Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Staying @ Wolves - Traore or Trincao or Barca / Sporting Swap Deals??

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a good deal - given his strong reputation, would you have preferred that we'd spent £20m-£25m outright on Trincao last summer, as that's the realistic alternative?

Try before you buy gives the obvious advantage that you don't buy if the player is a dud, which has saved us before (Willian Jose).

However, equally obviously, the selling/loaning club wants to get something guaranteed out of the deal.
This is true.
However the other thing about a loan with option is the option tends to be the maximum fee for if all goes swimmingly!
Quite possible we could have just bought trincao for £15M in the summer, so it’s swings and roundabouts.
Mostly I think the loan to buy option is good with young foreign players just in case they don’t settle and adapt to the move.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's a good deal - given his strong reputation, would you have preferred that we'd spent £20m-£25m outright on Trincao last summer, as that's the realistic alternative?

Try before you buy gives the obvious advantage that you don't buy if the player is a dud, which has saved us before (Willian Jose).

However, equally obviously, the selling/loaning club wants to get something guaranteed out of the deal.
What are we getting out of the Traore deal, so far it's just made the squad weaker

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What are we getting out of the Traore deal, so far it's just made the squad weaker

Well, firstly, that's a separate deal - it was a criticism of Trincao's loan fee I was responding to.

But: his wages covered, with a loan fee. It could very easily be that loan fee + what we get in the summer is equal to or more than what we could've got from Spurs in January.

Beyond that, we don't know the specifics - I wouldn't be surprised if Traore comes back and signs a new contract with an acceptable release clause, or some other creative Mendes solution. So I'm not going to be joining the mob who are desperate to throw a tantrum about it in advance, without knowing the details, just yet.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well, firstly, that's a separate deal - it was a criticism of Trincao's loan fee I was responding to.

But: his wages covered, with a loan fee. It could very easily be that loan fee + what we get in the summer is equal to or more than what we could've got from Spurs in January.

Beyond that, we don't know the specifics - I wouldn't be surprised if Traore comes back and signs a new contract with an acceptable release clause, or some other creative Mendes solution. So I'm not going to be joining the mob who are desperate to throw a tantrum about it in advance, without knowing the details, just yet.
Fair enough, it would be interesting to know what we are getting though, but I bet it's nowhere near 5 million, more like they just pay a part of his wages

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair enough, it would be interesting to know what we are getting though, but I bet it's nowhere near 5 million, more like they just pay a part of his wages

It would be interesting to know the exact details of every transfer, but that doesn't ever happen.

They're paying part of his wages (retrospectively in one go in the summer), and he's forfeitting the rest, as he took a pay cut to go there.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Then please lay the blame at Adama’s door.
He wouldn’t sign an extension on his contract, he wanted to go, and he left Wolves with no choice but to try and get some money in return before he’s a free agent.

And the claims that Wolves would have secured a place in Europe if we kept Adama, are, imo, overly optimistic.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He wouldn’t sign an extension on his contract, he wanted to go, and he left Wolves with no choice but to try and get some money in return before he’s a free agent.

And the claims that Wolves would have secured a place in Europe if we kept Adama, are, imo, overly optimistic.
Why is it Adamas fault? I didn’t see Chelsea do what you suggested when Rudiger wouldn’t sign a contract extension and he’d got less time left on his.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I'm not saying we would have secured a European place, i didn't actually say that, what i'm saying is, it would of given us a better chance. One thing Adam brings us is attacking threat, if you don't think that's what were lacking, just ask 30 thousand plus fans who were there last Saturday

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not saying we would have secured a European place, i didn't actually say that, what i'm saying is, it would of given us a better chance. One thing Adam brings us is attacking threat, if you don't think that's what were lacking, just ask 30 thousand plus fans who were there last Saturday
Yes, he can be an attacking threat, ( albeit, not consistently). But where we probably differ is the fact that Adama didn’t want to be here. We know Wolves wanted him to stay by the fact that they offered him a contract extension.
Sooooooooooo…….the deal.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think he can get us up the pitch, but he doesn't really himself provide much threat in our system and proof is there to back it up.

The thing i'm not getting is people saying we should get him back and offer him the same or an improved contract to sign up again. I wouldnt be against him signing a new deal, but nowhere near the same contract we offered him before because he just hasnt performed anywhere near enough to be one of our best paid players.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For barcelona he lingers by the touchline and never goes in the penalty box. No wonder he never scores. Dembele is so much more versatile.

Richboxy

Groupie
Reaction score
Swap swap swap swap swap. Even if Trincao doesn’t end up playing for us, he’s a better player than Adama and will be worth more if we sell him as he’ll be on a 3 or 4? Year contract. As I’ve said before, it’s a no brainier to do the swap. Adama is useless as he’s proved time and again, everywhere.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t think Trincao wants to stay
He didn’t celebrate that goal much and it was a real peach. It‘s been very clear he’s got that in him and he’s been a bit unlucky with some super efforts, but he’s still very Marmite. Plays better against the better, less physical teams, against the cloggers though he’s poor.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Swapping them means we are stuck with Trincão who'd want premium wages. If he carries on performing one in every 5 going to be very difficult to shift then without subsidising the fee.
Would keep them where they are and let Adama run down his deal if necessary

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He didn’t celebrate that goal much and it was a real peach. It‘s been very clear he’s got that in him and he’s been a bit unlucky with some super efforts, but he’s still very Marmite. Plays better against the better, less physical teams, against the cloggers though he’s poor.
Yeah I think he knows he not staying and I don’t think he really wants to. He’ll have a good career in Spain or Portugal as he’s obviously got talent.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah I think he knows he not staying and I don’t think he really wants to. He’ll have a good career in Spain or Portugal as he’s obviously got talent.
He also doesn’t really suit the way we play the ball forward so slowly. He’s got super neat feet but often there’s nobody forward of him to play a quick one-two off to be more direct.

Agreed, I think he’ll smash it somewhere outside of the PL.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yes, he can be an attacking threat, ( albeit, not consistently). But where we probably differ is the fact that Adama didn’t want to be here. We know Wolves wanted him to stay by the fact that they offered him a contract extension.
Sooooooooooo…….the deal.
But doesn't produce it enough,that's the problem

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope Trincao stays.
He‘s worth a gamble. Like other players, (eg, Semedo), he is slowly coming along. If he doesn’t work out, we can sell him and we’ll recoup some of our money back.
So, if we sell him in a year or so for about £15m, then we’ve only lost £10m.
He‘s worth the gamble, imo.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope Trincao stays.
He‘s worth a gamble. Like other players, (eg, Semedo), he is slowly coming along. If he doesn’t work out, we can sell him and we’ll recoup some of our money back.
So, if we sell him in a year or so for about £15m, then we’ve only lost £10m.
He‘s worth the gamble, imo.
He’s currently on £130k a week.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I’m aware I have a case of confirmation bias as I’ve always said I think there is a top player in there, but I genuinely still think he would be a good long-term signing for us.

I think people forget just how young he still is and how much his first season here has been disrupted. Also appears a confidence player and he had a number of similar strikes to todays goal earlier in the season that either hit the woodwork or forced a great save from a keeper, and if one or two of those had gone in, I reckon we would have seen far more from him.

Given his age, technical ability and potential upside, if there is a chance of getting him next year, I think I’d take the gamble (and I accept he would be gamble).

If the worst came to the worst and it didn’t work out, his reputation and Mendes connection would probably still ensure we would get a decent resale fee.

D

Deleted member (smith)

I don’t think we really want Traore back nor does he want to come back….so negotiating the best swap with perhaps buying another player too ( at a discount?)makes sense unless we can get 25+ for Traore somewhere ne wants to go to.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think he didn’t celebrate as despite the quality of the goal we were still losing. When Coady scored he went nuts along with the rest of team. Hope he stays!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I’m aware I have a case of confirmation bias as I’ve always said I think there is a top player in there, but I genuinely still think he would be a good long-term signing for us.

I think people forget just how young he still is and how much his first season here has been disrupted. Also appears a confidence player and he had a number of similar strikes to todays goal earlier in the season that either hit the woodwork or forced a great save from a keeper, and if one or two of those had gone in, I reckon we would have seen far more from him.

Given his age, technical ability and potential upside, if there is a chance of getting him next year, I think I’d take the gamble (and I accept he would be gamble).

If the worst came to the worst and it didn’t work out, his reputation and Mendes connection would probably still ensure we would get a decent resale fee.
Would we if the wages are prohibitive? Or would it be another Cutrone

Norwegian Wolf

Reaction score
He’s been a waste of a shirt for most of the season, but today he delivered. Great cameo, great goal, respect at last.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Would we if the wages are prohibitive? Or would it be another Cutrone

Fair comment. We won’t be paying him £130k a week (nor should we) so would need a degree of compromise from his side.

Seems like the decision not to sign him has already been made (especially with the news of Pedrinho). And as much as I personally hope we do sign him and think he’ll go on to have a great career, I can fully accept that he hasn’t shown enough this season to understand that decision.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I'm the same. I know it's an ever-shrinking minorioty position, but I still want us to sign Trincao.

And part of it is I just want us to take a chance on one of these 'not settled/didn't work' tecnhical players. Goncalves wanted out, fair enough. People didn't want Vitinha, okay. But let's not be third time unlucky.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I just said that,( above). Get your own ideas, you plagiarist :)

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He didn’t celebrate that goal much and it was a real peach.
Watching highlights after the game, he did the “calma” celebration that Ronaldo’s done a few times before, so I wouldn’t read loads into it. He seemed to be right in there amongst it when Coady scored.

I would definitely be trying to do the swap for Adama and taking the gamble on him, his potential is so high. If it doesn’t work out one of the big 3 in portugal would give an arm and a leg to get him & with mendes that move would always be on the cards to recoup a good fee and or player trades.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trincao is worrh the swap if we are more attacking not if we going defensive

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I doubt any agreed deal leaves Trincao earning £130k with us anyway, he’d surely know that if he leaves Barca he takes a pay cut and at his age needs to play to develop. If he does well he’ll earn better money down the line.

So on the basis he’ll likely cost more than Traore does now in wages, but less than Traore was offered I think I’d go for the swap and have Trincao on a 4 or 5 year deal rather than Traore with 12 months left and likely to leave for nothing next summer.

As others have said we’ll get some money back if we sold him back to Portugal anyway and whist he hasn’t proven to be worth £25m right now, Traore isn’t either with his current contract situation.

If we don’t take the swap we pay £6m loan fee anyway and may get £15m for Traore so that’s a net £9m. So Trincao needs to be worth more than £9m plus a year or so’s wages (say £5m at the absolute most) in resale value to be worth the punt. Surely we’d get more than that for him, and if we can then we may as well go for it and see what he can do next season in what will hopefully be a revamped squad with more emphasis on being on the front foot which clearly suits him more.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Just don't think he is good enough, people going OTT because he did well off the bench. His numbers for the year are frightening how bad they are in terms of ball progression, chance creation xg.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Great goal today, but he's got to do a hell of a lot more to convince me, playing well for 20 minutes is nowhere near good enough, he's been rubbish all season

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was class today, if he keeps going in that number 10 role I would swap him for traore. Already more goals and assists than traore over a year. I don’t think he’s a winger at all but could be a decent number 10

Plus will have a higher re sell value than Adama has now with the contract situation

Back
Top Bottom