Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting attacking links

What about defensive side? / replacing Ruddy, Marcal, Saiss & Moutinho as a bare minimum?!?!

Palhinha, Giles, Bolla, MGW do not inspire me to part with £700
Think we’ll offer Ruddy and Moutinho another 12 months. Marcal doesn’t need replacing with Jonny/RAN. But we will need a CB to replace Saiss.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think we’ll offer Ruddy and Moutinho another 12 months. Marcal doesn’t need replacing with Jonny/RAN. But we will need a CB to replace Saiss.
Unless Toti is seen as Saiss replacement.
Or killman on the left and Mosquera and Sanderson vying for the right?

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Personally, I am comfortable with the club using Sarkic as Ruddy's replacement, Giles as Marcal's replacement and Morgan as Trincao's replacement. It is good to have young players that have proven themselves and toughed it out in lower Leagues in the squad. They will all provide good options as well as acting as guiding lights for other youngsters.

But Saiss and Moutinho are first team starters and their replacements need to be top class. Lage has also called for a new target man and he deserves to be supported to bring in his players.

The best way to let Bruno shape this squad is to let him bring in his own spine of the team and, as coincidence would have it, a new spine is exactly what we need, and have needed since Sevilla, anyway. New CB, new DMC, new AMC, new ST. The Club keep saying only genuine improvements to the first team will be bought and we need them in those four positions.

Speculation is what it is, but if we went something like Milenkovic, Palhinha, Sanches and Kalajdzic that would be perfect. Right age, right profile, right price.

What we definitely don't need is more flighty Portuguese wingers that will take a year to settle and stop the development of our current flighty Portuguese wingers.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think all this came from a podcast where Kieran Maguire mentioned that we have still committed to UEFA's spending restrictions as part of our settlement/punishment for breaking UEFA's FFP rules when we qualified for Europe.

Link to article here: Kieran Maguire talks Fosun and FFP at Wolves

Whether this is true or not, we should raise some significant funds this summer from the sale of Traore and maybe even some of our younger fringe players.

I, like most Wolves fans, expect that to be reinvested in the team.
Barcelona won't pay for Traore. We either do a swap deal or he comes back.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally, I am comfortable with the club using Sarkic as Ruddy's replacement, Giles as Marcal's replacement and Morgan as Trincao's replacement. It is good to have young players that have proven themselves and toughed it out in lower Leagues in the squad. They will all provide good options as well as acting as guiding lights for other youngsters.

But Saiss and Moutinho are first team starters and their replacements need to be top class. Lage has also called for a new target man and he deserves to be supported to bring in his players.

The best way to let Bruno shape this squad is to let him bring in his own spine of the team and, as coincidence would have it, a new spine is exactly what we need, and have needed since Sevilla, anyway. New CB, new DMC, new AMC, new ST. The Club keep saying only genuine improvements to the first team will be bought and we need them in those four positions.

Speculation is what it is, but if we went something like Milenkovic, Palhinha, Sanches and Kalajdzic that would be perfect. Right age, right profile, right price.

What we definitely don't need is more flighty Portuguese wingers that will take a year to settle and stop the development of our current flighty Portuguese wingers.
Well put I think Palhinha could come in but at what cost? Neves leaving?? CB, DM, CM, Striker of good quality all needed

It’s obvious Marcal is going also these others have question marks over their heads

Bonatini, Cutrone , Vinagre, Ruddy OOC, Saiss OOC, Moutinho OOC, Hoever, Campana, Dadashov, Traore - swap deal

Dendoncker??
Boly??
Sanderson??
Kawabe??
Ronan??
Jordao??
Shabani??

Last edited:

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well put I think Palhinha could come in but at what cost? Neves leaving?? CB, DM, CM, Striker of good quality all needed

It’s obvious Marcal is going also these others have question marks over their heads

Bonatini, Cutrone , Vinagre, Ruddy OOC, Saiss OOC, Moutinho OOC, Hoever, Campana, Dadashov, Traore - swap deal

Dendoncker??
Boly??
Sanderson??
Kawabe??
Ronan??
Jordao??
Shabani??
Ronan??
Ronan...............just like New York. So good he has to be named twice. :D

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Dendoncker??
Boly??
Sanderson??
Kawabe??
Ronan??
Jordao??
Shabani??
Ronan??
For me, the Club have to keep Neves (at all costs- up to £150k a week) and add Palhinha (or a Palhinha-type player) too. There is no rule saying Clubs are only allowed two or even three defensive midfielders- we can have as many as we want. I am not sure Neves and Palhinha's characteristics are the same anyway- they could dovetail very nicely.

Out of all of the rest of the names you have listed, I would only keep Dendoncker and Boly and I would decide between Sanderson and Mosquera which to keep and which to loan next year.

Everyone else should be sold or let go. A first team squad like the one attached covers all bases including having 6 Homegrown players in a squad of 23.

Attachments

• LINEUP111648001134667.png
    LINEUP111648001134667.png
    224.1 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me, the Club have to keep Neves (at all costs- up to £150k a week) and add Palhinha (or a Palhinha-type player) too. There is no rule saying Clubs are only allowed two or even three defensive midfielders- we can have as many as we want. I am not sure Neves and Palhinha's characteristics are the same anyway- they could dovetail very nicely.

Out of all of the rest of the names you have listed, I would only keep Dendoncker and Boly and I would decide between Sanderson and Mosquera which to keep and which to loan next year.

Everyone else should be sold or let go. A first team squad like the one attached covers all bases including having 6 Homegrown players in a squad of 23.
Well said interesting times ahead

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Unfortunately I cant see Neves staying. He's given us some stunning years and he needs a move at his age to a top club to further his development. Given we probably wont get a euro spot, I can see this being his time to move on.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

No changes to the forwards....think we need something different next season.....if trincao isn't signed , he definitely needs replacing with a guedes or Rafa Silva for me.....ideally both for me as i wouldn't have signed hwang.....or maybe let podence go.....
Think we also need a physical forward as well.........agree with your midfield n defender options , but think Sanches will go ac Milan......not sure on Giles as well....be tempted to cash in on him same as Sanderson....

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No changes to the forwards....think we need something different next season.....if trincao isn't signed , he definitely needs replacing with a guedes or Rafa Silva for me.....ideally both for me as i wouldn't have signed hwang.....or maybe let podence go.....
Think we also need a physical forward as well.........agree with your midfield n defender options , but think Sanches will go ac Milan......not sure on Giles as well....be tempted to cash in on him same as Sanderson....
There is a 6'7" beast of an Austrian/Serbian striker in there who is also pretty damn quick! He couldn't be more different to our current forward options!

I have to admit though, with our current wing-backs and wing-forward options, in my opinion, it is the spine (including a centre forward) that needs strengthening first and any serious cash should be spent on that.

L78

Reaction score
Unfortunately I cant see Neves staying. He's given us some stunning years and he needs a move at his age to a top club to further his development. Given we probably wont get a euro spot, I can see this being his time to move on.
I think he will be off he should be playing champions league football as he gave it up to come to wolves just got to get used to not having him around and look forward to who we will bring in with the reportedly 45 mill we are asking

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have to embody the spirit of 2018 when we were going large and showing ambition with the signings of raul and mouts.

We shouldn't sell our best players but only add to them. We need to be ruthless.

To borrow a quote from the godfather showing the attitude we need:

Moe Greene : The Corleone Family wants to buy me out? No, I buy you out, you don't buy me out.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have to embody the spirit of 2018 when we were going large and showing ambition with the signings of raul and mouts.

We shouldn't sell our best players but only add to them. We need to be ruthless.

Moe Greene : The Corleone Family wants to buy me out? No, I buy you out, you don't buy me out.
I hope we don't end up like Moe.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is a 6'7" beast of an Austrian/Serbian striker in there who is also pretty damn quick! He couldn't be more different to our current forward options!

I have to admit though, with our current wing-backs and wing-forward options, in my opinion, it is the spine (including a centre forward) that needs strengthening first and any serious cash should be spent on that.
Agree largely......dont think we need to break the bank on a forward..the chap from Brazil seems ok....10m ish.....just need someone physical to complement the others ......we can raise cash easily enough for fringe players.....hoever, cutrone, Sanderson, Giles (maybe), is it time to cash in on Gibbs and use the money........

fleck1

Reaction score
Interesting summer ahead for Giles, Sanderson and MGW. Do the club see them pushing on again and adding something to the squad or do they feel this is what they are and maximise the income. All three would command reasonable fees this summer with sell on clauses included, but come back and fail to cut it and them fees come down pretty rapidly.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparantly - Financial Fair Play is to be abolished. Clubs can now only spend 70% of their income on transfers

So what is out turnover ??
So a newly promoted team has about £20m to spend, a mid table team about £100m and the sky 6 upwards of £250m?

Sounds about right.

Where have you seen this? Do they go in to detail about how that’s worked out, is it transfer budget per season and is it just fees or wages too?

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So a newly promoted team has about £20m to spend, a mid table team about £100m and the sky 6 upwards of £250m?

Sounds about right.

Where have you seen this? Do they go in to detail about how that’s worked out, is it transfer budget per season and is it just fees or wages too?
I’ve just read in to this and it’s “wages amortisation costs” that are capped at 70% of income. The cap will start at 90% initially and reduce to 70% after 3 years.

This is UEFA rather than the PL though so only affects teams with qualify.

For reference in the past 3 years our figures have been as follows:

2021 - Turnover £194m, Wages £139m, Amortisation £62m, ratio 103.6%

2020 - Turnover £133m, Wages £95m, Amortisation £52m, ratio 110.5%

2019 - Turnover £172m, Wages £92m, Amortisation £33m, ratio 72.7%

So even in the none covid affected year before our wages and amortisation costs had caught up with our income increase we were over 70%.

It doesn’t say how player sales are taken in to consideration however.

Kieran Maguire has tweeted some info out about this and, based on 2019 the last non-covid affected year, only 2 PL clubs would meet this:

1648038185175.png

When you consider that the PL is generally considered the richest league in the world is brings in to question how clubs from other leagues are likely to meet this.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Re the end of your post... That ended well for Moe... NOT...

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This doesn't bode well.

Scott Sellars: "I understand we are all ambitious and want to go to the next level – there’s no doubt I’m ambitious and I’m sure supporters are too – but I’m also realistic and I won’t bankrupt the club to go up another two places."

Why is someone in such a key position resorting to the sort of exaggerated BS you see on here? Nobody is asking you to bankrupt the club Scott. We wanted four senior central midfielders in a squad. Or maybe another striker.

Poor from him, should expect better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom