Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Stonewall penalty!

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watched loads of replays (Ryan Leister on Twitter) showing the ‘shove’ by Konate on Toti in the second half. Well inside the penalty area with Toti just needing to touch in the cross put on a plate for him.

How on earth was that not a penalty?

VAR apparently reviewed it straight away and gave nothing.

I’ve watched it over and over again and it was a blatant push in Toti’s back. Absolute stonewall penalty imo. I’ve been wearing specs all my life but didn’t need them to see what happened. They are not rose tinted either!

If that had been at the other end of the pitch it would no doubt have been awarded.

Some decisions against us this season have just baffled me.

Unbelievable!

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watched loads of replays (Ryan Leister on Twitter) showing the ‘shove’ by Konate on Toti in the second half. Well inside the penalty area with Toti just needing to touch in the cross put on a plate for him.

How on earth was that not a penalty?

VAR apparently reviewed it straight away and gave nothing.

I’ve watched it over and over again and it was a blatant push in Toti’s back. Absolute stonewall penalty imo. I’ve been wearing specs all my life but didn’t need them to see what happened. They are not rose tinted either!

If that had been at the other end of the pitch it would no doubt have been awarded.

Some decisions against us this season have just baffled me.

Unbelievable!
It was a penalty, dead certainty it would have been given against us.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As already said, I couldn’t believe they didn’t show replays. You can virtually tell by the way a player goes down if there is anything in it. No way Toti goes down in that manner unless he had some assistance.

Not usually one for buying into conspiracy theories but things like that do make you wonder.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Less if one, but not shown too much either was TAA’s push in the back in Hwang, as he goes for the diving header on goal.

Oxford Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
When I saw it in real time on the tv I was convinced it was a pen. Carragher brushed it off and I thought wonder if he’ll stick to that conclusion when they show the replay!

Unbelievable they didn’t even show a replay, and within about 10 second they mentioned VAR was happy.

The big club bias is disgusting

MutchAdo

Reaction score
Blatant penalty and lo and behold it gets brushed over. I thought their first goal could have been marginally offside as well but no VAR lines coming for that one either. **** PL football it's corrupt as ****.

T

TheConcourse

Blatant cheating brings to and end another season of getting absolutely shafted by VAR.

No wonder few people challenge PGMOL. The league will be delighted with how things are going.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
It’s hard enough to try and win at Anfield, when you get decisions like that it’s virtually impossible.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Was that the one where Carragher said “he’s given him a shove and that’s put him off, but it’s not enough for a penalty”?
Carragher simply taking loyalty to the point of complete contradiction with the truth. Which pretty much sums up the old hacks
on Sky, with the latter willingly providing the means for them to demonstrate their 'art'. The absence of replays or a discussion of any meaningful sort is damning evidence of all parties. It must end one day because it stinks to high heaven already.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One reason im not renewing, blatant cheating and what is the point of VAR when it is only used for the so called big 6

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Toti didn't even appeal so don't think he felt the push was that strong

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He rushed to get back in position. He was playing to the whistle, an old fashioned concept I know.Perhaps he should have gone down, stayed down and forced them to look at it. In the Brighton game the other week didnt one of their players go down and stay down to force the VAR penalty review on the one they missed.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I saw this and was also a bit confused it wasn't mentioned at all.

epic

Groupie
Reaction score
The phrase that pundits have used for many years when justifying not giving a penalty is "Anywhere else on the pitch and that is a free kick". Why is that then ? Yes a penalty will be awarded but so it should - a foul is a foul no matter where it takes place on the pitch and should be punished accordingly !!

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They had plenty of angles on the ball hitting Boly in the chest though…

“It hits his arm but his arms are down by his side”

It didn’t, it hit his chest

Same with Coady - multiple replays

Between this, the shove on Toti, the flares thrown into our end, the never ending offended status - is it any wonder everyone hates them?

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He was on the floor while 3 / 4 wolves players around him had arms up appealing!

I actually think you could argue konate was running back and Toti stepped into his path, so whether it’s a pen is debateable - but ‘neutral’ carragher dismissing, var barely looking and sky / motd glossing over it, are the issue here

It really is one rule for them….. 48 games without a pen against them, no home defeats in Prem Lge since 2017

No quibble with how good they are - but rules should apply to all. To those saying ‘it’s always been like that’ - well var etc has supposedly created a fairer game. Not if bias still exists!

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did Motd show it as I don't recall them having a close look either.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was on the floor while 3 / 4 wolves players around him had arms up appealing!

I actually think you could argue konate was running back and Toti stepped into his path, so whether it’s a pen is debateable - but ‘neutral’ carragher dismissing, var barely looking and sky / motd glossing over it, are the issue here

It really is one rule for them….. 48 games without a pen against them, no home defeats in Prem Lge since 2017

No quibble with how good they are - but rules should apply to all. To those saying ‘it’s always been like that’ - well var etc has supposedly created a fairer game. Not if bias still exists!

On the Sky comms, they did briefly ask if there was call for a penalty, but as you said, they didn’t show a replay (unlike the potential penalty shouts down the other end), dismissed it and of course VAR dismissed it in seconds. I think a Liverpool player could literally have punched one of our players in the box, and the officials would have said it was an accidental collision.

Back
Top Bottom