Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trincao and Adama swap just makes too much sense for all parties for it to not happen, it would just be good to see a little more from Trincao between now and the end of the season to be a little comfortable it's a fair swap, or at least closer

We know what Adama can (and can't) do, and there's a lot of potential in Trincao but not enough impact just yet... but we know it's normal for the first season to be a building block, next season I'm sure he will be better... and also Bruno likes how he fit's in the formation as a 'winger-midfielder' but the lad needs to up it a bit more, and a few goals finally will be the perfect way to do that, starting tonight and then good performances in these key games coming up

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So basically those maths would leave us considerably lighter than what we are now.
What's Bruno going to do - use the U-12s to beef up the 8 v 8 training sessions? :eek:
Well there's a schoolboy international and also a national squad member in the under 14/15. Bruno might want to use them.

Last edited:

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did he not?

Neves, Jota, Boly, Bonatini, Vinagre, Douglas, N’Diaye, Bennett, Ruddy, Miranda, Norris is 11 players in. They all came in to the first team that summer as did Ofosu-Ayeh (who obviously wasn’t involved)
Harsh, I saw him in full kit coming on to celebrate after the Sheffield Wednesday game!

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's sweeten the deal with a puig loan to buy.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like we have done another deal with Macquarie (dated 8th Feb).

It mentions Spurs - maybe the last two instalments due on the Doherty transfer totalling about £6.6m (which I think means he would have been sold for c£13.2m - sounds about right?).

We have taken out loans against our TV cash previously (and other clubs do it) with the same Bank to help with cashflow. However I'm not sure how common taking out loans against incoming transfer fees is (it may also be done by clubs who get decent fees in)? We did it with the Jota money - and now the Doc sale. That said - I'm not sure we had sold anybody before Jota for any kind of meaningful sum (whereby we could access this type of money early)?

I was (naively?) hopeful the 'early' release of the Jota cash may have led to some big(ger) moves in Jan but clearly that did not transpire. But you'd have thought we would be signing players on the same kind of instalment deals that we sell them? Again - the optimist says perhaps we are getting as much of our cash now for a Summer splurge - but the realist wonders what is actually happening at the moment?

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like we have done another deal with Macquarie (dated 8th Feb).

It mentions Spurs - maybe the last two instalments due on the Doherty transfer totalling about £6.6m (which I think means he would have been sold for c£13.2m - sounds about right?).

We have taken out loans against our TV cash previously (and other clubs do it) with the same Bank to help with cashflow. However I'm not sure how common taking out loans against incoming transfer fees is (it may also be done by clubs who get decent fees in)? We did it with the Jota money - and now the Doc sale. That said - I'm not sure we had sold anybody before Jota for any kind of meaningful sum (whereby we could access this type of money early)?

I was (naively?) hopeful the 'early' release of the Jota cash may have led to some big(ger) moves in Jan but clearly that did not transpire. But you'd have thought we would be signing players on the same kind of instalment deals that we sell them? Again - the optimist says perhaps we are getting as much of our cash now for a Summer splurge - but the realist wonders what is actually happening at the moment?
so we have now had 3 loans?
TV money
jota money
Doc money
what`s left?next TV instalment?
after that all we have is Compton as security
A finance expert has the bank is charging 7.5/9% interest
very strange

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
so we have now had 3 loans?
TV money
jota money
Doc money
what`s left?next TV instalment?
after that all we have is Compton as security
A finance expert has the bank is charging 7.5/9% interest
very strange
I think they used the training ground as security on a previous loan, but maybe that loan has been paid back already. I'm pretty sure it was used, but someone might want to fact-check me on that.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just seen on Twitter Fabio Ramiro saying Youri Telemans will leave Leicester on a free to go to a big team.

And a Wolves fan retweeting it angry that we aren’t going in for him. Jesus wept.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just seen on Twitter Fabio Ramiro saying Youri Telemans will leave Leicester on a free to go to a big team.

And a Wolves fan retweeting it angry that we aren’t going in for him. Jesus wept.
Leicester’s recruitment has rightly been lauded by many however their fans are really unhappy with it recently.

Things like this with Tielemans contract running down and not selling him high as they have with other players previously are raising more questions too.

Is it just unsustainable to expect to perform well in the transfer window consistently and punch above your weight? Do any teams outside of the top 6 have a realistic chance of consistently breaking in to it or is it just a case of enjoying a couple of good years in the sun and then falling back again?

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leicester’s recruitment has rightly been lauded by many however their fans are really unhappy with it recently.

Things like this with Tielemans contract running down and not selling him high as they have with other players previously are raising more questions too.

Is it just unsustainable to expect to perform well in the transfer window consistently and punch above your weight? Do any teams outside of the top 6 have a realistic chance of consistently breaking in to it or is it just a case of enjoying a couple of good years in the sun and then falling back again?

It’s deluded. If he’s not already paid more than our highest players he’d certainly want to be, and why would be swap mid table for mid table?

We should be picking up the next Tellemans

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That's sums up where our fans heads are unfortunately.....keep saying it, delusion has never been higher .....'we, should be beating teams like this' was all I was hearing at the game against arsenal'....

Last edited:

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon we can expect wholesale changes I fully expect someone to pay 60/70m for neves plus others being out of contract could leave us with a nice 170m kitty Adama money the likes of dendoncker shifted.

The summer window id want to sign another keeper back up for Sa, a central defender. We’re going to have to totally rebuild the midfield if Neves, Moutinho & Donk leave which means Lage can get his pressing players he wants and a target man striker. So say 7/8 incomings about 15 maybe more leaving.
No one will pay 60-70 million for Neves. When we eventually lose him it will be for around 40 million at most I think.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's sums up where our fans heads are unfortunately.....keep saying it delusion has never been higher .....'we, should be beating teams like this' was all I was hearing at the game against arsenal'....
Of course we shouldn't automatically expect to beat Arsenal, unless we have some sort of player advantage. Oh, wait!!! :)

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s deluded. If he’s not already paid more than our highest players he’d certainly want to be, and why would be swap mid table for mid table?

We should be picking up the next Tellemans
Oh yeah, sorry, I completely agree with you we aren’t signing Tielemans.

My point was more a tangent off yours about how Leicester seem to have fallen back in general and the Tielemans stuff is just one aspect of it. They were the progressive team breaking the top 6 12 months ago, now they look like they could well be back to mid table not even a season later. It’s amazing how quickly upward momentum can seemingly vanish.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh yeah, sorry, I completely agree with you we aren’t signing Tielemans.

My point was more a tangent off yours about how Leicester seem to have fallen back in general and the Tielemans stuff is just one aspect of it. They were the progressive team breaking the top 6 12 months ago, now they look like they could well be back to mid table not even a season later. It’s amazing how quickly upward momentum can seemingly vanish.
This is what worries me. Squads can suddenly go stale and others around can improve, that’s why if you aren’t looking to make strides forward then you WILL go backwards at some stage. To be fair to Leicester their best centre back is out for nearly the season, he would have been brilliant this season but they really haven’t freshened up the attacking and midfield areas enough. This is why we need to have a big summer as Leicester are far more established in the league than us and it’s happened to them already.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Translation......no new contract for moutinho....wolves looking for a fresh cycle.....I think palhinha will replace moutinho in the summer....

Can see Jorge doing a deal around wolves getting palhinha and sporting getting vinagre and moutinho (free), where he started his career.....I think there will be a few changes this summer.....

Last edited:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Translation......no new contract for moutinho....wolves looking for a fresh cycle.....I think palhinha will replace moutinho in the summer....

Can see Jorge doing a deal around wolves getting palhinha and sporting getting vinagre and moutinho (free), where he started his career.....I think there will be a few changes this summer.....
Palhinha will replace neves probably I hope you’re right though

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Palhinha will replace neves probably I hope you’re right though
The big move for Neves might not happen, as it hasn't happened the last two summers ....and hopefully it doesn't ... moutinho has been great but I think his wages could be put to two players personally.....and starting a new cycle with the squad...100k a week....we could have a 70k n 30k player....

17miles

Reaction score
Watching the Porto v Sporting game last night and the commentator said something like Palinhina is already talked about as being the Wolves replacement for Neves.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching the Porto v Sporting game last night and the commentator said something like Palinhina is already talked about as being the Wolves replacement for Neves.
Ready made deal for a few years now. As said above no one come in for Neves yet but I do expect him to leave this summer

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sign Sanches or equivalent to play alongside Neves. That's it. Dendonk, MGW and now Cundle in there as back up. Moutinho as player coach!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 way move maybe, Adama to Barca, Rafa to us and Trinaco to Benfica?

Could we do another Afobe style deal here maybe?

Sign Trincao permanently and flip him in a part-exchange to Benfica for Rafa Silva, saving us the £5m we have to pay Barca if we don't take up the option on Trincao?

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could we do another Afobe style deal here maybe?

Sign Trincao permanently and flip him in a part-exchange to Benfica for Rafa Silva, saving us the £5m we have to pay Barca if we don't take up the option on Trincao?
Na, your not going to sell him on for more than the 25. And if someone else is interested in him, Barcelona won’t except less from us than the third team is willing to pay. They would just cut us out as the middle man.
Worked with afobe because we had quite a low priced option.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Some interesting links regarding potential Summer activity. Pedro stands out for me as someone who could make a big difference to us, if he were to join.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220321-191430_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220321-191430_Facebook.jpg
    709.8 KB · Views: 167
  • Screenshot_20220321-191225_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220321-191225_Facebook.jpg
    402.3 KB · Views: 165
  • Screenshot_20220321-191204_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220321-191204_Facebook.jpg
    455.6 KB · Views: 167

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some interesting links regarding potential Summer activity. Pedro stands out for me as someone who could make a big difference to us, if he were to join.
Interesting attacking links

What about defensive side? / replacing Ruddy, Marcal, Saiss & Moutinho as a bare minimum?!?!

Palhinha, Giles, Bolla, MGW do not inspire me to part with £700

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Read we were interested in Rafa Silva who wants a move this summer which I think could be quite likely. Di Maria is likely to move on a free to Benfica to replace him allowing him to leave. Got previous experience working with Lage as well.

Pedrinho was signed by Lage at Benfica as well so I could see that possibly happening instead of Trincao as I imagine he would be the cheaper option.

Pedro looks like the sort of number 9 Bruno keeps saying he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom