Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Romain Saïss x 200

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think that could be his last game for us if the injury keeps him out for a while.

Been a great signing for the club someone I have a lot of time for as he has been written off so many times and still come back but I do feel now is time he moves on.

Going forward he can't be a regular starter if we are to progress he just makes way to many silly makes that cost us....

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Needs to be upgraded upon. Good servant but time to go now.

Marvellous007

Groupie
Reaction score
Wtf was he doing for that pen?
It was never a penalty someone thr size of Lukaku goes to ground that easy and it was outside the box anyway, Toti is nowhere near good enough to be his replacement he struggled in the U23s

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shame really, that’s its come to this.
First half of the season, seemed like he’d found a new permanent level, was having his best season by a mile.
Been nothing like that post-AFCON, worse than ever.
So many silly mistakes, line breaking passing disappeared.

Turn of the year, I was wondering how we’d replace what he offered on our level of budget, because he was playing like Laporte. Now more like Titus Bramble.
Thanks for the memories Romain, you’ll always have cult hero status for the battle of the riverside and promotion campaign.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was never a penalty someone thr size of Lukaku goes to ground that easy and it was outside the box anyway, Toti is nowhere near good enough to be his replacement he struggled in the U23s
You really aren't a fan of Toti are you, managed to squeeze that into three or four different threads I've seen this evening

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't recall him struggling in the U23s. Which game / games are you thinking of?

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Saiss should never even let it get to the option of Lukaku getting a pen. Should have dealt with it earlier. **** poor from him again. Been **** ever since AFCON.

Don't see what Toti has to do anything.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Having a poor run of form at the moment (like all our centre-backs actually). But like those fellow centre-backs, a few weeks of under-par performances shouldn’t tarnish the legacy of his career here, which has been fantastic.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He's not in a good state at the moment, but it'll be a sad day whenever it is he moves on - one of my favourite players of the past 10 years, and he'll always be up there for me as a proper top-dog Wolves player who was central to us arriving in our brave new world. I hope he gets his mojo back and can give us a bit more yet, but things are not looking too good at the moment for him IMO. Prove us wrong, Romain :~}

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has had a tough time since the AFCON for whatever reason, time to take him out of the firing line.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone’s been at the sherry.
Hmmmm tend to agree. He thinka rebuild of th he current stadium wouldn't cost so much more than developing from a blank canvas so it's no surprise he rates him highly...

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Re-sign, great squad player for the futue
Absolutely. It's difficult to get solid squad players in the Premier League. We need some new blood at centre half but Saiss would be a perfect squad player. Someone to fill in for injuries and come off the bench. Not sure he'd be happy with that though. A few poor games doesn't make him a bad player. Think AFCON really affected him this season, but he's definitely worth keeping.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reckon he got injured or perhaps sick at afcon as before and after he's been a completely different player. Should have been dropped or rested many weeks ago. Pre tournament he was superb. Be happy to sign him but not as a regular starter unless they're sure they can get his performances up a level again.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get “ rid “ , so disrespectful to one of our players who has given his all for the last few years.
Yes……and also was one of the pillars of the best defence team in the PL this season, without which we don’t know where we’d be as we wind up the season.…..
……………all when either Boly, Jonny and Marcal were out.

Coady, Saisse and Killman……not too shabby, thank you very much.

Last edited:

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's not in a good state at the moment, but it'll be a sad day whenever it is he moves on - one of my favourite players of the past 10 years, and he'll always be up there for me as a proper top-dog Wolves player who was central to us arriving in our brave new world. I hope he gets his mojo back and can give us a bit more yet, but things are not looking too good at the moment for him IMO. Prove us wrong, Romain :~}
I do wonder whether the hydration and eating aspects of Ramadan are having an adverse effect?

He has been good for us over a long period of time and was very good before the AFCON, I would give him a one year contract but hopefully as a squad player.

R

reanswolf

He was at fault yesterday but worked his knackers off, same as Donk, another who possibly should only be a squad player. But you can never questions Saiss's commitment. Respect is what he deserves even if people think he should not currently be in the 1st team.

Romain is a warrior who will die for the cause. Never forget that.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Moroccan Richard Stearman probably a nice guy too but just isn't good enough. The fact he's been a starter since randy Ryan ****ed up his career here is indicative of our poor recruitment in that area.

Needs to go as we need better and will go most likely to some Middle Eastern league on stupid money I'd be surprised if a big euro team takes a punt on him even on a free.

Appreciate his effort and commitment here but ultimately he should never have been anything more than a squad player.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

One of our most consistent performers over the last few seasons. Always, always gives his all for the cause and very underrated by a lot of our supporters. One of our most dangerous players from set pieces and has a sound technique. Occasionally makes some bad decisions but one of the players responsible for our improvement since the Championship days.

View attachment 27090
Just postiing this for some balance. A couple of mistakes don't make him a **** player. Great squad player that we would regret moving on imo.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

If we are moving to a 4 permanently then he isn't a squad player as he can't play CB in a 4

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love Romain he always gives 100% and looks a real character but this summer it is time for him to move on.

Saiss isn't good enough to be a starter anymore and would be a good back up LCB in a 3 but so is Toti Gomes.

If it's true we want to move to a back 4 as well then Toti again is better suited to be the LCB back up role than Saiss is.

For me I would also move Boly on now and replace the pair with two new starting central defenders who would pair well as a back 2 and give us 5 options of New, New, Coady, Kilman, Toti and maybe try and find Mosquera a loan move for the season.

The two I would go for would be Nikola Milenkovic and David Carmo that would be a pairing that could propel us into the European positions.

Back 4
Milenkovic/Kilman - Carmo/Toti
+ Coady

Back 3
Kilman/Mosquera - Milenkovic/Coady - Carmo/Toti

Back
Top Bottom