Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Staying @ Wolves - Traore or Trincao or Barca / Sporting Swap Deals??

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interestingly enough he is part of the Barca squad down here in Sydney that will play an exhibition here tomorrow night.

Why are on earth are we allowing a guy on our books to be playing exhibitions in foreign countries? This "loan" deal is straight madness, if he gets injured tomorrow night it would complete this farce.
Very odd, is he still technically on their books at this stage?

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interestingly enough he is part of the Barca squad down here in Sydney that will play an exhibition here tomorrow night.

Why are on earth are we allowing a guy on our books to be playing exhibitions in foreign countries? This "loan" deal is straight madness, if he gets injured tomorrow night it would complete this farce.
The loan will simply have been the standard transfer window to transfer window type, so he is Barcelona's to do with as they wish until the next transfer window opens (on 1 June I believe).

He could have theoretically got a bad injury in his very first training session and been ruled out for the next 18 months in any case.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hope we can dispose, but clubs would be mad to spend 15-20 mill on him, I think he’ll either go on loan somewhere else or just rot on our bench for another season.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Traore thinks/knows he has no future with Barcelona, I’m surprised he hasn’t refused to go and play in an exhibition match.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The big argument to come with Barcelona will be who picks up the airfare to get him home.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The loan will simply have been the standard transfer window to transfer window type, so he is Barcelona's to do with as they wish until the next transfer window opens (on 1 June I believe).

He could have theoretically got a bad injury in his very first training session and been ruled out for the next 18 months in any case.
At least we might get an insurance payout. (Got to look on the bright side.)

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Technical director Scott Sellars, a key ally of chairman Jeff Shi is, like Kevin Thelwell before him, the new fall guy among supporters for everything that goes wrong, but that misjudges the ongoing role and influence of Gestifute, Jorge Mendes and his lieutenant Valdir Cardoso, a regular presence at matches. The Traore loan, for example, was a deal between Wolves, a Mendes club, Barcelona, a club Mendes has done dozens of deals with and Traore himself, a Gestifute client. It’s a Mendes deal.
From the latest Tim Spiers article.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is indisputable that - as Spiers says - that Wolves are a Mendes (Cardoso) club, Barca are (now) a Mendes club and Gestifute act on behalf of Adama. It is also indisputable to say that Sellars commented on how this was a good deal.

Maybe they are all (Mendes/Cardoso/Sellars) getting it wrong?

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's he suppose to say?
If you read the whole article he doesn’t really say a lot at all, majority of it is just an opinion piece without saying anything concrete as to what the plans are in the summer. Mentioning things we all know like the tweet Podence liked then unliked, how Lage said in a presser he’d like to keep Ruddy and now he’s gone, how we’re reliant on Mendes for all our big signings, and the ones that aren’t Mendes haven’t even been hits either…

It’s clear he’s got his info from the likes of Thelwell, Sellars etc. in the past, so of course he’s going to defend them on that regard, especially when he has a track record of slating Mendes and Gestifute going all the way back to when Fosun first came in.

Fair enough, Mendes may have been behind that deal to send Adama to Barcelona, but then why is Sellars coming out and commenting on it saying it was the best for all parties? He’s meant to be our sporting director, so if he has no involvement at all in any Mendes deal as Spiers is alluding to there in his defence, what’s he really good for? Just commenting on them after the fact?

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
100 per cent the plan was Trincao for Traore (imo). Trincao being a bit meh has curtailed that. I'd still do the swap given age potential and contract. Wouldn't pay for him though

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4 year contract if trincao came , but is he implying we would have to first swap traore and pay them extra as well?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
100 per cent the plan was Trincao for Traore (imo). Trincao being a bit meh has curtailed that. I'd still do the swap given age potential and contract. Wouldn't pay for him though

Yeah. I worry that our higher powers sometimes do things (or don't do things) now to pander to the fans.

The best way out of a ****ty situation is now to swap them. It probably leaves us with fewer issues to sort and more money overall.

But I think they're maybe worried about the backlash given how poor Trincao has been.

After already pandering to fans by signing Hwang earlier than we needed to, this could be another longer term mistake to try to save face shorter term.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barca may have Rapinho from Leeds next season too,and after Traore has failed to impress our options are limited
Have him back probably in a worse shape than before mentally,or swap for Trincao who doesnt seem to fancy it here either lol
I have a bit of sympathy for the club they tried to get a decent sale over the line,imo,but the player has not really performed and its backfired badly
Personally i would rather we sold him,or did a swap,wherever, as i cant see him doing any good here now,he wasnt happy before so who knows what he will be like if he returns

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If both clubs could flip Traore and Trincao onto other clubs it could be a very beneficial move ffp wise. Would need to be a Mendes special

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama Traore scoring in the Barcelona vs A-League all stars game. Problem is its not the Wolves variant. Our variant has been pretty anonymous.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah. I worry that our higher powers sometimes do things (or don't do things) now to pander to the fans.

The best way out of a ****ty situation is now to swap them. It probably leaves us with fewer issues to sort and more money overall.

But I think they're maybe worried about the backlash given how poor Trincao has been.

After already pandering to fans by signing Hwang earlier than we needed to, this could be another longer term mistake to try to save face shorter term.

Not sure about pandering to fans by signing Hwang, I'm pretty sure the majority of us wanted us to wait until the end of the season to make a decision on him and strengthen in January in different areas

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure about pandering to fans by signing Hwang, I'm pretty sure the majority of us wanted us to wait until the end of the season to make a decision on him and strengthen in January in different areas

I think it was done in panic to deflect from the lack of other activity. But it didn't work, because fans saw straight through it.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If both clubs could flip Traore and Trincao onto other clubs it could be a very beneficial move ffp wise. Would need to be a Mendes special
No problem moving Trincao on to another Portuguese or Spanish club, but could Barca shift Traore...?

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No problem moving Trincao on to another Portuguese or Spanish club, but could Barca shift Traore...?
Maybe to another Mendes club such as Valencia. The money for that ofset by Guedes leaving.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Barca will only take him if they get to swap him for somebody they really dont want and looking at how they have used him so far he's only going to be a squad player there.
Hear me out with my mad theory.
We swap Traore for Trincao,
Barca then use Traore as a bargaining chip as he is wanted by Leeds for Raphina who is wanted by Barca. We then have a bargaining chip in Trincao who is wanted by Sporting and we want either one or both of their centre midfielders. Mendes gets paid loads and we benefit. It’s better than having Traore leave for 10-15m or nothing in 12 months and loan to buys could be used to offset transfer money etc

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IMO having got ourselves in the position we are in, the value of keeping him for the next season even as an impact sub far, far outweighs the value in selling him, at this moment in time. No club right now will offer anything near £20m and unless he has some kind of crazy purple patch between now and next June, his value given his contract will only decrease anyway.

We may aswell keep him. Yes he may not even play a big part but for a squad which we want to build (don't we?) he is an incredible impact player. There probably was not one game since he left where for the last 10mins I did not think "would be nice to get Adama on now" and I think deep down many would have thought the same.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barca then use Traore as a bargaining chip as he is wanted by Leeds for Raphina who is wanted by Barca. We then have a bargaining chip in Trincao who is wanted by Sporting and we want either one or both of their centre midfielders. Mendes gets paid loads and we benefit. It’s better than having Traore leave for 10-15m or nothing in 12 months and loan to buys could be used to offset transfer money etc
What used to be called the Mendes carousel , is now called Jorge's Rubiks cube.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stupidly convoluted but might just work.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

not mad at all, in a mendes world. probably what's happening with trincao to sporting link

Back
Top Bottom