Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Predict one change or innovation in football 10 years from now

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rather than the tedium of extra time being dragged out only to settle the match with a penalty shoot-out a tiger will be introduced to the playing field.
A reason to keep Traore, he could outrun a tiger

modenawolf

Reaction score
As others have mentioned, I can see matches becoming 3 x 30 mins (under the pretence of giving players more rest but in reality to accommodate more advertising etc.).

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As others have mentioned, I can see matches becoming 3 x 30 mins (under the pretence of giving players more rest but in reality to accommodate more advertising etc.).
Doubtless more substitutes too....

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there's some attention already being put onto the stockpiling of players with the changes to the loan rules, but there's still some way to go on this.

The biggest clubs traditionally have the most players and the best youth prospects, but not always a pathway to the first team.

I think eventually, we will see some form of draft system, where top young talent is more evenly distributed, with the hope that it will help more gifted youngsters make the breakthrough.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Emma Hayes would be fully deserving of such an accolade
Its an interesting one with her. Wasnt she angry at the thought that she would leave Chelsea Women to manage AFC Wimbledon (men) a while back? Citing why would that be an upgrade.

I can see her managing England Women in the future but cannot see her coming into the mens game.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MK Dons will become MK City. Totally severing any ties whatsoever with the old Wimbledon. Thus completing Pete Winkleman’s aim of getting his own club safely tucked into the Football League without the need to work their way up through the divisions.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A real longshot - VAR and officials doing its/their job fairly no matter who you are and where you are in the league
Look - this is the innovation prediction thread. Spurious, fictitious, suggestions of that, that have little or no basis in fact, and which have no chance of actually occurring belong on the transfer thread.

T

TheConcourse

I think we’ll see a new league format, which probably looks like the ESL with competing teams building out 2nd tier squads for the Premier League - alongside things like wage caps to keep things semi fair.

I’d love Wolves to introduce two things:

- Some form of training facility in an area that attracts players (Spain/Portugal)

- Introduce another youth team that travels around Europe playing competitive games against big clubs as a way to attract the best young players and a route to the first team

Still feel like there’s a heap of innovation that can give us the edge.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sensor technology for offside is surely the next big thing, although when you consider that some refs struggle to work a pair of headphones, it'll be interesting to see how they'll cope with something so intense.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see relegation playoffs introduced to the PL at some point to replace straight relegation.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Vanorama National League will become ‘League Three’ of the Football League due to most of the teams being full time.

The Play Offs will be extended down to teams finishing 12th, with a mini league format to decide the two finalists. Thus helping prevent pitch invasions.

As above, MK Dons will become MK City.

Drinks breaks at the midway point during each half will be as standard, even during winter.

The U23s league will get more prominence and TV air time… ‘ie, support your teams youngsters’

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
One change (more a personal wish).
From the moment a referee awards a free-kick, corner or throw-in, the penalised team's players are not allowed to touch the ball.
No more picking the ball up, holding on to it, walking away with it, kicking it away etc, and if they do, an automatic yellow card for the player concerned.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its an interesting one with her. Wasnt she angry at the thought that she would leave Chelsea Women to manage AFC Wimbledon (men) a while back? Citing why would that be an upgrade.

I can see her managing England Women in the future but cannot see her coming into the mens game.
I certainly can't see any female manager jumping from the WSL straight to the EPL. If she believes that could happen she will be very disappointed.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MK Dons will become MK City. Totally severing any ties whatsoever with the old Wimbledon. Thus completing Pete Winkleman’s aim of getting his own club safely tucked into the Football League without the need to work their way up through the divisions.

Given his sympathies, it might become MK Wanderers..

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There will be some tinkering with offside rule for sure
Maybe a 25 yard line where you cant be offside?
VAR will be further implemented and messed about with,and they will still get it wrong in this country
Golden Goal will be reintroduced for extra time cup game deciders
Sensors in the ball may be too expensive but worth exploring

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be against that to be honest especially if backed up with a stop clock when the ball isn’t “live” so we genuinely get 90 mins of football.
I’m willing to bet that no game in the world has ever had 90 actual minutes of football. That’s not what the 90 mins are for. The length of a game inc all the fart arsing around is 90 mins. Football is between 55 and 65 mins (at a guess) and always has been.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps more in hope than anything -

But my one is that VAR will be removed by vote. The more it trickles down the leagues. The more it becomes visible for paying fans. The more universal its hatred will become.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m willing to bet that no game in the world has ever had 90 actual minutes of football. That’s not what the 90 mins are for. The length of a game inc all the fart arsing around is 90 mins. Football is between 55 and 65 mins (at a guess) and always has been.
It’s definitely less minutes in play than 20 years ago with the sheer amount of time spent on throw ins, fake head injuries and the new favourite of wining teams players getting cramp on 75 mins in December (the latter only used to be a thing in world cups into extra time)

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s definitely less minutes in play than 20 years ago with the sheer amount of time spent on throw ins, fake head injuries and the new favourite of wining teams players getting cramp on 75 mins in December (the latter only used to be a thing in world cups into extra time)
I do wonder, with the proliferation of substitutes, whether players are trained, including fitness, to go all out for 60-70 mins with a view to then being replaced. If, due to injuries etc, they have to play longer that might cause issues....

You see the same, in a more extreme form, in rugby union.

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be against that to be honest especially if backed up with a stop clock when the ball isn’t “live” so we genuinely get 90 mins of football.
I'm not sure about 90 minutes football. The match from start to finish would probably be two and a half hours. Think it's more likely to go to 2 x 30 mins with the clock stopped whenever the ball is dead. Can't see anything against it really. That and the strict interpretation of the 6 second goalkeeping rule would eliminate time wasting immediately.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
end of ban of 3pm kickoffs being televised, all matches available to watch

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Fifa announce that future World Cups will have both male and female teams, coefficients and hard cash will determine qualification with an equal number of teams qualifying from each federation.

The host "country" on a permanent basis will be the new Fifa owners, the United Oil States of the Middle East.

No fans will be allowed to travel to the indoor super-stadiums as there will be no need because all games will be broadcast in 100K virtual reality across the globe. Access to the state of the art air-conditioned venues will be restricted to Fifa delegates, Global Corporations and 100 specially selected orphans from war torn and poverty stricken hot spots around the world.

Due to the high cost of travel via solar powered airplanes all players will be offered the option to play remotely from the comfort of their Fifa endorsed Tesla Gaming Chair.

The Rolex, Exxon, Apple, Alibaba, Gestifute World Cup Trophy will be presented to each of the qualifiers to share in turn for the interim period between the 2032 and 2033 tournaments.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure about 90 minutes football. The match from start to finish would probably be two and a half hours. Think it's more likely to go to 2 x 30 mins with the clock stopped whenever the ball is dead. Can't see anything against it really. That and the strict interpretation of the 6 second goalkeeping rule would eliminate time wasting immediately.
You may well be right... Given the increasing Americanisation how long before each manager has one or two time-outs per half too.....

Back
Top Bottom