Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Marquinhos

Rabid Wolf

Reaction score
What would be really funny is if the pre-contract agreement is enforced and the contract included a ridiculous release clause which Arsenal ended up having to pay. Unlikely I know but it appears that from July 14th we own his registration.

Will end up in some sort of arbitration probably.

Arsenal could well be on the hook for the total value of his contract though, whatever that is. They may have to actually buy him out of it.
I hope this is the case either way he hasn't exactly presented himself well by reneging on a pre-contract agreement.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This could boost our transfer spend if we win the battle in court. Arsenal once again trying to bend the rules. Stupid move by the player

D

Deleted member (smith)

suing a teenager for breach of contract based on a pre contract.? Hardly likely to be worthwhile…enforcing employment contracts is usually a mistake anyway.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
suing a teenager for breach of contract based on a pre contract.? Hardly likely to be worthwhile…enforcing employment contracts is usually a mistake anyway.
Agree and it's unlikely the player will ever play for us, but as I said on the original thread; if it ****es-off Arsenal and they have to pay more or get some sort of sanction, it's worth it.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree and it's unlikely the player will ever play for us, but as I said on the original thread; if it ****es-off Arsenal and they have to pay more or get some sort of sanction, it's worth it.
Could be up to 20m according to a previous post on this thread!!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Arsenal didn’t know about the deal with Wolves, then is it likely they’d have to pay?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They probably told the player what to do this is where it gets messy
We don’t know that……..you could be right but its a huge stretch. Arsenal don’t need or want this bad pr.
Every club, agent, lawyer, and players would be leery of dealing with them.

I suspect that it’s probably a misunderstand on the player’s part and what he thought the the pre contract was or how binding it was.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Legal stuff could take months while the lawyers cream it. Meanwhile he'll probably bang 20 in for the ****. Seriously though, you've got to question his amateur representatives in thinking they could pull this off with no consequences. We have to get something out of this or it sets a precedence for others who'll give it a go.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Legal stuff could take months while the lawyers cream it. Meanwhile he'll probably bang 20 in for the ****. Seriously though, you've got to question his amateur representatives in thinking they could pull this off with no consequences. We have to get something out of this or it sets a precedence for others who'll give it a go.
Arsenal are treading carefully otherwise they would of confirmed the deal by now??

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We don’t know that……..you could be right but its a huge stretch. Arsenal don’t need or want this bad pr.

I suspect that it’s probably a misunderstand on the player’s part and what he thought the the pre contract was or how binding it was.
Sounds like it’s his clubs fault for trying to get some cash out of Arsenal rather than him going on a free to us.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Arsenal didn’t know about the deal with Wolves, then is it likely they’d have to pay?
Ignorance of the law is no defence! Have to see how this pans-out, but I'm not sure Wolves would be taking/considering legal action if they don't believe they have been wronged. Wolves is a very professional.... yeah, you could be right. :D

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The player is unlikely to have signed the contract with Wolves without a lawyer and/or his agent involved. The same person or people would also have been involved when Arsenal signed him. They will know that the Wolves deal should have prevented the Arsenal deal, so along the player and one or both clubs, could all be dragged into this action. I’m pretty confident that this wasn’t just a young lad’s misunderstanding.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For months I’ve been reading that Arsenal want to sign Neves, then they pull a stunt like this?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn’t be a shock if Arsenal took the whole “don’t worry about that, leave it to us” approach to the contract signed.

Hopefully we force him to sign for us and pose for the photos with his shirt just to be ****-houses.

Then farm him out to Grasshoppers.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For months I’ve been reading that Arsenal want to sign Neves, then they pull a stunt like this?

to be honest i think it's been more fan accounts thinking they will be top four and can have who they want. Arsenal fans put ours in a great light

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I imagine Wolves get paid some hush money.and all is dandy

In fact, this could be a new Fosun player trading model. It's sort of a Benik Adobe V2 deal. We profit without him ever having been to the club.
the 'reverse Kalic' will be the name of the new strategy

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It depends what the circumstances are. If neither the player nor his agent informed Arsenal of the agreement then they're pretty safe.

The liability rests with whomever advised the player it's OK to sign for Arsenal having already committed to us.

I highly doubt he came to the decision all on his own. That sort of advice is what he should be paying his agent for.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

It's stuff like this that makes you understand why Wolves try to keep their transfer business hush hush. It's hard enough getting players in with all the other clubs circling around, then you have to deal with **** like this!
Hopefully Arsenal will have to pay compensation.

W

WasStefan

He's signed for Arsenal - used Wolves for leverage.
He doesn't want to play for us/nor will he ever play for us.
Bit of compo for Jeff & everyone is happy again.
Im sure i read that he had signed for Wolves but his club hawked him around for a small fee and sold him? no doubt he’d have also given his approval to the Arsenal offer but there’s more to this than meets the eye imo

D

Deleted member (smith)

Im sure i read that he had signed for Wolves but his club hawked him around for a small fee and sold him? no doubt he’d have also given his approval to the Arsenal offer but there’s more to this than meets the eye imo

very likely correct….there was a lot of confusion about his prior contract and he appeared to be a free agent….it really looks a mess if wolves were dealing with him as a free agent and Arsenal dealing with his former club and all being done in Brazil by agents.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It depends what the circumstances are. If neither the player nor his agent informed Arsenal of the agreement then they're pretty safe.

The liability rests with whomever advised the player it's OK to sign for Arsenal having already committed to us.

I highly doubt he came to the decision all on his own. That sort of advice is what he should be paying his agent for.
Would you buy a house without making sure the supposed seller really owns it? If Arsenal have not done due diligence then the Authorities should come down on them like a ton of bricks.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Certainly looks like the lads club have gone for this to get a bit of cash. Hard to imagine the players agent is unaware though. Also hard to prove what Arsenal knew but you can imagine them having to pay us rather than his current club as presumably he's legally our play on the day the pre contract comes into effect.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Would you buy a house without making sure the supposed seller really owns it? If Arsenal have not done due diligence then the Authorities should come down on them like a ton of bricks.
That's the point. Arsenal may have asked all the relevant questions but not received truthful answers. If they can demonstrate that then they're OK.

You can do all the due diligence you like but you're still relying on advisers and a certain amount of honesty from all parties.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's the point. Arsenal may have asked all the relevant questions but not received truthful answers. If they can demonstrate that then they're OK.

You can do all the due diligence you like but you're still relying on advisers and a certain amount of honesty from all parties.
How does it work though in terms of who would own him? If you bought a car then someone else bought it after you before you picked it up who's car is it?

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Somehow, with
Chiquinho
Pedro
Chem Campbell
Pod
Trincao (possibly)
Pedrinho (maybe)
Rafa Silva (who knows)
Corbeanu
Adama (quite probably)

... I can't get too worked up about losing out on another wide player.

Had it been a defensive midfielder or RCB, different story.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How does it work though in terms of who would own him? If you bought a car then someone else bought it after you before you picked it up who's car is it?
Technically, from the agreed date we would own his registration as our agreement was entered into first. If we chose to enforce the agreement.

It will probably end up in arbitration, whereby if Marquinhos wants to sign for Arsenal, then they will need to pay compensation to us at an agreed value. The starting point I suspect would be the value of the contract he'd agreed.

I don't know the exact circumstances though as to how this came about so it's difficult to judge.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds pretty odd to me and all clubs could be innocent (or not!).

Article says he signed a 5 year deal but maximum contract permitted is actually 3 years which takes us to 12th July and we’ve signed him effective on 14th July.

So we might be doing the dirty on the club (they may be unaware of the pre-contract deal and hence think they can sell him to Arsenal before expiry of the contract).

Arsenal may be unaware and working with club doing the honourable thing of providing some money and signing player.

Player or agent (or agents/family members) may be trying to renege on Wolves deal now Arsenal are interested.

Of course the complete opposite may be true and player being Co-erced or leant on to accept Arsenal deal so some money goes to club.

Either way going to be messy, highly likely he’ll end up at Arsenal and we’ll get compensation.

What I don’t quite get is who actually owns player….

….on July 11th still owned by club who can agree to sell him to Arsenal who have paid money and player signs contract. No-one done anything wrong there.

What happens on 14th July? He’s no longer a free agent so our pre-contract is null and void? Hopefully there is then a penalty clause and that is the compensation. Actually from the player.

dennison11

Reaction score
Sounds pretty odd to me and all clubs could be innocent (or not!).

Article says he signed a 5 year deal but maximum contract permitted is actually 3 years which takes us to 12th July and we’ve signed him effective on 14th July.

So we might be doing the dirty on the club (they may be unaware of the pre-contract deal and hence think they can sell him to Arsenal before expiry of the contract).

Arsenal may be unaware and working with club doing the honourable thing of providing some money and signing player.

Player or agent (or agents/family members) may be trying to renege on Wolves deal now Arsenal are interested.

Of course the complete opposite may be true and player being Co-erced or leant on to accept Arsenal deal so some money goes to club.

Either way going to be messy, highly likely he’ll end up at Arsenal and we’ll get compensation.

What I don’t quite get is who actually owns player….

….on July 11th still owned by club who can agree to sell him to Arsenal who have paid money and player signs contract. No-one done anything wrong there.

What happens on 14th July? He’s no longer a free agent so our pre-contract is null and void? Hopefully there is then a penalty clause and that is the compensation. Actually from the player.
The way I understand it, and i could be completely off base, is like this:

Saiss is out of contract with us this summer. If he had signed a pre-contract agreement with another club abroad back in January he would be scheldued to be their player when his contract with us ends.

If knowing this, aftewr January another club comes in and says we'll give you £X million for Saiss to join us when his contract ends with you and we agree, surely its everyones fault.

I'm probably waffling and making no sense.

Back
Top Bottom