Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Predict one change or innovation in football 10 years from now

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As the season is now over and all there seems to be is usual transfer tittle tattle I thought I'd start a thread to offer a little distraction.

Predict one thing that will be introduced into football ten years from now. It could be fun or serious. Maybe a change in the laws. New technology. A different structure to the football pyramid. Anything you like.

If you are proven correct your prize will be a general sense of smugness richly deserved.

My prediction is that at least five home matches for each Premier League club will be meat free. That's right ladies and gentlemen, they're coming for your meat pies.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As the season is now over and all there seems to be is usual transfer tittle tattle I thought I'd start a thread to offer a little distraction.

Predict one thing that will be introduced into football ten years from now. It could be fun or serious. Maybe a change in the laws. New technology. A different structure to the football pyramid. Anything you like.

If you are proven correct your prize will be a general sense of smugness richly deserved.

My prediction is that at least five home matches for each Premier League club will be meat free. That's right ladies and gentlemen, they're coming for your meat pies.

Rolling subs and all 25 players involved on a Matchday like American sports. Defending a corner you bring on massive defenders, win a free kick within range on comes the ward prowse type etc

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No linesmen/assistant referees/whatever. All done by extended VAR tech.

#Gamesgone

There will be a point with a sensor in the ball and all down the lines to call offsides.

It will definitely happen at some point.

Oh and it will all be moved to streaming channel or medium.

Not sure the ref will ever get replaced though.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Innovation within the next 10 years…. Wolves will sign a defender and a midfielder ;)

Seriously though…. I wonder how long it’ll be before the matches are split into thirds or quarters… extended time for TV ad breaks

With VAR not going away I also expect each team to have one or two appeals/challenges where decisions can be reviewed (a bit like cricket)

Also perhaps POV (point of view cameras). So the person at home can watch via their choice of player… perhaps the goalkeeper or penalty taker

EDIT: Sorry, I didn’t stick to one. If I have to pick one I’ll go for the VAR appeals/reviews

Last edited:

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Make the goals wider and higher.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves ko time moved to 9am to suit our growing Asian fanbase. Meanwhile the Molineux is knocked down to make way for a University outdoor play zone, and Wolves games are moved into an empty store in the manner centre, with augmented cgi, that takes attendance to 100,000.

meeee67

Reaction score
Carrier bags will still be worth 10p....

binners

Reaction score
90 minutes of actual football. Clock will stop as soon as ball is out of play and start again. Free kicks against goalkeepers who control the ball with hands for more that the 7 seconds in the rule book

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Deressingly, There will undoubtedy be a super league of some form - either a breakaway of 12 or 16 clubs playing in a separate league or the champions league is re-arranged so that Europes big 16 always qualify for the group stages and there are only 16 other places available across Europe based on merit :(

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Orange card leading to sin bin
Can't see this happening, simply because the temporary absence of a player does not have the same impact in football as it does in rugby. I would however like to see something to truly punish the "professional foul" where the, often seen, cynicaly "taken" yellow card seems to suggest the punishment is not enough to deter behaviour that is totally against the spirit of the games rules. It might also help if such behaviour was not actually condoned by commentators and pundits, when undertaken by their favourite players / teams at least.

Soho Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Auto VAR. But certain referees will still be able to overrule decisions. Guess which decisions?

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think the Super league will happen, everyone will be bored to death of paying through the nose (that is if you can still afford electricity because it's gone through the roof, to compensate the government losing petrol tax revenue because you can only buy electric cars by then) to the TV companies, to see which order the Sky 6 will come in this year. 7th place will be considered the real champions from the legacy fans. So there won't be too much obstruction to see them all leave and form their own league with the other perpetual European league champions.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 x 20 minutes of play with 5 minutes team talks (all to allow Ad breaks in), the clock will stop when ball is out of play/a foul is committed so you get 20 minutes of play.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Medical advances are such that certain players have bionic implants so that they literally have a foot like a traction engine which produce cannonball shots

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
breaks every 10 minutes to let the players recover, whilst there is some on pitch entertainment

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2 referees.

One in each half to keep up with play unlike Jon Moss and Lee Mason!

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rather than the tedium of extra time being dragged out only to settle the match with a penalty shoot-out a tiger will be introduced to the playing field.

Is the tiger wearing a special outfit?

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the offside and hand ball rules will be tinkered with again making them more complicated and difficult to understand, but will still be applied as inconsistently as before

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rather than the tedium of extra time being dragged out only to settle the match with a penalty shoot-out a tiger will be introduced to the playing field.
what position would it play

Back
Top Bottom