Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hwang

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks as though Hwang stays if Lage stays, both likely I think.

This is the kind of comment and misplaced loyalty that can quickly undermine everything a club is trying to achieve. Most wolves fans can see how truly limited a player hwang is; you've got real talent like Podence with his reaction to lage preferring hwang to him, a decision that ensured we lost on Sunday, and even fabio laughing at hwangs ineptitude; you've got professionals like Moutinho and Neves who will see hwang for what he is, an attempt to get into the South Korean market; yet our manager likes him because he sees him in recovery lots of times and he gives him cookies for his birthday.
A manager that slated our young players after a bad display by Hoever and Lage's own inability to control his emotions after a loss, comes out with support for a player who has palpably demonstrated game after game that he is not a premier league player.
Someone on another thread described having a season ticket as being in a lottery with this manager and the performances we've had to watch. I'm still unbelievably happy that I can get a season ticket, come to molineux and watch my beloved wolves. I'm very lucky and I appreciate it. But if going is like being in a lottery then everytime I see hwang on the pitch I have this awful feeling before I scratch the lottery card that I know the numbers aren't there. I hope Lage is dismissed as soon as possible and Hwang gets a free transfer to Leeds on the basis that he has to play each game.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've only read the first two pages of this thread. And I'm not normally a snowflake about this kind of thing, but this is pretty distasteful. You really need to have a look at yourselves. Yes, it's not worked out and he hasn't been great after a promising start. But it isn't as tho the bloke isn't trying, he's just not good enough for where we are. Your vitriol should be aimed at the recruitment team for getting him and the manager for persisting with him, rather than the player himself. What's he going to do? Say "No boss, I'm not good enough to be playing!"

This thread is pretty embarrassing really.

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Over two full seasons, which equate to 21 full games. In other words, just over half a season.

Most of his games have amounted to dribs and drabs at the end; this season alone, he's been brought on and played single-digit minutes in 12 games.

Added to which, the kid is still learning his trade, whereas Hwang is - or should be - at his peak, being 26.
Spot on.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A decent response, thank you. You too. Am on here more than normal as had ankle surgery yesterday. The lady with dementia opposite in the ward hardly helped me to sleep....

Sending you best wishes for a speedy recovery tho I know these things, particularly if ligaments were involved, can be slow!!

Nevertheless you’ll soon be out and about and back home for RnR

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Show a bit of respect to the player ffs
Says the bloke that’s fuming whenever we turn in a mediocre performance, or aren’t able to trouble the big boys.

I agree with your sentiment in almost all cases, but if you were watching Sunday, that disasterclass alone would justify the ripping he’s getting.
Woeful woeful technique, can’t wait to see the back of him. Hwang and Dendoncker are the only players from this era I’ve said that about.

Kcb92

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm currently in Cornwall but I'll drive back and take him to Leeds myself if necessary

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
64 years of supporting Wolves and Hwang would easily make our worst ever eleven.
If Leeds want him GREAT
get it done ASAP.
In the top level l agree at least thus far. I still remember the utter dross (half if who seemed to have been picked up from Wolvo pub leagues) during the Bhatti era though.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The reason Hwang keeps getting picked has become clear. See below a quote from Bruno:

“I’m very happy with him - even now more happy because last week, as you know, it was my birthday and he gave me a box of cookies.”
Teacher's pet. Maybe that's why the other players don't seem to like him that much.

64 years of supporting Wolves and Hwang would easily make our worst ever eleven.
If Leeds want him GREAT
get it done ASAP.
POLL - Who would you rather have next season, Hwang or Willian José?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

8gw68t1krf161.jpg

We all know he runs a lot. He ran the same channels as Neto and got into the same positions as Neto.

The issue was and always has been end product. He had a 50% pass success rate. Our next worst was Toti with 72%.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We all know he runs a lot. He ran the same channels as Neto and got into the same positions as Neto.

The issue was and always has been end product. He had a 50% pass success rate. Our next worst was Toti with 72%.
If we want someone who runs a lot bring back the Duracell bunny.....

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks as though Hwang stays if Lage stays, both likely I think.

“I’m very happy with him - even now more happy because last week, as you know, it was my birthday and he gave me a box of cookies. He’s a lovely guy and a top professional. I see him at three o’clock, four o’clock in the club recovering, having treatments to be fit. That’s the kind of mentality and competitiveness we want in our squad.”

Model pro, who brings the boss cookies. That explains it then.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“I’m very happy with him - even now more happy because last week, as you know, it was my birthday and he gave me a box of cookies. He’s a lovely guy and a top professional. I see him at three o’clock, four o’clock in the club recovering, having treatments to be fit. That’s the kind of mentality and competitiveness we want in our squad.”

Model pro, who brings the boss cookies. That explains it then.
Tell Fabio to get down that cake shop.

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is the kind of comment and misplaced loyalty that can quickly undermine everything a club is trying to achieve. Most wolves fans can see how truly limited a player hwang is; you've got real talent like Podence with his reaction to lage preferring hwang to him, a decision that ensured we lost on Sunday, and even fabio laughing at hwangs ineptitude; you've got professionals like Moutinho and Neves who will see hwang for what he is, an attempt to get into the South Korean market; yet our manager likes him because he sees him in recovery lots of times and he gives him cookies for his birthday.
A manager that slated our young players after a bad display by Hoever and Lage's own inability to control his emotions after a loss, comes out with support for a player who has palpably demonstrated game after game that he is not a premier league player.
Someone on another thread described having a season ticket as being in a lottery with this manager and the performances we've had to watch. I'm still unbelievably happy that I can get a season ticket, come to molineux and watch my beloved wolves. I'm very lucky and I appreciate it. But if going is like being in a lottery then everytime I see hwang on the pitch I have this awful feeling before I scratch the lottery card that I know the numbers aren't there. I hope Lage is dismissed as soon as possible and Hwang gets a free transfer to Leeds on the basis that he has to play each game.

Yes but he did bring him a box of cookies for his birthday

Clipboard

Reaction score
A forum, so nothing in it. Bruno's just said he's great and is an important part of the squad so I doubt he's going anywhere this summer.
But then Bruno also said on Friday that he wanted Ruddy to stay. 3 days later, he's gone! . Couldn't make it up (unlike the Hwang rumour unfortunately).

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great minds or fools....

Being in hospital after an op yesterday, with a lady with dementia opposite going on and on and on, meant that l had lots of time to kill.....
Shall we arrange a visit from your favourite wolves player?

Get well soon!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He runs a lot... but I fear he may accidentally touch your ankle... and rather hard. Then he'll fall over and wave his arms at your ankle.
An Asian gentleman huh... lol

I don't dislike him, l just question his level, but accept that it's his first season in England. What worries me is that he seems to progressively get worse.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I do like it when in manager publicly supports a players as he goes through a bad period. Obviously he doesnt need to extend that support as far as selecting him as often has he's done. But I much prefer Lage doing this, than what he did to Hoever. As for Hoever its worth noticing though that when he did make a mistake last December, Lage quickly took the blame for it:
"“It was my decision to put Ki there. For wingers you don’t feel too much difference to play on the right or left, but for the full-backs it’s harder"
Obviously he should've shown the same in March when Hoever went off injured.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does chasing after a ball you’ve just tried to trap count as progressive yards. He runs around a lot but if you’ve got feet like 50p pieces and a touch like a trampoline you are not going to make a Premier League footballer. Hwang Hee Can’t.

It’s not his fault that we pay and play him, it’s the muppets who bought him, coach and pick the team.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang was the right sub for me against Liverpool....we needed pace on the break as it was causing Liverpool problem with Neto.....yes hwang could off done a lot better but he did get in some good positions.....

Silva was far too slow for that role, podence not fit and it's not Trincao game ...Bruno only option was hwang....I've been critical of adama before but we do miss his pace against the top teams..... probably would off had the same outcome as hwang and not scored but pace is the answer against the top teams as it gets you up the field....Silva isn't up to it against the top teams...

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does chasing after a ball you’ve just tried to trap count as progressive yards. He runs around a lot but if you’ve got feet like 50p pieces and a touch like a trampoline you are not going to make a Premier League footballer. Hwang Hee Can’t.

It’s not his fault that we pay and play him, it’s the muppets who bought him, coach and pick the team.

Poor guy can't win, can he? If he had a 90% success rate, the complaints would be that it didn't make any progress, it was all backwards/sideways!

He's not very good, we should have waited before buying, but he's just one of plenty of players out of their depth in this league. So long as Will Hughes is still in this league, Hwang isn't the worst - just.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang was the right sub for me against Liverpool....we needed pace on the break as it was causing Liverpool problem with Neto.....yes hwang could off done a lot better but he did get in some good positions.....

Silva was far too slow for that role, podence not fit and it's not Trincao game ...Bruno only option was hwang....I've been critical of adama before but we do miss his pace against the top teams..... probably would off had the same outcome as hwang and not scored but pace is the answer against the top teams as it gets you up the field....Silva isn't up to it against the top teams...
Chiquinho would have been better, imo.

Back
Top Bottom