Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Molineux Atmosphere

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
it really isn't an analogy. you said leeds fans would make it bounce
Done every away game this season and Leeds away is hands down the best atmosphere I have seen all season...no home ground has come anywhere near it.....that's why I said Leeds.....sorry should have said Rangers.....u think they wouldn't be able to sing in the north bank....

R

reanswolf

Done every away game this season and Leeds away is hands down the best atmosphere I have seen all season...no home ground has come anywhere near it.....that's why I said Leeds.....sorry should have said Rangers.....u think they wouldn't be able to sing in the north bank....
True but lets see what they are like a few seasons in and expectation rises.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t blame it on non STH when the atmosphere has been terrible all season.

The South Bank being all STH has negatively impacted the noise at Molineux. There is clearly a large number of STH in there who have no interest in actually contributing to the atmosphere.
A good half of the people in the J10 weren't regulars. They half contributed to the flat atmosphere at the start, some of the bigger singers weren't there, but the playing style and half hearted performance would've made it flat anyway. First time in 4 seasons people have sat down in the area around me. Can't blame them.
Left when the 3rd went in, was just painful watching. It was embarrassing, tried to get the crowd going a bit when we got a corner in about the 70th minute, but let's be honest, if we'd carried on playing we'd still be waiting for a consolation goal.

R

reanswolf

A good half of the people in the J10 weren't regulars. They half contributed to the flat atmosphere at the start, some of the bigger singers weren't there, but the playing style and half hearted performance would've made it flat anyway. First time in 4 seasons people have sat down in the area around me. Can't blame them.
Left when the 3rd went in, was just painful watching. It was embarrassing, tried to get the crowd going a bit when we got a corner in about the 70th minute, but let's be honest, if we'd carried on playing we'd still be waiting for a consolation goal.
Agree, more than anything it was highly dispiriting, the atmosphere afterwards on the train home was morbid...you could cut it with a knife. Solemn silence.

Been coming ay it though.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree, more than anything it was highly dispiriting, the atmosphere afterwards on the train home was morbid...you could cut it with a knife. Solemn silence.

Been coming ay it though.
Hogs was quiet for half an hour after the game...... Then the alcohol kicked in and it was a good laugh.
Thing is, it's been a proper good atmosphere at times this season.....but it's needed good exciting football and passion from the players to get us going. Leeds aren't much different to us, they've probably got another 5-10000 core fans, but they're as rowdy and supportive or not as we are.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hogs was quiet for half an hour after the game...... Then the alcohol kicked in and it was a good laugh.
Thing is, it's been a proper good atmosphere at times this season.....but it's needed good exciting football and passion from the players to get us going. Leeds aren't much different to us, they've probably got another 5-10000 core fans, but they're as rowdy and supportive or not as we are.
leeds "noisy"crowd hasn`t done them much good this season

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yesterday a lot of season ticket holders had decided not to come. All those round me didn’t go. It impacts the atmosphere as the dynamic changes, fans who don’t go often aren’t used to it and aren’t going to start a chant. It’s not a criticism of them but it’s like a party with strangers, sometimes they’re good and sometimes they’re poor. It does need the team to perform.
Where do you sit? That was certainly true in the NBU.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

The Leeds team has fight, even if they are losing 4-0. You can get behind that. Their fans were singing after the Man City game!
When there is no fight in the team you get booed, and deservedly so.

R

reanswolf

We were a bit like that on and off the pitch in our Premier season under Mick McCarthy, but under Fosun we have been classier and better, that is why it is so dispiriting.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

We were a bit like that on and off the pitch in our Premier season under Mick McCarthy, but under Fosun we have been classier and better, that is why it is so dispiriting.
It's dispiriting when you are on the edge of European football. There's 12 teams behind who would love to be in that position. But, If they carry on playing this way Newcastle , Leicester and Brighton will catch us. and we'll be 11th.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’d been on a good run, were fighting for their lives, scored goals and had optimism. We have been on a poor run and never score goals. Side set up with no possibility of scoring (corner aside) and then pass around our goal line with no outball.

Rocking first half vs Leeds - as good as any this season - hope that kills you.

I think we are in agreement and don't understand why you hope that kills me.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Leeds are great, also been there when they were indifferent

Couple of seasons ago we had best atmosphere in Prem

Swings and roundabouts

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Enclosing molineux means nothing if nobody makes a peep, we’ll just hear the farts echoing

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The atmosphere this season has been so bad. The south bank seems to be full of kids that don’t sing.

Molineux used to be intimidating I don’t think it is anymore

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like I've said before, atmosphere is dictated by what is happening on the pitch,not the other way round.

If the players aren't up for it then no amount of singing will change that,so moan about the North Bank or whoever as much as you want, it doesn't make a scrap of difference.

Going on about how great Leeds are, we never heard a peep from them at Molineux until their first goal.

Look at the 0-5 against United in 11/12, we were utterly dire, yet everyone seemed really happy because the South Bank had had a good sing song, most of it sarcasm aimed at the owner. The singing had literally no effect on the performance or outcome of the match.

Sort the team out first and the singing/atmosphere will follow. What are we going to sing about at the moment? "Fabio, Fabio, he tries real hard but his tally is O"

beppe7619

Reaction score
Like I've said before, atmosphere is dictated by what is happening on the pitch,not the other way round.

If the players aren't up for it then no amount of singing will change that,so moan about the North Bank or whoever as much as you want, it doesn't make a scrap of difference.

Going on about how great Leeds are, we never heard a peep from them at Molineux until their first goal.

Look at the 0-5 against United in 11/12, we were utterly dire, yet everyone seemed really happy because the South Bank had had a good sing song, most of it sarcasm aimed at the owner. The singing had literally no effect on the performance or outcome of the match.

Sort the team out first and the singing/atmosphere will follow. What are we going to sing about at the moment? "Fabio, Fabio, he tries real hard but his tally is O"
It seems when away fans are in the north bank the atmosphere is flat. Burnley at home we was sixth the game ended 0-0 but I think the performance warranted more from the crowd

R

reanswolf

I don't think its as bad as is being painted, the South Bank and Steve Bull were singing v Brighton just not loud enough to be heard at the other end.

What is clear is that to be heard at the other end, it needs the South Bank to be singing full tilt, which will only happen if the football is better.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Over the years Molineux has often had a flat atmosphere when we play a team the fans expect to beat. Shouldn’t be like that, but it is just human nature.

Brighton was particularly bad though.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree,and for the want of a better word.The limbs ay the same wen we score against Burnley Brighton etc.It's just like arm's in the air celebrations.Like the Billy quiet and the North bank. :p

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
I don't think its as bad as is being painted, the South Bank and Steve Bull were singing v Brighton just not loud enough to be heard at the other end.

What is clear is that to be heard at the other end, it needs the South Bank to be singing full tilt, which will only happen if the football is better.
I'm inclined to agree, but from S5 the thousand or so Brighton fans were still annoyingly loud on Saturday!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Leeds were absolutely silent until they were winning. Being loud when you are winning as an away fan is the easiest thing in the world.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leeds were absolutely silent until they were winning. Being loud when you are winning as an away fan is the easiest thing in the world.
I was talking about the away game at elland road...we scored early on....they was losing till injury time and the atmosphere was electric.....all 4 sides ...u dont get that at wolves cause 2 sides are silent....that was my point...

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I was talking about the away game at elland road...we scored early on....they was losing till injury time and the atmosphere was electric.....all 4 sides ...u dont get that at wolves cause 2 sides are silent....that was my point...
Yeah Elland road is class tbf, Everton another one with pretty good sides although it was **** this year by all account

GV Wolf

Reaction score

There has been something wrong with the acoustics of the ground ever since the new north bank was built. In the previous north bank there was plenty of singing and the north bank could be heard from the south bank. I remember when the north bank would sing ‘South Bank give us a song’ and the SB would sing. Those days are long gone.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It was pretty bad Reans, from about 5 mins in.

In J10 I had new folk in front, to my right and lots in and around the rows in front (I'm at the back). I can't complain to be honest though, I sang the first couple of songs that got going then felt a bit embarrassed as the babbie in front was crying covering his ears whenever anyone banged the back wall and the people next to me were whispering to each other; it was pretty ****. Later in the first half a lad in J9 started aggressively berating the fans around him that weren't joining in with his attempts to get the tedious 'barmy army' going!

Solutions: drop ticket prices, play exciting football, sort the South Bank out (get the lads on the edge into the middle and **** off the kids), knock down the screen between Bully and South Bank, find a permanent spot for away fans (ideally SB lower but with the option of both 2 or 3k allocations - the lower quad would, imo, end up decent for atmosphere. Obviously there are more radical solutions but these would all help...

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was pretty bad Reans, from about 5 mins in.

In J10 I had new folk in front, to my right and lots in and around the rows in front (I'm at the back). I can't complain to be honest though, I sang the first couple of songs that got going then felt a bit embarrassed as the babbie in front was crying covering his ears whenever anyone banged the back wall and the people next to me were whispering to each other; it was pretty ****. Later in the first half a lad in J9 started aggressively berating the fans around him that weren't joining in with his attempts to get the tedious 'barmy army' going!

Solutions: drop ticket prices, play exciting football, sort the South Bank out (get the lads on the edge into the middle and **** off the kids), knock down the screen between Bully and South Bank, find a permanent spot for away fans (ideally SB lower but with the option of both 2 or 3k allocations - the lower quad would, imo, end up decent for atmosphere. Obviously there are more radical solutions but these would all help...
how about hiring some singers and a song writer!

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion: we'd have struggled to create the atmosphere Citeh did last night even if we we were champions of England elect. Not because of any lack of passion or desire to make a noise on our part, but because our current repetoire is so limited.

When we equalised we ended up singing a generic song about Neves who was having an average game at that (high) point, and a generic song about Raul which was irrelevant to anything going on. In stark and, for sad *******s like me, embarrassing contrast, Citeh had loads of semi-original or traditional songs. I really wish the main noisy lads in the South Bank (us in the Bully are obsessed with Barmy Army for some reason) would drop the obsession with current player songs (keep em, they're great, but not by themselves) and go back to, e.g.:
Wanderers' scarf
Come on you Wolves (for dead balls)
We are Wolves
And it's Wol-ver-hampton
TWTD (tbf, we had a great rendition of that)
Gold flag
Wolverhampton Wan-de-rers
Wolves ay we (again, decent last night)
Stevie Bull's a tatter etc.

I know a lot of people won't think this is important, because it's not, but it'd be more fun at Molineux if we were singing all our songs. We're a great lot, one of the best, so why the obsession / reliance on these newer songs?

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Might be a start if the crowd showed support and didn't **** off early.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion: we'd have struggled to create the atmosphere Citeh did last night even if we we were champions of England elect. Not because of any lack of passion or desire to make a noise on our part, but because our current repetoire is so limited.

When we equalised we ended up singing a generic song about Neves who was having an average game at that (high) point, and a generic song about Raul which was irrelevant to anything going on. In stark and, for sad *******s like me, embarrassing contrast, Citeh had loads of semi-original or traditional songs. I really wish the main noisy lads in the South Bank (us in the Bully are obsessed with Barmy Army for some reason) would drop the obsession with current player songs (keep em, they're great, but not by themselves) and go back to, e.g.:
Wanderers' scarf
We are Wolves
And it's Wol-ver-hampton
Gold flag

I know a lot of people won't think this is important, because it's not, but it'd be more fun at Molineux if we were singing all our songs. We're a great lot, one of the best, so why the obsession / reliance on these newer songs?
Just wait till we start singing Blue Moon at Anfield :rolleyes:

T

TheConcourse

Wanderers' scarf
We are Wolves
And it's Wol-ver-hampton
Gold flag

Our songs are ****. Same rubbish for years, zero originality even with new ones.

Whenever anyone makes a suggestion here they get the **** ripped out of them.

superwolves

Reaction score
The atmosphere is what makes football its what makes the next generation want to turn up week in week out. Even if they are watching sub standard football if there's plenty singing and banter then the enjoyment will still be there. We really do need to up our game in the stands

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our songs are ****. Same rubbish for years, zero originality even with new ones.

Whenever anyone makes a suggestion here they get the **** ripped out of them.
I think the problem here is this: 1) we're just not used to being decent (so we don't really have giving-it-the-biggun songs); 2) we ay used to having many good players / managers (so we almost get over excited about individuals, hence the Nuno, Raul and Neves song obsession); and 3) in the noisier bits of the ground we've got a lot of babbies who aren't comfortable singing an old song for fear of looking out of place if it's not been road tested at Anfield / on tele.

Last edited:

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I thought City were impressive in the stands yday, easily the best support from the Sky6 clubs.

The owners may have very dubious ethics but they’ve done well to embrace the musical culture of Manchester (not tough when they have some good bands who follow them) and kept their traditional anthem. They play blue moon over the tannoy, we don’t ever play our anthem.

As for new songs I saw a video of Manchester Utd supporters singing their new song about Ten Haag in a pub. I’m sure I’ve seen clips of that particular pub before in different videos, do they have a particular place they go to to road test new songs? If so, it seems to work and you don’t get them rehashing other club’s songs.

We have great, traditional chants. We just sing more recent player songs more loudly, for some reason.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought City were impressive in the stands yday, easily the best support from the Sky6 clubs.

The owners may have very dubious ethics but they’ve done well to embrace the musical culture of Manchester (not tough when they have some good bands who follow them) and kept their traditional anthem. They play blue moon over the tannoy, we don’t ever play our anthem.

As for new songs I saw a video of Manchester Utd supporters singing their new song about Ten Haag in a pub. I’m sure I’ve seen clips of that particular pub before in different videos, do they have a particular place they go to to road test new songs? If so, it seems to work and you don’t get them rehashing other club’s songs.

We have great, traditional chants. We just sing more recent player songs more loudly, for some reason.
Utd do yeah, they have a pub near the ground (can't be ***** to find it) in Stretford I think where one bloke belts out songs and they all practice em.

Back
Top Bottom