Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
10 goals this season from the equivalent of 11 full games. A goal every 101 mins.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun have to take a risk

It’s quite clear to get the best price for a player they have to go later in the window

No way we can wait until august to replace him.

Absolutely ludicrous if so

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even the likes of Leeds Signing players for decent money. Palace making bids for players as well. Are we really this tight as a club now?

Kin'ell Jos, give it a rest, still remember you moaning your bag off about Leeds signing Rodrigo for £30m because we hadn't signed anybody at that point. That turned out well.

All in good time. The season is effing ages away, people should relax more rather than getting themselves wound up.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As others have said. How are we meant to be replacing Saiss, Ruddy, Marcal and possibly Moutinho if we have to sell before we buy? Do we just not replace these players or what is the plan? Do we run the risk of reporting back for pre season with a weaker squad than we finished with last season as a result?

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As others have said. How are we meant to be replacing Saiss, Ruddy, Marcal and possibly Moutinho if we have to sell before we buy? Do we just not replace these players or what is the plan? Do we run the risk of reporting back for pre season with a weaker squad than we finished with last season as a result?

Pretty sure that's what's gonna happen, they come back for pre-season in about 4 weeks don't they, can't see us doing much business in that time as players on international duty will be off on holiday

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How are we replacing Saiss, Ruddy and Marcal I ask myself.

Bruno says he wants to replace any player who is leaving + he wants more players as well. I totally understand that, considering we have a paper thin squad and will be able to use 5 substitutes from next season. Trouble is, what Bruno says (just like Nuno) and what Bruno gets are likely to be 2 different things.

If that doesn’t happen there will be a bit of unrest amongst us fans to say the least!
I suspect the board think all 3 of them can be replaced internally if we are to continue with the back 5. Sarkic for ruddy, bueno or giles for marcal, and tote for saiss. Likely means by doing that we save 90k a week on wages as well as each of them was on circa 30k.

Btw i dont advocate this, but second guessing what the thought process is.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm keen to know who the new CB will be? Maguire maybe!!

Last edited:

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't see that.... palhinha won't be on a lot in Portugal.....wages are poor in Portugal relative to the premier league, thats why we can attract them.....guedes is supposedly on decent money at Valencia, we would probably have to make him one of our highest earners .....but his contract is nearly up at Valencia.. ...they will want to cash in......it's always been rumoured that guedes would replace traore and palhinha would replace neves......if either of those players have left before nw both would be at wolves...
I dont know for certain but tax is likely to be a big issue. In financial services italian cities are offering very very good tax deals. So it wouldnt surprise me if thats how roma are attracting players.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suspect the board think all 3 of them can be replaced internally if we are to continue with the back 5. Sarkic for ruddy, bueno or giles for marcal, and tote for saiss. Likely means by doing that we save 90k a week on wages as well as each of them was on circa 30k.

Btw i dont advocate this, but second guessing what the thought process is.

It makes sense too given that out of those players, only Saiss would be a first choice next season. Bruno is also said to want a younger squad.

As you say, save some wages on backup players.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty sure that's what's gonna happen, they come back for pre-season in about 4 weeks don't they, can't see us doing much business in that time as players on international duty will be off on holiday

Lets see how many clubs do business before pre season. I'd like to reckon quite a few will do more than us and a few already have.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the back of my mind there's a growing thought that Neves won't leave this summer. I'm not as wholly comfortable about this as I'd have thought though. I know Ruben will always give his all for us but there's a risk that he won't sign the new contract and next year he'll be sold for a lot less than the £70m we want.

I do think it's in everyone's interest that he moves this summer despite him being the best midfielder in a Wolves shirt in over a generation.

If on the other hand Fosun still invested in midfield and he signed an extended contract I'd be in dreamland.
Or if we had a brilliant season and then he extended?

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That would be another absolutely awful deal

Why the **** we signing wide players .

Reserve GK
CM x2
CB x 2
CF

Nothing else !!!!
He's not the one i'd want but I disagree we don't need some new wide forwards, our current ones don't score

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suppose it is possible that Saiss, Ruddy and Marcal could be replaced by Toti, Sarkic and Giles. Whether that is good enough I am not so sure. Would still leave us needing a centre back, central midfield player and striker though.

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
I really don't know why people get their knickers in such a twist (not just here) over every little 'reported' rumour as if it's gospel. I'm not meaning to knock Talking Wolves, but they are just publishing various bits thst relate to the club they follow - with the intention of earning a living - that must vary to massive degrees in their legitimacy.

The main thing i know about Wolves transfers is that the vast majority get announced with little build up. There are some rumours that come to fruition, but a very small percentage. We'd have a squad of about 40 if we signed the people we are linked to. The one rumour that truly sounds like it has weight is Palinha (sp - i'll check it if we sign him) but i'm not 100% on that.

I still check here like an idiot in case something interesting comes up but my expectation is more that it will just be announced we've signed someone, with a 50/50 chance of it being someone we've been linked with (but there's only a 10% chance of that) - one for the Naked Gun fans there.

It is tedious waiting, but i think a fair bit will happen once the ball starts rolling

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you read the article it actually says Wolves are not thought to be close to any signings yet
That could mean anything,Friday is not close to Wednesday and thats when the window opens lol

not Thought....we all know what THOUGHT means.They know **** all.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You've got to give Liverpool credit. They signed Minamino for £7.25m in January 2020 by triggering a release fee. After two and a half years of being a bit part player and a loan to Southampton they reportedly want £17m. And someone will pay it.

Is he good enough for Wolves? I don't know. I've seen him play occasionally and he looks okay, but is that because he plays with Salah, Mane, Firmino, etc.

Still, it's fun to have a new transfer link.
He was excelent against brazil the other day.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Without buying or selling anyone this summer, we are losing Ruddy, Saiss and Marcal, but gaining, Sarkic, Sanderson, Giles, Bolla, Gibbs-White, Jordao, Corbeanu, Cutrone, Traore and maybe Ronan and Kawebe.

That's a whole team of players that could be part of our squad next season.

Some will be sold, some will be loaned out again, but a lot of their futures won't be decided until at least a few weeks into pre-season.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suppose it is possible that Saiss, Ruddy and Marcal could be replaced by Toti, Sarkic and Giles. Whether that is good enough I am not so sure. Would still leave us needing a centre back, central midfield player and striker though.
RAN
Semedo
Jonny
Hoever
Giles

Not too bad at all that mate.

CM, CB another wide forward and another striker the priority as you, and everyone else, has said, for the last 3 years!

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well for once i agree with Spiers,if theres deals to be done we will do them irrespective of sales
They may not be stellar deals but £20-£30 million is probably available

This is where I totally agree with the Fosun,You can still get very good players for 10-20 million.There is absolutely no need to go for these Stellar deals.Who want massive wages and upsets the changing room.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Wolves to corner the Asia market by taking a S.Korean, Japanese major International players.
All we need is China's best player and maybe India's and Pakistan's top player and we've made it.
Imaging how many E-shirt can be sold on back of this (millions at £9.99 a top) which can then be passed onto Wolves FC and help with the FFP through Fosun Sports.
What visionary thought of this plan.... genius!
There is bound to be a YouTuber that’s half decent at football maybe target them next

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
screams everything we have said,

I hope this doesn't run till August, and Neves goes last week or deadline day.
We should be spending the Neves money first, before we sell. This is absolutely the wrong way to go about it, clubs will know we're desperate and wait as long as they can to offer us low ball fees. Besides, we needed a midfielder anyway, regardless of Neves staying or going. Absolute shambles that we've broken even for the last 3 years and can't afford/won't spend 20m on a player. Can see the excuses already and a long, frustrating window incoming.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should be spending the Neves money first, before we sell. This is absolutely the wrong way to go about it, clubs will know we're desperate and wait as long as they can to offer us low ball fees. Besides, we needed a midfielder anyway, regardless of Neves staying or going. Absolute shambles that we've broken even for the last 3 years and can't afford/won't spend 20m on a player. Can see the excuses already and a long, frustrating window incoming.
Another story today says that we will do just that. I'm too old in the media tooth to believe any wolves story in national media these days. No-one knows diddly.

As for Leeds, they're my absolute relegation bankers for next season. I think they're a really poor team who got lucky a lot this season (albeit not with injuries). I wouldn't have thought spending the Raphinha cash on two Austrian league players - in a gamble that they're the next Haaland and Mane - is too wise.

Palace have also just lost their best player for free. At least us and Leeds will get a pay day for ours!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves to corner the Asia market by taking a S.Korean, Japanese major International players.
All we need is China's best player and maybe India's and Pakistan's top player and we've made it.
Imaging how many E-shirt can be sold on back of this (millions at £9.99 a top) which can then be passed onto Wolves FC and help with the FFP through Fosun Sports.
What visionary thought of this plan.... genius!
You do, l assume, know that for historic reasons there is precious little love between China, Japan and Korea?

D

Deleted member (smith)

We have raised 0, 0,and 0 on the first three…..if the fourth goes we will get 0. So that had nothing to do with raising funds , sell to buy or any of that jargon. It is to do with renewal of the squad, not paying high wages to players in decline and making room for younger players of whom we have many who need an opportunity in the squad.

You know this very well and yet you seem upset that Saiss , Ruddy and Marcal have decided to move on.. perhaps you have no faith in Toti, Mosquera , Hoever , MGW , Cundle, Silva etc.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Without buying or selling anyone this summer, we are losing Ruddy, Saiss and Marcal, but gaining, Sarkic, Sanderson, Giles, Bolla, Gibbs-White, Jordao, Corbeanu, Cutrone, Traore and maybe Ronan and Kawebe.

That's a whole team of players that could be part of our squad next season.

Some will be sold, some will be loaned out again, but a lot of their futures won't be decided until at least a few weeks into pre-season.

That is a good point. I am not saying its going to happen, but would we be that much worse off if we bolstered the squad with;

Sarkic (for Ruddy)
Giles (for Marcel)
Bolla (for Hoever - who is too slow for full back)
Gibbs-White (for Trincao)
Corbeanu
Kawebe

Personally I think Jordao and Corbeanu need loans, and I suspect there is £3m or £4m to me made from Sanderson this year, but that might be chicken feed if he goes to Sunderland, Burnley, or Sheffield U for a good season in the championship.

My own view is Bolla is probably a better wingback prospect than Giles who needs to play further forward and use his excellent crossing ability. I could see Bolla joining the squad and that allows Jonny & RAN to cover the left and Semedo and Bolla to cover the right - I don't think that is much of a downgrade to Marcel.

Losing Ruddy is a big loss from a leadership perspective, but Sarkic at a football level appears to be a capable lad with his excellent performances in the championship. Again, leadership aside, I don't see that particularly weakens the match day squad.

Gibbs-White has to be a major upgrade on Trincao. He is more direct, wants to get involved, has something to prove, and is full of confidence. I think that is a major upgrade. Like others have said, if we were all watching MGW show reel on YouTube in the knowledge that he was joining us for £20m I think most would be happy.

Kawebe is an interesting one. I don't know anything about him, and I suspect we will never see him in a wolves shirt in the Prem. But he has by all accounts had a reasonable season at Grasshoppers and I believe he is a bit more mobile and energetic. If Neves does not go (so we don't have the money) would it really be a problem to add him to the squad to give - Neves, Donk, Moutinho, Cundle, MGW, and Kawebe as the midfield options?

I would not rule out Joe Hodges getting some first team exposure at some point next year. He has really impressed me in the U23's

In reality Adama will go for about £20m and I think they probably have £20m in retained profit - more than enough to buy a target man.

If MGW stays does that remove the need to replace Trincao in the squad with Guedes, and if Neves also stays (unlikely) do they need to go and buy Palinha?

I know they would not be changing the style much with the same players, but if Neves and MGW stay there is no huge sums of money available (but some) but more to the point they don't 'need' to spend if the only objective is to make the top ten.

Personally I think Neves and Adama will go and we may end up with £60m or £70m - I can't see anyone paying more than £50m for a defensive midfielder so talk of £70m for Neves is fantasy if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom