Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Moutinho, a non Wolves appreciation.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That performance yesterday was one of his best

What was Nuno doing to him ffs
I agree

But then Nuno's final season saw pretty much every player bar Neto regress from previous years

Moutinho, Neves and Coady all different gravy this year. Podence and Semedo looking like the players we hoped we'd signed

R

reanswolf

He was supreme yesterday and we let him know it.
Love the way he always applauds the singing fans, same as Coady.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
He was supreme yesterday and we let him know it.
Love the way he always applauds the singing fans, same as Coady.
I've said it before on here, but still one of my favourite moments ever was Everton away. We had a free kick and he massively overhit it to the derision of the home fans. We sang his name as he came back to half way and he put his hand up to thank us for our support. A couple of minutes later we had another free kick and he floated a beautiful ball in for Raul to score the winner. Players (even massively experienced ones, never mind the 'kids') are affected by crowd support, that's why we should always be behind them all.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should definitely be giving him a new deal, he does not play like a 35 year old. There are no signs at all of his legs going. He still starts every game for Portugal! Very important player on and off the pitch.

If (and I really hope it doesn’t happen) we sell Ruben, it’s even more important to keep Joao.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has insane levels of fitness for a guy his age who plays in central midfield

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He literally took the **** out of that villa midfield on his own, 35 year old masterclass just give him a new deal. You do not replace players of his ability very easily. I think il be more sad about Joao leaving than Neves
I like much of your post but "on his own" is a hidden dig at Donk who actually had a bloody good game (other than the woeful finish when as a minimum he had to hit target) yesterday.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like much of your post but "on his own" is a hidden dig at Donk who actually had a bloody good game (other than the woeful finish when as a minimum he had to hit target) yesterday.
Donk played well but Joao did most of the work Donk was more defensive of course what we expect I can’t fault any of our players

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sign him up. Even on a bad day, he still offers so much quality. My only regret is in his time at Wolves is he has not had enough bodies in midfield to really allow him to flourish. 5 in midfield next season would benefit him and us so much. You see how much this works in the national team. He simply glides through games, but with us, too often he is left gassed out of his backside because him and Neves are chasing shadows.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be fantastic news if he does stay and will undoubtedly help the transition for whoever comes in to replace Neves.

Reactions: Ian

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
If he wants to stay and we want him to stay then it’s a no-brainier. Fabulous player.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Give him two years! How his body is he could play to 40 so if he wants two years give him two, even when he loses mobility he will still be streets ahead.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really want him to stay but not at the expense of evolving the midfield next season. Hopefully Donk will move on and Joao will take his place as a rotation option with us bringing in a good ball carrier to sit next to Neves who we manage to keep. That's the dream for me

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really want him to stay but not at the expense of evolving the midfield next season. Hopefully Donk will move on and Joao will take his place as a rotation option with us bringing in a good ball carrier to sit next to Neves who we manage to keep. That's the dream for me

Donk out, Matheus Nunes in, would be great business if Neves and Moutinho both stayed!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mouts staying for another year is potentially good news. I fear that if Donk does move on its only at that point that some folk will realise what he brings to the party.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mouts staying for another year is potentially good news. I fear that if Donk does move on its only at that point that some folk will realise what he brings to the party.

I agree..... Ideally we keep Mouts, Neves and Donk, bring back MGW, loan Cundle out and bring in another first team ready midflielder.

Back
Top Bottom