Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hwang

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
To save time and space on this thread can I suggest we introduce a simple tick box sheet for each player rumoured to be joining us.

I have drafted some questions based on recent responses on here, perhaps you could add your own.

□ Too old
□ Too slow
□ Too small, we will be the 7 dwarfs fgs
□ Too tall, reminds me of maerhoffer
□ Too expensive, for us
□ Doesn't speak Portugese and hasn't been on holiday there recently
□ Heard his missus wouldn't be seen dead shopping in the Mander centre
□ Not Chinese, Korean, or Vietnamese
□ Heard he might prefer a move to Villa (or was it, wants to live in a Villa, either way avoid)
I was gonna say "no resale value". But guess that fits into "too old".

Just a phrase that grinds my gears on here, as not every player has to turn a profit, sometimes, a la Moutinho, you bring someone is because they are around the peak of their career

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama got far more abuse than Hwang on here.
Sorry, but he really hasn’t….

Who has called Adama the worst signing we have ever made? Or the worst player to wear the shirt?

Adama has many many many more supporters and is supported still even though he has; quit on the team mid season by actively pushing to leave for Barca on terms that we’re crap for us and refused to sign a contract.

To say adama has ever had it as bad as hwang gets on here is bloody deluded

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Oh look he’s scored . Let’s extend his contract by 10 years
Man......give the guy a break. Seems he can't do anything right. This poster hates Hwang like no other. Any other Wolves player and there would be joy and celebrations for this fantastic goal. Instead of pride all we get is cynism. I don't get it.
Haters like this is the monkey on his back......

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That goal is exactly like when he I saw him play for Salzburg.
Fast, direct and extremely dangerous close to the area.

PL might still be a step too far, but I also still think we need to utilise his skills better. There's a decent player there.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"He used to be ****e,
But now he's alright,
Walking in a Hwang wonderland..."

Any chance we'll sing this song next season? Personally like nothing better than when players Ive written off changes my opinion.
As a Wolves since 1989, its happened quite a lot..

But of course many times over they looked bad from the beginning to the end of their Wolves career...

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good goal to be fair. Not sure where that’s been all season for us
He had the best shot to goal ratio in the squad……

He scored a very good goal against Newcastle and his finish against arsenal was a lot harder than it looks.

He also had most of our shots on target against Liverpool, the save at the end of the first half by Alison would have beaten many other keepers.

If hwang had the sitters adama missed at the start of the season, I am fairly confident Hwang scores or at least hits the target.

Hwang has more goal involvements this season and is getting slaughtered by so many on here despite his stats being MUCH better than 3 of adama’s three seasons and he is beloved and so many failings excused or shifted to others.

Hwang is also scoring and assisting on the international stage…. Adama cannot make the same brag…..

wish people would leave hwang alone or give him the time to find some fitness after a big chunk of time lost to covid and injury.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Credit where it is due. That was a good goal.

Playing in a position that he hardly ever is in for us, which may be part of it. Not just him, is it, that struggles when played out of their best position, because we have this rigid "well organised" structure that even applies to attacking. Jota, MGW.. possibly even Adama, though nobody has ever found quite the correct position for him!

Hwangs control looked good enough, too. Maybe his confidence has gone playing for us? Towards the end, commentaters were mentioning you could hear "noise" (i.e. moans and groans) from the crowd when he got the ball.

This guy was on the radar of the big clubs only a couple of years ago. For what he was actually doing at Champions League level. Not some nebulous "future potential" based on Porto Under 16's or the French 4th divsion. :) Obviously, that interest declined, but it's this ridiculous polarisation that he's accused of the worst player ever.

A fair few have gone from zeros to heros - Coady, for one. Also recall Jody Craddock getting some vile abuse originally. Semedo, Donk, Traore, Fabio, all have been derided. But Hwang has been the worst, I think. Semedo's got bad last season, could see it building. Maybe anger at the clubs general stagnation triggers it? The way it escalated so fast and is at a point where to many, it is a fact that he can do nothing right. Just hope his confidence doesn't get shot to the point he has to go somewhere else as though not a world beater, I reckon there is a player who could be useful to the non-Sky 6 level clubs in there.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That goal is exactly like when he I saw him play for Salzburg.
Fast, direct and extremely dangerous close to the area.

PL might still be a step too far, but I also still think we need to utilise his skills better. There's a decent player there.

Just maybe that's why Bruno plays him? Because whatever their other strengths and weaknesses, I can't see Fabio, Podence (or Adama) ever scoring a goal like that. Trincao maybe, if he could be bothered.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will be like a new signing next year :p,

options within and all all that ****e

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too many fans (not just our own) make their mind up on a player and draw a line in the sand and aren’t able to admit they’re wrong. It’s like there’s still football fans who will say Henderson at Liverpool is rubbish because he had a slow start to his Liverpool career.

Hwang isn’t Messi, of that we can all agree but some of the stuff said about him when he was in dreadful form and confidence (both of which happen to all players at some point) was ridiculous. Saying he’s championship level at best etc. Though it was said by the same folk who still want to believe Doherty is better than Semedo

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too many fans (not just our own) make their mind up on a player and draw a line in the sand and aren’t able to admit they’re wrong. It’s like there’s still football fans who will say Henderson at Liverpool is rubbish because he had a slow start to his Liverpool career.

Hwang isn’t Messi, of that we can all agree but some of the stuff said about him when he was in dreadful form and confidence (both of which happen to all players at some point) was ridiculous. Saying he’s championship level at best etc. Though it was said by the same folk who still want to believe Doherty is better than Semedo

More sloppy than Messi

Japan Wulf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Man......give the guy a break. Seems he can't do anything right. This poster hates Hwang like no other. Any other Wolves player and there would be joy and celebrations for this fantastic goal. Instead of pride all we get is cynism. I don't get it.
He's been poor for a while, no mistake, but so have a lot of the others.
So yeah, give the guy a break.
A good pre-season and who knows? It would also help if we utilized his stronger attributes in a better way; perhaps a revamped midfield might help with that.
Live in hope.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

People are also just far too dramatic and sensationalist.

It's never "Hwang had a bad game today, to go with his recent poor form", it's "he's the worst footballer I've ever seen". It's never "Hwang had some really bad first touched today", it's "Hwang literally does not know how to control the ball".

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People are also just far too dramatic and sensationalist.

It's never "Hwang had a bad game today, to go with his recent poor form", it's "he's the worst footballer I've ever seen". It's never "Hwang had some really bad first touched today", it's "Hwang literally does not know how to control the ball".
I think it’s a social media thing. Folk get too wound up and then can’t back down or you have the clowns who just say something an extreme to get a “bite”

Jericho

Reaction score
What beaut of a goal. Mustn't say much for Chile since he's so sh*te.

I love the guy, I'm guilty of thinking we'd finally replaced Jota at the start of the season. Another player who in his last season for Wolves couldn't do anything right. Look where he is now.

Last edited:

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Here's proof that Hwang CAN trap a ball, get it under control, run with it and strike it with power and accurately. It's a beautiful GOAL that he created and finished superbly.
No luck involved or was it a jammy tap-in. Certainly not something a ridiculous hating poster's mother could do either.
It's a firm two fingers from Hwang to those who have been taking the **** out of him.
Hwang can't say it but I will... "up yours xxxxxxx! "
Well done Hwang!!!

Darren M (Dazza)

Reaction score
Great goal, more from him to come. The hwang song will get going again like Palace away, it did not stop :)

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He had the best shot to goal ratio in the squad……

He scored a very good goal against Newcastle and his finish against arsenal was a lot harder than it looks.

He also had most of our shots on target against Liverpool, the save at the end of the first half by Alison would have beaten many other keepers.

If hwang had the sitters adama missed at the start of the season, I am fairly confident Hwang scores or at least hits the target.

Hwang has more goal involvements this season and is getting slaughtered by so many on here despite his stats being MUCH better than 3 of adama’s three seasons and he is beloved and so many failings excused or shifted to others.

Hwang is also scoring and assisting on the international stage…. Adama cannot make the same brag…..

wish people would leave hwang alone or give him the time to find some fitness after a big chunk of time lost to covid and injury.
Stats are *******s

One game off his knee

Two against Newcastle should have been saved

Goal at arsenal you would be expecting a premier league striker to finish it

LosgallardosWolf

Reaction score
I've only read the first two pages of this thread. And I'm not normally a snowflake about this kind of thing, but this is pretty distasteful. You really need to have a look at yourselves. Yes, it's not worked out and he hasn't been great after a promising start. But it isn't as tho the bloke isn't trying, he's just not good enough for where we are. Your vitriol should be aimed at the recruitment team for getting him and the manager for persisting with him, rather than the player himself. What's he going to do? Say "No boss, I'm not good enough to be playing!"

This thread is pretty embarrassing really.
Well when I posted the original piece it wasn't meant to be embarrassing, just passing on what I've read

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stats are *******s

One game off his knee

Oh so we can only rate him if he scores worldies? I mean it’s definitely his fault the Newcastle keeper didn’t save them and his fault that the goal against Arsenal other forwards would score.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here's proof that Hwang CAN trap a ball, get it under control, run with it and strike it with power and accurately. It's a beautiful GOAL that he created and finished superbly.
No luck involved or was it a jammy tap-in. Certainly not something a ridiculous hating poster's mother could do either.
It's a firm two fingers from Hwang to those who have been taking the **** out of him.
Hwang can't say it but I will... "up yours xxxxxxx! "
Well done Hwang!!!

Yeah this. A goal in a friendly against Chile definitely trumps the 20+ abject displays for us. Consider me told.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stats are *******s

One game off his knee

Stats aren’t *******s mate, because they don’t suit your blind hatred of a player…..

The one off his knee… did he get into position to score it? Did anyone else score a real poachers goal this season?

To then reduce his Newcastle goals to should have been saved….. they weren’t and they were good finishes. But that doesn’t suit your agenda…..

From that angle and the little amount of time he had it was a good finish. We saw Raul, adama, trincao and others miss far simpler chances……

But hey ho stats and ACTUALLY Putting the ball in the net which many in our squad struggle to do is *******s eh????

Stop it now, the hatred for hwang and putting down what he actually did when you are a cheerleader for adama who contributes far less and doesn’t want to be here is comical…. If adama had better stats you would ram them down peoples throats, BUT he doesn’t…..

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Yeah this. A goal in a friendly against Chile definitely trumps the 20+ abject displays for us. Consider me told.
You man are his top hater. I was just waiting for you to answer with such a reply. Can't help yourself can you? With fans like you who needs trolls? You and your other haters are a disgrace to true supporters. Always finding ways to take the pee, be negative or abusive to the owners or certain players. Go and find yourself a shrink cos there is something seriously wrong with you.
This is a fan site of a football club - not a hate or stir the xxxx site.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well when I posted the original piece it wasn't meant to be embarrassing, just passing on what I've read
That's fair, haven't seen any sources since though. I think because the thread was made the day after the defeat at Liverpool when Hwang was particularly poor, everyone was up for some light ribbing and **** taking, but now a couple of weeks on the initial post-match frustrations have died down and some are prepared to see what he can do next season.

You man are his top hater. I was just waiting for you to answer with such a reply. Can't help yourself can you? With fans like you who needs trolls? You and your other haters are a disgrace to true supporters. Always finding ways to take the pee, be negative or abusive to the owners or certain players. Go and find yourself a shrink cos there is something seriously wrong with you.
You appear to be taking this very personally. You're the one saying "up yours xxxxxxx!" to posters and getting heated about other people's opinions. Telling someone to go and see a shrink over a pretty benign comment is silly.

I saw in another thread you were saying Raul is past it and can't do anything anymore, which is very much negative and not supportive at all.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

No hate from me. Simply judging him on performance which so far has been extremely poor. If he plays well i shall say so.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
That's fair, haven't seen any sources since though. I think because the thread was made the day after the defeat at Liverpool when Hwang was particularly poor, everyone was up for some light ribbing and **** taking, but now a couple of weeks on the initial post-match frustrations have died down and some are prepared to see what he can do next season.

You appear to be taking this very personally. You're the one saying "up yours xxxxxxx!" to posters and getting heated about other people's opinions. Telling someone to go and see a shrink over a pretty benign comment is silly.

I saw in another thread you were saying Raul is past it and can't do anything anymore, which is very much negative and not supportive at all.
Raul has been a great player for us and thankfully is rarely criticised. But he is the blue-eyed boy. Hwang is starting his career with us and is battered left, right and center. Just don't like ppl laying into those who don't deserve it with foul abuse and cynical ridicule. Hwang is human and I am compationate as we all should be.
Fair critism, backed up with good examples is par for the course. But there are those who are pushing it with every post. Ridicule and abuse is unacceptable.

Last edited:

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is the challenge of buying players early in their career or where they have gone under the radar. You pay a relatively small amount, some come off and some don't.

For £14m or what ever it is, he has potential to be a very good buy - one we either make money on or he scores a fair amount of goals. But what you are buying is a probability, a chance, that he may come good. He has a good profile - international, scored goals elsewhere, strong enough for the Prem, relatively quick, about the right age etc.

If you want a higher probability that a player will come good generally you have to pay more - like the £190m package City have put together for Haaland.

What Jeff is always looking for is those bargains - those like when Leicester paid £5.6m for Kante or £450k for Mahrez.

I think Hwang needs to get a rest, have a good pre-season, build his confidence back and most important - he needs better more attacking players around him and he will be fine for the money we paid.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Raul has been a great player for us and thankfully is rarely criticised. But he is the blue-eyed boy. Hwang is starting his career with us and is battered left, right and center. Just don't like ppl laying into those who don't deserve it with foul abuse and cynical ridicule. Hwang is human and I am compationate as we all should be.
Fair critism, backed up with good examples is par for the course. But there are those who are pushing it with every post. Ridicule and abuse is unacceptable.
Disagree there. Raul's received a lot of flak this season which you could say isn't fair after his injury. Saying he's done and can't do anything anymore isn't objective criticism.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Disagree there. Raul's received a lot of flak this season which you could say isn't fair after his injury. Saying he's done and can't do anything anymore isn't objective criticism.
How many threads on this site has Raul got vs Hwang? How long has Raul been with Wolves vs Hwang? Does Raul have a thread that says "Please don't buy Hwang"? After barely half a season with us?
Pal - there is no comparison.
Raul is an established player but Hwang is a new recruit. The volume of comments were way out of proportion to his standing in the team.
On the subject of Raul - was great but past it now. His performances and stats don't lie. Would love it if he could return to his best next season and prove me wrong. Was one of my favorite players of the Fosun era.
I comment based on the proof that I see but do not do it in a disrespectful nor abusive way.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How many threads on this site has Raul got vs Hwang? How long has Raul been with Wolves vs Hwang? Does Raul have a thread that says "Please don't buy Hwang"? After barely half a season with us?
Raul is an established player but Hwang is a new recruit. The volume of comments were way out of proportion to his standing in the team.
On the subject of Raul - was great but past it now. His performances and stats don't lie. Would love it if he could return to his best next season and prove me wrong. Was one of my favorite players of the Fosun era.
I comment based on the proof that I see but do not do it in a disrespectful nor abusive way.
Not that many threads tbh, this one was created based on a rumour another team was interested. The please don’t sign him one was silly I agree as we had already made it permanent.

Anyway, the ridiculing appears to have died down now and most are willing to give him another chance next season based on recent posts in here.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get your point to a degree, and you can see a few pages back that I thought Hwang would be an okay squad player.

However, I do think you're going a bit over the top. Firstly, Raul has plenty of credit in the bank, so it's not really comparable. If Hwang had done anything for us, then you would have a point.

So, isn't it down to him to fight for that reputation?

We have a player here who we are going to pay millions of pounds over the course of his contract, so the idea that we have to pretend he's good or something isn't right IMO.

The general situation of the club doesn't help, which isn't his fault. But when you aren't going to have a net spend, every deal gets more scrutinised and that in turn puts more of a spotlight on the player. A lot of the criticism on here is to those who signed him as much as it is Hwang.

Then, onto Hwang. Is he committed enough? I'm not sure. He's very weak, he often stays down when he shouldn't, including a few times when we've been on the attack!

Next, you have the ridiculous things he does. I believe they cloud the overall opinion of Hwang but you can't defend some of the things. Like Liverpool away when he slides when he doesn't need to and can't keep the ball in. A Sunday league player genuinely wouldn't have done that. He also ran the ball out of play. This is clearly down to concentration as they're such basic mistakes.

So, it's a two-way street. Some of the fans are excessive but Hwang needs to do more and I don't even mean in terms of scoring goals. He can cut the diving out straight away and he can ensure he doesn't make the stupid mistakes he has made.

I firmly believe everyone will be giving a clean slate by the support for pre-season, so it's on Hwang now really.

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Is he great? No. Is his first touch great? No. Can he score? Yes Great goal - let's see some of those next year.

My only problem with Hwang (apart from some poor performances late season post-injury) is that for a big strong lad he falls over far too easily and feigns serious injury when only his pride is hurt. Needs senior players to have a word in his ear (although it is a trend I have noted in more of our lads in recent years - disappointing. Have a word Conor!)

Back
Top Bottom