Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mendes takes player off Barca books and helps to sort wages for Portuguese club who then give wolves a prized asset for reduced terms

It absolutely could happen
Ways round it financially off course...but can you see wolves buying Trincao, who they don't want, and Barcelona, buying traore who they don't want, to flip em one to Leeds , who don't even nw what league they will be in , and their player has a relegation release clause to give to Barcelona, who ain't spending much anyway and then we have to swap our player with a club in Portugal......all that's gonna drop in place with no hick ups ....that's even to far fetched for Jorge mendes ..

Poor old Jeff , doing all that paperwork n contracts, when he could just sell traore and buy the player from Portugal anyway ...no wonder he hasn't got time to get round to giving the Steve bull stand a lick of paint , if wem playing musical chairs with transfers....

The simple swap of traore for trincao isn't happening, without 2 more clubs and 2 more players getting involved...

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plenty of sites report trincao wages are 131k euros a week....we can't he sure obviously...

That’s the thing - I don’t think anyone knows. That link has Coutinho on 146k and when he signed for Villa The Telegraph reported he was on 480k (!!). It’s all guesswork imo. Personally I’d be very surprised if Trincao was on over 100k, and even if he was, as we have a deal in place to sign him he’d know he wouldn’t be getting that here. But, nobody knows, it’s just speculation.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What about flipping him to a club in Spain - e.g. swap with Guedes at Valencia, or players at (e.g.) Sevilla (Ocampos) or Villareal, Atletico ...
I will edge me bets that he isn't being flipped to anyone...cause we ain't signing him..all I have looked at is trincao body language, I haven't made a phone call.......or claiming to nw nowt....

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we do sell Neves, my hope is that United sign Frenkie De Jong from Barca for ridiculous money, leaving Barca with some cash for Neves.

Can’t face him coming back to Molineux to play against us.
Think l read somewhere that he would prefer to stay in the prem?

Neves is an odd one. There’s no doubting his talent and ability, but his game is about controlling the game from deep.

Not sure how that fits with the ‘top’ teams, which may mean that he goes to ManUre and Ten Haag rebuilds (again) the team around him.

Liverpool and City don’t play that way. He might fit at Arsenal but l’m not sure that they would be guaranteeing success (although they may make CL)

I really hope he doesn’t end up at ManUre. I really don’t like them and they are a basket case at the moment.

Tough call for him and the club this summer.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think l read somewhere that he would prefer to stay in the prem?

Neves is an odd one. There’s no doubting his talent and ability, but his game is about controlling the game from deep.

Not sure how that fits with the ‘top’ teams, which may mean that he goes to ManUre and Ten Haag rebuilds (again) the team around him.

Liverpool and City don’t play that way. He might fit at Arsenal but l’m not sure that they would be guaranteeing success (although they may make CL)

I really hope he doesn’t end up at ManUre. I really don’t like them and they are a basket case at the moment.

Tough call for him and the club this summer.
I’ve read both that Barca is his priority and that he wants to stay in the Prem in the last week, so who knows what he really wants. But ultimately if Barca or Man Utd are seriously in for him, he would go to either of them in a flash imo.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Neves does go to Man Utd it’s purely for money. No top level player with ambition would go near them right now, Ten Hag or not.
Sorry but that’s just your gold tinted specs talking.
Man united are a huge club, arguably the biggest in the world, and they will eventually get things right and be a genuine force.
The “project “ of getting them there is something that may appeal to some players. Neves came to us because he embraced the idea of the project.
Not saying he wouldn’t prefer a city, Liverpool, Madrid destination. But united will still appeal.

If it were a non wolves player, say a Ward Prows or even Rice, wouldn’t you expect them to want to go to Man Utd?

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If Neves does go to Man Utd it’s purely for money. No top level player with ambition would go near them right now, Ten Hag or not.
Come on it’s still Man Utd! yes they have had a bad run for a while but they will get it right at some point and start challenging again. I’m sure they can promise more in terms of ambition for the look of the squad.

R

reanswolf

The press won't allow Man Utd to become a smaller club.

By any measure they ain't the biggest club in the world, but they are probably just about still the biggest in England, and certainly in Ireland and China and such-similar Glory-hunting places like the South-east.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I don't think there has been a player who has increased there reputation significantly since joining United in the last 5 years,

Pogba was highly rated before united,
as was Sancho, Varane, Telles etc.

Maybe Bruno Fernandes but he was a relative unknown in England.

If Neves is going to leave at least go to a club like City, Liverpool or Chelsea where he can win things and challenge for titles.... personally I'd rather him just go abroad if he leaves.

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't think there has been a player who has increased there reputation significantly since joining United in the last 5 years,

If Neves is going to leave at least go to a club like City, Liverpool or Chelsea where he can win things and challenge for titles.... personally I'd rather him just go abroad

If Neves is going to leave at least go to a club like City, Liverpool or Chelsea where he can win things and challenge for titles.... personally I'd rather him just go abroad if he leaves.
Doubt he will be able to simply pick who he joins

I would think the more likely choice would be between staying and one club who meets our valuation, whichever club that may be.

So if he has to choose between Wolves and Utd, I think he'd probably leave. Done his years here, nothing to prove, Utd have more possibilities, money, fans. Wouldn't be a massive upheaval for his family.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They aren't really our usual types but Wolves are being linked with Ryan Kent (Rangers) and Josh Brownhill (Burnley).

Given our abundance of wide forwards, I would be surprised if we went for Kent.

But Brownhill could be a useful option for our midfield and was previously linked to us when he was at Bristol City.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They aren't really our usual types but Wolves are being linked with Ryan Kent (Rangers) and Josh Brownhill (Burnley).

Given our abundance of wide forwards, I would be surprised if we went for Kent.

But Brownhill could be a useful option for our midfield and was previously linked to us when he was at Bristol City.
Homegrown players ....not saying there is truth in either of them but we definitely need to recruit a homegrown player or 2 for the squad ...Josh brownhill has click a bait links to about 6 premier league clubs ...

L78

Reaction score

Realistically if we want some serious cash to reinvest for the squad it will more than likely come from a prem league club that's where the money is

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve read both that Barca is his priority and that he wants to stay in the Prem in the last week, so who knows what he really wants. But ultimately if Barca or Man Utd are seriously in for him, he would go to either of them in a flash imo.
Don't see him going to Barca as they've already got Kessie lined up. But Real Madrid have got quite a few influential but ageing midfielders they may want to update - Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Isco. Not saying Neves fits any of their particular style of play, but if change is afoot...

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't see him going to Barca as they've already got Kessie lined up. But Real Madrid have got quite a few influential but ageing midfielders they may want to update - Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Isco. Not saying Neves fits any of their particular style of play, but if change is afoot...
No chance Real need Ruben they have probably got the Worlds best midfielder by an absolute mile this time next season. Camavinga is going to a super star amongst superstars. Only 19 now and is extremely special.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah they’re quite stacked in midfield, but the rumour is Neves would be the successor to Busquets so a slightly different role. Wherever he ends up, anywhere abroad would be my preference!

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No chance Real need Ruben they have probably got the Worlds best midfielder by an absolute mile this time next season. Camavinga is going to a super star amongst superstars. Only 19 now and is extremely special.
True, but they usually play with 3 in midfield...

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ways round it financially off course...but can you see wolves buying Trincao, who they don't want, and Barcelona, buying traore who they don't want, to flip em one to Leeds , who don't even nw what league they will be in , and their player has a relegation release clause to give to Barcelona, who ain't spending much anyway and then we have to swap our player with a club in Portugal......all that's gonna drop in place with no hick ups ....that's even to far fetched for Jorge mendes ..

Poor old Jeff , doing all that paperwork n contracts, when he could just sell traore and buy the player from Portugal anyway ...no wonder he hasn't got time to get round to giving the Steve bull stand a lick of paint , if wem playing musical chairs with transfers....

The simple swap of traore for trincao isn't happening, without 2 more clubs and 2 more players getting involved...

Again, Mendes….

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Been having a think about this lately and whilst I don't normally like to post pure speculation here goes.

With Tielemans out of contract I see him as the prime choice for either Arsenal or United, any team needing a midfielder in fact will snap him up at a cut price.

If it's United I can't see Arsenal stumping up the £60m+ we are going to want and should be asking as a minimum for Neves.

Leaving a possibility that Neves may actually stay and hopefully not run down his contract.

Sheff UTD have secured the play offs and I'm hoping they come up and take MGW off ya for £30m~ what with the money they were happy to spend on Brewster I think we could ask for that in add ons.

Saiss is gone but we have Toti, Mosquera, Boly and Kilman.

2 of each left and right footers, plus Sanderson and Giles.

I imagine Hoever goes out on loan somewhere, maybe Sanderson too.

Moutinho apparently wants to stay but we still need two centre mids I think.

Adama is surely going to leave for a cut price fee now but do we sign Trincao?

I would take the risk but not at the fee quoted, perhaps another years loan but we still need another ten.

I reckon a centre mid a number ten and a striker is realistic, maybe a centre half.

Pure speculation and my brain unravelling onto paper of course.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s always been lined up as the Neves replacement totally different player but that’s my understanding of it.
Totally different player as you say. If he comes it'd be to do the Fernandinho/Busquets role of sitting in front of the back 4 when defending and dropping in as the 3rd CH when we attack.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally different player as you say. If he comes it'd be to do the Fernandinho/Busquets role of sitting in front of the back 4 when defending and dropping in as the 3rd CH when we attack.
Why we are probably going to change formation then

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still think Neves will stay here. Pics of him celebrating the late goal in the melee with the crowd and team.
If we value him at 70m i don't think anyone will bite at that.
Just hoping here....
I wouldn't be completely surprised if Neves stays as next season's Captain and Coady is sold to Newcastle for serious money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom