Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nelson Semedo

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Semedo has improved this season, of that, there is no doubt. I think some of the stick he took last season was due to the huge fee. Huge fees bring huge expectation! Additionally, he was prone to errors and whilst he looked good going forwards, he was poor defensively.
This season, he has improved defensively and whilst he still likes to get forwards, unfortunately his end-product is still missing. Doherty, to whom he will always be compared scored one and made one for Spuds yesterday. So what, some will say. Well, that's the same output that Semedo has provided all season. His goal conversion rate (according to the ever-reliable Beeb) is a mere 7%. Doherty, who many deride on this site has 1 goal and 2 assists for Spuds over the season from many fewer minutes on the pitch.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nelse is right up there with the best Premier League wing backs in the country without a doubt imo. How many are better than him?

He has been excellent this season and has been unfairly criticised and become a scapegoat when we have lost, especially last season.

Great player and clubman imo.
Depends on what criteria is used. Looking at output (goals and assists);

Cancelo, TAA, Robertson, Azpilicueta, Walker, James, Chilwell, Tierney, Cresswell, Reguilon, Doherty, Walker-Peters, Tella, Cash, Targett, Albrighton, Pereira and Trippier.

Well, you did ask! ;)

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Cancelo, TAA, Robertson, Azpilicueta, Walker, James, Chilwell, Tierney, Cresswell, Reguilon, Doherty, Walker-Peters, Tella, Cash, Targett, Albrighton, Pereira and Trippier.

Well, you did ask! ;)
You can name as many as you like.

Semedo is up there with the best of them Imo!

Reaction score
Its now a chance for whoever replaces him to make the place his own and consign him to the subs bench when he returns, tough world football but one player's injury is another's opportunity.

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't see what's great about him. If he doesn't play the next few games, maybe I'll see.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought last season he was completely woeful positionally at times. This season this has improved massively and we have improved massively on the transition. Going forward he looks classy, but it ultimately doesn't create as much as it should.
Sometimes I think he takes the option rather than the quick, more penetrative option, which wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't for the fact the whole team seemingly does that.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, but if jonny is fully fit, we probably won't.
He obviously isnt and being out for so long will tire rapidly
Theres a huge difference to being fit,and being match fit,and thats only the physical side
He will also have to get over the mental side of that first big tackle,it all takes time
Personally i would play Hoever there for a few games and gradually introduce Jonny
Hopefully Semedo will not be out for long,and for all of those saying we wont miss him lets see,imo hes been one of, if not the, most consistent performers over the last year

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silky Semedo. Class. We’re going to have to get something out of our £10m dutch kid though, as said above Nelson will be gone for a while. Prob 6-8 weeks. No such thing as a short-term hammy injury unless you want him to injure it again. KJH can be better than he was yesterday and we can’t rush Jonny.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Well, you did ask! ;)

We just love to overrate our players. Neves is another and people would mock Rice but only one winner yesterday. Semedo is good, but there are plenty as good or better and as a wing back, Semedo has to provide a lot more in the final third to be considered among the very best.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has become an integral part of our team this season and it showed how much we missed his energy and composure down the right. Hopefully Hoever takes his opportunity while Semedo is out and puts in some better performances now he will get a run of games in the side.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silky Semedo. Class. We’re going to have to get something out of our £10m dutch kid though, as said above Nelson will be gone for a while. Prob 6-8 weeks. No such thing as a short-term hammy injury unless you want him to injure it again. KJH can be better than he was yesterday and we can’t rush Jonny.

I can’t think of any good game KJH has had for us either as a starter or from the bench.

I do remember some bad ones though. Yesterday for 90 minutes and those 5 minutes from the bench against the Scousers earlier this season. He’s had chances but hasn’t taken them.

If Semedo wasn’t injured he probably wouldn’t have been In yesterdays squad.

He needs to improve 100%. Especially being more attack minded and having more energy.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t think of any good game KJH has had for us either as a starter or from the bench.

I do remember some bad ones though. Yesterday for 90 minutes and those 5 minutes from the bench against the Scousers earlier this season. He’s had chances but hasn’t taken them.

If Semedo wasn’t injured he probably wouldn’t have been In yesterdays squad.

He needs to improve 100%. Especially being more attack minded and having more energy.
Poor this season in his few opportunities. Showed more last season, more offensive-minded, including a perplexing shift at RW. I’m just being positive. If Jonny’s got 60 in him I’ll have it, but I doubt it.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Hoever had an excellent game at Old Trafford last season. Definitely got potential judged by that.
If he plays on Saturday it will be interesting - to say the least - to see how he gets on against Zaha.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is hoever big enough to be a centre half?

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mosquera had a decent game in the U23’s and was subbed just after scoring. Think he could get the nod at the weekend.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Hoever had an excellent game at Old Trafford last season. Definitely got potential judged by that.
If he plays on Saturday it will be interesting - to say the least - to see how he gets on against Zaha.
All Liverpool players play well at Old Trafford.

T

TheConcourse

He's looked good on rare occasions but you're right, Bolla looks very promising. He should be here next season, so should Giles.
We’re looking pretty good at WB next season.

RAN > Giles > Jonny
Semedo > Bolla > Jonny

No offence meant to Jonny, he’s third because of his unlucky injury record. Immense talent to have in the squad and should have played yesterday.

Lots of competition!

CologneWolf

Reaction score
He has become an integral part of our team this season and it showed how much we missed his energy and composure down the right. Hopefully Hoever takes his opportunity while Semedo is out and puts in some better performances now he will get a run of games in the side.

Definitely. I think we often underestimate how difficult it must be for players to be to perform to their max without a consistent run of games... As an example we had seen so many glimpses of Podence’s brilliance but he always seemed to be returning from injury/carrying a niggle and just as he’d get a run of games going he would be out again. Quite a few were prepared to write him off. And now fully fit with a string of games together he’s been by far our best forward...

Unless he turns in an absolute dogs breakfast over the next 2 games I think it’s worth persevering with Hoever until Semedo returns. He needs the experience for his development and Bruno/Staff/ and us fans need to see he offers the club something moving forward. Far more to be gained long-term giving meaningful minutes to Hoever rather than risking Jonny... Then a loan next season to a competitive championship side where he will be likely to start.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

RAN > Giles > Jonny
Semedo > Bolla > Jonny

No offence meant to Jonny, he’s third because of his unlucky injury record. Immense talent to have in the squad and should have played yesterday.

Lots of competition!
Jonny didn't look sharp in his cameo on Thursday. There is no way that he's match fit and Lage doubtless quite rightly wants to nurse him back.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

RAN > Giles > Jonny
Semedo > Bolla > Jonny

Lots of competition!

I wonder if we may cash in on Jonny. But that would probably mean keeping Marcal so hopefully that isn't the case. Giles is the wild card, he seems good but would likely spend most time on the bench here at the moment. I guess we could see a bid for RAN which would open things up.

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
I wonder if we may cash in on Jonny. But that would probably mean keeping Marcal so hopefully that isn't the case. Giles is the wild card, he seems good but would likely spend most time on the bench here at the moment. I guess we could see a bid for RAN which would open things up.
It'll be a ring of fire on here if we cash in on Jonny.

Back
Top Bottom