then it’s wait until the internationals are over.

Followed by we have to wait for the player to return from his holiday

Then finally it’s we have to wait until the Portuguese transfer window opens.

In the end it will be the same as last season where we miss the boat and start the season with the same CBs and only one striker again

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m actually disappointed he’s signing a new deal which I know I’ll get hammered for.

I want us to move on.

Makes no sense for us to lose him with us hopefully being in a kind of transition. I wouldnt overpay him, but at the same time i think we need his experience and just his winning mentality about the place.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

So with other clubs signing players as soon as the season ended all I keep hearing from posters on here about our signings is..

In the end it will be the same as last season where we miss the boat and start the season with the same CBs and only one striker again
This is incorrect as we will also be without Saiss and whoever else we sell before the season starts.

modenawolf

Reaction score
United and Arsenal linked to Vitinha in Portuguese press. With United also being linked to De Jong, they're not going to take Neves as well.

Still think he'll end up at Barcelona.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I would actually be relatively happy with Joe Rodon. He is massive and could be a useful squad player. I would be pleased if him and Carmo were our Saiss and Boly replacements.

Kilman, Coady, Carmo, Roden, Gomes and Mosquera would represent very good options for us.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe tony roberts can talk to rodon about joining?

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Most Premier League clubs haven't made a single signing yet.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We may well see a couple of low level signings over the next couple of weeks, but I don't think we are going to see the bigger deals until Neves moves and all the jigsaw peices fall into place at other clubs. We have had the internationals and players will be on holiday.

It's not out of the question we haven't got a deal or two in the bag but let's face it they will have a number of targets for each position based on availability and cost. They will only know which one to pull the trigger on when they know the fate of Neves, Adama, and Moutinho.

Personally, I don't think for a minute we will get Nunes but I do think we will have most of the bases covered. But it will be interesting if they don't generate the interest in Neves. Great if he stays, but without his sale we will be going after the level B and C options rather than the A grade players.

I think it's fascinating, I don't get worked up about it because it's a complex business and decisions about players are largely subjective. A low cost player can turn into a major asset as Leicester have proven. I thought signing Neto was just a 'favour' signing.

It will all be a bit clearer in two or three weeks. Personally, I don't think that is a real issue.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not “directly” linked to us yet, but Mendes is supposedly spearheading a deal right now to bring 19 year old attacking midfielder from Club Atletico Colon in Argentina, Facundo Fairas, to Europe for $12m. Clubs linked are unsurprisingly Porto, Valencia & then an “unnamed” Premier league team…

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think defensively he improved a lot and he certainly brings the ball out of defence and atracks well, but i think what he does with it in the final third needs to improve. I wpuld say that is the difference between potential and being the best wb.

I think 'hardly put a foot wrong' is pushing it, but i have certainly been impressed. A very good signing
But his work in the final third is better than semedo's or Jonny's. His crossing is better than both.
I'm not saying he can't improve in that area, but it is something Semedo and Jonny both need to work on as well.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In my opinion he's similar in style to Bruno Guimaraes.

Id say thats a good reflection, and id say hes a more finished article atm than guimares.

from above, newcastle being attached to everything, they actually only have a kitty of 100m and arent selling to buy.

Id expect them to go over at the other midfield at lyon , pateta is it

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But his work in the final third is better than semedo's or Jonny's. His crossing is better than both.
I'm not saying he can't improve in that area, but it is something Semedo and Jonny both need to work on as well.

I think there's a common misconception that Ait-Nouri is better going forward than defensively. In my opinion he's not.

If I had to rank the 3 in terms or attacking output, Jonny is streets ahead in 1st, with Semedo and Ait Nouri probably joint 2nd.

Defensively, I'd say Semedo is the best of the 3, Ait Nouri 2nd and Jonny 3rd.

Look at how Ait Nouri defended against Salah. An absolute masterclass.

I think what his defending lacks is consistency and concentration, which tends to come with age. If he can defend like he did against Liverpool most of the time, he will overtake Semedo as our best defensive fullback. If he improves his attacking output too, he will be amongst the World's elite fullbacks.

Last edited:

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most of those clubs are not planning a mini rebuild though and a different style of play

Unfortunately transfers involve (at least!) 3 parties - Wolves, the selling club and the player. If 2 of those 3 don't want to do anything for another week or two, then the amount of rebuilding we want to do doesn't matter a jot.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there's a common misconception that Ait-Nouri is better going forward than defensively. In my opinion he's not.

If I had to rank the 3 in terms or attacking output, Jonny is streets ahead in 1st, with Semedo and Ait Nouri probably joint 2nd.

Defensively, I'd say Semedo is the best of the 3, Ait Nouri 2nd and Jonny 3rd.

Look at how he defended against Salah. An absolute masterclass.

I think what his defending lacks is consistency and concentration, which tends to come with age. If he can defend like he did against Liverpool most of the time, he will overtake Semedo as our best defensive fullback. If he improves his attacking output too, he will be amongst the World's elite fullbacks.
Also, he lacks consistency and concentration? I'm not sure where that comes from to be honest. I don't see any drop in quality in our defense as a result of him playing at all. Tackles per game he has the highest.
I disagree with regards to Semedo being the best defender. I think you have to be selective with the games that you choose to come to that conclusion. The guy even admitted himself that he wasn't very good in his first season. From November onwards until he got injured he was great, but up until then I would argue that consistency and concentration was his biggest downfall.
I think the problem in the squad is there is a pecking order in terms of experience. The established players get an easier time than the kids. Kilman should have been starting week in week out a lot earlier than he did. It goes as far back as even Neto should have been used more in our European season.

modenawolf

Reaction score
Bordeaux got any decent players we should look at?

Anel Ahmedhodžić. Centre back with a very high ceiling. He was on loan from Malmo but think there's an obligation to buy in the deal (not sure of any clauses though now that Bordeaux will be relegated to the third division).

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also, he lacks consistency and concentration? I'm not sure where that comes from to be honest. I don't see any drop in quality in our defense as a result of him playing at all. Tackles per game he has the highest.
I disagree with regards to Semedo being the best defender. I think you have to be selective with the games that you choose to come to that conclusion. The guy even admitted himself that he wasn't very good in his first season. From November onwards until he got injured he was great, but up until then I would argue that consistency and concentration was his biggest downfall.
I think the problem in the squad is there is a pecking order in terms of experience. The established players get an easier time than the kids. Kilman should have been starting week in week out a lot earlier than he did. It goes as far back as even Neto should have been used more in our European season.

Consistency of concentration maybe more accurate. It's like in the bigger games, he's more switched on and concentrates more because he knows he has to. Then he can switch off a bit and not be as 'on it' in the smaller games. We have a few like that to be honest.

Yes, in Semedo's first season he really wasn't at his best. But that's more about how long he took to settle than his overall ability.

Semedo's defending in duals in particular is way ahead of most in our squad, and even most in the Premier League. Ait Nouri isn't far off that. Contrast that to Jonny, who tends to be beaten quite a bit.

Yes, I get what you mean about seniority. It shouldn't make a difference.

King Henry VIII

Groupie
Reaction score

And it if does end the same as last season then you will be right to then start ****ing and moaning. And I will probably be right there with you doing the same.

However what a lot of people are doing right now is plain old catastrophising. The window doesn't close for weeks, and the season doesn't start until 6 August.

It's like kicking off at a restaurant about how **** your meal is going to be because you haven't finished all three courses within five minutes of getting to your table.

Maybe things will all turn out ****e, but please give them a chance to actually **** up first. Otherwise it's just a tedious tantrum.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Anel Ahmedhodžić. Centre back with a very high ceiling. He was on loan from Malmo but think there's an obligation to buy in the deal (not sure of any clauses though now that Bordeaux will be relegated to the third division).

He was in that fan made scouting report for the other day, if they are cash strapped or have issues could just line up a buyer and flip him to them.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just another message to the Sky 6 that they can treat us however they want and we will just sit back and take it

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And it if does end the same as last season then you will be right to then start ****ing and moaning. And I will probably be right there with you doing the same.

However what a lot of people are doing right now is plain old catastrophising. The window doesn't close for weeks, and the season doesn't start until 6 August.

It's like kicking off at a restaurant about how **** your meal is going to be because you haven't finished all three courses within five minutes of getting to your table.

Maybe things will all turn out ****e, but please give them a chance to actually **** up first. Otherwise it's just a tedious tantrum.
They’ve had the last 6 windows and have failed to sign a cm . They deserve all the flack they get that this isn’t sorted day 1 of this window

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Twelve of the twenty clubs in the Premier League haven't signed a player yet, including any of the three promoted teams

But why let the truth get in the way...
That’s a fact and it can’t be argued with, I agree.

But I think the frustration is not in isolation for this window, but comes as a compounded effect of the poor management of the last 4 windows which have arguably made this window more critical and challenging for us than the majority of other PL clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom