Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure I read this time last season we were in major danger of relegation. We don't know what our team will look like next season but I do know that some clubs will throw money around but won't improve much.
Yeah exactly.

I actually bought into it for this season. I don't buy into it for next season. I mean, we could struggle, sure. But long odds

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Newcastle are the team that will be strong next season. They can outbid anyone for players, inc Liverpool and Man City. Our problem will be not enough wages offered, or the project isn't quite there. It'll be the Mendes carousel for us..

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Need to get over the obsession with throwing money at it as a solution, Villa and Everton have been out spending us for years just to look up the table at us. Man Utd have thrown obscene amounts of money at transfers and wages to spend a season fighting for Europa League with us. A clear structure and a long term plan/vision for where you want to go as club is worth far more.

Depends how you spend it I suppose. We spent a large amount of money very well when we first got promoted, under Nuno, on fees and wages. That's the sort of thing we need to do this summer to refresh things.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we sell them Cutrone, Semedo, Hwang and get them to take Trincao and Jose on loan?

Ouch :oops: Could we also sell them Chem Cambell for £35M as a "generational talent" thats scoring for fun in the Under-23's?

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Newcastle are the team that will be strong next season. They can outbid anyone for players, inc Liverpool and Man City. Our problem will be not enough wages offered, or the project isn't quite there. It'll be the Mendes carousel for us..

The second sentence they can out bid everyone but no proven Top player is going to Geordieland because they are awash with money and have Eddie Howe as their manger. The reality is if players are joining Newcastle it is for money or a stepping stone to something better. If they are to become a force it will take a while (off the pitch IMO will probably stop them at some point)

If anyone thinks they will challenge the big 6 next season they are gonna be way off. They will be throwing money at bang average players for a while with some sort of success it will be mid table for a while the gap is huge.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Newcastle are flying at the moment. Partly because they bought exactly the right amount and type of players to supplement their squad in January.

Allan Saint-Maximin is in the press today saying comments he made to a French publication were taken out of context. He has said something along the lines of looking forward to playing in a team of better players, as it would help him to increase his assist numbers if he was playing with players who could finish the chances he creates. Howe has had to step in to diffuse any unrest, saying, "our unity has been our main strength".

Well going into next season, Newcastle could have a bit of the same problem Villa have had this season if they try to 'upgrade' too many players, too soon. Matt Targett was one player who felt forced out when Villa signed Digne. He's played more often and better for Newcastle than Digne has for Villa.

If Howe is right and their unity is their strength, a summer of spending could really test that, so it's a bit of a balancing act. A similar sort of issue that we might have too.

Given their January window though, I expect Newcastle will probably get it right again and sign 3 or 4 top players. Another step towards gradually building an exceptional team.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
us leading race for Palhinha makes lot of sense since spurs were linked with him yesterday. Clearly him and/or his agent ****ting it at the very real prospect of having to join us, so throwing in some other potential destinations

see also: Everton, Aston Vanilla

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
us leading race for Palhinha makes lot of sense since spurs were linked with him yesterday. Clearly him and/or his agent ****ting it at the very real prospect of having to join us, so throwing in some other potential destinations

see also: Everton, Aston Vanilla
He’s coming here, Neves leaving

Trust us

Last edited:

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cos he’s the replacement for neves
It's not that I don't think Neves will move on, he deserves to play for a better team, it's that I don't trust Shi to spend the money needed to attract a decent replacement.

I think the days of big spending are over and we will have to get used to bargains like Hwang.

Hope to be proved wrong. I also hope for a new stadium like we were promised.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Will be heartbreaking if and when Neves leaves but he absolutely deserves to be playing at the highest level. Wouldn’t look out of place in any top side in the world.

£70m (plus £15-20m for the Donk) and a revamped midfield of Palhinha, Sanches/Nunes (although I think they will both have better offers), Vitinha and MGW is probably the best we can hope for.

Bring in Guedes, Pedrinho and a big, quick centre back and the job’s a good ‘un.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Will be heartbreaking if and when Neves leaves but he absolutely deserves to be playing at the highest level. Wouldn’t look out of place in any top side in the world.

£70m and a revamped midfield of Palhinha, Sanches/Nunes (although I think they will both have better offers), Vitinha and MGW.

Bring in Guedes, Pedrinho and a big, quick centre back and the job’s a good ‘un.
And a striker.

Agree totally about Neves.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we sell them Cutrone, Semedo, Hwang and get them to take Trincao and Jose on loan?
Loaning a player who is currently at the club but doesn't belong to us and another who was on loan for half of last season...
Yeah, right. A bigger joker than Chris Rock....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not that I don't think Neves will move on, he deserves to play for a better team, it's that I don't trust Shi to spend the money needed to attract a decent replacement.

I think the days of big spending are over and we will have to get used to "bargains" like Hwang.

Hope to be proved wrong. I also hope for a new stadium like we were promised.
Fixed that for you. Apart from a few bright moments among the dross Hwang looks far from a bargain. Why in God's name did we complete that deal in January when there was no need to?

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loaning a player who is currently at the club but doesn't belong to us and another who was on loan for half of last season...
Yeah, right. A bigger joker than Chris Rock....
My comment was a reply to clubs throwing money about and not improving and loaning those two would certainly not improve them.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said it before and will say it again.

He can do better than United!

Agreed currently but sadly sooner or later they’ll come good and if Ten Hag is as good as suggested then good luck to ruben

I care more about us making these deals count and continuing our upward trajectory 7-7-13-8/9 is very good for a club that’s been ****e for 40 years - our biggest test is yet to come, reinventing the squad with small net spend and without him, our best player and Raul in decline

I’d take mid table next season with signs of future team emerging

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
70 mil is a very very fair price. Would wish him well. That would buy us two young strikers from Portugal!
100 million would be better, the price Bruno mentioned.
I guess that was the ceiling price from which a deal, a lower price like 70m would be thrashed out.
Anyway, who is selling Ruben, Wolves or the media?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom