Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Neves x 200

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's been an absolute pleasure good Sir.

Still hoping we hold onto him somehow, bumper new deal & signings to start the new cycle.

Monswolf

Reaction score
It’s hard to put into words how important Ruben has been for us and how good of a player he is, however if the rumours are correct and Barcelona have ear marked as a replacement for Busquets then that tells us how good he really is

We have been truely blessed to see him wear th old gold and black for the last 5 years and looking at him and how he has conducted himself while here and the tears on the pitch today at the end with his family I thinks it’s clear to say that Mr Neves will always no matter what he a part of the pack

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thing given Ruben's reaction, that it is known Mendes was meeting the higher ups at Barcelona already, and that it is reported by someone reputable, then I'd say this is alot further along than we know.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Thing given Ruben's reaction, that it is known Mendes was meeting the higher ups at Barcelona already, and that it is reported by someone reputable, then I'd say this is alot further along than we know.
Yeah, I believe Neves was telling people he was gone last summer but the Roma/Xhaka thing didn't happen so the deal was scuppered.

Barca are reportedly open to letting Nico González go. I'd prefer him to Puig, he is more athletic & bigger + he is a sitting midfielder. He is a step down from Neves (although only 20) but if we can get him +£40M for Neves might be a goer

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like everyone else, i'll be so so gutted to see him go but think it's inevitable.

He's dedicated a good chunk of his career to play for us and hes created some fantastic memories.

He really deserves to be playing at the very top. Selfishly I do hope it's abroad and not another prem team though.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

I'm still hoping he would stay, but looking at the way we've played over the last 10 games perhaps he's changed his mind.
He deserves CL football in fairness and if we'd have got there i'm sure he would have stayed. If he does go we'll all be following what he does no doubt.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm still hoping he would stay, but looking at the way we've played over the last 10 games perhaps he's changed his mind.
He deserves CL football in fairness and if we'd have got there i'm sure he would have stayed. If he does go we'll all be following what he does no doubt.
I think he knows where he wants to be in his career, he's given us more than could have been asked, gut feeling is that gentleman's agreement is for him to go.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is that speculation or something you've heard?
Speculation but I’m going off Traore they will try use players that we don’t want and low offer. Personally I’d rather €70m and Jeff will probably hold out for that figure regardless of Mendes

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You said he was going to man utd a few days ago.... according to your source ...come on stop the bull****..
Where have I said Barcelona are signing him? Yes my source confirmed Man Utd have enquired for Neves, Ten Hag keen on him

Don’t shoot the messenger disco also I said above guess work by myself that Barca would rather throw in players the Spanish media are saying Mendes trying to get the price down. That’s not my word that’s the Spanish press matey boy!

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where have I said Barcelona are signing him? Yes my source confirmed Man Utd have enquired for Neves, Ten Hag keen on him

Don’t shoot the messenger disco also I said above guess work by myself that Barca would rather throw in players the Spanish media are saying Mendes trying to get the price down. That’s not my word that’s the Spanish press matey boy!
You ain't got a source...it all comes off internet stuff....and you edge bets....full of ****e ..

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Neves gone on this thread, lage going on another, i'll take my chances and wait and see what happens and hope at least one of them stay's

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It will be a sad day when Neves goes that’s for sure. He’s been impeccable and was the face of the project. I wish him well, football is a short career and if you’re talented enough to play for a top team you have to grab it. He owes us nothing but I hope the funds generated won’t be wasted on ‘potential’ again like the Jota money was. That would be even more disappointing than losing Neves.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

It will be a sad day when Neves goes that’s for sure. He’s been impeccable and was the face of the project. I wish him well, football is a short career and if you’re talented enough to play for a top team you have to grab it. He owes us nothing but I hope the funds generated won’t be wasted on ‘potential’ again like the Jota money was. That would be even more disappointing than losing Neves.
If we **** recruitment up this summer we can easily go down.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If ever I had kids that were good enough to be a footballer, Ruben is the player I would like him/her to model themselves on he is a model professional who its been a pleasure to watch over this past 5 years, he owes us nothing and I hope he goes on to achieve good things wherever he ends up. Thank you Mr Neves the memories will last forever.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Why do we need €60m??

Can’t we loan him to Barca for free for a year with no obligation to buy? That’s good business sense, right?
Yes excellent idea we can even pay his air fare. I’m sure our esteemed Mr Sellars is already contemplating such a deal.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ruben Neves has been the catalyst for a wonderful 5 years, easily the best in my 30 years supporting Wolves. I love him and think he is the best thing since sliced bread. Him and Joao have provided quality and consistency in abundance.

But I actually think now is the right time for them both to move on.

If we can replace them with Palhinha and Nico as our double pivot in front of a back 4 next year, that is a solid midfield upon which to build the new look Wolves.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've made my peace with him going, and have done for some time.

The major problem with us is our defence and we need to spend big to get at least one quality CB and a DM this summer, the latter which has different qualities to Neves, someone who is mobile and aggressive.

Fosun won't put money in so the only way we fill these major problems are through a sale and Neves is the only one that commands a big enough fee.

I still have faith that we actually have good attacking players. Gibbs-White, Podence, Neto, Traore (?), Silva, Jimenez, all capable IMO and could be/are very good. So give them the platform to play, don't make them do loads of defensive work to cover **** at the back, and we could be a good watch and still push for the top ten.

Unfortunately I have no faith that we spend that £50-60m on the players we need.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

You could say that about the majority of prem teams in any given year.
Sure, but we are going to be losing lots of players you'd think. You can argue we've ****ed recruitment up for a while but not suffered the consequences.

Palace is probably the best example, totally retooled their team and look pretty decent straight away.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keep looking at that pic and it proper chokes me.

Forget Wolves for a minute, and how we all feel. Put yourself in his shoes for a minute. The fact that such a talented player, came here so young and has such an amazing connection and affinity to us, let’s be honest a pretty second rate outfit in Premier league terns, is just unreal.

Seeing how emotional he is, and what it has clearly all meant to him, has proper upset me.

Of course life goes on and players come and go, but that doesn’t mean occasionally ones come along who just mean more.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Forget Wolves for a minute, and how we all feel. Put yourself in his shoes for a minute. The fact that such a talented player, came here so young and has such an amazing connection and affinity to us, let’s be honest a pretty second rate outfit in Premier league terns, is just unreal.

Seeing how emotional he is, and what it has clearly all meant to him, has proper upset me.

Of course life goes on and players come and go, but that doesn’t mean occasionally ones come along who just mean more.
Hopefully he'll pop back in 10 years time to say hello carrying multiple CL/Domestic trophies.
God knows he deserves it.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wonderful post Sedg, says it for me too!!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You ain't got a source...it all comes off internet stuff....and you edge bets....full of ****e ..
No it does not and thanks for the insults time you was banned! I was told neves was leaving a while ago! @bod101 this gentleman is rather insulting and using rude words. Children read this forum. People like disco should be ashamed of themselves

Back
Top Bottom