Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s games - 2021-22

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Solihull 2-1 Chesterfield. Another good game bubbling up here.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really enjoying these National League Play Offs and that Wrexham v Grimsby game yesterday was one for the ages. This Soulihull Moors v Chesterfield game is a good one as well and no suprise to hear that Cookie has spontaneously combusted several times already !

Just had a check on line and the Nathan Tyson on the Chesterfield bench is the forward who has been around since black and white television showed football ! ( Okay slightly OTT ) Fair play to him as he is now 40 and I can remember him as being highly sought after when he was at Forest as a youngster.

T

TheConcourse

Read the thread back this morning as I was out last night and have to say it's pretty ****ing shameful from a few of you.

So many videos of kids/elderly getting battered/pepper sprayed/tear-gassed by police and still people here just leap to laugh at Liverpool fans, trot the usual 'victims' crap. What the fans went through yesterday sounds horrific and shouldn't be tolerated.

Football fans should be united in the way they're treated like animals across society but instead we regress to the same tribal nonsense. Anyone remember Braga?
My mind went straight to Braga when I watched the videos this morning.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Read the thread back this morning as I was out last night and have to say it's pretty ****ing shameful from a few of you.

So many videos of kids/elderly getting battered/pepper sprayed/tear-gassed by police and still people here just leap to laugh at Liverpool fans, trot the usual 'victims' crap. What the fans went through yesterday sounds horrific and shouldn't be tolerated.

Football fans should be united in the way they're treated like animals across society but instead we regress to the same tribal nonsense. Anyone remember Braga?
Comprehensive long thread from a journalist who was there and saw the whole thing unfold, includes video and photo evidence. Worth a read, especially for those who like to jump to conclusions before the facts are established, to feed their hatred. This included one absolutely despicable post which, thankfully as far as I can see, has since been deleted by the mods.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That dive in the box by the Soulihull player was utterly shameful and what I do not understand is at 6ft 9in he could easily have caught up to the ball and perhaps scored or crossed it but he would rather shamefully throw himself to the floor and seek to get the keeper sent off or get a penalty. Thankfully the referee was not buying it and it is a sad reflection on the modern game at various levels.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2 very separate things here. Are football fans, Liverpool included, treated like dirt still far too often. Yes.

Are the sycophantic media, clueless scouse pundits, and national anthem booing ‘scouse not English’ prats deserving of all the ridicule they are getting today. Absolutely.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Comprehensive long thread from a journalist who was there and saw the whole thing unfold, includes video and photo evidence. Worth a read, especially for those who like to jump to conclusions before the facts are established, to feed their hatred. This included one absolutely despicable post which, thankfully as far as I can see, has since been deleted by the mods.

Doesn't sound good does it. Maybe it was a disproportionate response to what happened in the vid below? A few fans got in and then it created a huge bottleneck with a poor setup/system in place exacerbating the problems.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2 very separate things here. Are football fans, Liverpool included, treated like dirt still far too often. Yes.

Are the sycophantic media, clueless scouse pundits, and national anthem booing ‘scouse not English’ prats deserving of all the ridicule they are getting today. Absolutely.
2 very separate things that you've conflated here too.

Laugh at Liverpool fans for losing a football match all you want, nobody has said otherwise. Don't laugh at them for being treated horrifically by scummy police who very nearly caused something truly tragic.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really enjoying these National League Play Offs and that Wrexham v Grimsby game yesterday was one for the ages. This Soulihull Moors v Chesterfield game is a good one as well and no suprise to hear that Cookie has spontaneously combusted several times already !

Just had a check on line and the Nathan Tyson on the Chesterfield bench is the forward who has been around since black and white television showed football ! ( Okay slightly OTT ) Fair play to him as he is now 40 and I can remember him as being highly sought after when he was at Forest as a youngster.
I lived in Reading at the time when we beat them in the play off semi-final and Tyson was playing for them. I had an mx5 with the roof down, and the day after I was waiting at traffic lights and Tyson just happened to be in the car next to me with his window down. I happened to have my wolves scarf in the passenger seat so I shouted him, started waving my scarf like a nutter singing 'Alex Rae, Alex Rae, Alex Alex Rae'...... The look of confusion on the guys face was priceless

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sounds horrendous for the Liverpool fans. In contrast to the Euro 2020 final, large numbers of fans weren’t trying to gain illegal entry last night and hopefully lessons will be learned for future finals. Love or loathe them, Real Madrid sure do know how to win in cup competitions.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Did he play with Akinfenwa ?

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2 very separate things that you've conflated here too.

Laugh at Liverpool fans for losing a football match all you want, nobody has said otherwise. Don't laugh at them for being treated horrifically by scummy police who very nearly caused something truly tragic.

Overall, it sounds like it was only the sensible behaviour of the vast majority of fans that avoided tragedy. In contrast to the jobsworth "only obeying orders" of the security.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well played Solihull Moors, just one game from the football league.

Against Grimsby in the final. Another team that seemed to have our number in the 90's. Saw us play them twice in that era, both time when we were needing a win for promotion and they were bottom of the table. And we inexplicably failed to turn up (though this was our habit in the 90's) , allowing them to win both.

Will be cheering Solihull on all the way!

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Against Grimsby in the final. Another team that seemed to have our number in the 90's. Saw us play them twice in that era, both time when we were needing a win for promotion and they were bottom of the table. And we inexplicably failed to turn up (though this was our habit in the 90's) , allowing them to win both.

Will be cheering Solihull on all the way!
I went to Grimsby in the 90s, Akinbiyi missed an open goal and we lost 1-0. Awful away ground to visit, think tjere is a hotel and a chippy and thats it

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Interesting story with the Huddersfield manager. Was always a number 2, finished 6th from bottom in his first season, started this season with a 5-1 defeat. Huddersfield fans wanted him out, but he's turned out to be a bit of a tactical genius who has has Huddersfield punching way above their weight. Maybe worth giving Bruno this second season?! I'm sure @WickedWolfie would be onboard with that, no?

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Hogg still playing for Huddersfield. Always plays a blinder against us, both in the Championship and Premier League.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
OMG, I'd missed that the most important game in football is being reffed as some sort of golden handshake by John Moss. 30 seconds in he's flat out trying to stay 30 yards behind play.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree about Jon Moss. I'm sure he's an excellent ref. Moot though as he's so far behind play.

I thought Forest would be better. Theyve been very long ball.

O'Neill at Huddersfield would flourish in the PL

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They keep talking about ball carrying central midfielders at Wembley? Completely lost me

Back
Top Bottom