Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s games - 2021-22

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope the Huddersfield manager gives Moss both barrels afterwards and **** the fine.

ng7wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Fireworks going off down the road from me. Its not remotely dark yet. Sirens heading towards the city centre. Glad it's not my job to tell people to stop partying.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regardless of the rights and wrongs of decisions etc, the right team won in terms of football and from a Wolves perspective. Hopefully that's one relegation place booked for next season!

Yes! Congrats to Forest, their fans will be feeling great, almost envy them :) And would much rather them be back in the top division than Huddersfield. But right now, they are nowhere near good enough to survive next season. Going to have to spend and spend wisely to have a chance.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Good to see a team going mental after winning something special. The playoffs are good for that. Normally it's just Man City, Liverpool or Chelsea fans and players giving it polite applause for winning yet another trophy.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done to Forest.

It will be interesting to see how they strengthen, they look OK defensively but I don't think they are going to score many going forward - but to be fair I have only seen they twice.

That Huddersfield lad O'brien was lively and I am sure I read somewhere we were link with him a while ago.

rubyloo

Reaction score
Fireworks going off down the road from me. Its not remotely dark yet. Sirens heading towards the city centre. Glad it's not my job to tell people to stop partying.
I'm in NG9 - just had to shut the windows - could be a long night.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I had to guess I reckon it was an absolute minuscule amount, if any at all. That excuse absolutely stinks.
But why would you guess that?

You're as biased by doing so as the others you're accusing of - and it's not an excuse.

Look at the pictures of the stairways in the Madrid end and the Liverpool end. Massive difference in terms of numbers.
Look at the buildup of fans selling fake tickets.
Look at their history, including at Wolves.

These are not excuses, they're facts.

ng7wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I'm in NG9 - just had to shut the windows - could be a long night.
Yup. I work in a pub in Hockley. I finished work before the game started and town was already looking like Friday night. It's gonna be a messy one for a lot of people tonight

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But why would you guess that?
Because why would it be any different to any big sporting event that happens week in week out, year on year?

What's a "fake ticket" anyway? Who makes them? Who buys them? How do they work?

Most people who have spoken out since, that were actually, said it was shambolic organisation from the outset. Did you go to Braga? It;s not difficult to see how these things quickly spiral when nobody with authority has a clue what they're doing.

And there were problems in the Madrid end too.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was it Moss that nuno got fined for?

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That wasn't a penalty imo ever. Besides, I am in favour of VAR cheating Huddersfield because **** them.

rubyloo

Reaction score
Yup. I work in a pub in Hockley. I finished work before the game started and town was already looking like Friday night. It's gonna be a messy one for a lot of people tonight
I might have to drive to derby for some relative safety.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But VAR didn't do anything today? (Which is the problem)

However, if we didn't have VAR, which posts like this and people on here are advocating, the outcome would've been exactly the same!!
I see your point, but it was meant to stop this madness. Penalties not given against City and Liverpool and the two today, yet it gave the Moutinho handball? How is that possible? It’s corrupt

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because why would it be any different to any big sporting event that happens week in week out, year on year?

What's a "fake ticket" anyway? Who makes them? Who buys them? How do they work?

Most people who have spoken out since, that were actually, said it was shambolic organisation from the outset. Did you go to Braga? It;s not difficult to see how these things quickly spiral when nobody with authority has a clue what they're doing.

And there were problems in the Madrid end too.
It can be both things.

It was shambolically organised. The police are heavy-handed and over the top.

And yes I was at Braga. It was awful and it was unfair on us because we did nothing wrong. If there were 4/500 fans trying to get in without tickets then I'd admit that Wolves fans need to take some responsibility for that. This is the point.

However, you're choosing to bury your head in the sand at a major cause. You asking what a fake ticket is or how they work is extremely naive. Look at the pictures inside the stadium and how there are far too many in the Liverpool end. Read our security officer talking about the problems they have brought to Molineux, including fake tickets. Look at social media where Liverpool fans have bragged about getting in for free and those selling tickets beforehand. Then listen to UEFA say this was the actual problem.

I have no doubt UEFA should've done more but there also needs to be an admission from Liverpool that they need to sort their fans out with this.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see your point, but it was meant to stop this madness. Penalties not given against City and Liverpool and the two today, yet it gave the Moutinho handball? How is that possible? It’s corrupt
Yeah agree there are some awful decisions and I agree the two were pens today.

The issue is poor officials, in this case especially the one sitting on VAR!

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad Forest won but that was a stone cold penalty against them, VAR absolutely bottled it.

Forest had 1 point from their first 7 games, rock bottom and still go up, I wonder what the odds were back then.

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But VAR didn't do anything today? (Which is the problem)

However, if we didn't have VAR, which posts like this and people on here are advocating, the outcome would've been exactly the same!!
But it somehow feels better if it’s just the on field ref that gets it wrong and its easier to assume he’s just **** and not corrupt. Once VAR fails to get involved you have to question the integrity of it all. And don’t get me started on not being able to celebrate a goal properly, that’s the main reason I want it gone.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But it somehow feels better if it’s just the on field ref that gets it wrong and its easier to assume he’s just **** and not corrupt. Once VAR fails to get involved you have to question the integrity of it all. And don’t get me started on not being able to celebrate a goal properly, that’s the main reason I want it gone.
Yep I agree it was bad today but it's whoever was on VAR, not the system.

My opinion today is that I would worry they didn't want to 'correct' Moss on what was his final game, which is awful.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Yep I agree it was bad today but it's whoever was on VAR, not the system.

My opinion today is that I would worry they didn't want to 'correct' Moss on what was his final game, which is awful.
That’s exactly what happened I think. Which is a disgrace when you think about it.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
It can be both things.

It was shambolically organised. The police are heavy-handed and over the top.

And yes I was at Braga. It was awful and it was unfair on us because we did nothing wrong. If there were 4/500 fans trying to get in without tickets then I'd admit that Wolves fans need to take some responsibility for that. This is the point.

However, you're choosing to bury your head in the sand at a major cause. You asking what a fake ticket is or how they work is extremely naive. Look at the pictures inside the stadium and how there are far too many in the Liverpool end. Read our security officer talking about the problems they have brought to Molineux, including fake tickets. Look at social media where Liverpool fans have bragged about getting in for free and those selling tickets beforehand. Then listen to UEFA say this was the actual problem.

I have no doubt UEFA should've done more but there also needs to be an admission from Liverpool that they need to sort their fans out with this.
This suggests that fake tickets was another BS excuse given by French authorities to UEFA after their original BS excuse of fans arriving late was shown to be a lie. Read the whole thread. The only comparison with Hillsborough here is that the authorities and police are lying to make up for their ineptitude. Also note that the original issues for closing the gates were problems caused by "persons seemingly unassociated with either club."

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Congratulations Forest. A midland team back in the Premier. I think they will enhance the league, big club and big support. Should be a good west/east Midlands Derby.

Back
Top Bottom