Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Palhinha, or a CM of a similar ilk, is required regardless of whether Neves leaves or not. The squad is too small and our lack of depth is a serious issue in midfield, even more so if Moutinho doesn't sign a new deal.

FOSUN can't afford to be complacent this Summer as they have been in previous years, else it's going to be a long season.

If Bruno wants to deploy 3 CMs for example then the only options he'll have are Neves/Palhinha, Moutinho and Dendoncker, with an inexperienced young player in Cundle there to fill in when required. Newcastle away was a prime example of what could happen on a more regular basis if we're not as fortunate with injuries this coming season.
100%! Without additions to this area we’re in a weak position

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed. Before Neves goes we need to sign two midfielders. If Neves goes we need to sign three.

That's the thing isn't..

Imagine Moutinho leaving (More likely as time goes by) and Neves being sold late in the window.
We then go into the season with Dendoncker as our only PL midfielder.
That surely should wake up even the most blinded happy clappers...

And of course it could all be much different and more positive. But we did go into last season with only 3 midfielders so....

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That's the thing isn't..

Imagine Moutinho leaving (More likely as time goes by) and Neves being sold late in the window.
We then go into the season with Dendoncker as our only PL midfielder.
That surely should wake up even the most blinded happy clappers...

And of course it could all be much different and more positive. But we did go into last season with only 3 midfielders so....

TBF I'd be classed as a blinded happy clapper by many on here. I'm not worried. The window isn't open yet and I'll wait to judge based on what they do. But I do think they need to sign at least two mids and probably three.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do not wish to get into any sort of argument and respect other views etc on here but for those saying the window isnt even open yet it means diddly squat. Clubs are still announcing and signing players.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do not wish to get into any sort of argument and respect other views etc on here but for those saying the window isnt even open yet it means diddly squat. Clubs are still announcing and signing players.

I count a whopping 3 deals done so far. 2 for reserve keepers

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just do what I do Jos, have renewed expecting nothing but a relegation battle, assume the transfer window will be nothing more than a disappointment, hope to be amazed but accept the likely, after all will be nothing new.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No they are not. Merely agreements have been reached not one signature.

Just because we haven't doesn't mean we are not working on it.

Yes I realise this is falling on deaf ears

D

Deleted member sbk12944

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No they are not. Merely agreements have been reached not one signature.

Just because we haven't doesn't mean we are not working on it.

Yes I realise this is falling on deaf ears

I am sure I read today that Leeds have completed two signings so far and Newcastle signed a player today. In fact a picture of Newcastle's signing actually signing his contract today!

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not in my lifetime of support, in fact quite a regular occurence.
Fair enough if we are going back some time! I would say it would be the first under Fosun but I think their first season sort of qualifies. If we hadn't gone on that - out of nowhere - winning run, we seemed to be plummeting

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am sure I read today that Leeds have completed two signings so far and Newcastle signed a player today. In fact a picture of Newcastle's signing actually signing his contract today!
We've done the same with Hwang, but I guess that doesn't count

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've done the same with Hwang, but I guess that doesn't count

We did but we announced it in January. Leeds have signed two players so far and both have signed their contracts. It is a myth that the window isnt open. Not saying there have been loads of signings but the date for the opening of the window seemingly has no bearing on clubs being able to announce new signings and players signing the contract.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can guarantee not one signature went on a piece of paper.

But hey... I won't get in the way of you worrying about other teams signings.

Have a great Summer

Can you? There is actually a picture of Newcastle's signing, signing his contract today! The new Leeds signing signed his contract today. It is on their official site.

No worries. You enjoy your summer as well.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We did but we announced it in January. Leeds have signed two players so far and both have signed their contracts. It is a myth that the window isnt open. Not saying there have been loads of signings but the date for the opening of the window seemingly has no bearing on clubs being able to announce new signings and players signing the contract.
So we announced it before the window was open, isn't that what you were bothered by?

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can you? There is actually a picture of Newcastle's signing, signing his contract today! The new Leeds signing signed his contract today. It is on their official site.

That's Matt Targett who has been on loan all last season.
Can't sign until end of June

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t tell Steve Bulls Knee. He believes in myths. He told me the window wasn’t open. I tried to put him straight but got the usual bullying and abuse.
Must be an employee of the club seeing as he hasn’t been banned for persistent infringement of forum rules ??
Or is that a myth ??

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we announced it before the window was open, isn't that what you were bothered by?

It proves that you can announce and players do sign contracts before the window officially opens. Thats all I'm getting at Andy. Its there in proof today if you go and look at both Newcastle and Leeds official sites.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

You know that’s Matt targett, right? On loan there since January , they’ve just completed the signing?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's Matt Targett who has been on loan all last season.
Can't sign until end of June

He has signed his contract though. So has the player who joined Leeds today. It is on both official websites.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am assuming it is the registration of players that cannot be done before the window opens. The contract is between player and owner and could presumably have a clause that refers to the dependence on future registration? I'm just guessing here, does anyone know?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am assuming it is the registration of players that cannot be done before the window opens. The contract is between player and owner and could presumably have a clause that refers to the dependence on future registration? I'm just guessing here, does anyone know?

I would say that if a player has signed a contract then they are obliged to honour it as both Leeds and Newcastle have done today.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It proves that you can announce and players do sign contracts before the window officially opens. Thats all I'm getting at Andy. Its there in proof today if you go and look at both Newcastle and Leeds official sites.

Exactly, so what you're unhappy about wolves not doing, is something wolves have actually done.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Players can sign contracts agree wages and all the perks anytime but the details are only official when the paperwork is submitted to the Premier league when the window opens.

That is what I am trying to get at. Players can sign contracts and be announced as has been proven today. The window not being open, officially, in no way should effect your ability to announce a signing or get a player to sign a contract at this stage as has been proven today.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haven’t Villa signed 4 and Spurs 2?
No doubt 1/2 others too

Yep, Jonzy and in all those cases along with Leeds United's two signings all have signed contracts and been announced by their respective clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom