Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Season Ticket Prices /Relocation/New STs

rubyloo

Reaction score
Still no article, tweet, comment from Wolves about the new prices. For an organisation that likes to say they put they care about their customers - it seems a bit of a strange way to release the tickets for 22/23.

Seems to me that the club is completely silent on everything. Absolutely no sense whatsoever of direction, ambition, plans etc.

I'm not expecting them to email me a list of all their transfer targets but I find this radio silence in stark contrast to the start of the 'project'. They want me to commit to c.£1,200 renewal without even giving me the tiniest thread to cling on to.

I'm assuming a relegation scrap next season until I see something that tells me different.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talking to someone yesterday who has a corporate box... and is giving it up after many years because he no longer thinks it is worth the money. Not because the football is crap, but because the food provided for his guests has deteriorated to such an extent. Not much of it and no better than the average 'greasy spoon' he reckons and an embarrassment to take guests!

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talking to someone yesterday who has a corporate box... and is giving it up after many years because he no longer thinks it is worth the money. Not because the football is crap, but because the food provided for his guests has deteriorated to such an extent. Not much of it and no better than the average 'greasy spoon' he reckons and an embarrassment to take guests!
Is that in Steve Bull boxes?
Have heard they are pretty crap compared to what people usually expect for that type of thing.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems to me that the club is completely silent on everything. Absolutely no sense whatsoever of direction, ambition, plans etc.

I'm not expecting them to email me a list of all their transfer targets but I find this radio silence in stark contrast to the start of the 'project'. They want me to commit to c.£1,200 renewal without even giving me the tiniest thread to cling on to.

I'm assuming a relegation scrap next season until I see something that tells me different.
Maybe shi has realised that his early statements "we will be like city etc " or words similar to that made him look like a **** and he's scuttled for cover. . I don't trust them.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is that in Steve Bull boxes?
Have heard they are pretty crap compared to what people usually expect for that type of thing.
No, I think it's the WV1+ where you get a three-course meal as part of the hospitality package

Banks's Mild

Groupie
Reaction score
The best way to look at it if your not sure what to do is consider how many games you would go to if a member, assuming you can get a ticket of course. If you do 10 games taking into account membership cost and the 10% ticket cash which can be used against further ticket purchase, or you have a season ticket and re sell the other 9 the price would be pretty much the same. Assumptions used being cat b ticket prices for members purely for calculation (also guessing they are in line with new season ticket prices), and obviously someone buying your seat if re selling as a season ticket seat at 80%.
The more games you do the better value a season ticket becomes, and if less the membership is cheaper.
Main advantages of a season ticket also being a guaranteed seat when you want it plus you've got it for big cup games plus if we were lucky enough to get to another semi final and final you should get a ticket also.
On this basis, as much as I think our home form has made me have a serious think about renewing I know that I will always go to at least 10 home games a season regardless, this season missing my only 1 on Sunday, renewing is a no brainer really.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The sad fact is, if we hadn’t signed Sang Bin and Kawabe for a combined £1.5m (who have done nothing for us and went straight to Grasshoppers) then season tickets could have been frozen and Wolves would be no worse off.

R

reanswolf

There is definitely a drop off in interest, not surprising really given the stagnation over a couple of years.
Temp stand not even open tomorrow. 160 tickets left elsewhere.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is definitely a drop off in interest, not surprising really given the stagnation over a couple of years.
We aren't in form, our football is turgid and we are playing the worst team in the PL by a country mile, who are bringing about three men and a dog with them. What do you expect? Should start ringing alarm bells though.

R

reanswolf

We aren't in form, our football is turgid and we are playing the worst team in the PL by a country mile, who are bringing about three men and a dog with them. What do you expect? Should start ringing alarm bells though.
With more than 10,000 (apparently) on the waiting list, I'd expect us to sell out easily.
But indeed, it should start ringing alarm bells.

Hazza

Reaction score
The sad fact is, if we hadn’t signed Sang Bin and Kawabe for a combined £1.5m (who have done nothing for us and went straight to Grasshoppers) then season tickets could have been frozen and Wolves would be no worse off.
That is a great point

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stagnation being 8th in the Prem and six of the seven in front of us being among the richest clubs in the world

Perspective has always been lacking in football fans

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think it’s more to do with the football especially at home being ****in awful.

Greenoakwolf

Reaction score
Ok boys my first season ticket 1970, last season ticket 2021/ 22 next season ticket 22/23 If you feel your financial situation allows you to be able purchase a ticket pay it, if not choose your games,we're all wolves and football supporters

Bolas Wolf

Reaction score
Today was the end of an era, first game 6th February 1960, Wolves v Blackpool, Peter Broadbent,Ron Flowers, the atmosphere under the lights, the noise, the smell of the tobacco smoke swirling around our heads! The love of a team passed from father to son, Hughie Mac, Knocker, Doog, King John, Bully, Ruben, Raul to name but a few but today is the last day of that era! As season ticket holders in the South Bank for the last 20 years my son and I have decided to call it a day mainly due to the principle of my being asked to pay an increase of 20% on my season ticket. I have received a 3% increase on my pension this year and with the entire country feeling the effects of a possible recession feel that any increase in ticket prices is inappropriate! For me if a supplier that l had used for 20 years had announced a 20% price increase without explanation or without added value l would either search for another supplier ,or if not essential, cease to trade! So today was my last game at the Golden Palace, the inheritance that was passed from my father to me will now be broken from my son to his son! Mr Vinny this is not Formula one territory, we pay what we can, but we won’t be conned, decent price for a decent product, know your market! We’re all one pack goes the saying, it feels management are the Wolves and we the sheep to be fleeced, with the over 65’s the mutton to be sacrificed! So all the best for the future.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Renewed this morning after giving myself 24 hours to cool off after the latest ****show on Sunday. I have no great hopes for next season, but the fact the club will refund 80% rather than 50% of the cost of tkts you can't use, and in cash if that's how you want it, was a factor. As I get older, I don't much fancy matches on a weekday night in the middle of winter getting back at about 11.30pm after battling through the match traffic and a lot of unlit country roads. Let's hope FOSUN and Bruno surprise us all.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would the askwolves roundtable convince you to renew? If the top brass promise quality signings.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Today was the end of an era, first game 6th February 1960, Wolves v Blackpool, Peter Broadbent,Ron Flowers, the atmosphere under the lights, the noise, the smell of the tobacco smoke swirling around our heads! The love of a team passed from father to son, Hughie Mac, Knocker, Doog, King John, Bully, Ruben, Raul to name but a few but today is the last day of that era! As season ticket holders in the South Bank for the last 20 years my son and I have decided to call it a day mainly due to the principle of my being asked to pay an increase of 20% on my season ticket. I have received a 3% increase on my pension this year and with the entire country feeling the effects of a possible recession feel that any increase in ticket prices is inappropriate! For me if a supplier that l had used for 20 years had announced a 20% price increase without explanation or without added value l would either search for another supplier ,or if not essential, cease to trade! So today was my last game at the Golden Palace, the inheritance that was passed from my father to me will now be broken from my son to his son! Mr Vinny this is not Formula one territory, we pay what we can, but we won’t be conned, decent price for a decent product, know your market! We’re all one pack goes the saying, it feels management are the Wolves and we the sheep to be fleeced, with the over 65’s the mutton to be sacrificed! So all the best for the future.
Good to hear from another old timer. I was at that match against Blackpool, by the way! My recollection is that it was extremely foggy -- I was in the North Bank and literally couldn't see the other end of the pitch! Murray scored our goal down the South Bank end in a 1-1 but I think I heard about it by word of mouth, as I couldn't see a damn thing! I totally sympathise with with what you have said and agree. Very poor from the club. If I wasn't fortunate enough to have a decent occupational pension on top of the DWP one, I'd be doing exactly the same as you.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
Renewed this morning after giving myself 24 hours to cool off after the latest ****show on Sunday. I have no great hopes for next season, but the fact the club will refund 80% rather than 50% of the cost of tkts you can't use, and in cash if that's how you want it, was a factor. As I get older, I don't much fancy matches on a weekday night in the middle of winter getting back at about 11.30pm after battling through the match traffic and a lot of unlit country roads. Let's hope FOSUN and Bruno surprise us all.
Can I be lazy and just check, as I've heard a few people say this.
The current scheme only applies if the game is sold out. Presume the same applies next season?

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stagnation being 8th in the Prem and six of the seven in front of us being among the richest clubs in the world

Thats a very short sighted and simplistic way to look at it. Its like when you hear fans going on about us being in league one 8 years ago. That was then, this is now. You have to seize the moment and strive to be better. If you have a chance to kick on, you should do everything in your power to take that opportunity.While we might not realistically challenge the top 3, we shouldnt just have your attitude of accepting 8th spot because other clubs are richer than us.

Its no exaggeration to say at one stage a challenge for 4th place wasn't really out of the question. Was that reason we have tailed off and started playing so poorly down to Lage and his tactics? Was it down to a lack of investment or were we just complacent?

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yeah, but when you have been sold a ten-year 'Project' by billionaire owners that promised to get us to the Top Six (at least), you can be forgiven for being a tad disappointed that, at the half way stage of 'the Project', we have nose dived over the last one-third of the season to literally relegation form (11 points from 13 games) with our best players about to be sold off, and the team looking like it doesn't give a ****, as well as a clueless manager.... I think you have a right to feel let down. If FOSUN didn't mean what they said, they shouldn't have said it.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, but when you have been sold a ten-year 'Project' by billionaire owners that promised to get us to the Top Six (at least), you can be forgiven for being a tad disappointed that, at the half way stage of 'the Project', we have nose dived over the last one-third of the season to literally relegation form (11 points from 13 games) with our best players about to be sold off, and the team looking like it doesn't give a ****, as well as a clueless manager.... I think you have a right to feel let down. If FOSUN didn't mean what they said, they shouldn't have said it.

Its not even the results so much that bother me, its the performances. They are putting up ticket prices according to them in the last ask Wolves interview basically because we had improved the standard of players and improved the "product . Trust them they said, and we signed 1 decent player in the summer.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the email I got, that condition was not made clear.
It wasn't in the email l agree but nor was a lot of the small print. If l was a betting person l'd bet that it's just this year's scheme with the percentage returned increased.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That's sad mate,but so true.The fans that have good jobs and plenty of money will think it's a drop in the ocean.I could name at least 5 on here who will back these increases because they are flush and think the rest of us are just moaning.I've stated on this thread that there are a lot of fans fed up with these increases from what I've overheard in the pubs yesterday.I couldn't quite hear exactly what this group were saying,but I did hear one say he has to pay an increase of £247 because his son/sons have moved up an age category.That's bloody ridiculous with the way the cost of living is at the moment.Sorry you are leaving mate.From a fellow South banker.

Woody

Groupie
Reaction score
Its not even the results so much that bother me, its the performances. They are putting up ticket prices according to them in the last ask Wolves interview basically because we had improved the standard of players and improved the "product . Trust them they said, and we signed 1 decent player in the summer.
Although the last few games have been hard work, over the course of the season we've done ok results-wise as our position in the table would suggest, but it is the performances that are the major cause for concern. I haven't enjoyed this season very much at all, and my other half and I both agree that it seems on so few occasions we've walked out of Molineux thinking that we've played well.
Ironically, our best performances were probably those early games where we couldn't pick up a point.

MutchAdo

Reaction score
Empty seats everywhere. Musical chairs round by us as the single ticketers all moved around all game to sit with each other. Bit bizarre.
Highlight of the day was telling the two ******s who’d taken it upon themselves to sit in our seats to **** off when we turned up.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
Temp stand was open and pretty full?
Think I misdirected reans there by asking the question as to whether it was open. Seemed odd there were no tickets for sale but many elsewhere. Guess the ones on sale were mostly ST returns.

As I said earlier, 31k might even be the highest home fan attendance of the season?

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think I misdirected reans there by asking the question as to whether it was open. Seemed odd there were no tickets for sale but many elsewhere. Guess the ones on sale were mostly ST returns.

As I said earlier, 31k might even be the highest home fan attendance of the season?
Surely you didn't misdirect a poster, could have believed it in the Political section but not here!!;)

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Lots of empty seats in the North Bank.
I was sat in the North Bank Upper Tier yesterday.
I know for a fact, four empty seats around me were STH's friends not there. Holidays, an unavoidable event, and covid I think.
That's how I was able to have a nice, central seat in the top tier.
There were a a good few dozen empty seats in W8 and W9 in the Billy Wright Stand.
Yet , the Steve Bull looked pretty full upper and lower.

Back
Top Bottom