Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Chelsea

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh yes. I think we're getting somewhere there. Bill Buck, US lawyer who made his name buying up companies for the predecessor of Gazprom, which is basically how the property of the Russian people was sold off cheap to Abramovich and Berezovsky. The latter fell out with Putin and was found guilty in Russia of embezzlement and given asylum in the UK. Some suspicion Putin tried to have him bumped off. Sounds like a safe pair of hands.
Sure that it's Bruce Buck but not arguing the basic facts...

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he'll still manage things behind the scenes. I assume all the economic sanctions coming in will stop him being able to put money in or take money out of the club as I assume all his accounts are frozen? Having said that he would have been aware of this invasion some time back which would have given him time, with all the other oligarchs, to get their monies switched to new hidden accounts, different names, different companies. He'll be fine.
Chelsea shares are owned by a shell company which in turn is owned by an entity under the control of Abramavich in the cayman Islands

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he'll still manage things behind the scenes. I assume all the economic sanctions coming in will stop him being able to put money in or take money out of the club as I assume all his accounts are frozen? Having said that he would have been aware of this invasion some time back which would have given him time, with all the other oligarchs, to get their monies switched to new hidden accounts, different names, different companies. He'll be fine.
I can't say too much but you would be surprised....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently Abramovitch also has Portuguese citizenship.!!
He does. His ancestors were among the Jewish people driven out of Portugual around 1600. The Portuguese government have offered such folk citizenship if they want it as a gesture of apology.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The good thing about the chelsea situation and the premier league is that there isnt another club waiting to take over from them which also have immeasurable wealth, where losses are not important and is only designed to curry favour and provide cover for a political regime.....

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be careful what you wish for here (or don't depending on how passionately you feel about it) because there is a slim possibility that China / Taiwan could end up looking like Russia / Ukraine...

Personally I'd like all the dodgy regimes run out of British football (and politics) but that would spell trouble for us, Villa, Everton, Newcastle, and arguably Man City too.

English top level football sold it's soul many years ago and to truly fix it would mean a revolution; it would also probably mean the PL is caught up by the Bundesliga and Sirie A. Not a problem for me tbh but the Russians are baddies narrative in isolation is a bit naive.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For what its worth, out of all the rich Russians, Abramovich appears to be the only one to be putting work into broker some peace, and hes doing it after Ukraine reached out to him.

Bad guy yeah, but seems like at least he the only one close to Putin actually doing something.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Be careful what you wish for here (or don't depending on how passionately you feel about it) because there is a slim possibility that China / Taiwan could end up looking like Russia / Ukraine...

Personally I'd like all the dodgy regimes run out of British football (and politics) but that would spell trouble for us, Villa, Everton, Newcastle, and arguably Man City too.

English top level football sold it's soul many years ago and to truly fix it would mean a revolution; it would also probably mean the PL is caught up by the Bundesliga and Sirie A. Not a problem for me tbh but the Russians are baddies narrative in isolation is a bit naive.
USA ain’t squeaky clean far from it so that wouldn’t leave many clubs left

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My solution to the current goings-on at Chelsea is pretty simple.
1. Arrest Abramovich
2. Relegate Chelsea
3. Sell all the players
4. Send the proceeds to Ukraine
5. Half of the proceeds to the wolves central midfielder charity collection.
If we’re really talking about justice.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
6. Get the Bhatti brothers and Jez Moxey in to run the newly relegated Chelsea

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Usmanov who tried to buy Arsenal and now sponsors Evertons training ground and has naming rights on their new stadium has had his assets frozen by the EU.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I felt sorry for Thomas Tuchel today as he was forced to sit there and answer questions that to coin a phrase " Are above his pay grade " as the media just kept asking him the same question over and over again. Where was the Chief Executive or some other board member ? I thought he showed remarkable patience right up until the end when he finally snapped when he said something like " Please stop asking me that ! " As he said he is the football Coach not someone who could answer what they were asking.

I know Sean Dyche is not everyone's " cup of tea " ( I like him ! ) and listening to the media keep asking Herr Tuchel the same set of questions over and over again put me in mind of when Mr Dyche said to one of them " I wish I had gone to the University so I could ask the same question worded slightly differently 15 times in 30 minutes ! "

Like I said originally where were the Chelsea people who could answer these questions ?

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Abramovitch has apparently offered to sell Chelsea to a Swiss billionaire by the name of Wyss. Presumably the new owner would have to reimburse him the £1.5 billion loan he made to Chelsea.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know Sean Dyche is not everyone's " cup of tea " ( I like him ! ) and listening to the media keep asking Herr Tuchel the same set of questions over and over again put me in mind of when Mr Dyche said to one of them " I wish I had gone to the University so I could ask the same question worded slightly differently 15 times in 30 minutes ! "
The thing that annoys me is when an interviewer asks a question the interviewee has just answered.

"I think we're playing well and have a chance of winning today"

"So you think you have a chance of winning today?"

"Yes."

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For what its worth, out of all the rich Russians, Abramovich appears to be the only one to be putting work into broker some peace, and hes doing it after Ukraine reached out to him.

Bad guy yeah, but seems like at least he the only one close to Putin actually doing something.
Best thing Abramovitz could do would be to smuggle a gun into the Kremlin and put a bullet between Putin's eyes.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Abramovitch has apparently offered to sell Chelsea to a Swiss billionaire by the name of Wyss. Presumably the new owner would have to reimburse him the £1.5 billion loan he made to Chelsea.
With the sanctions in place I'm not sure how he could pay him - cash? He'd need a ****ing big wheel barrow! Just said on PMQs that Abramovitch is trying to sell all his uk properties. Again how he'd get his money I'm not sure. Quicker the country rids itself of crooks like Abramovitch, and all the others, the better.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
It's about time things caught up with Chelsea. They've been enjoying years of success built on money stolen from the Russian people, and nearly everyone has turned a blind eye to it because money and success talks. The club needs to be seized before Abramovich sells and takes his stolen money elsewhere.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should be concentrating as fans as our platform to send a message to Fosun and the greater Chinese market than be worrying about Chelsea. Fosun have huge investments in Russia.At club level It'll be interesting if we come out with a 'we stand with Ukraine' stance as many other Premierleague clubs.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chelsea will be sold to another dodgy party no doubt about it. Although didn’t Britains richest man try to buy them not long back?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s as likely to get 4 billion as Putin is of winning the Nobel Peace Prize. If he wants out he needs to cut his losses (he won’t get what he’s put in via personal loans either). This is Chelsea we’re talking about, not even the actual traditional big clubs like United, Madrid or Barcelona are worth 4 billion. In fact they probably aren’t worth anything near that collectively.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s as likely to get 4 billion as Putin is of winning the Nobel Peace Prize. If he wants out he needs to cut his losses (he won’t get what he’s put in via personal loans either). This is Chelsea we’re talking about, not even the actual traditional big clubs like United, Madrid or Barcelona are worth 4 billion. In fact they probably aren’t worth anything near that collectively.
Telegraph article below. Swiss billionaire says he’s asking too much, and I agree. He’s a distressed seller so will take a big hit on that. That aside, I guess if the 1.5bn in debt is included in the value, leaving the club at 2.5bn, then it may not be so crazy. Stamford Bridge is in prime Chelsea real estate and must be worth a fortune alone. Then add in the value of the club itself, with its income stream including the two hotels and stores at the stadium, and I can see how you would get maybe to 2bn. So maybe 3.5bn including wiping the debt if the seller were not desperate. But he is, so he will take a big hit on that.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Telegraph article below. Swiss billionaire says he’s asking too much, and I agree. He’s a distressed seller so will take a big hit on that.

That aside, I guess if the 1.5bn in debt is included in the value, leaving the club at 2.5bn, then it may not be so crazy. Stamford Bridge with its hotels etc is in prime Chelsea real estate and must be worth a fortune alone. Then add in the value of the club itself, with its football related commercial income stream, and I can see how you would get maybe get to 4bn including the debt being written off. In the circumstances he’s selling, I would imagine he will need to write off the debt himself, so he may get perhaps half of what he seeks.

Back
Top Bottom