Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the deal is done why would we have to wait for outgoings from a paper thin squad to be finalised before announcing it? There may well be a deal in place, I know **** all, that just makes no sense.
Optics. The fume when we all have to finally deal with the idea that Neves is off, then help mitigate that with a big signing.
And of course, knowing the fee for him is as good as banked/on books before conforming spending a wedge.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, when my children ask why they didn't get presents from santa I tell them the elves asked for €45 and I only offered €35...I tried! Honest!
Well if you’re comparing buying international footballers from top European sides, to buying **** from Toys R Us, then I praise the baby Jesus that you’re not in charge of Wolves finances.

koplex

Groupie
Reaction score
Optics. The fume when we all have to finally deal with the idea that Neves is off, then help mitigate that with a big signing.
And of course, knowing the fee for him is as good as banked/on books before conforming spending a wedge.
My thoughts too.

Not saying its true, just that I'd heard similar rumours to Andy (though maybe not the same player?).

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well if you’re comparing buying international footballers from top European sides, to buying **** from Toys R Us, then I praise the baby Jesus that you’re not in charge of Wolves finances.
Yes, we know making up that 10m difference in buying one player will surely make Wolves "pull a Leeds" and end up back in division 3! :eek: Do not pass go, do not collect 200 quid, go straight to League One! Right on :)

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why so cryptic? Just tell us who it is if you have actual knowledge.

If it’s anything, I agree with Seferovic but I’m not convinced the original poster is ITK

He's waiting till it's announced by wolves,and then he'll say that's the one. :p

Yout85's alter ego

Guys, come on. @AndyWolves has attempted to appease/reassure some of the pant wetters who are worried that Villa have signed 3 and we've signed no one, by passing on info that he believes is reliable, that we've already got someone lined up and ready to be announced. What does he get?.... the usual cycle of "banter" we get every window that resurfaces when someone sticks their head in the firing line.

He's been around this board a fair bit and I don't recall him having a history of making attention seeking statements. For whatever reason @AndyWolves clearly doesn't want to say who it is.

Far too many decent posters have gone or choose not to post now due to similar feedback, can we not just take the info provided and leave it at that? God forbid, just wait until the window opens and see what happens.

NothingButNeto

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Guys, come on. @AndyWolves has attempted to appease/reassure some of the pant wetters who are worried that Villa have signed 3 and we've signed no one, by passing on info that he believes is reliable, that we've already got someone lined up and ready to be announced. What does he get?.... the usual cycle of "banter" we get every window that resurfaces when someone sticks their head in the firing line.

He's been around this board a fair bit and I don't recall him having a history of making attention seeking statements. For whatever reason @AndyWolves clearly doesn't want to say who it is.

Far too many decent posters have gone or choose not to post now due to similar feedback, can we not just take the info provided and leave it at that? God forbid, just wait until the window opens and see what happens.
I’ll be the first to acknowledge and appreciate anyone with any real and reliable information. I consistently applaud and thank @Cornwall Wolf who has proven to be a reliable source.

The issue is there are too many attention seeking fake journos here and on twitter, so I’ve made it my mission to call out these individuals to end the facade of being in the know.

@AndyWolves claimed that (1) we have already made a signing, (2) that the signing was already mentioned on this thread as a potential signing and (3) that we wouldn’t be impressed. Given all that, why not go the step further and tell us who it is, if they actually know? It’s not like his source would be revealed given the public knowledge. We are all active reviewers of this thread because we want to know what’s happening with our club before the wider public knows.

Instead it seems that @AndyWolves and those like him are just using our desires to be relatively in the know for their own perceived gain.

If I am wrong about @AndyWolves or anyone else in the thread I will be the first to admit it and apologize.

My goal is certainly not to prevent people from sharing news here, I just want to avoid wannabes and attention seekers from taking advantage of me and the other members of this forum.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll be the first to acknowledge and appreciate anyone with any real and reliable information. I consistently applaud and thank @Cornwall Wolf who has proven to be a reliable source.

The issue is there are too many attention seeking fake journos here and on twitter, so I’ve made it my mission to call out these individuals to end the facade of being in the know.

@AndyWolves claimed that (1) we have already made a signing, (2) that the signing was already mentioned on this thread as a potential signing and (3) that we wouldn’t be impressed. Given all that, why not go the step further and tell us who it is, if they actually know? It’s not like his source would be revealed given the public knowledge. We are all active reviewers of this thread because we want to know what’s happening with our club before the wider public knows.

Instead it seems that @AndyWolves and those like him are just using our desires to be relatively in the know for their own perceived gain.

If I am wrong about @AndyWolves or anyone else in the thread I will be the first to admit it and apologize.

My goal is certainly not to prevent people from sharing news here, I just want to avoid wannabes and attention seekers from taking advantage of me and the other members of this forum.
Surely the purpose of forums is to discuss events, developments and offer views on news and rumours. How is someone posting in good faith, a snippet that they have heard from an apparently reliable source, "taking advantage" of other Mixers? If your threshold was to be applied across the board this would be a boring, tedious and horribly sterile place. I am mystified too about what you believe anyone might gain from sharing such information.

D

Deleted member (smith)

Surely the purpose of forums is to discuss events, developments and offer views on news and rumours. How is someone posting in good faith, a snippet that they have heard from an apparently reliable source, "taking advantage" of other Mixers? If your threshold was to be applied across the board this would be a boring, tedious and horribly sterile place. I am mystified too about what you believe anyone might gain from sharing such information.

sadly you are correct…
this whole thread is not about news it’s about rumours and opinions and likely guesswork as the club reveal nothing. So the choice is to revel in all the nonsense or wait until actual news is revealed. no need to worry too much about reliable rumours , unreliable rumours or speculation or chastise others for being gullible or wums…it’s a clear choice of read it or Ignore it.

NothingButNeto

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The issue is whether such poster is actually posting in good faith. Take a look at the #wwfc feed on Twitter and you’ll see plenty of posters making transfer rumors up for whatever gain that the short attention gets them.

This thread is exactly for the sharing of information related to transfers in and out of the club. These rumors usually come from journalists/agents/players and posters (like myself) try to post these sources. Our goal is the sharing of knowledge.

Occasionally this thread is blessed with people actually in the know, who share this information to keep fans apprised of developments within the club (usually because they are fans themselves). No one asks them to reveal their sources, but they have a history of speaking the truth.

Again, if @AndyWolves is one of these individuals, I will be the first to apologize and thank him for the information.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think the point is, exercising some due diligence first before jumping to the calling them out posts. You mention twitter yourself.... what do you do when you see some transfer news on twitter - take it face value or at least make an attempt to see how may followers they have, look at their recent posts etc for BS quota and arrive at your own conclusions? Can we at least not try to exercise some of the same thought process first before "calling them out".

If you don't like attention seeking posts or don't want to be taken advantage of, what's the best thing to do............ DON'T GIVEN THEM THE ATTENTION THEY ARE SEEKING by replying and do your own due diligence first on whether the info might be decent or not!

NothingButNeto

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think the point is, exercising some due diligence first before jumping to the calling them out posts. You mention twitter yourself.... what do you do when you see some transfer news on twitter - take it face value or at least make an attempt to see how may followers they have, look at their recent posts etc for BS quota and arrive at your own conclusions? Can we at least not try to exercise some of the same thought process first before "calling them out".

If you don't like attention seeking posts or don't want to be taken advantage of, what's the best thing to do............ DON'T GIVEN THEM THE ATTENTION THEY ARE SEEKING by replying and do your own due diligence first on whether the info might be decent or not!
I think you’ll see from my twitter feed that I call out fake journos and ITKs as well. The difference here is that it’s harder to determine on this platform is this person is a bull****er or actually has information (whether from an inside source or the chef at the mount).

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you’ll see from my twitter feed that I call out fake journos and ITKs as well. The difference here is that it’s harder to determine on this platform is this person is a bull****er or actually has information (whether from an inside source or the chef at the mount).
Thanks. I block them when you point it out.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Animated GIF

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I have to ask whether I need a self appointed individual to police / call out what people choose to post on this forum on my behalf. My initial thought is I am big enough and old enough to make my own decisions what I read and don't need your help to make my own mind up regarding validity or not. This may come as a shock but I like the snippets / rumours etc - it takes away from what otherwise will be a very boring close season talking about club membership schemes / will they wont they develop the ground and the new kit colour and why its too yellow or too orange.

Your goal might not be to prevent people sharing news but ultimately it does and this is following the usual pattern, where someone posts something only to be "called out" by another forum member as though they are are some sort of crusading angel coming in to save the day. We have lost some pretty good posters because of this in the past - that's a shame.

I am having difficulty understanding what exactly you perceive the posters “gain“ that you talk about, to be? Apart from numerous posts begging to know more and grief from others its hard to see what the original poster gets other than hassle.

Last edited:

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Mine was more tongue in cheek. :p I don't mind hearsay and I'm probably in agreement with him.That someone is ready to sign on the dotted line.But Friday will be the earliest day we COULD hear something POSITIVE.We ay a villa,Newcastle etc that spout ar business to all and sundry.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seferovic linked today for 8 mill euros

If the club are confident he is over his injury issues from this season then for 8mil euros he would make solid target man option to throw on, also knows how Lage wants to play so would settle in quicker. Might just be a link because of him and Lage meeting up recently

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I am not in the know .. just post what I hear .. reference the imminent signing I have no idea but have 2 guesses
Andre Almeida as I know he was the further forward in negotiations but not settled
2nd would be Musrati simply because he was allowed to Libyian traing camp to sort his future out
But as I said these are just guesses
And as an aside Villa have not signed anyone yet . They have deals done but until the window opens and the deals are registered they are not Villa players

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am not in the know .. just post what I hear .. reference the imminent signing I have no idea but have 2 guesses
Andre Almeida as I know he was the further forward in negotiations but not settled
2nd would be Musrati simply because he was allowed to Libyian traing camp to sort his future out
And as an aside Villa have not signed anyone yet . They have deals done but until the window opens and the deals are registered they are not Villa players
Almeida would make sense TBH, if we go for musrati, surely that would mean we have passed on palinha

binners

Reaction score
Summer transfer thread just won't be the same when we start signing players. I'll miss the days when we'd all be sat on the bog having a ****, moaning about our lack of transfer activity.
And I thought sitting on the bog taking a dump was transfer activity

NothingButNeto

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thanks, @Cornwall Wolf. Have you heard anything new?

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Plan A and B, nice and early, in a vital position.

But of course, we’re clueless.
Depends if plan A and B are 3rd/4th choice and just the cheap options?

It’s quite easy to get players in nobody else wants, it’s the good players that people want that cost the money and take time generally.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which is why I prefer us not to be "linked" to anyone. I'd rather just know after the deal is really done.

Agents don't have to spill it to the press for other teams to know what's happening. I don't think PSG will look at players because we was linked with them either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom