Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Oh Adama Traore!

Keep or sell?

• Keep

Votes: 143 45.0%
  • Sell

Votes: 175 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am not a great fan of Traore He has the potential to be exciting a points in every game but with little end result and in my view he doesn't work for the team unit. To say he has failed at Barca though is unfair...he has been sold a pipe dream by his boyhood club, did well initially only to find that he has been brought in as leverage to get Dembele back on the pitch / moderate his demands.
Balanced

Wolvesfcneil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where are we placing the blame for his string of missed one on one chances at the beginning of the season? I'm sure that is someone else's fault as well
I said he was creating chances I didn't mention anything about his finishing did i

Wolvesfcneil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There were a few occasions where he put it on a plate but most the time he left the attacking player with much to do with an under/over hit pass or a lofted cross the defence had time to put the kettle on before easily clearing.

Unfortunately it was Adama who had chances offered on a plate more often and he choked nine times out of ten.
The question you have to ask yourself is why are other teams so scared of playing against him ? or are you going to tell me you are a premier league defender and im talking rubbish as this is their words not mine as well as opposition managers.

fleck1

Reaction score
The question you have to ask yourself is why are other teams so scared of playing against him ? or are you going to tell me you are a premier league defender and im talking rubbish as this is their words not mine as well as opposition managers.
If teams are so scared of him, surely they'd be queuing up to snap up this bargain? In stead we had to give him away in the hope he'd do something that might gather some interest in him.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Teams are so scared of him that when a cut price below his messi level of expected transfer fee NO CREDIBLE BIDS CAME!!!
No team wanted to make their tormentor their asset and team mate.

A teenage Brandon Williams had traore in his back pocket a few seasons ago at molineux in the FA cup. Just let him run and show him the touch line, it is all you have to do and that is what good sides do. It is what many top ex pros say they would do also. He is just a beefier and far less effective Alex iwobi

sometimes players and managers say things to compliment an opposition/opponent and it means very little in reality.

If klopp loved adama as much as people claim from the quotes he would be in the Liverpool squad. He didn’t big up Jota, yet when he had a choice of Jota or adama he chose…. JOTA…..

His crosses are so poor 90% of the time and he doesn’t attack the box, so just let him run and cross it and let your keeper claim the lofted cross that they dream about at night that will inevitably come in.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because he's ****ing fast. There is no other reason.

Sheffield Wolf

Reaction score
Yadda Yadda Yadda, things is teams can't can't risk not dealing with him regardless of stats, that fear factor is exactly why we should be keeping him
Not just that, he’s entertainment.

We know he makes bad choices and misses good chances, but he gets me on the edge of my seat more than any other player since Steve Bull.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He offered a different threat to those that most defences were drilled to cope with. So it demanded specific counter measures. In the end however most teams found a way to nullify the threat, by doubling up, fouling and taking the consequences in a cynical and organised way etc. Relying on the predictability of his play. He is quick, but on recieving the ball he mostly checks and gives defenders time to organise and can be jockeyed into positions where he doesn't have the skills to provide the finish, or final ball. He is great to watch and must be a nightmare to face, as a defender. but the end result is all too often in the defender's favour, provided they stick to the task. He can make defenders look silly, without really punishing them. Love to see him play, but can't admit that he is effective at the end of the day.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Klopp speaks in glowing terms about Adama. He was chasing another attacking player in January and He could have signed him in January for around 15 million probably. He chose to spend more than double that, 37 million on Luis Diaz instead. Why is that do you think?

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yadda Yadda Yadda, things is teams can't can't risk not dealing with him regardless of stats, that fear factor is exactly why we should be keeping him
I'd be fine with keeping him, but there is no way he deserves the same contact we offered him previously. Anyone who thinks he's worth the kind of contract that would make him one of our highest earners has rocks in their head.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
I'd be fine with keeping him, but there is no way he deserves the same contact we offered him previously. Anyone who thinks he's worth the kind of contract that would make him one of our highest earners has rocks in their head.
If he was worth it before he's worth it now, that doesn't mean upping it, but the same deal is fine by me

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he was worth it before he's worth it now, that doesn't mean upping it, but the same deal is fine by me
It was ridiculous before to make him one of our highest earners, its even more ridiculous now. Coming off a failed loan spell in a better team ( where a lot of people said he would thrive in a better, more attacking side ) and off the back of not being able to crack the team here in the first half of the season, why would we make a sub one of our biggest earners? It makes no sense at all. We need to put money into first team players who offer what we lack. As an attacker, Adama, like most of our wide attackers, isn't up to scratch.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
It was ridiculous before to make him one of our highest earners, its even more ridiculous now. Coming off a failed loan spell in a better team ( where a lot of people said he would thrive in a better, more attacking side ) and off the back of not being able to crack the team here in the first half of the season, why would we make a sub one of our biggest earners? It makes no sense at all. We need to put money into first team players who offer what we lack. As an attacker, Adama, like most of our wide attackers, isn't up to scratch.
Couldn't care less what happens at other teams,if that's what we regard his worth to us then it's still on the table for me

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was offered a better contract several seasons ago when he was playing much better but his form dropped off.
I would be very surprised if that offer wasn’t cancelled more than a year ago.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couldn't care less what happens at other teams,if that's what we regard his worth to us then it's still on the table for me
Even if you take that train of thought. He's been ordinary for a season and a half. He hasn't earned the right to be up there with our big earners.

Any system that requires your wide attackers to make goal contributions, Adama will never be the answer unless something dramatic happens to his game. He's a right winger in a 442 or possibly a wing back. Any system That plays with 3 attackers, he just isn't effective enough. He's scored what, about 25 goals in well over 300 appearances. It's not what we need

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For the millionth time he hasn’t failed he’s behind Dembele who has now decided to play like the £130m player they bought.

Willywolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Like Trincao, I think Adama has enough about him to improve and give us something extra/different. Yes he has been inconsistent (maybe being kind here), but there is no denying he gets bums off seats and defences worry when he picks up the ball.
I think with a solid preseason, specific training on his ‘flaws,’ and better options in front of him (actually attacking spaces in behind opposition high lines), I think his productivity would increase.
Easier said than done? Possibly. Worth writing him off? Absolutely not imo. This guy can still be a huge asset for us going forward if he wants to play for us and we can unlock a little extra from him.

I think I am of the belief that better quality and more intelligent players around each other helps to develop players’ games. As such, I think recruitment this summer is crucial if we are going to have to be clever/frugal, and I think Adama can play a part next season - if he wants to!

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately we have to sell him. Otherwise he'll be gone in a year for nowt. Fosun won't stand for that and I can't really blame them.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So..what is going to happen here then?
Are we going to flog Adama to the highest bidder this summer?
He has a somewhat tarnished reputation playingwise and one year left on contract.
He won´t go for much dineros.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For the millionth time he hasn’t failed he’s behind Dembele who has now decided to play like the £130m player they bought.
You are kidding yourself if you think thats true. His form fell of a cliff and he barely got any game time. If he was performing he would at least be getting plenty of game time from the bench and they would have been keen to keep him and neither has happened, they dont want him. He's failed, there isnt any way of dressing it up. All the Adama cultists constantly said he would fire in a more attacking, better side and he hasnt really. Started off decent, then his form collapsed. You can also say its not just Dembele either, hes behind Torres, Fati and Depay as well.

Even if you use the logic of a better player has cost him his place, which has an element of truth to it, then how do you explain him here when he couldnt get in the team in front of Hwang or Trincao both of who have been bang average at best?

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t hit a cows **** with a banjo. The only thing we’ll miss is the disappointment of yet another mazy run, everyone eager in anticipation, until the shot or cross is hit waywardly into the south bank.

if we had a defender who looked great, but constantly ****ed up and cost us goal after goal - would you all want him, as he’s great entertainment? Would you ****?

No one can coach adama. He has one thing and that is pace.
His finishing is poor, his crossing is poor, his vision is poor, his movement is non existent…… but other than that, he’s great

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t hit a cows **** with a banjo. The only thing we’ll miss is the disappointment of yet another mazy run, everyone eager in anticipation, until the shot or cross is hit waywardly into the south bank.

if we had a defender who looked great, but constantly ****ed up and cost us goal after goal - would you all want him, as he’s great entertainment? Would you ****?

No one can coach adama. He has one thing and that is pace.
His finishing is poor, his crossing is poor, his vision is poor, his movement is non existent…… but other than that, he’s great

I've always been of the opinion there is a really good player in him, but its as a winger who stays out wide. If we played 442 he would be one of the first players picked. Unfortunatley, i dont think his game is fluid enough and it doesnt have enough goal contributions in it to really thrive in a system like a lot of teams play these days. I'd like him to prove me wrong, but i doubt its going to happen because he still hasnt improved the things in his game that need improving.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry but since he’s gone in January it’s been even more boring to watch.

Yes he might beat 5 men then cross the ball out. But still excited us when he got on the ball over not knowing what he will do.

Thats my take in a way. Its still been rubbish, but at least it would have been us being rubbish with a bit of excitement. Not sure though if thats a good enough reason to keep him here. Not saying he is a better player than Adama, but Chiquinho was certainly just as exciting and probably more productive than Traore in a short time span. Big ask to expect him to do that over a long period just yet, but he looks a bit more suited to how we would like to play than Adama. As i keep saying though, we need goal contributions from our wide attackers, its not just an issue with Traore. We havent got that and its been a massive issue especially with Rauls lack of form.

Last edited:

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has turned into our pogba....had one really good season, but hasn't done much to warrant a new bumper deal over the last couple of seasons....he can be brilliant, but also absolutely rubbish . do we just leave him to walk for free or try and get what we can ....I can not believe people still think he should get a new deal....get out of our club....

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just for balance, what are people expecting from him, assist wise?

Assist every other game? Every third game?

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He gives us way more than goals assists.
How many games have we controlled since he left?
Spurs...Norwich maybe, but even then it seemed like we were being allowed to control with them waiting to trap?
We're a better team without him it is often said.
Bull****. That game against palace, where we were penned into our own half was crying out for him to start. Chiquinho was one of our better players against Man City, but was anybody doubling on him? No.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has turned into our pogba....had one really good season, but hasn't done much to warrant a new bumper deal over the last couple of seasons....he can be brilliant, but also absolutely rubbish . do we just leave him to walk for free or try and get what we can ....I can not believe people still think he should get a new deal....get out of our club....
I can't believe people have watched us since January and aren't worried at all about our form. Saiss has rejected a deal here too, at one stage reportedly asking for 100k a week yet has the whole population of Wolverhampton pining for his loss.
Get out our club? Really?

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't rate him as I've mentioned ad nauseum but I think we could have done with him during the run in this season, just his presence on the pitch means the opposition have to be wary of him. I think we take something from the Arsenal and West Ham away games if he was involved as they wouldn't have been able to press us so aggressively as the threat on the counter would have been there.

This loan to Barca was a complete ***********, there was no way he was gonna get regular game time there and everyone but his biggest fanboys could tell they wouldn't sign him permanently, I think we pick up a few more points in the run in if we keep him and we might be looking forward to European football next season, what a ****e move from our Master of Sporting Directorship

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't believe people have watched us since January and aren't worried at all about our form. Saiss has rejected a deal here too, at one stage reportedly asking for 100k a week yet has the whole population of Wolverhampton pining for his loss.
Get out our club? Really?
We need new blood , not saiss and traore ....over nobody off course I would keep traore....but I don't see that as the plan ....... despite all the doom n gloom......it was doom n gloom 12 months ago......will we challenge the top No.....are we a Norwich No....

If some of us cant want a bloke to leave who doesn't want to be here, then deary me ...it's another Steven Fletcher......traore couldn't even be ***** to warm up on the bench in Oct/Nov /Dec. seen it regularly..it took em ages to shout him one game, I remember....all the decent performances then came without Traore... .

Hwang has scored more this season than traore ever has .. you wouldn't see hwang being backed up if he wouldn't sign a new deal and he had missed the chances traore did in the first four games .

Last edited:

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out of curiousity how many assists did he get in the season where him and Raul seemed telepathic? Double figures?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he comes back with a good attitude after his reality check then I’d definitely be looking to keep him.

The same can be said for all of our forwards but… if we go to a 4231 formation then he’s not going to be as isolated with no options on the ball. He could also fill in centrally in games where we need a threat in behind.

Yea his stats were horrible for the last few seasons but weren’t everybody’s?!

Like it or not, teams DO have to make plans for him and DO change how they defend against him. He’s a pain in the **** for the opposition, all we need is an extra man or two going forward and we will be able to capitalise on the spaces he creates elsewhere.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thats my take in a way. Its still been rubbish, but at least it would have been us being rubbish with a bit of excitement. Not sure though if thats a good enough reason the keep him here. Not saying he is a better player than Adama, but Chiquinho was certainly just as exciting and probably more productive than Traore in a short time span. Big ask to expect him to do that over a long period just yet, but he looks a bit more suited to how we would like to play than Adama. As i keep saying though, we need goal contributions from our wide attackers, its not just an issue with Traore. We havent got that and its been a massive issue especially with Rauls lack of form.

We need new blood , not saiss and traore ....over nobody off course I would keep traore....but I don't see that as the plan ....... despite all the doom n gloom......it was doom n gloom 12 months ago......will we challenge the top No.....are we a Norwich No....

If some of us cant want a bloke to leave who doesn't want to be here, then deary me ...it's another Steven Fletcher......traore couldn't even be ***** to warm up on the bench in Oct/Nov /Dec.........all the decent performances then came without Traore... .

Hwang has scored more this season than traore ever has .. you wouldn't see hwang being backed up if he wouldn't sign a new deal and he had missed the chances traore did in the first four games .
All the best results maybe. Performances no. And we've probably reverted to the mean in terms of what we deserved to get. Are you honestly trying to tell me Southampton was a better performance than Man United?

And hwang doesn't really give anything other than a very modest amount of goals. I have time for a poacher but he's had 2 goals since he signed permanently.

Are we a Norwich? No. But you really might want to take a second look at our form since the end of January. It is down there with the worst of them

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not just that, he’s entertainment.

We know he makes bad choices and misses good chances, but he gets me on the edge of my seat more than any other player since Steve Bull.
Bully scored goals - lots of them - much more exciting than watching the inevitable 'Traore gets ball, slows down play, takes on two players, moves swiftly to corner and....oh, shame.'

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All the best results maybe. Performances no. And we've probably reverted to the mean in terms of what we deserved to get. Are you honestly trying to tell me Southampton was a better performance than Man United?

And hwang doesn't really give anything other than a very modest amount of goals. I have time for a poacher but he's had 2 goals since he signed permanently.

Are we a Norwich? No. But you really might want to take a second look at our form since the end of January. It is down there with the worst of them
Form isn't an argument....largely irrelevant... Traore doesn't want to be here....how long is it gonna take for it to sink in for some.....it can't be any more clearer surely......do we try n sell him for as much as we can , to reinvest or do we let him stay here for 12 months, take a wage out of the club and walk for free ...

It's not difficult....form assists performance and everything isn't relevant....

Last edited:

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And probably isn't going to sign for them, didn't want to previously because they haven't got the money.
Short term gain eh?

Back
Top Bottom