Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He starts over Jonny for me, and I like Jonny. I just think Ait-Nouri is a better player and a better long term prospect.

If we move to a back four, Jonny starts over him every time for me. RAN has immense potential, but we have so many needs at the moment and the owners aren't showing a willingness to dig into their own pockets to fix those problems, so some sacrifices are clearly going to have to be made to strengthen in the areas that desperately need it.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where does he fit in though? Are you starting him over Jonny at left back? If somebody offers us silly money for him now, they should absolutely take it if it means we have the funds to address bigger problems (prolific winger, an actual centre back, midfielder with pace)
He starts over Jonny at left back, because he is currently our best wing back. Jonny and Semedo can fight it out for the place on the otherside. I know who wins hands down for me.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the same way that Mouts and Neves as first choice with Donk rotational and a promising youngster was completely unacceorable last season?

Sorry. Don't see how this is any different.

One of the biggest gripes was going into the season with 3 first team midfielders, now it's suddenly ok because 2 of the 3 are sparkly new ones.

Not that i use this as a reason for Donk to stay, but don't really see that it is enough

And how many games was it a problem for? 2? So you want a 4th midfielder whose probably going to play no games?

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Am appalled by some of these comments. Moutinho is the finest player in 70 years of watching Wolves. How DARE people disrespect him. And the abuse a current Belgian international gets is laughable. Presumably these ‘supporters’ hanker after League 1 again!!
I don’t rate dendoncker, I don’t see how that makes me hanker after league 1?

Donk played centre back for Belgium again tonight - meant he couldn’t do his usual routine of passing backwards, crap finishing, running next to or behind the opposition players and achieving nothing else.

Sorry if that doesn’t fit your “he must be great if he plays for Belgium” agenda. Incidentally, he was next to vertonghen and alderweireld, and I wouldn’t sign either of them either…

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
And how many games was it a problem for? 2? So you want a 4th midfielder whose probably going to play no games?
It was a problem when Neves got injured.

And no, i want a 4th midfiekder to push for a place and cover for injuries/suspensiions.

I was disappointed we started the season with 3 senior midfielders, and i don't believe i was the only one, and dont believe it would be a good idea again

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was a problem when Neves got injured.

And no, i want a 4th midfiekder to push for a place and cover for injuries/suspensiions.

I was disappointed we started the season with 3 senior midfielders, and i don't believe i was the only one, and dont believe it would be a good idea again

I do get what you’re saying, but if we want the best possible first XI, that’s not going to come from filling the squad with inferior senior players that hardly play.

Maybe the 4th should be somewhere between a senior player and Cundle.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am appalled by some of these comments. Moutinho is the finest player in 70 years of watching Wolves. How DARE people disrespect him. And the abuse a current Belgian international gets is laughable. Presumably these ‘supporters’ hanker after League 1 again!!
No one is disrespecting him. However, the fact is at 35 he will struggle to cope with the demands of the premier league. If he stays his role will be to help us manage the game as a second half sub.

Dendocker is replaceable and if lazio offer 20 million we should sell, especially as he has two years left on contract.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He starts over Jonny at left back, because he is currently our best wing back. Jonny and Semedo can fight it out for the place on the otherside. I know who wins hands down for me.

Is he better than Jonny defensively? If anything Jonny showed more in an attacking capacity after returning from injury as well. I'll give you that he has immense potential, but I don't think he's our best wing back at all.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one is disrespecting him. However, the fact is at 35 he will struggle to cope with the demands of the premier league. If he stays his role will be to help us manage the game as a second half sub.

Dendocker is replaceable and if lazio offer 20 million we should sell, especially as he has two years left on contract.
How and why is that a fact? Because you say so? Why can he only play as sub.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is he better than Jonny defensively? If anything Jonny showed more in an attacking capacity after returning from injury as well. I'll give you that he has immense potential, but I don't think he's our best wing back at all.
Yes.
I don't understand why people talk about potential, when based on his performances last season he was our best wing back offensively and defensively. He hardly put a foot wrong.

BucksWolf8

Reaction score
RAN has bags of potential, improved his defensive work a lot last season, his attacking play is still a bit hit and miss, occasionally excellent, but often clumsy. IMV he's nowhere near the level of Jonny.......yet.

Agree completely with this. If RAN continues on the same trajectory of the past 2 seasons then he will go to the very top, but he's got a long way to go yet. Consistency being the main area in need of improvement.

Let's also not forget that it wasn't long ago, pre-injuries, that Jonny was starting for Spain. I think of him as an Iberian Irwin, can play RB or LB with no drop in quality, and is 7/10 every week. That's the consistency RAN needs to aspire to.

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Problem is that we are owned by an investment company that wants to see a return one day, putting their own money into the club is probably a gamble in Fosuns eyes. If the club can sell and buy players itself, win win for Fosun..

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many games would a midfielder have come on as sub if the option wasn’t Cundle? With five subs it is essential you have players on the bench the manager trusts and will bring on, especially if Moutinho stays.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This window has potential to unravel before our eyes , very very quickly.

I'd say if we were to lose out on Palinha , or even if we get him and little else, because any Neves deal either doesn't materialise or doesn't happen until the last knockings of the window, I think FOSUN end up looking embarrassingly amateur and the mood becomes toxic.

The background noise at the moment gives off a very small time vibe. It feels more than just being risk averse. It smacks of a child being told he's had its pocket money for the year. If he wants some sweets he's got to sell his bike and walk to the shop.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There no difference between Jonny Semedo and ran.

All are absolutely fine

Semedo all round play is the best by a long way , particularly in tight situations. But weak going forward . Fine defensively after a poor start

Jonny has it all, but when he plays lwb we definitely lose some shape as he needs to come inside. Can also be clumsy on certain situations and give the ball away in dangerous areas which people seem to forget

Ran provides the most balance as he has the speed and trickery to play wing back, but is also brilliant defensively. Just needs to work on his end product.

Those suggesting ran can’t lace Jonny’s boots are wide of the mark. It’s healthy competition and each of them offer different attributes good for the team

If a big bid came in for any wing back you would be inclined to accept it as our core is so weak, and is more important as the drop off is so dramatic . Wing bsck we could survive, although any wing back going would be a loss as it is one of our strengths.

Too early to sell ran though as we would make more profit next year

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Lots of Twitter noise this morning about Matheus Nunes to Liverpool
I'd really be surprised if he came to us, particularly as he was stating he wanted to stay at Sporting not so long back. And if you are choosing between us and Liverpool.....

And just a for everyone's info. Players will be on holiday now for 2 weeks as it's the end of a long season. Just like anyone who works they long for their holidays after a tough year, and you are generally focused on one thing. Sunshine and family time!

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd really be surprised if he came to us, particularly as he was stating he wanted to stay at Sporting not so long back. And if you are choosing between us and Liverpool.....

And just a for everyone's info. Players will be on holiday now for 2 weeks as it's the end of a long season. Just like anyone who works long for their holidays after a long year you are typically focused on one thing. Sunshine and family time.
Yep the next excuse is lined up

What’s next - teams are back for pre season tours so we have to wait for them to return?

All of these issues don’t seem to be an issue for other clubs . We just have incompetent leaders

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
LA is a ****hole. People who equate California with LA don't know what they're talking about. The state has everything: beautiful beaches, redwood forests, mountains with some of the best skiing, deserts...you name, the state has it.

I grew up and still live in the suburbs of San Diego one mile from the beach. Other than the cost of living for housing, it's fantastic. Funny, after returning from the UK a couple of weeks ago, I commented when we flew over LA how people must think it's so brown and ugly. So, my advice, fly in and get out. The Central Coast between Santa Barbara and San Francisco (San Luis Obispo, wineries in Paso Robles, Big Sur, Carmel) is rugged, uncrowded, and beautiful. San Francisco is the most "European" city, with a good transit system - the food there is fantastic. Yosemite National Park is truly one of the seven wonders of the world - it will take your breath away.

Enough travel guide commentary.

(P.S. loved London, but liked Edinburgh more. Isle of Skye was spectacular as was driving through the highlands--your roundabouts were a pain in the ass though. Had a great trip!)
I've spent a lot of time in San Diego over the years, in Vista. I love it there. When I've had to drive to LA down the I5 I can just feel the atmosphere changing halfway, there is something tangibly negative about LA and I hate having to going there.

Just to keep things straight and put some football in...We should keep RAN at all costs. Was impressed with Jonny when he came back last season, but sat in the front row of the NB for the Norwich game and watched him up close, bit sure if it was a bad day but he looked slow and cumbersome. Maybe the end of a difficult comeback season for him physically.

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
Yes.
I don't understand why people talk about potential, when based on his performances last season he was our best wing back offensively and defensively. He hardly put a foot wrong.
I think defensively he improved a lot and he certainly brings the ball out of defence and atracks well, but i think what he does with it in the final third needs to improve. I wpuld say that is the difference between potential and being the best wb.

I think 'hardly put a foot wrong' is pushing it, but i have certainly been impressed. A very good signing

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep the next excuse is lined up

What’s next - teams are back for pre season tours so we have to wait for them to return?

All of these issues don’t seem to be an issue for other clubs . We just have incompetent leaders
Twelve of the twenty clubs in the Premier League haven't signed a player yet, including any of the three promoted teams

But why let the truth get in the way...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom