Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Have Villa Owners more Ambition than The Wolves Owners ?

Have Villa Owners more ambition than Wolves (Fosun)?

• Total voters

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun are happy to get us where we are. Mil the PL money… I think they would sell us if the right offer came 100%
It's looking that way with all these selling players rumour / reports this summer already with Ruben Neves, Raul Jimenez, Adama Traore , MGW, Romain Sais and now even Joao Moutinho to Roma. Wouldn't be surprised if they sold Pedro Neto even now for the right price?
Fosun seem to want to "Cash In" and sell all our best players and investments this summer if these reports be true?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's looking that way with all these selling players rumour / reports this summer already with Ruben Neves, Raul Jimenez, Adama Traore , MGW, Romain Sais and now even Joao Moutinho to Roma. Wouldn't be surprised if they sold Pedro Neto even now for the right price?
Fosun seem to want to "Cash In" and sell all our best players and investments this summer.
Well without selling players we have nothing to spend. I expect many to leave but Neto just signed a new deal. If we want to play a new formation and system we need new players 100%

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well without selling players we have nothing to spend. I expect many to leave but Neto just signed a new deal. If we want to play a new formation and system we need new players 100%
So Fosun sell 6 players when Bruno has said we need a stronger squad and buy one player which looks like Joao Palhinho if they don't mess that one up as other clubs are interested now. This summer business by Fosun is looking a shambles already after the Adama **** ** in January.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

So Fosun sell 6 players when Bruno has said we need a stronger squad and buy one player which looks like Joao Palhinho if they don't mess that one up now as other clubs are interested now. This summer business by Fosun is looking a shambles already after the Adama **** ** in January.
We've had John Ruddy and Saiss leave so far.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So Fosun sell 6 players when Bruno has said we need a stronger squad and buy one player which looks like Joao Palhinho if they don't mess that one up as other clubs are interested now. This summer business by Fosun is looking a shambles already after the Adama **** ** in January.
Crikey. Getting upset over a transfer window is one thing; getting upset over an imaginary transfer window is quite another. Are you clairvoyant?

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, they're more ambitious, Diego Carlos alone probably shows that, but I'm still not confident their transfer policy is going to work. They're looking very much like the new Everton, a good sized club flashing the cash but without a coherent strategy. I do like the early deal approach though, especially after our last few disastrous transfer windows.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There could be up to 14 players leaving if you include MGW, Vinagre, Cutrone…..

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I mean obviously wish we didn't have to sell Neves, but apart from him, Neto, Kilman and MGW (unless he won't sign a new deal) not massively ***** about anyone else leaving tbh.

Not saying I want all the others to leave but if we shifted about 6 wouldn't be crying. Really like and appreciate almost all of them but times change.

Club should have been doing this over a few seasons, rather than getting into such a mess but that is poor leadership and we are where we are now.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean obviously wish we didn't have to sell Neves, but apart from him, Neto, Kilman and MGW (unless he won't sign a new deal) not massively ***** about anyone else leaving tbh.

Not saying I want all the others to leave but if we shifted about 6 wouldn't be crying. Really like and appreciate almost all of them but times change.

Club should have been doing this over a few seasons, rather than getting into such a mess but that is poor leadership and we are where we are now.

Coady is one A) need to replace to progress and B) we can make more money on now than we ever will be able to again

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There could be up to 14 players leaving if you include MGW, Vinagre, Cutrone…..
I hope Shi and Sellars don't think because the U23's got promoted they are the answer for strengthening the 1st team squad and letting all these players go without buying in summer window? If so firstly Bruno will walk before the start of next season and then we'll be one of the favourites to go down also.
Let's hope and prey this isn't the case.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'd add RAN, one of Mouts / Neves this close season, Sa, and Raul. But I'd also caution against massive change, that rarely works...

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I'd add RAN, one of Mouts / Neves this close season, Sa, and Raul. But I'd also caution against massive change, that rarely works...
Yeah forgot RAN and Sa totally, 100% keep them.

Semedo as well unless we got a really good fee for him.

There are others who it is probably not worth selling for the money we'd get like Raul and worth hoping they can re-find their form

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This. Our own neglecting of the squad over a long period of time has led us to this point now, with so much work to do in 1 window when we should have been building/improving gradually over a few windows.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've had John Ruddy and Saiss leave so far.

To be honest I fully expect MGW and Moutinho to go as they will probably get better offers elsewhere and Neves will go. Ifs and maybes I know but thats what I think will happen and God help us if they dont get the required players in.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be honest I fully expect MGW and Moutinho to go as they will probably get better offers elsewhere and Neves will go. Ifs and maybes I know but thats what I think will happen and God help us if they dont get the required players in.
They must have deals lined up before selling stars off we aren’t that naive are we??

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes and another summer on and it looks like we are losing a few of our stars.. while the guttering around our stadium is leaking too :(
Fosun wanted to move us away from Molineux?? Fans didn’t like it and under Laurie and nothing has come of the talks with the council since lol

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun wanted to move us away from Molineux?? Fans didn’t like it and under Laurie and nothing has come of the talks with the council since lol
No excuse's for Fosun when they committed to staying at Molineux 2 years ago and we had the pandemic for 2 years the ideal time to do something to redevelop some of the stadium. At least Bob the builder built a decent modern PL Stan Cullis Stand in his memory and of the great times of the 1950's teams.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

No excuse's for Fosun when they committed to staying at Molineux 2 years ago and we had the pandemic for 2 years the ideal time to do something to redevelop some of the stadium. At least Bob the builder built a decent modern PL Stan Cullis Stand in his memory and of the great times of the 1950's teams.
The idea that a) we'd have gotten planning permission through and b) the optics of the club building something during the pandemic is a good idea is madness.

One big covid outbreak and heaven forbid serious illness of a builder and we'd be pariahs

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Jeff Shi mentioned a step by step approach but there will have to come a time in the not too distant future when the first step is made.
Otherwise, we shall be stuck with the present day Molineux for five years, ten years.. not in line with Fosuns ambition for the club.
Perhaps, a stadium redevelopment update will be given by Jeff in the Ask Wolves session due out anytime, to give a clearer picture.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The idea that a) we'd have gotten planning permission through and b) the optics of the club building something during the pandemic is a good idea is madness.

One big covid outbreak and heaven forbid serious illness of a builder and we'd be pariahs
Nonsense so all OUTSIDE construction work stopped and was banned for 2 years during the pandemic?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can’t control what Moutinho does but MGW will simply have to do what we want as he’s under contract.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nonsense so all OUTSIDE construction work stopped and was banned for 2 years during the pandemic?
Who knew it was gonna last 2 years?

Building supplies cost an all time high

Building projects delayed due to lack of supplies and labour

Planning offices delayed significantly.

Absolutely no chance a new stand being built as a reaction to covid

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Slightly back on track.

If ambition can be defined by spunking millions in transfers to achieve success on the pitch then absolutely yes - Villa's owners have more ambition than Fosun. Arguably we did the same to get ourselves out of the Championship.

I am of the opinion that Fosun do have long term ambition for Wolves - I'm just not very clear what that ambition is :eek::oops::rolleyes:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Slightly back on track.

If ambition can be defined by spunking millions in transfers to achieve success on the pitch then absolutely yes - Villa's owners have more ambition than Fosun. Arguably we did the same to get ourselves out of the Championship.

I am of the opinion that Fosun do have long term ambition for Wolves - I'm just not very clear what that ambition is :eek::oops::rolleyes:
We are a toy & asset to Fosun. When was the last time Guo came to a match? Jeff should put the club up for sale

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On a personal note I am really offended by the lack of ambition being shown. Thank Fosun for their prior investment but to seemingly lose interest is unforgiveable in my view, buying players not good enough for the PL is not the answer.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like they’ve lost interest and slowly the fans are too
God I hope some of the fan base are losing interest to be honest, there’s some on here I’d gladly see ditch the wolves and take up crown green bowls. Though I can imagine them on the green “ Erm the grass is too long, the bowls are too round”

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
God I hope some of the fan base are losing interest to be honest, there’s some on here I’d gladly see ditch the wolves and take up crown green bowls. Though I can imagine them on the green “ Erm the grass is too long, the bowls are too round”
Did you really expect anything else? There has been a huge disconnect in the past 18 months.
The reasons for Jeff sacking a number of our staff are becoming more apparent.
The ambition has gone, the money isn't coming and meanwhile they are turning the screw via ticket prices/shirt prices in an area of the Midlands where the average person is struggling to heat their home.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did you really expect anything else? There has been a huge disconnect in the past 18 months.
The reasons for Jeff sacking a number of our staff are becoming more apparent.
The ambition has gone, the money isn't coming and meanwhile they are turning the screw via ticket prices/shirt prices in an area of the Midlands where the average person is struggling to heat their home.
Who’s been sacked? I can’t remember that!

No disrespect but I’m sure if people are struggling to heat their home they couldn’t care less about the Fosun ambition or the price of a ticket as rightly it wouldn’t be a priority. If I couldn’t afford to heat my home it wouldn’t matter to me if Fosun spent a pound or a billion pound or if a ST was £20 or £2000

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who do you want to buy us?
The Yanks who just brought Burnley and loaded them up with debt rather than Fosun who gave us £125M quid for free?
So owning an asset with a resale value of far more than the initial investment plus the loan conversion is "giving" us £125m for free, so assuming your logic is correct they will write it it off and not include it in the sale?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

So owning an asset with a resale value of far more than the initial investment plus the loan conversion is "giving" us £125m for free, so assuming your logic is correct they will write it it off and not include it in the sale?
Correct they have written it off as equity, so if we were to go down they'd have no recourse to recoup it.

Giving a loan with no interest rate is giving free money.

Back
Top Bottom