Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Walsall

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My daughter in law has arranged online to give some kids' stuff away and the bloke coming to collect it tomorrow, as it turns out, is from Walsall. I know nothing about Walsall but wondered if there is usually any anti-Wolves sentiment there or are they often Wolves supporters. Is it best to steer clear of football while he's with us? I want the visit to go well!

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My daughter in law has arranged online to give some kids' stuff away and the bloke coming to collect it tomorrow, as it turns out, is from Walsall. I know nothing about Walsall but wondered if there is usually any anti-Wolves sentiment there or are they often Wolves supporters. Is it best to steer clear of football while he's with us? I want the visit to go well!
He could well be a Wolves fan, in which case definitely avoid football because there will be an argument ;)

R

reanswolf

North (Bloxwich) or west Walsall (especially Willenhall, Short Heath, Darlo, Moxley), reasonable chance he is Wolves, south or east Walsall, more likely Albion. If he is a Walsall fan, he will smash your windows in cos they hate us, but all in all there is more chance someone from Walsall likes Man Utd or Liverpool.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
I never knew any Walsall fans years ago and just noticed that whenever their score came through at Molineux it would always be greeted warmly if they'd won. Then I went to Fellows Park, honestly imagining we might receive the same in response. I was somewhat surprised to find them abusing us for most of the game. I guess it's just the inevitable inferiority complex. Always found it odd that they have such a poor club in such a strong footballing area, just destroyed by being surrounded by big clubs (and Albion) I guess.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As you can see from below I played for Walsall Youth Team back in the late 60's early 70''s. Plus also me and Mrs J ran The Banks's Builders Arms pub back of the College near centre of Walsall for a short time. There is a fair amount of Wolves fans I came across during this time and I never felt a hate towards us Wolves supporters whatsoever in all this time from Walsall supporters. Even whilst living in the area and while I went to school in Bloxwich & Walsall in my childhood never felt any hate or jealousy towards us Wolves supporters either. Lets face it they've always been in the lower leagues so never any real rivalry is there between the 2 clubs.
At one time as you can see from below (Johnny Hancocks & Bert Williams) in the 50's they were like Grasshoppers Zurich now a bit of a feeder club for us ;)

Last edited:

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As you can see from below I played for Walsall Youth Team back in the late 60's early 70''s. Plus also me and Mrs J ran The Banks's Builders Arms pub back of the College near centre of Walsall for a short time. There is a fair amount of Wolves fans I came across during this time and I never felt a hate towards us Wolves supporters whatsoever in all this time from Walsall supporters. Even whilst living in the area and while I went to school in Bloxwich & Walsall in my childhood never felt any hate or jealousy towards us Wolves supporters either. Lets face it they've always been in the lower leagues so never any real rivalry is there between the 2 clubs.
At one time as you can see from below (Johnny Hancocks & Bert Williams) in the 50's they were like Grasshoppers Zurich now a bit of a feeder club for us ;)
Every Walsall fan I have ever met hates Wolves. That goes back to my school days as well. ****ers the lot of them.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had to logout to see your comment @Burton Wolf.. I got you on ignore no wonder with crazy comments like that :)

Btw I forgot to add my best mate at school & best man when I got married is a Walsall Fan and he never hated Wolves or me obviously ;)

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While he’s with you? He’ll be there five minutes, grab the stuff and clear off.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I worked with a Walsall fan they absolutely hate us there was him and a Baggies fan they used to attend each other’s games together that’s how yampy they are
You must be a young @SuperGran then as I'm talking about 50 years ago when I lived and went to school in Walsall and Walsall Art College also. When there was not as much hate as there was from the 90's on towards us Wolves fans.
Bully has a lot to do with it you know as I worked in West Bromwich for 15 years and I use to love going into work after we usually beat them and rubbed it in by singing this song to the baggies fans..
# Thank you very much for Steve Bull.. thank you very much.. thank you very very very much... # :)

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for all your responses, some more helpful than others! Have no idea who Lindsey is so that post has passed me by! I think I'll play safe and keep out of the way; I'm not taking my Wolves stuff off the walls and if he comes after 1.30 I'll be watching us beat WHU!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Thanks for all your responses, some more helpful than others! Have no idea who Lindsey is so that post has passed me by! I think I'll play safe and keep out of the way; I'm not taking my Wolves stuff off the walls and if he comes after 1.30 I'll be watching us beat WHU!

Enjoy!

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

Did you take a year off supporting us when we were in league 1?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
must admit I'm a bit confused by this whole thread
It's meant to be light-hearted but there is a serious point to it. When this guy comes in and perhaps sees my Wolves stuff about I was interested to know, esp if he's a football fan, who he's probably likely to support, and if not Wolves what his reaction to me as a Wolves fan might be? If you can't help or you're not interested don't read the thread but there have been some very helpful responses, esp from Reans and Jade and Jay Jay.

R

reanswolf

Chances are if he is coming up to collect stuff he is a market trader anyway from West Bromwich or Walsall market.

Good luck, hope you survive:)-

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's meant to be light-hearted but there is a serious point to it. When this guy comes in and perhaps sees my Wolves stuff about I was interested to know, esp if he's a football fan, who he's probably likely to support, and if not Wolves what his reaction to me as a Wolves fan might be? If you can't help or you're not interested don't read the thread but there have been some very helpful responses, esp from Reans and Jade and Jay Jay.
I doubt he’ll give you a shoeing for being a wolves fan if thats what you’re worried about.

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
well as it happens I can help: I guarantee you there won't be an issue

if it turns out I'm wrong then get back to me and I'll gladly acknowledge my error

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve always liked Walsall and want them to do reasonably well
I always look for their result, vast majority of Wolves fans going back to the seventies always wanted to Walsall to do well. It was not until late eighties and our demise when we started playing them for a while that there was a few Wolves fans taking a dislike to them
For me they are the only West Midlands team that I don’t hate(obviously not Wolves as well just in case some smart **** throws that in LOL)

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dow tek a lot then Ned.Ya Dow need to be a rocket scientist. :confused:

Bradmore Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Because we played Walsall home and away that season. I’m guessing you didn’t go to either of those games if you have to start a thread asking about wether Walsall fans like wolves fans.
And we lost to them in a cup didn't we?

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Put it this way..If they were in the premier,they would be ar nearest rivals.Walsall hate wolves....But obviously not all Walsall fans.The same as not every wolves fan hates the baggies.But the majority do.

Back
Top Bottom