Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves u23 Vs WBA U23 - PL Cup Final 13/5/22

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
LEARN TO SHOOT

During the game. Goid performance but shoot, shoot, shoot . You can score without directing the ball towards the goal. I do not know if this is trained for at Wokves!
Agree

I do think a whole club change is needed this summer in tactics .

3 at the back simply creates **** all

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do we have a finishing coach? If so, WTF are they doing each week?

Living at other WWFC

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I do not work in football but I would have thought that penalty shoot outs, with losers having an ugly forfeit, would be a regular feature of training.

The team played some nice football but decision making was often awry.
All part of the learning process.
They will come out of it bigger

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Dare I say, something of Grealish about Cundle. Yeah, some very very promising prospects out there tonite.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How the heck have we lost that game ?, More possesion than them, More Corners than them, More shots than them, More penalty saves than them, yet we still managed to lose to them, any chance we might beat them at Tiddlywinks ?.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We play all that football to score then they put in a bad throw, flick it on and shoot for the same outcome :D

As I said previously, in the bigger picture we're fine as our players are a lot better as footballers but the lack of physicality and ruthlessness that seems to run throughout the club is a concern.
Can’t agree more the two words, physicality & ruthlessness sums it’s up.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do not work in football but I would have thought that penalty shoot outs, with losers having an ugly forfeit, would be a regular feature of training.

The team played some nice football but decision making was often awry.
All part of the learning process.
They will come out of it bigger
I don’t think you can really replicate a penalty shootout though. Shooting from 12 yards isn’t difficult, it’s the mental and psychological aspect that comes in to it which you only get when you’re in that situation.

Give the ones that missed a penalty in training and I reckon they could stick it too corner no problem, doing it in a pressure situation is completely different though.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bah! It's all about performances at that level though and we were streets ahead of WBA
I really hope so. Out of 1000's of matches I've ever watched, it's not rare for the best team to not win. But that really was one of the most extreme! Really, in none of our wins against the likes of City and Man U did we ever look as second best as Albion did. 2 scrappy half chances in 2 hours and they get 2 goals. Was like the Greece v Portugal Euro final again.

I would be happy if we never ever played them again. Seen enough now to know it's something we can never win.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Albion cannot build a stage let a lone a team. And they won!

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think you can really replicate a penalty shootout though. Shooting from 12 yards isn’t difficult, it’s the mental and psychological aspect that comes in to it which you only get when you’re in that situation.

Give the ones that missed a penalty in training and I reckon they could stick it too corner no problem, doing it in a pressure situation is completely different though.
There are ways but it isnt really legal

Hrothgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never a nice way to lose but really we should have won the game in the ninety if only we could take our chances. Gutted for the lads though as they played some super football and left nothing on the pitch and had the huge disadvantage of being the away side in a cup final! Hope they can get over this now and put Norwich to the sword next Tuesday and then go on to earn promotion. With any luck the 1st XI might show them the way on Sunday!

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow, a pitch invasion in an U23 match. I've never seen such levels of cringe. Embarrassing. The stripy lot really are clinging onto every shred of comfort they can get this season.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gotta feel for the lads, after playing that well and controlling the game for so long to end up in the losing team must really hurt.

It's even more disappointing to see snidey comments on this thread about our own youth players.
More at coaching not problem with the players

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Albion played 5-4-1 from the first minute. The only chance they had of getting anything was from set pieces. Wolves totally dominated the game and if they'd have fired the ball at the goal from the chances (like the first team) they had they would have won by a street. Felt sorry for Sondergaard in the end as he saved 3 of the pens, one of which was an astounding save. He needs to pull Sa to one side and show him..lol

Living at other WWFC

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

If you practise something, it becomes easier even if the practice is under a less intense situation.
For example, I am a school teacher of Spanish. I demand that GCSE students practise speaking with each other or anyone. Practice makes it less scary when you have to do it for real with Doctor Terror (that's me).
It really shouldn't be controversial.

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Side ways, side ways, back to centre half, back to keeper, back to center half, side ways, and repeat.

Did WBA keeper have a shot to save?

Coached like the first team on that showing.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Side ways, side ways, back to centre half, back to keeper, back to center half, side ways, and repeat.

They did that because Albion showed nothing going forward. 5-4-1 transitioning to 5-5-0. They only came into our half for set pieces. Saved at least 3 and picked the ball out of the net twice. Did you watch the game all the way through?

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They did that because Albion showed nothing going forward. 5-4-1 transitioning to 5-5-0. They only came into our half for set pieces. Saved at least 3 and picked the ball out of the net twice. Did you watch the game all the way through?
Yes.

WBA played to their strength……. and it worked.

We just huffed and puffed with no bloody penetration. Cundle playing like Billy Big *******s and not playing the simple pass, and don’t mention the side foot pen.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another example that if you want something done, ask a woman to do it.

As a member of goalkeeper's union have to feel for Sondergaard. Saves three and his team mates do that to him. Thanks for nothing.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Despite the result, it was a great night's entertainment. Some lovely football, from our side at least.
You have to hand it to the **** lads though, sticking to the task and staying in the game, despite being outclassed and getting a result.
Some good lessons for our lads. They have enough class and talent to make the best of it and come back stronger. The future is bright, if we can keep, develop and use some of this generation of Wolves players. I hope we do get to see some more of their confidence and enthusiasm in the first team squad.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Yes he did. Have to disagree, there was some of what you say, but Campbell, Cundle, Bueno were consistently in their penalty area, what was lacking was enough shooting - which yes is similar to the first team. Should have won, look on a different planet with our players compared to Albion’s, as another poster said lacking ruthlessness. We had already beaten them 4.0 this season.

Back
Top Bottom