Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

City Verdict

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
- The Ref is a grey haired **** end
- KDB is absolutely insane
- Raul is sadly lazy as hell
- Pedro needs learn AT TAKING A MAN ON
- We need an upgrade on Willy
- Leander (despite the goal) need to say adios
- No clean sheet in 2 months is inexcusable

I hate being negative towards some, but I am saying what I feel.

Here’s to Sunday and some players TRYING!

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score

Thought Raul ran his *******s off…

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

The players tried - problem it’s so did city and they have much better players.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Poor defending or made to look poor by city? Somewhere in between I think.

We seem unable to defend and attack well at the same time, it’s either one or the other. More often than not the former.

Go with Toti and/or Mosquera for the last 2 games and see what they can do

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought we attacked quite well.

I also thought the defence were - to a man - terrible today. Obviously City are brilliant. They play a different game to the rest of the league. But those were some abject performances from our defenders.

Norwich has quietly become a big game to stop the rot.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pros:
Looked threatening when attacking
Scored a goal

Cons:
Midfield hiding when in possession
Coady is a championship defender, been carried by the formation for too long.
Jonny isn't a CB
Our defenders can't hold an offside line to save their life.
Need a complete rebuild in the summer, won't have the money to do it.

Hope we at least have a go at Norwich, set the tempo for next season.

Thought Raul ran his *******s off…

Agree, it wasn't his best night but he was at least more involved in the game than for 90% of games this season.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I hate being negative towards some, but I am saying what I feel.

Sorry mate but the lads tried really hard tonight. We may not be good enough but there is a reason the southbank cheered them to the end. They definitely tried

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry mate but the lads tried really hard tonight. We may not be good enough but there is a reason the southbank cheered them to the end. They definitely tried
Effort is the bare minimum we should expect. Understand it's City but that was an embarrassing performance. We looked like a lower league team in a cup tie.

Willywolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
City a class above. Wolves a shambles currently. No knee jerk reaction to this result especially as it was absolutely expected. However, Brighton, Newcastle, Burnley, West Ham and so on mean this result, whilst totally expected, absolutely highlights just how bad we are and how many players we are carrying.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At 1-5 we got away with it, frankly, even if it is our biggest PL hammering in a decade. They could have put twice as many past us with a little more ambition in the 2nd half and Sterling not playing like a drain.

Our journey into a midtable side continues. A few years ago it would have been unthinkable to see such an disorganised performance, where the opposition just slices us to pieces at will and the game's done and dusted after 25 minutes.

There were some seriously woeful performances out there tonight, aside from Chiquinho who did every possible for such an inexperienced player, and Boly did his best among a circus back 5, in which Coady took the starring role. Jonny was also dire, but at least had the excuse of being out of position. Sa's kicking, either playing it short or kicking long, was one of City's main assets all night long. Raul actually did ok for the awful service, as he did managed to outmuscle them quite a few times under pressure and move us fleetingly up the field.

Last edited:

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gone into meltdown under Bruno really.

Had no idea of when to press and when to not and ended up running round like lunatics with massive gaps everywhere.

I don't think that the manager has a clue about how he wants to play.

CB's made your eyes bleed, thought Chiq and RAN did well.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Experimenting against City, this Bruno fella is a bit of a genius.
I have to admit I was astonished that Bruno started with four at the back against City of all teams, especially after Pep's admission about how we have made them suffer more than most - i.e with our traditional tactics of a back five that smothers the spaces with an eye to break. The four backfired pretty spectacularly, Coady had no idea how to organise a solid shape, and in the end could have very easily been 7 or 8. The space we afforded de Bruyne was disgusting.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
struggled to cope with a City who were well up for it for large parts of match, coped better for other spells, but any lapse of mistake is pounced on. City keep the ball and win the ball back so well it's always difficult to do much when you have so little of the ball
Had a go good goal and more attacking intent from us than a number of other games
decent showing from Chiqhinho, lots of energy and alwys looking to make things happen

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have to admit I was astonished that Bruno started with four at the back against City of all teams, especially after Pep's admission about how we have made them suffer more than most - i.e with our traditional tactics of a back five that smothers the spaces with an eye to break. The four backfired pretty spectacularly, Coady had no idea how to organise a solid shape, and in the end could have very easily been 7 or 8. The space we afforded de Bruyne was disgusting.
What? Bruno did the ole double double bluff, the freaking mad man. I mean, its another in the line of spanking we've received as late, I'm sure the lad knows what he's doing.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can handle getting well beaten by a quality side, but I don't like that we aren't even competitive. It's not good enough and whether people like it or not we have to start looking at the manager/head coach. And work down from there

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chiquino played very well
Raul better game than recent

Played well when we had a chance. City are insane. Just glad it wasn’t more. Could have been 7or 8. Hitting the post twice.

Just need to batter Norwich.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
City or not, getting pumped 5-1 at home is pretty embarrassing.

On one hand atleast Liverpool wont get their hands on the title. This City team with Haaland will be unstoppable imo next season though. what a terrifying thought

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Often hear people say that I'd rather us have a go and lose by five than play defensively and be boring. Personally I'd rather be boring, stay in the game and nick a draw or win. I'd rather us be well drilled, cohesive, and hard to beat.

Anyway...we looked okay going forward, Raul looked a bit better than he has recently, not hard I know. Neto looking better with each game, and Chiquinho is a revelation.

Now for the not so good. Let's be honest, Man City are a great team but our defence is awful at the moment. It's difficult without Kilman, Saiss and Semedo I know, but we look all over the place. Unfortunately Boly is now way past his best. Kept losing his man and drifting into space.

The silver lining is that Man City stay ahead of Liverpool and improve their goal difference. It's all about next season now.

Back
Top Bottom