Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Non-Wolves Transfers (Summer Transfers 2022)

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Aston Villa agree deal to sign Diego Carlos from Sevilla for £26m​

Why have the Vile got a bottomless pit of money???
Imo, it's a bit like Sunderland, Everton, the previous Villa owners and us. I call it the Ellis Short/Randy Lerner.

- New owners come in
- Splash cash.
- Sharp initial increase
- Splash more cash
- Hit a plateau of 7th best team in England.
- Realise that it costs several hundred million more to break the top 6.
- Lose interest.
- Club regresses.
- Sell
- Repeat

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said to lads at work, that if he wants a reunion with an old manager - Hwang is quality for us and should offer £15m he'd be a great acquisition to Leeds forward line.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Imo, it's a bit like Sunderland, Everton, the previous Villa owners and us. I call it the Ellis Short/Randy Lerner.

- New owners come in
- Splash cash.
- Sharp initial increase
- Splash more cash
- Lose interest.
- Club regresses.
- Sell
- Repeat
Pretty accurate. There's another £30 million pound 30 year old in the pipeline for Villa's 'splash more cash' phase.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

- New owners come in
- Splash cash.
- Sharp initial increase
- Splash more cash
- Lose interest.
- Club regresses.
- Sell
- Repeat
In all seriousness, is this not describing Fosun?

Are we not just past the 'realise it costs several hundred million more to break into the top six' stage and now on the 'lose interest'??

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Are we not just past the 'realise it costs several hundred million more to break into the top six' stage and now on the 'lose interest'??
The way they are looking to grow the club doesn't seem like owners who have lost interest to me

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yup. I think it completely applies. No surprise to me that they lost a lot of interest after we peaked in 7th

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Over half a team signed almost into the 30's age range , they will blow up and have no-resale value on any of these.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now I wouldn't at all be worried if they sign Suarez. I think he's finished, so hope it happens.
Likewise. Moreno is brilliant so Suarez as part of getting the band back together wouldn't bother me

Be funny though.

On a Wolves note, there now seem to be 8 clubs in the league with boundless funds and no desire to really see return on investment, 10 who don't have the funds to compete and us and Everton in the middle.

How long before we are left behind? Not because club a have signed player x, but because the cash splashed is so ludicrous that only billionaires who don't care about roi can compete.

Then again, I'm currently at the gym in the exact position I was when I learned a Benik Afobe offer had been accepted by Wolves from Bournemouth, which is a healthy dose of perspective !

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Over half a team signed almost into the 30's age range , they will blow up and have no-resale value on any of these.
They have deadwood on their books that will struggle to move, target, el ghazi, trezeguet, wesley nobody is going to pay big fees for these players on probably nearer 60/80k a week. Delusional bunch. Moreno & Suarez is no better than what they have? Let them keep splashing the cash teams will take them for a ride

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure on that one. His stats in La Liga up until last season were still phenomenal.

Coutinho at £18m and a wage that fits in with their structure looks decent business to me as does Kamara on a free.

£18m for an ageing player probably on £200k a week isn’t such a great deal imo.

If we had signed Kamara for £25m and offering him £100k a week for 5 years (which is practically what he will be costing Villa as nothing comes free in football these days) id think it’s a bit high for someone so young and unproving in England but that’s probably the going rate for a future star.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With their signing of Kamara, does that mean that Douglas Luiz would be available from Villa? I might be tempted to take him if we could could get him for £15m - part of a double pivot with Palhina
No way would want Luiz at Wolves he’s not a defensive midfielder may as well keep Dendoncker

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What I will say is Vile are signing a lot of players in the twilight of their careers. Could be a problem if it goes tits up. I still think Kamara is a very good signing though. Coutinho will do well next season I reckon as well.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What I will say is Vile are signing a lot of players in the twilight of their careers. Could be a problem if it goes tits up. I still think Kamara is a very good signing though. Coutinho will do well next season I reckon as well.
All very short-term.

Back
Top Bottom