Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Romain Saïss x 200

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly.

It's the one stat that absolutely cannot be ignored.

The ability to pass to a team mate whatever your position in the prem in essential and must be above what To demonstrated in his brief showings.
How can a percentage like this be relevant when it is only over 180 minutes in two starts? I wouldn't have thought it allowed for a meaningful comparison with the rest of the squad let alone the Premier as a whole? A direct comparison with other players in the same 2 games might be more interesting.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always liked Saiss
Gives 100% every game,not the most gifted of players but usually does what he has too most weeks
Lately been all over the place,not the only one by any means,but fear its time to move on now,hes not getting any younger and we need better
I would maybe keep him as back up for next season,but no more than that

Reactions: Ian

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How can a percentage like this be relevant when it is only over 180 minutes in two starts? I wouldn't have thought it allowed for a meaningful comparison with the rest of the squad let alone the Premier as a whole? A direct comparison with other players in the same 2 games might be more interesting.

He was the worst in those two games also I believe. It's got to be relevant.

We won both those games too I believe

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No.

Toti got loads of hype.

But Toti had a pass completion of only 60 odd %.

That's not good enough.

Yeah Toti is being well overhyped and isn't anywhere near Saiss level yet. Neither is Mosquera. That said, we should be upgrading on Saiss but by actually spending some ****ing money on a key position rather than trying to get clever as usual.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was the worst in those two games also I believe. It's got to be relevant.

We won both those games too I believe
Do you have the stats for those two games? Because the overall picture, comparing him to players who have had significantly more minutes, on two games, is really not statistically relevant. I am genuinely interested because the impression was not that he was more wasteful than our other defenders. It is easy to take statistics out of context. You really need much bigger samples for them to be meaningful. On the basis of one game Chiquiniio could look like a world beater, but that is also a misrepresentation. (I would like to add that I would not suggest that he should immediately replace Saiss, but his worth should not just be judged on one statistic, totally out of context.)

Last edited:

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you have the stats for those two games? Because the overall picture, comparing him to players who have had significantly more minutes, on two games, is really not statistically relevant. I am genuinely interested because the impression was not that he was more wasteful than our other defenders. It is easy to take statistics out of context. You really need much bigger samples for them to be meaningful. On the basis of one game Chiquiniio could look like a world beater, but that is also a misrepresentation. (I would like to add that I would not suggest that he should immediately replace Saiss, but his worth should not just be judged on one statistic, totally out of context.)
yes 2 games is not really enough(league only v.saints and bees) but passes were 63.9%
Hoever is next lowest with 71.1%.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yeah. "No, more away than staying" definitely sounds like he's signing a contract elsewhere.

Surprised by how good these stats are. He's been a bomb scare lately but obviously still doing some things right.

skysports-wolves-romain-saiss_5761208.jpg

skysports-romain-saiss-wolves_5761209.jpg

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has been really poor the last 2 or 3 games, Saturday he had an absolute horror show.

But he has been a fantastic player for us and I will be sad to see him go.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Great interview that; what a star he is and I shall be sorry to see him go if that’s what he chooses. Would be a terrific player to have about the place as a mentor & example for younger players, and there’s still a lot of life in him yet IMO.

He’ll always be a Wolf for me and a bl**dy good one too

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Yeah. "No, more away than staying" definitely sounds like he's signing a contract elsewhere.

Surprised by how good these stats are. He's been a bomb scare lately but obviously still doing some things right.

skysports-wolves-romain-saiss_5761208.jpg

skysports-romain-saiss-wolves_5761209.jpg
Was about to post this myself, just take a moment to look at those rankings, there are over 500 players in the Premier League and Romain Saiss is ranked in the top 10 on five indicators and all of them positive. That's a Wolves player there, a top defender, in England's top division!!

If the Norwich game is to be his last game for us at Molineux, I hope we have the chance to bid him farewell in a proper way.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brilliant servant and he has given us some wonderful memories but right time to move him on

Wolf in Wednesbury

Reaction score
Was about to post this myself, just take a moment to look at those rankings, there are over 500 players in the Premier League and Romain Saiss is ranked in the top 10 on five indicators and all of them positive. That's a Wolves player there, a top defender, in England's top division!!

If the Norwich game is to be his last game for us at Molineux, I hope we have the chance to bid him farewell in a proper way.
Exactly this … would be nice to know who won’t be with us next season (Saiss, Moutinho, Neves?) … so we can give them a proper send off against Norwich

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great player here, but the time is up to kick on to the next level.

Ashame he’s lost his form completely this season - but he’s not the athletic defender we need any more

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As much as he has his limitations, to me he symbolises as much if not more so than Neves etc.

He came in under Zenga then Lambert was never a regular.

Established himself alongside Neves in our promotion season.A lot of us myself included wrote him off as not been Premier League quality.

He converted into a Centre Half and has been very good there, cut down his yellow card count significantly, he may have dipped slightly but he has been a very good servant to us, I wish him all the best when he goes.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I read somewhere (and it suggests so in this interview) that he's been offered a new contract?
But since he is within the last 6 months of his contract - he has been free to talk to other clubs since Jan?

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Saiss will always be a Wolf in my eyes. Love the bloke. Great character.

Really sad to see him go. Hope it goes well for him in the future and he has a good World Cup captaining his country.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will be sad to see him go. But that article reads like he is off.

He’s been a real warrior for us. Each time Nuno dropped him he’d come back into the team and inevitably be MOTM on his return.

He was vital to our team in the promotion season, and has popped up with many key goals. His summary is perfect, he may not be the best player we’ve seen, but he’s right at the top of the list in terms of effort.

We all know a bit of a rebuild is required this summer, and hopefully we can bring in a top quality CB in his place. Currently we have 2 x converted CM’s in our back line, and I think this season is starting to show.

I hope he can get one more big move, would be great to see him stay in the PL but equally would be great if he can find a move to a CL club.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think it's right to show Saiss gratitude for what he's done. He has given it his all and he's done the very best with his skillset and ability.

We need one, if not two new CB's though and already have Kilman, Coady, Boly, Toti, Mosquera, Sanderson and even Marques who may be considered to be pushing for the first team squad.

Keeping Saiss would stifle their development and discourage the club from investing in the top level CB required to trump them all. By leaving he is probably doing us a favour.

Chriswwfc

Reaction score
I want to believe toti will be a star but I have no idea how people are stating it as fact after one good game against a fairly poor opposition on the day.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I think Saiss deserves to start the last 3 games and I think he will...been a great servant... despite his faults we will miss him...pound for pound Fosun best signing...

Always available for selection that was Saiss main asset to the squad ....

Last edited:

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent news as this is clearly a sign we will be reinforcing the central defence this summer. It is definitely time some of the older players to be moved on and Saiss is top of my list.

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like he's off. Legend in my opinion.

A legend, he’s up there with Billy Wright.

Back
Top Bottom