Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Just wished we could split the threads...Our summer business in one and the other teams in another...... personally I don't care who other teams sign, granted we are in the same league but I'm not fussed about it and dont wanna spend all summer reading the same posters going on about Villa , Fulham.

All I wanna read about is OUR transfer business

Won't be long before statements like 'villa are leaving us for dust' again......despite us finishing above them in every league (adults and kids ) that we have faced them in....a clean sweep across the board.....

Rant over....please can we have two threads for summer transfer .....
I've done one for purely rumours not general discussions over the last few seasons, could do one again, this was last summer's one. Some interesting names on there :)

Squad Refresh (Rumours) Digest

Raymont

Reaction score
If we sell our players before buying teams will know we are both cash rich and desperate for players, which plays into their hands.

It does seem like we see selling and buying prices as though other clubs have one over on us. As frustrating as it would be, I almost don't want the club to discuss their strategy because it seems to position us poorly when it comes to closing deals out.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Just wished we could split the threads...Our summer business in one and the other teams in another...... personally I don't care who other teams sign, granted we are in the same league but I'm not fussed about it and dont wanna spend all summer reading the same posters going on about Villa , Fulham.

Won't be long before statements like 'villa are leaving us for dust' again......despite us finishing above them in every league (adults and kids ) that we have faced them in....a clean sweep across the board.....

Can be done, if thats what posters want and will stick to. Otherwise posters will continue to put everything on one thread and it just becomes something else we have to nag about.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So frustrating watching people stress about incomings.
Most don't realise how difficult it is to navigate a transfer window in today's market.
We have been told the plan, sell to buy.
So have patience that once we start seeing our best players leave, Starting with Neves to Arsenal for 35 million in 15 installments over 25 years. Then we can concentrate on bringing in the "right players" at the "right time" for the "right price"
Starting with a 10 million offer for Kieffer Moore at 9.45pm on dead line day followed by 15 mins of disappointment until the window closes.
Just have faith.
That's the Keiffer Moore who scored the goal that won promotion to the PL for Bournemouth l assume.....

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can be done, if thats what posters want and will stick to. Otherwise posters will continue to put everything on one thread and it just becomes something else we have to nag about.
I think it will be better , you see loads of new comments on a transfer thread and it's all about villa....if that's what they wanna talk about then fine....but some might just wanna read about us ...just my opinion.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Of course it actually isn't always easy to separate the two as we may have the same target(s) as some other PL teams and some of them might be after some of our players.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two other suggestions. Could we have a 'Take the **** out of Hwang' thread and another 'just general moan' thread please.

Reactions: DPE

Houston Lobo

Reaction score

I’d like 3 please -

1. Just the player linked and the source (screengrab, link, etc.) with no discussion.
2. Discussion threads for each link posted.

- that way you’re not trawling through pages of posts just to find one link. If you come back on and see ‘New’ you get excited that there’s a new addition and can go straight to it.
- 1 would need to be moderated so that if anything else is posted then it just gets deleted.

3. Other teams transfer business, both links and discussion.

Last edited:

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d like 3 please -

1. Just the player linked and the source (screengrab, link, etc.) with no discussion.

- that way you’re not trawling through pages of posts just to find one link. If you come back on and see ‘New’ you get excited that there’s a new addition and can go straight to it.
- 1 would need to be moderated so that if anything else is posted then it just gets deleted.

Ive no problem discussing rumours on same thread,but as you say keep other teams business separate
Having different threads to each rumour for discussion would be painful
Of course if its a big possible signing we can have another Talisca thread lol
A simple Wolves only rumours thread would work if people just comply

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When we are looking at andre almeida who is announced in the portgual u21 squad, and palinha in the portugal squad.

And a name of vitor ferreria (vitinha) is also announced in the portgual squad, goncalves and vitinha ones that got away.

Vitinha what a let down for not spending the money, when we are looking to spend 14m on hwang..

1653492424211.png

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d like 3 please -

I don’t think it’s realistic that that would be stuck to, which just causes headaches for @Mutchy and @bod101.

Perhaps a more realistic one is just a sticky post at the top of this thread with a link to a separate thread where linked rumours are posted but no discussion is had.

Then you can see rumours there and discussion here. That’s more realistic than 3 threads I think.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s realistic that that would be stuck to, which just causes headaches for @Mutchy and @bod101.

Perhaps a more realistic one is just a sticky post at the top of this thread with a link to a separate thread where linked rumours are posted but no discussion is had.

Then you can see rumours there and discussion here. That’s more realistic than 3 threads I think.
Just needs common sense Chris,oh wait,,,,,,,

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I doubt the club are going to tell us "the plan" though mate.

There's no point taking what they say in the AskWolves videos too as gospel either, based on last year's.

They wouldn't be able to tell us the plan anyway, as there isn't one. There hasn't been a plan for over two years other than spend nothing and stay up.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score

Tried it before, too many people who like to spoil.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So as it stands we have Moutinho, Marcal, Saiss out of contract. Several players with 2 years remaining on their contracts and offer on the table for MGW and supposedly Moutinho for months now but nothing doing there it seems. Has Saiss been offered a new deal?

Our star player looking like he is leaving and he was offered a new deal but understandably wants European football.

Would be nice to hear if any of our current players we have offered contracts to want to renew or will they all reject the offers?

Are players like Semedo going to get another contract? Seems so much uncertainty to me at the moment. More than in recent years anyway.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So as it stands we have Moutinho, Marcal, Saiss out of contract. Several players with 2 years remaining on their contracts and offer on the table for MGW and supposedly Moutinho for months now but nothing doing there it seems. Has Saiss been offered a new deal?

Our star player looking like he is leaving and he was offered a new deal but understandably wants European football.

Would be nice to hear if any of our current players we have offered contracts to want to renew or will they all reject the offers?

Are players like Semedo going to get another contract? Seems so much uncertainty to me at the moment. More than in recent years anyway.
Neto has just signed a new deal......saiss and moutinho have both been offered a year but both want longer ....None of us would offer Saiss any longer than another year......and probably mouthiho......

Moutinho should get a year plus year option for me.....no longer ....

One minute your moaning Saiss should never play for us again, then we haven't offered him a new deal

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That’s all true, and it does seem everything is up in the air.

But for balance, Liverpool are lauded as having done fantastic business and squad management the past few years to keep pace with Man City, they have Salah and Mane both out of contract next summer with neither looking close to signing a new deal at the moment.

That’s not to say we don’t have a lot to sort, I just think it sometimes helps to see some balance with other clubs as it keeps you a bit more grounded when you remember that football is quite a fluid sport in terms of squad make up and players/ managers/ staff moving around so frequently.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So frustrating watching people stress about incomings.
Most don't realise how difficult it is to navigate a transfer window in today's market.
We have been told the plan, sell to buy.
So have patience that once we start seeing our best players leave, Starting with Neves to Arsenal for 35 million in 15 installments over 25 years. Then we can concentrate on bringing in the "right players" at the "right time" for the "right price"
Starting with a 10 million offer for Kieffer Moore at 9.45pm on dead line day followed by 15 mins of disappointment until the window closes.
Just have faith.
Have faith. Now where have I heard that before?

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have a feeling this one might move quickly if we can agree a fee of course... No doubt agents Wolves etc have been talking about this move behind the scenes for a while....

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto has just signed a new deal......saiss and moutinho have both been offered a year but both want longer ....None of us would offer Saiss any longer than another year......and probably mouthiho......

Moutinho should get a year plus year option for me.....no longer ....

One minute your moaning Saiss should never play for us again, then we haven't offered him a new deal

I didnt say I wanted Saiss to stay but it is common knowledge the club offered him a new deal as they have done with Moutinho. Neither have accepted for whatever reason.

I just have the feeling there is a lot up in the air at the club and that makes me uncomfortable.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I didnt say I wanted Saiss to stay but it is common knowledge the club offered him a new deal as they have done with Moutinho. Neither have accepted for whatever reason.

I just have the feeling there is a lot up in the air at the club and that makes me uncomfortable.
Yeah we don't want to overpay them and as free agents they know they can get good deals.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Let's stop messing about with Moutinho. Just give him the player-manager role and be done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom