Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Walsall Takeover

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Entirely out of the blue, Walsall last week had 51% of its shares acquired by Trivela Group LLC, based in Birmingham, Alabama.

The new majority shareholders in The Saddlers intend to capture another 25% in the coming two years, alongside a buyout of the Bescot Stadium land.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do Walsall own land? I feel this may be one of those venture capitalist, asset stripping, deals. What other reason would anyone give two ****s about owning Walsall?

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do Walsall own land? I feel this may be one of those venture capitalist, asset stripping, deals. What other reason would anyone give two ****s about owning Walsall?

Says they'll be buying the land the stadium's on, and want to raise capital to 'execute the existing purchase option on Poundland Bescot Stadium and the surrounding property. Facilitating and completing the purchase of the stadium freehold is a top priority for the new ownership group.'

That land'd fetch a pretty penny, though it's also a good spot for corporate and public events so maybe they plan to keep the club there and leverage that potential more. None of the investors has an obvious background in property, so that perhaps is more likely. Either way, I hope they're good custodians of the club.

Last edited:

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems strange they didn't just purchase the 76% outright, as Pomlett owned 76% anyway. Why 51% and further 25 over 2 years?

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surprised we never brought Bescot, could use it a base for u23s and women's matches

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surprised we never brought Bescot, could use it a base for u23s and women's matches
And as a temporary (expanded) home whilst we redevelop Molineux?

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never has a takeover been so apt Walsall being brought by 'company' from a state know for it's inbred yokels and general stupidity .

They were probably paid in chicken feed and some loose fags

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My Walsall mate said they have some capital behind them. Company is worth 12b apparently

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My Walsall mate said they have some capital behind them. Company is worth 12b apparently
Yeah says it the article 12b dollars. Looking to own clubs all over the world, Wonder if walsall will become their version of grasshoppers?

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah says it the article 12b dollars.
One of the partners of the company that's bought Walsall founded another company which advises rich people who, collectively, have assets valued at 12b. That company's not worth 12b, and nor's the company that's bought Walsall, which, as it only owns Walsall, is worth whatever Walsall FC Ltd plus the experience of its partners is worth.

Rabid Wolf

Reaction score
Never has a takeover been so apt Walsall being brought by 'company' from a state know for it's inbred yokels and general stupidity .

They were probably paid in chicken feed and some loose fags
Don't forget the moonshine.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
American owners, oh dear!

Back
Top Bottom