Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Joao Palhinha & Mendes

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I am sceptical given he was first linked to us well over 2 years ago at around £7mill when we had just watched him play on our home turf for Braga. To think we will pay treble or quadruple that now doesn't really compute.

However, we are going to need a bit of experience to replace Moutinho and he's got plenty. Also, he would probably contribute to additional defence tightening in the current formation given his stature and approach.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He shouldn't be a Neves replacement, not even close to his quality. I wasn't hugely impressed at the Euros. Just looked like a water carrier.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could be.
Then allow neves more freedom, like he used to have when Saiss played alongside him.
Said before I can see moutinho going to sporting on a free....that's where he started his career....,...we get palhinha, sporting get vinagre, moutinho and about 25m Euros.....all sorted by Jorge.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Vinagre transfer has been triggered and so Wolves have some bargaining power with Sporting, expect a Mendes type deal where all parties benefit.
You’re suggesting that Palhilnha could come in lieu of the €10m owing for Vinagre?

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said before I can see moutinho going to sporting on a free....that's where he started his career....,...we get palhinha, sporting get vinagre, moutinho and about 25m Euros.....all sorted by Jorge.
He's said in interviews before that if he returned to Portugal it would be with Porto so I doubt it

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’re suggesting that Palhilnha could come in lieu of the €10m owing for Vinagre?

No, I think he’s suggesting some mutual arrangement which keeps the fees and payment terms acceptable to all parties. As someone suggested, maybe Moutinho goes there at the same time.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Meh.
If we switch to 4-2-4 then he is probably what we need in front of our defence. If we are sticking with formation i don't see what he brings over donk. But we need more numbers there.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Meh.
If we switch to 4-2-4 then he is probably what we need in front of our defence. If we are sticking with formation i don't see what he brings over donk. But we need more numbers there.
I think he gives us the engine in midfield to go 4 at the back. Mgw comes back and plays the cam role then we have podence neto trincao chicinho competing for the inverted forward roles.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly I think if he comes it's to replace Neves. And I really dont want us to lose Neves.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he gives us the engine in midfield to go 4 at the back. Mgw comes back and plays the cam role then we have podence neto trincao chicinho competing for the inverted forward roles.

Find it hard to believe that Podence or Neto will be battling for a place in a team with MGW as a nailed on starter

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Welcome to Wolves Palhinha. Can’t get any more obvious only worry now is keeping Neves!!

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think Neves gets Moutinho's contract and becomes the top earner at the club in the Summer. He clearly wants to stay, if we get Europe why would he move elsewhere and it's clearly very important for the long term project on the pitch that he does stay. 2 years out is when these things usually get negotiated so it all seems to fit beautifully.

Palhinha is then the Moutinho replacement and him and Donk would fight it out to partner Neves in 343 with Cundle and MGW offering options for 352.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Neves gets Moutinho's contract and becomes the top earner at the club in the Summer. He clearly wants to stay, if we get Europe why would he move elsewhere and it's clearly very important for the long term project on the pitch that he does stay. 2 years out is when these things usually get negotiated so it all seems to fit beautifully.

Palhinha is then the Moutinho replacement and him and Donk would fight it out to partner Neves in 343 with Cundle and MGW offering options for 352.
Nearly perfect......sell donk to fund Renato....

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He shouldn't be a Neves replacement, not even close to his quality. I wasn't hugely impressed at the Euros. Just looked like a water carrier.

If Neves goes I can't see us paying what it takes to get a similar quality replacement. A young up and comer with potential maybe at best

I reckon Neves is irreplaceable to us all things considered. I'll be gutted if we sell him, especially to a prem team

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not exactly, but the owed sum would be included in a deal plus x minus y in the Mendes carousel.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve always been a bit “meh” about Palhinha. I’ve not really seen much of him but when I have I’ve never really got the fuss. I assume he’s one of those players who you appreciate when you see him live.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think he's more one of those who do the dirty work if you like, break up play, simple passes, nothing flash like Neves or Moutinho.
Fans don't generally appreciate those players but managers and coaches do.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am sceptical given he was first linked to us well over 2 years ago at around £7mill when we had just watched him play on our home turf for Braga. To think we will pay treble or quadruple that now doesn't really compute.

However, we are going to need a bit of experience to replace Moutinho and he's got plenty. Also, he would probably contribute to additional defence tightening in the current formation given his stature and approach.
It happens. Most of us would have been delighted if we’d sold a Kilman for £5m in the summer, now we’d want a zero on the end. We didn’t need a CM two years ago, Neves and Moutinho were pretty much fixtures in the team.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wheels in motion
Cant see Mouts staying after this season probably a free to His home land
Palhinha comes for Vinagre plus cash,that would free Neves to become a more attacking CM which is his best role for me
Of course im sure there will be bids for Neves from big teams, its a matter of does he want to stay for a few more seasons really,and of course the size of the bids
If we show some ambition and bring in a few quality additions, it could convince Neves to stay,plus a lot depends where we end up this season too
A lot of intangibles but you can see the logic

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think he is an upgrade on donk which is the position i reckon he would most likely replace. These type of players never look outstanding but they do the dirty work well. If we get that european spot and we can convince neves to stay and dare i say it, bring in Sanches as well that would be a formidable midfield 3. Dreaming is for free.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmmm .... the cynical part of me would suggest that the 25m Euros will end up in agent's fees.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
God this place hates dendoncker they’ll definitely hate Palhina with the movement of the Titanic. Be careful for what you wish for.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
God this place hates dendoncker they’ll definitely hate Palhina with the movement of the Titanic. Be careful for what you wish for.

Yeah I've seen quite a bit of him and he's very much in the Dendoncker mould, I dunno why some see him as a Neves replacement that is just bizarre not even similar in the slightest and TBH I would not want him for the fees being banded about.

I see him as a younger William Carvalho maybe a little more mobile and better passing which isn't exactly high praise.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still think we would be mad to let Mouts go unless he wants to make the move.

Beer Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I was not overly impressed with him during the Euros. I hope we don't get our pants pulled down over the fee if we bid for him.

Back
Top Bottom