Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moutinho should be nowhere near a regular starter next season. Shouldn't have been this season and arguably the one prior. We need mobility and presence there and have done for god knows how long now. Maybe even, dare I say, someone who averages more than 1 goal a year.

But then again, we do seemingly have a 10 year ban on signing a first team CM hanging over us that we're nearly half way through so I guess it's to be expected.
Mouts is a legend but he has to be used sparingly now. No way I'd go for a 2 year deal Jesus.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Point of clarification please.

I appreciate our window opened Jun 10th, but the Portuguese window doesn't open until July 1st.

Does this mean that transfers between English and Portuguese clubs are not likely to be formally announced before the start of next month?

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I appreciate our window opened Jun 10th, but the Portuguese window doesn't open until July 1st.

Does this mean that transfers between English and Portuguese clubs are not likely to be formally announced before the start of next month?
Nunez was announced by Liverpool today and I think Benfica announced last night. So no.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I wouldn't get to caught up on the dates of when transfer windows open in the summer as you can always sign players and announce them before the window opens anyway and if the players are on holiday's etc it won't matter if they will be at the club at that point more the point they will all be there for the 1st day of pre season...

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think it depends, I guess there is a difference between contracts between buying and selling clubs being agreed, and the transfer actually happening in terms of players registrations changing hands.

I suspect Liverpool and Benfica have agreed the former.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the point is likely more that personal terms have been agreed with both, but the purchase of both is subject to securing an acceptable price for Neves.
Personal terms should not be a problem for players from Portugal. Transfer fee is another matter.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
LA is a ****hole. People who equate California with LA don't know what they're talking about. The state has everything: beautiful beaches, redwood forests, mountains with some of the best skiing, deserts...you name, the state has it.

I grew up and still live in the suburbs of San Diego one mile from the beach. Other than the cost of living for housing, it's fantastic. Funny, after returning from the UK a couple of weeks ago, I commented when we flew over LA how people must think it's so brown and ugly. So, my advice, fly in and get out. The Central Coast between Santa Barbara and San Francisco (San Luis Obispo, wineries in Paso Robles, Big Sur, Carmel) is rugged, uncrowded, and beautiful. San Francisco is the most "European" city, with a good transit system - the food there is fantastic. Yosemite National Park is truly one of the seven wonders of the world - it will take your breath away.

Enough travel guide commentary.

(P.S. loved London, but liked Edinburgh more. Isle of Skye was spectacular as was driving through the highlands--your roundabouts were a pain in the ass though. Had a great trip!)
I like parts of LA Santa Monica especially, I thought Santa Barbara wasn't all that though! Carmel is lovely though, the drive round pebble beach is nice too

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like parts of LA Santa Monica especially, I thought Santa Barbara wasn't all that though! Carmel is lovely though, the drive round pebble beach is nice too

Santa Monica was very nice when we stayed there.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moutinho should be nowhere near a regular starter next season. Shouldn't have been this season and arguably the one prior. We need mobility and presence there and have done for god knows how long now. Maybe even, dare I say, someone who averages more than 1 goal a year.

But then again, we do seemingly have a 10 year ban on signing a first team CM hanging over us that we're nearly half way through so I guess it's to be expected.
I’m actually disappointed he’s signing a new deal which I know I’ll get hammered for.

I want us to move on.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
First my take on the primary concerns of this thread:-

1) I loved living in London for 4 years and the Black Country is definitely not as good (although it is where I live now primarily for economic reasons).

2) LA and Vegas are much better than San Francisco because they are more genuinely American rather than faux European.

Then onto the secondary concerns of this thread:-

I still think we are going to buy Carmo, Palhinha, Nunes and Guedes whilst we will move on Neves, Traore, Moutinho, Sanderson, Hoever and Ronan to cover the spend.

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
If we had a first choice pairing like Palhinha and Nunes, with Moutinho as a rotation option, plus a high potential younger player, that should be enough unless you get unlucky with injuries (we are due a lucky season on this front).
In the same way that Mouts and Neves as first choice with Donk rotational and a promising youngster was completely unacceorable last season?

Sorry. Don't see how this is any different.

One of the biggest gripes was going into the season with 3 first team midfielders, now it's suddenly ok because 2 of the 3 are sparkly new ones.

Not that i use this as a reason for Donk to stay, but don't really see that it is enough

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s one of a few players (with Kilman, Neto, Sa) we should be building our team for the next few years around.

Where does he fit in though? Are you starting him over Jonny at left back? If somebody offers us silly money for him now, they should absolutely take it if it means we have the funds to address bigger problems (prolific winger, an actual centre back, midfielder with pace)

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bordeaux due to financial issues have been relegated to the french 3rd division meaning a lot of their players will most likely be sold quickly and cheap. Sounds like the sort of situation we love to take advantage of so had a look at who they have.

The one that stood out was Ahmedhodzic, 23 year old 6'3 right footed Bosnia-Herzegovina International centre back who they have an obligation to buy from Malmo for €4mil who spent his youth years at Nottingham Forest making him a home grown player.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Where does he fit in though? Are you starting him over Jonny at left back? If somebody offers us silly money for him now, they should absolutely take it if it means we have the funds to address bigger problems (prolific winger, an actual centre back, midfielder with pace)
He starts over Jonny for me, and I like Jonny. I just think Ait-Nouri is a better player and a better long term prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom