Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hwang

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’re absolutely right. Not a fan of Podence’s attitude tbh. Seems quite petulant, from Insta stories after games to the blatant **** taking of his colleague and constant diving.

I’d get shut this summer.
Don`t know about gettin rid this summer,.. but unless he injured himself running up and down the touchline at Anfield,..then why after shakin hands with some Liverpool players at the end did he rush down the tunnel at the time when our players an staff all went over and clapped our supporters?

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Agreed
He might be Hwang but he ain’t that Hwang.

I’ve seen Neil Collins at left back. He was proper Hwang.
Funnily enough Neil Collins was the first player I thought of as whilst reading the comms on here during the game.

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
Hwang was okay when he first came. Many of the people now slating him were chanting how ****ing brilliant they thought he was only a few months ago. It hasn't been coming off for him much since his injury and he probably shouldn't be getting in ahead of some of the others on current form, but he keeps getting picked. That's not his fault.
The togetherness that was so evident under Nuno, certainly for the first three seasons now seems to have eroded. We now just seem like a basket case club where there's a total disconnect between the owners, the manager, the players and the fans. And I don't believe Jeff and/or Bruno have the smarts to sort it out.
I think Hwang and his drop in form are a symptom of the **** storm that has engulfed our club, stemming from poor leadership at all levels.

Jericho

Reaction score
This whole situation with Hwang reminds me of Jake Cassidy (who??) in League One. The lad used to get slated weekly on social media with the same **** Hwang is getting now.

Yeah, Hwang has been poor since returning from injury, but unfortunately our entire team has been shocking since February. Let's not forget for a brief period at the start of the season, he was our only goal threat and considered an absolute steal for 14m.

Let's not write the lad off after his first season in the Premier League. I'd rather have Hwang than Kieffer Moore who we were linked with last season for the same price.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang was okay when he first came. Many of the people now slating him were chanting how ****ing brilliant they thought he was only a few months ago. It hasn't been coming off for him much since his injury and he probably shouldn't be getting in ahead of some of the others on current form, but he keeps getting picked. That's not his fault.
The togetherness that was so evident under Nuno, certainly for the first three seasons now seems to have eroded. We now just seem like a basket case club where there's a total disconnect between the owners, the manager, the players and the fans. And I don't believe Jeff and/or Bruno have the smarts to sort it out.
I think Hwang and his drop in form are a symptom of the **** storm that has engulfed our club, stemming from poor leadership at all levels.
He got a couple goals early on, including one my mom would have struggled to miss. We were so starved of goals we thought he was Messi. We obviously weren't looking closely enough.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
He got a couple goals early on, including one my mom would have struggled to miss. We were so starved of goals we thought he was Messi. We obviously weren't looking closely enough.
Here we go again....
Mate - respectfully - do you watch much football? Don't you know that the hardest thing to do is to score a goal? A lucky odd goal - maybe. But 5 is not down to luck. If it was that easy why doesn't everyone score? Truth is very very few players ever do.
Why didn't you see that he was a "poor" player then as you are alluding to? Because he wasn't and isn't now.
I saw him brilliantly pluck a knee height ball out of the air whilst on the left wing against Liverpool on Saturday. The skills are there, but he really is shot of confidence. So would many a player when not only fans but your teammates are ganging up on you. I can't imagine what the atmosphere is like in training for Hwang.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
I think Podence has a cheek liking that tweet (then quickly unliking it).
Lage reported Podence could have had an injection and played the final games but chose not too.. I wouldn't count on him busting his guts for Wolves. Hwang has been pretty desperate and is really short of form but at least he gives it a go.
Podence comes across as petulant and moody. Has one good game in three when he isn't injured. Loses the ball just as much as Hwang and doesn't even make up for it by scoring many goals
I put it if he wasn't Portuguese he would not live so comfortably in our setup. He's supported by his compatriots while Hwang is left to himself.
Just like the school yard. One against at least two but probably more can't be nice.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn’t say disrespectful. I said distasteful. I can see, just like everyone else, he’s ****. But frankly it’s a bit pathetic to have dozens of people essentially saying: “chortle chortle, I’ll drive him there myself. Ha! Look I did a funny the same as everyone else ripping the **** out of this bloke. Aren’t I clever?”

It’s unnecessary. And not funny. Especially the twentieth time of hearing.
We get it, he’s not as good as we’d hoped. And can see that you understand this too. Well done, you’re part of this enlightened group that can see more clearly than other people. Or something.

I hope he really kicks on next year, whether that’s here or somewhere else. No doubt many will be proclaiming they knew there was a player in there somewhere. Or some other self-righteous bull-****.
Fair and good comment!

Last edited:

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has skill and ability, we’ve seen evidence of that, so to label him as “not a footballer” is extremely harsh.

It’s just that his style, like Jota, is an absolute horror show when things aren’t coming off for him.

There were several games where Jota looked like he’d never kicked a ball before. The other end of the scale he was unplayable.

Hwang is just a poor mans Jota, but with lower highs and seemingly lower lows.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would get rid of podence and Silva for Guedes and Rafa Silva in a heartbeat....

Be well happy with guedes, Rafa Silva, Gibbs Neto...(hwang chiquhino)...as the options....

Then bring in someone to help Raul, cause Silva isn't the answer....

Last edited:

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Podence comes across as petulant and moody. Has one good game in three when he isn't injured. Loses the ball just as much as Hwang and doesn't even make up for it by scoring many goals
I put it if he wasn't Portuguese he would not live so comfortably in our setup. He's supported by his compatriots while Hwang is left to himself.
Just like the school yard. One against at least two but probably more can't be nice.
Some absolutely ridiculous comments from you on this thread. Hwang is left to himself like a bullied kid in a school yard because he's not Portuguese. Shoehorning racism and nationality into every comment. Asking people if they even watch football then trying to say hwang is a better player than Posence. Have a word with yourself.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Some absolutely ridiculous comments from you on this thread. Hwang is left to himself like a bullied kid in a school yard because he's not Portuguese. Shoehorning racism and nationality into every comment. Asking people if they even watch football then trying to say hwang is a better player than Posence. Have a word with yourself.
How many goals has Podence scored in the PL?

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage reported Podence could have had an injection and played the final games but chose not too.. I wouldn't count on him busting his guts for Wolves. Hwang has been pretty desperate and is really short of form but at least he gives it a go.
Get what you are saying but Iwould give it a go. We are past that stage I thought. Hopefully he improves because we won’t sell him anytime soon.

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No mate. They are being played in the same position - wide forwards - but on opposite sides. Hwang on the left and Podence on the right. Do you actually watch the games?

No I just have a look at the results and choose a scapegoat for the week.

...Bruno could play Coady in the front 3, it doesn't make him a forward. Both bring completely different things to the team.

Do you actually watch the games and see hwang pass the ball with the outside of his foot with a kind of shove motion? Have you seen it when he takes about 4 touches and still doesn't have it under control? Have you missed some of the times he's lost possession in our own half under no pressure at all?

I have no hate for hwang, no racial motives that you allude to, no need to compare him to anyone over the last 10-15 games because I've watched him. Whether form or just sheer lack of quality I don't care. He has been absolutely dross for the best part of the season. I thought he looked it at the beginning although I accepted he could just be one of those players who doesn't do a fat lot but will get on the end of things. He could turn it around and be that player, but looking at his technical ability and knowing the pressures of the premier League I highly doubt it.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score

...Bruno could play Coady in the front 3, it doesn't make him a forward. Both bring completely different things to the team.

Do you actually watch the games and see hwang pass the ball with the outside of his foot with a kind of shove motion? Have you seen it when he takes about 4 touches and still doesn't have it under control? Have you missed some of the times he's lost possession in our own half under no pressure at all?

I have no hate for hwang, no racial motives that you allude to, no need to compare him to anyone over the last 10-15 games because I've watched him. Whether form or just sheer lack of quality I don't care. He has been absolutely dross for the best part of the season. I thought he looked it at the beginning although I accepted he could just be one of those players who doesn't do a fat lot but will get on the end of things. He could turn it around and be that player, but looking at his technical ability and knowing the pressures of the premier League I highly doubt it.
But he has actually scored 5 goals - which I believe is more than just a few of his team-mates.

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
But he has actually scored 5 goals - which I believe is more than just a few of his team-mates.
And then he stopped scoring because the Portuguese left him to play by himself and he didn't feel loved?

Grant Holt once scored 15 in a season for Norwich, doesn't mean he was a better player than 18/19 Jimenez.

Last edited:

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
at least he makes himself available to play and tries to score where as a certain team mate is a perennial sick note
The lack of control was off the scale in the liverpool game. A professional footballer should be able to control a ball.

Whether it is a lack of confidence i just don't know. Football can be brutal and you need characters in the team. He doesn't deserve a spot in the side but the manager is too blame for that.

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This whole situation with Hwang reminds me of Jake Cassidy (who??) in League One. The lad used to get slated weekly on social media with the same **** Hwang is getting now.

Cassidy wasn't good enough, and was a League Two / Conference player!

Maybe it is a good comparison!

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
The lack of control was off the scale in the liverpool game. A professional footballer should be able to control a ball.

Whether it is a lack of confidence i just don't know. Football can be brutal and you need characters in the team. He doesn't deserve a spot in the side but the manager is too blame for that.
To be honest I am really not a Hwang fanboy. I'll leave that to the Koreans but i do like to stand up for the underdog.
Lack of control or not - there were instances of both in the Liverpool game - does it equate to effectiveness of a footballer?
There are examples of footballers that couldnt trap a bag of cement but were very effective - such as our own Steve Bull. Yet, there are those with balletic skills that dont make it professionally - such as those kids that win the football juggling competitions. The Harlem Globe trotters can be another good example. They are so skillful yet are only in the Globe trotters because they cant make it in a professional team.
Am I I going off on a tangent? Perhaps a little but there is more to football than pure skill.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My guess is huang is a confidence player. Note that he had terrible control at times when he was scoring too. Remember him dribble the ball straight off the pitch with no one near him at leeds? And several other dreadful touches in that game. I commented that he must have been knackered to be that bad.

What does annoy me though is his habit of falling over and blaming non existent fouls. He and pod are bad for that. Pod dives, huang falls, that's the only difference.

Confidence is down to management and overall team though. As others have pointed out, the togetherness nuno created looks to have gone completely - a big reason why lage is not the man for me. His man management looks really poor.

Jericho

Reaction score
Cassidy wasn't good enough, and was a League Two / Conference player!

Maybe it is a good comparison!
Exactly, he wasn't good enough, so why give the player abuse when it's the manager that's picking the team?

Do you honestly expect Hwang to put has hand up and ask Bruno not bring him on?

This era at Wolves is the best I have seen, so forgive me if I come to the defence of Hwang -when there are people suggesting he would make the Wolves worst 11 of all time. Give me a break.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exaxctly. I could name 10 forwards in the 90s ALONE who were Conference level compared to Hwang. Ridiculous statement!

Yes. It's actually those statements that are truly among the most ridiculous I've heard in 40 years! There's been a fair few 15+ goal a season Championship strikers who couldn't score 5 in a Premier League season, ever.

It sends your head spinning sometimes. For Fabio, read many times that "35M is what you have to pay these days, it's nothing at this level". Yet apparently 14M is going to bankrupt us" , "it's the biggest waste of money ever". So many messages whinging about £14M. Less than we paid for Costa in the Championship? A guy who scored 1 premier league goal.

Last edited:

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Fair enough. What's got really tiresome is that the forum has turned into the Wolverhwangton Hwangderers forum! People are mentioning his name every other post on every single thread. As if we need to be told for the 1000th time that his control is no good. It's getting to a point when you do have to wonder about the mentality of those who send several messages every single day consisting of abuse, insults or just pointing out again and again that he made a mistake. The match day thread is now the Hwang day thread. Why not just post a million times that water is wet? It's as tedious.

I don't think it's racism either, these scapegoating campaigns just snowball with the herd mentality. It's a cheap laugh and vents some general anger from those powerless to express their anger with the world in any other way, perhaps? Whatever, just give it a rest. You made your point.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage hanging Podence out to dry over a medical issue is another symptom of deeper problems. If you look at how many old pros have massive health problems now arising from playing with jabs then l don't blame Podence one little bit.... The fact is that Lage was trying to save his own neck - think that he's an honorary Scouser - never his fault!

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fair enough. What's got really tiresome is that the forum has turned into the Wolverhwangton Hwangderers forum! People are mentioning his name every other post on every single thread. As if we need to be told for the 1000th time that his control is no good. It's getting to a point when you do have to wonder about the mentality of those who send several messages every single day consisting of abuse, insults or just pointing out again and again that he made a mistake. The match day thread is now the Hwang day thread. Why not just post a million times that water is wet? It's as tedious.

I don't think it's racism either, these scapegoating campaigns just snowball with the herd mentality. It's a cheap laugh and vents some general anger from those powerless to express their anger with the world in any other way, perhaps? Whatever, just give it a rest. You made your point.
Oh, I do agree it's tedious and childish at times. But we have been on such a bad run of form that the negativity is exacerbated because there aren't a lot of positives to talk about, Hwang just happens to be the latest in a poor run of form. He seems to have had 3 or 4 face palm moments when his legs have either given way or he's completely fumbled in a short space of time. Before Hwang we had 6 active Traore threads where he was either the next Maradona or the next Darren Anderton, such is this forum.

The thing with Hwang is, I think most of the frustration comes from Bruno, he slags off Podence and others, then defends Hwangs recent performances, fans aren't stupid and are ****ed off with seeing his poor performances so what way other than posting on here and grumbling at the games to show the manager he shouldn't be on the pitch?

We arent any different to any other club, play well we will love you - if you're **** we will let you know.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing with Hwang is, I think most of the frustration comes from Bruno, he slags off Podence and others, then defends Hwangs recent performances, fans aren't stupid and are ****ed off with seeing his poor performances so what way other than posting on here and grumbling at the games to show the manager he shouldn't be on the pitch?

There's a pretty obvious explanation for that - Bruno feels like "Podence and others" need to work harder, so he "slags them off", while he feels like Hwang tries hard but needs a confidence boost so he praises his efforts.

And I really don't think that fans are criticising Hwang on here because they think that will influence Bruno's team selection in 3 months time, that's a hell of a reach! They're doing it because they don't like Hwang or they want to lash out.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that in our desperation for Fabio to score goals and prove that he's a generational talent we are being a bit harsh on Hwang. He has ability and at least he seems to want to be here.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage hanging Podence out to dry over a medical issue is another symptom of deeper problems. If you look at how many old pros have massive health problems now arising from playing with jabs then l don't blame Podence one little bit.... The fact is that Lage was trying to save his own neck - think that he's an honorary Scouser - never his fault!

Did Lage hang Podence out to dry for that? Seem to remember Podence getting criticism here for it, but the media just reported it as an explanation with no judgement attached.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that in our desperation for Fabio to score goals and prove that he's a generational talent we are being a bit harsh on Hwang. He has ability and at least he seems to want to be here.
What ability does he have, though? Many of us have seen him play live on several occasions: I remember palace away when his song was sung for the first time, non stop second half as we watched a terrible display throughout the team and Hwang contributed nothing except for some runs to put opponents under pressure. Then after he returned from injury we watched him wave his arms around at team mates if he didn't get the ball; fall down and stay down when we were losing; miscontrol the ball on numerous occasions; pass the ball sideways or backwards but rarely into space for his team mate to run onto. He missed chances he should have put away: arsenal, Liverpool.
Anyway, it's close season. Maybe he will return a new player and contributes something to the team. If he does, then everyone will be happy, we want him to succeed, that will benefit our club. But at the moment, being chosen over Podence or fabio, he's been non existent to a liability on the pitch.
He has the close season to work on his basic skills. Let's all hope he does so!

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There's a pretty obvious explanation for that - Bruno feels like "Podence and others" need to work harder, so he "slags them off", while he feels like Hwang tries hard but needs a confidence boost so he praises his efforts.

And I really don't think that fans are criticising Hwang on here because they think that will influence Bruno's team selection in 3 months time, that's a hell of a reach! They're doing it because they don't like Hwang or they want to lash out.
That's your interpretation, mine is that he thought hwang was the solution to our lack of creativity and goals in the second half of the season and he was wrong. I think we would have created much more with podence on the pitch.

Criticism of players echoes through social media, Bruno will feel that the fans are. frustrated with hwang. It happens. Hwang had a clean slate when he started, it looked like he could be the cult hero we are desperate for, but he's just not very good at all, add in the fact that the club clamoured for him when they didn't need to it's just the latest questionable decision by who ever is pulling the strings.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's your interpretation, mine is that he thought hwang was the solution to our lack of creativity and goals in the second half of the season and he was wrong. I think we would have created much more with podence on the pitch.

Podence, who was injured, and apparently would've had to play through an injury and risk aggravating it in what were little more than dead rubbers...

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know it's clutching a straws a bit but the fact that Joelinton can turn from the biggest flop in the world to a player of the year gives me something to cling onto that I shouldn't be writing off the likes for Fabio and Hwang too soon.

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Podence, who was injured, and apparently would've had to play through an injury and risk aggravating it in what were little more than dead rubbers...
In hindsight yes, but Hwang has been chosen Infront of Silva, Neto, Jimenez and Chiquinho when we were still chasing a European spot.

Let's see how it pans out, when he's picked I will always want him to play well, but I really can't see a player there at all.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
at least he makes himself available to play and tries to score where as a certain team mate is a perennial sick note

Mate you are defending Hwang and of course that is you opinion but the simple fact is he is a professional footballer who cant control a ball. His performance on Sunday was dreadful and he has been dreadful whenever he has played this year. I am simply staggered he cant control a ball.

Back
Top Bottom