Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Derby takeover about to collapse

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was thinking that too, kinda makes sense? I don't think Jez is actually properly employed right now either?
Doing something at Burton l believe. I think Morgan would regard their time at Molineux together as successful.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was thinking that too, kinda makes sense? I don't think Jez is actually properly employed right now either?

Wouldn't be the kind of ownership they need right now.

Kenny Jackett out of work?

If Rooney leaves I can see them getting the band back together

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doing something at Burton l believe. I think Morgan would regard their time at Molineux together as successful.

I’m sure Jezz could be tempted by a revival of the old team! Yes, I think Morgan and Jezz are exactly what Derby need after the ownership issues they’ve been through. Assuming they can get Pride Park off Morris, then they should be able to get the club back on an even keel. I think there may even be a bit of opportunity for Morgan the builder, since they have score to either grow the stadium, or the plaza development next to it!

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m sure Jezz could be tempted by a revival of the old team! Yes, I think Morgan and Jezz are exactly what Derby need after the ownership issues they’ve been through. Assuming they can get Pride Park off Morris, then they should be able to get the club back on an even keel. I think there may even be a bit of opportunity for Morgan the builder, since they have score to either grow the stadium, or the plaza development next to it!
I think getting Pride Park off Mel Morris for a reasonable sum is the major reason why any takeover will be problematic……
Unless Morgan has some land around Derby to build another ground

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think getting Pride Park off Mel Morris for a reasonable sum is the major reason why any takeover will be problematic……

I agree. I also think that if anyone can sort out a land ownership issue, it’s Morgan. It’s what he does best.

ewarwoowar

Reaction score
but rest assured he will only build one stand!!

TriumphWolf

Reaction score
To be honest, I think Wayne Rooney is very wise (never thought I’d ever use those words in the same sentence) not to contemplate Investing his own money in ownership of Derby County. Much safer to let others carry the financial risk and wrath of supporters when things go off the rails.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There is plenty of land at Pride Park for a new ground which would royally screw Morris, the council would be put on the spot as to whether to grant building permission.

A warning to all and maybe even the top 6, keep ownership of the ground away from sharks who do what Morris did. IMO.

Aren't viiila in a similar situation?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is plenty of land at Pride Park for a new ground which would royally screw Morris, the council would be put on the spot as to whether to grant building permission.

A warning to all and maybe even the top 6, keep ownership of the ground away from sharks who do what Morris did. IMO.

Aren't viiila in a similar situation?
Selling the ground to the owners seems a 'clever' move until things go wrong.... Who can stop the owners doing it though?

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quantuma have done a great job, not , with the administration of Derby. They have taken longer than a Government Enquiry into an event and with the same results, it has cost a fortune but there has been no benefit to anyone ( apart from Quantuma with their fees ;) ;) ;) ) as Derby are still without owners these God knows how many months later.

The warning signs about Chris Kirchner not being what he seemed to be have always been there, as he tried to buy Preston but could not come up with the finance when it was called for ( as an American Mr Kirchner must be aware of the expression " All hat and no cattle " ! ) yet the receivers have continued to deal with this man, surely knowing the way it seems to be going was always a possibility ?

Mel Morris is for me is worse than any badge kissing footballer mercenary as the so called " Life Long Rams fan " has spent months with his alleged " beloved " team in a head lock thanks to his shameful use of Pride Park to extract money out of Derby.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

What a ****** the sale has fallen through, he has messed them around for months now left them high and dry, mind it doesnt say a lot about the administrators who chose him over others as preferred bidder over other interested parties, I guess the only good thing to have come out of this is that its happened now rather than find out he has no money after the season started.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Was always going to happen when they got those fraudster administrators in.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was always going to happen when they got those fraudster administrators in.
You need to be cautious. Posts online are legally actionable. Could you prove that statement to be accurate in Court?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

You need to be cautious. Posts online are legally actionable. Could you prove that statement to be accurate in Court?
Do you see identification or harm present in my post? 2/4 key aspects to proving libel

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you see identification or harm present in my post? 2/4 key aspects to proving libel
Harm - their reputation. Indentity - make no mistake bod et al would not disobey a Court order demanding such info.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Harm - their reputation. Indentity - make no mistake bod et al would not disobey a Court order demanding such info.
Their identity as individuals not mine.

When proving defamation against a business the bar is higher than vs an individual as they'd need to demonstrate potential material damage to their business, not just something that annoyed them.

Do you think they'd lose business because of the post I made? I am very comfortable the legal footing I am on

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seeing as this has fell through and the new season is around the corner, what happens to them?

Will they be kicked out the league like Bury? Or will the EFL allow me then to start the season because they’re one of the better supported clubs in the league?

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seeing as this has fell through and the new season is around the corner, what happens to them?

Will they be kicked out the league like Bury? Or will the EFL allow me then to start the season because they’re one of the better supported clubs in the league?
If things are not sorted v soon i am guessing they will have to be kicked out of the league.
They only have 5 contracted first team professionals i think, dont have an owner and dont own a groundor have an agreement with a ground owner on where to play.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If things are not sorted v soon i am guessing they will have to be kicked out of the league.
They only have 5 contracted first team professionals i think, dont have an owner and dont own a groundor have an agreement with a ground owner on where to play.

Oh dear what a terrible debacle exacerbated by liquidators who appear misguided, time wasters, previous owners and people who are only prepared to step in if they can make a quick buck. I do feel for the fans that have done nothing wrong but have been let down badly by time wasters and individuals who are riddled with personal spite and greed.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nobody wants to see them go out of business but I can’t forget Mel Morris being on talkSPORT at least once a week bashing himself off on how well Derby are doing. Basically trying to shortcut and cheat their way into the PL, it shouldn’t have been able to get as far as it did really.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Steve Morgan would be a terrific owner for them, better than that American who can't even pay his staff at the main company he owns (which turnovers about £5m a year btw)

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh dear what a terrible debacle exacerbated by liquidators who appear misguided, time wasters, previous owners and people who are only prepared to step in if they can make a quick buck. I do feel for the fans that have done nothing wrong but have been let down badly by time wasters and individuals who are riddled with personal spite and greed.
I think the EFL want to announce next seasons fixtures by 1 July iirc; that is probably the crunch date, if they have no confidence that Derby can fulfil their fixtures then will they promote the next club from Div 2 to Div1 etc etc?

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the EFL want to announce next seasons fixtures by 1 July iirc; that is probably the crunch date, if they have no confidence that Derby can fulfil their fixtures then will they promote the next club from Div 2 to Div1 etc etc?
That’s tricky. Is it whoever finished third in the league or play off runners up ?

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn’t a part of you wish that this bloke took over at at man Yoo?

The last 20 years would have been hilarious
He even managed to blag his way to playing keepy-uppy at a packed OT before the takeover that never happened, & then to inveigle a place on the board when his financial package collapsed. He took over Carlisle & later went on to (disastrously) make himself manager. Just ever so slightly delusional.

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He even managed to blag his way to playing keepy-uppy at a packed OT before the takeover that never happened, & then to a inveigle a place on the board when his financial package collapsed. He took over Carlisle & later went on to (disastrously) make himself manager. Just ever so slightly delusional.
If he was "slightly" delusional l truly dread to think what full on looks like, lol....

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IPO.

Let fans buy their club, and put money where there mouth and become shareholders.

It's been done in other countries, and even Man U shares can be bought on the NYSE.

I wouldn't buy any shares, but I would buy a few K of Wolves equity if for example Fosun wishes to capitalise and float 40- 50% of shares.

Great way to raise capital.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

After the last time the EFL gave them the benefit of the doubt and it proved to have been a sham, I would hope EFL stand by their rules and deadline. If Derby can’t put a deal together for next season before the fixtures need to be finalised, then out of the EFL they go. They’ve had far too many “second” chances to get their house in order.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No Redrow homes in Derby as Morgan pulls out of any potential bid for them.

Back
Top Bottom