Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

T

TheConcourse

Got a friend who works in football who mentioned Connor Goldson last week. He’s a manager in the football league… the contact, not Goldson..!!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had a few to many last night and only thing I recall of any substance was that Tracey (behind the bar) has decided she can quit after starting a onlyfans channel.
How much did you promise to spend???

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Heard James mcclean signing on a a 1 year deal to cover the lw position till primary target arrives the following year.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Goldson is nowhere near good enough for the Premier League in my opinion. Would be a dreadful signing.

He's faster than our current centrebacks, and probably in the same range as Kilman when it comes to passing. Decent player. Could well be a good prem player, and his pace would help us switch to a four. But at this point I'd prefer us to sign a centreback that we know is top quality. He'd be on a free so...I wouldn't say no to signing him to come in and compete for a place, but I wouldn't be happy with him as our main CB signing.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's faster than our current centrebacks, and probably in the same range as Kilman when it comes to passing. Decent player. Could well be a good prem player, and his pace would help us switch to a four. But at this point I'd prefer us to sign a centreback that we know is top quality. He'd be on a free so...I wouldn't say no to signing him to come in and compete for a place, but I wouldn't be happy with him as our main CB signing.

Bassey is miles better. Goldson is a championship player in my opinion. We should be looking at far better ideally.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bassey is miles better. Goldson is a championship player in my opinion. We should be looking at far better ideally.

I agree Bassey is better, but he wouldn't come on a free and I think would be just as much of a gamble at the level we're aiming for.
Basically, if we signed either of them I'd still want us to sign a top-quality CB in addition. So of the two I'd be fine with signing the one who is free.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Knew a lads brother who went to school with him. Was a grade A ***** apparently, but many are as kids

Ye, was a bit like that, good footballer though he used to play upfront before changing to cb, played in the same side as him up until he left before 6th form if I remember correctly

Cuban Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
No pub rumours so far today! Did everybody spend all their money yesterday? ;)

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Goldson's Dad is a huge Wolves fan, someone who is well-known as well among certain sections of the support.

I'd be happy if he joined but agree a new centre-back would still be needed. Emerged as a real leader for Rangers, attacks the ball very well and their record in Europe shows he's a good defender.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How can you Kilman has improved. Nuno point blank didn’t like him. Kilman was solid day one so for me Bruno hasn’t improved him.

Bruno brutally has t improved any player and has persisted with players out of form, biggest example in Raul
Well, how much he improved him is almost impossible to measure because there is no linear cause and effect that can be traced back in isolation. Trusting him to start regularly can't have hurt him though.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was in hogshead at 11-30 for a couple.But nobody was ****ed so I day hear ought. :tonguewink:

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom